Buddhism

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Buddhism

Post by LoneBear » Wed May 06, 2009 5:54 pm

lvx08 wrote:I was listening to an interview the other day where the guy was talking how the sun is no longer yellow but white. I had noticed something similar and had just thought it was just the season. Any one else noticed this and if so what would be the explanation?
The Reciprocal System (and Ra) have stellar evolution in the opposite direction from conventional astronomers, so the spectral class sequence for stellar evolution goes like this:

(red giant) N-R-M-K-G-F-A-B-O (blue giant)

We were classified as a G2 star, heading for type F, using Larson's astronomy. Looks like we got there. (G0 is "G", G9 is almost K, so the numbers are also backwards). Given the greatly increased amount of dust in the solar system (even the moons of Jupiter are leaving trails...), not surprising the sun got hotter and moved towards F.

Wikipedia: "Class F stars have strengthening H and K lines of Ca II. Neutral metals (Fe I, Cr I) beginning to gain on ionized metal lines by late F. Their spectra are characterized by the weaker hydrogen lines and ionized metals. Their color is white. About 1 in 33 of the main sequence stars in the solar neighborhood are Class F stars."
lvx08 wrote:
Gopi wrote:
LoneBear wrote:Just recently, a relatively nearby 3rd density world went into the WW III state and was about to wipe themselves out. A more advanced, neighboring race intervened, however.
Very interesting. Any references?
that was my question too! :)
J. Randolph Wniters, "The Pleiadian Connection" video discusses it in detail, with regards to Eduard Meier being taken to this world to see what was going on there, along with a demonstration how a nuclear missile can be stopped.

Amhlaibh
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Amhlaibh » Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 am

What sort of affect is the moon to have upon it? The last couple months here the moon has been extra bright but it is still small, we can't make out the dark spots unless it shines through clouds now. I also rekon it's turned about an eighth eastwards, maybe it normally does, i'm not sure.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 pm

oldnum7 wrote:What sort of affect is the moon to have upon it? The last couple months here the moon has been extra bright but it is still small, we can't make out the dark spots unless it shines through clouds now. I also rekon it's turned about an eighth eastwards, maybe it normally does, i'm not sure.
It's funny you mention that, as I just made the same comment last night, chatting with a friend. I even checked the lunar perigee to see if it was an illusion, and we're almost at apogee now (furthest distance from Earth, May 14th--perigee isn't until the 26th). The moon seems much too bright.

Things appear larger and brighter when there is more dust in the atmosphere, causing diffusion. This might be the case... back in the 1950s, there was a theory floating around the astronomy community that our solar system was entering a dust cloud, which they thought was a protostar. It would reach us around the turn of the century. Well, now we're here.

Having been around for half a century now, I have noticed other things... the stars are brighter, in general, when you're out in the wilderness. Also, one of the "Seven Sisters" (the Pleiades) seems to be missing... when I was a kid, you could easily count the 7 bright stars of the cluster. Now you can make out about 5. Almost as of something is blocking out the view of distant objects... like a cloud. May have been something to that theory... and the "Alternative 003" that came from it.

Amhlaibh
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Amhlaibh » Thu May 07, 2009 6:38 pm

yeh during summer oct,nov,dec, here there was a star that would be shining so bright half hour before the sun started setting but is gone now. Was near the horizon and sat close to the sun going down. About two hours after dark it would fade and dissapear, every night without fail. It was almost like having a full moon out when it shone. I would show everyone as I have never seen it and no one else could recall it.

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Post by lvx08 » Fri May 08, 2009 8:41 pm

LoneBear wrote:Astronomy has stellar evolution backwards (per RS), so the sun started out colder and is heating up--not cooling down as astronomers have us believe. So at one time, Venus was probably much like Earth--though they didn't have a dozen+ other civilizations dumped on them!
This reminds me of what Fulcanelli (an early 20th century alchemist who mysteriously disappeared leaving no trace) wrote in his book The dwellings of the philosphers

“The Ancient alchemists, who had, according to traditional sources, more knowledge that we are willing to grant them, assured us that the sun is a cold star and that it’s rays are dark. Nothing would seem more paradoxical and more contrary to appearances, and yet nothing is truer.”

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat May 09, 2009 10:29 am

Amhlaibh wrote:yeh during summer oct,nov,dec, here there was a star that would be shining so bright half hour before the sun started setting but is gone now.
That was Venus. The Earth, Venus and the Sun were a near perfect triangle for a while, so it was just like a mirror reflecting its light right at the Earth.
lvx08 wrote:This reminds me of what Fulcanelli (an early 20th century alchemist who mysteriously disappeared leaving no trace) wrote in his book The dwellings of the philosphers

“The Ancient alchemists, who had, according to traditional sources, more knowledge that we are willing to grant them, assured us that the sun is a cold star and that it’s rays are dark. Nothing would seem more paradoxical and more contrary to appearances, and yet nothing is truer.”
I've heard that mentioned on more than one occasion. Some references include a solar system INSIDE the sun. Sounds like nonsense, until you start to consider the reciprocal relationship between space and time, and that we are only looking at the "space" half... since the reciprocal relation makes temporal structures appear inside out, upside down and backwards, if there were a "temporal solar system", we would spatially locate in inside the sun... and the observers on those worlds would see US inside their sun. Sometimes, it is all a matter of perspective.

