Modern Lighting

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
mongo
Centurio
Centurio

Modern Lighting

Post by mongo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:36 am

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is- ... z3T6kvHLOt

Came across this article on the color Blue. It perceives that there was no word for blue in earlier times.
It got me to thinking how the sun has been changing and if that its affecting what colors we can see and can't see.
I also can remember when the sun was yellow in my youth.
Daniel recently said that he saw rainbow with more colors in it than should be.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Re: Modern Lighting

Post by Ilkka » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:03 am

mongo wrote:Daniel recently said that he saw rainbow with more colors in it than should be.
Yea, now I think if there is some colors that are going to vanish from our view, from the red area in particular. The shift would be so, from red to violet and beoynd violet I do not know, or perhaps we are going to get magenta color as an extra, because of the evolutionary process. But still gotta wonder if we are going to lose some of the red color, just as our ears hear only certain scale of vibrations. And I've been thinking about the smells/scents that we cannot detect such as some gasses, like there is no telling what nitrogen or oxygen smells like, well oxygen maybe in free radical but nitrogen not at all, since we breath it in constantly. So I wonder if these gasses have sort of odour even though we cant smell it.
Enjoy the Silence

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:11 am

Also they say that blue light damages our eyes. From the TVs and other modern screens. How can we see when the sun turns into blue spectrum permanently if our retinas will be damaged by that specific spectrum. I think there is more than meets the eye to this thing, maybe the old "immunotherapy".
Enjoy the Silence

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:56 pm

mongo wrote:Daniel recently said that he saw rainbow with more colors in it than should be.
I remembered Daniel's (or someone else's) comment about the purple (if I'm not wrong) as being part of the rainbow colors, when I watched a video about Los Angeles that was shot a few years ago. In it, a man says (watching the rainbow) something like: "Look, it has purple in it." And you can see it on the video.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:30 am

deepfsh wrote:I remembered Daniel's (or someone else's) comment about the purple (if I'm not wrong) as being part of the rainbow colors, when I watched a video about Los Angeles that was shot a few years ago. In it, a man says (watching the rainbow) something like: "Look, it has purple in it." And you can see it on the video.
May want to look at this topic: Climate Change, which has a photo of the strange colors in the rainbow.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

fillmethews
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by fillmethews » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:02 am

Great post!