Regarding whether it is hot or cold... one must consider what "temperature" actually IS. Larson identifies "heat" as a property OF atoms--not the environment. As such, the void between atoms is always cold. Inside the atom, heat is generated by a linear vibration that is coincident with the progression of the natural reference system--in other words, just a "motion" that acts in an anti-gravity capacity (hence pushing atoms apart). But will it burn you? Let's just say that if you are exposed to a stron anti-gravity field, well, it would be "bad"...
Ghostbusters wrote:Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Venkman: What?
Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Venkman: Why?
Spengler: It would be bad.
Venkman: I'm a little fuzzy on the whole "good/bad" thing here. What do you mean, "bad"?
Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Stantz: Total protonic reversal!
Venkman: That's bad. Okay. All right, important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Post by BlueEagle » Sun May 24, 2009 6:31 pm

In Zen Buddhism there are two terms, satori (enlightenment) and kensho (an glimpse of enlightenment).

While satori, or ascension, is more of a permanent state, kensho is described a sa brief encounter with the infinite.

I was wondering what experiences any of you might have had with this 'glimpse of the infinite'.

Amhlaibh
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Amhlaibh » Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Many years ago on mind alterating drugs, one time gave me a glimpse of infinte knowledge. Not sure if it counts.

polonious21
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by polonious21 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:40 am

Amhlaibh wrote:Many years ago on mind alterating drugs, one time gave me a glimpse of infinte knowledge. Not sure if it counts.
Haha something tells me thats not what Blue is looking for.

I suppose I've had a couple glimpses of things. But they are usually very short and simple. I'm the kind of person who lives in the here and now emotionally but has my mind wrapped up in the future. Sometimes it's such a small thing, like a little feeling inside suddenly says "remember this because it's important and you will only figure it out later."
But there was a very real and stunning glimpse I had once. I was in Canada on a trip and was participating in Taize prayer. It's a meditative kind of prayer with lots of candles and chanting and this particular gathering had close to a thousand people there that night. I was sitting on the floor just as it was ending and I was listening to the voices and focusing on candles. Then there was this feeling. This feeling like I was remembering something, though I had never felt this before. It was like I was remembering back to a time when there was harmony (not pun intended). Like I could feel the souls and energies of the people around me pressing gently on my mind and we were all at peace, though not at rest. It was a thousand souls searching for that knowledge and I could almost remember having it at some point. Like a word on the tip of my tongue, I felt like I almost had a piece of infinite understanding of what it meant to be human and why we are here. There was something in the stillness of the room, something far beyond anything I have known whispering in the back of my mind and I could almost make out the words, but I could feel the vast energy that it had. Everything else dropped away in my mind but the energies pressing on me, not in crying out for help as usual but searching for truth, each one individual but as one. Maybe it was an "almost glimpse" of infinite knowledge. but it was real.
To love is Divine

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:54 pm

BlueEagle wrote:I was wondering what experiences any of you might have had with this 'glimpse of the infinite'.
There comes a time in every man's life where he glimpses the eternal. The time is not sought nor prepared for. It just happens, usually in response to an unexpected stimuli, such as a sentence in a book, a melody in a song or the death of a friend. And it can change the course of a man's life.

For me, it was when my dog Mnementh died. Being my best friend for 15 years, it was like losing my own son. That evening, when I was trying to sleep through the grief, it was as though something reached down from the sky and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, yanked my right out of my body and took me on a tour of the Universe. Though I never saw what was pulling me, I did see the inner truth of life, the universe and everything. And I will spend the rest of my life trying to comprehend it and explain it to others.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but that glimpse was worth a thousand lifetimes.

Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Obzistian » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:40 pm

LoneBear wrote:
BlueEagle wrote:I was wondering what experiences any of you might have had with this 'glimpse of the infinite'.
For me, it was when my dog Mnementh died. Being my best friend for 15 years, it was like losing my own son. That evening, when I was trying to sleep through the grief, it was as though something reached down from the sky and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, yanked my right out of my body and took me on a tour of the Universe. Though I never saw what was pulling me, I did see the inner truth of life, the universe and everything. And I will spend the rest of my life trying to comprehend it and explain it to others.

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but that glimpse was worth a thousand lifetimes.
I remember Mnementh well. I truly think you may have hitched a ride with his soul on the journey back.
Didn't you tell me you knew he came back to try to re-enter his body once more and then left?
"grabbed me by the scruff of the neck" ... how very dog-like.
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.