Invitation for Discussion about Faux Hawking, Backwards Science, and the RS

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Invitation for Discussion about Faux Hawking, Backwards Science, and the RS

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:38 am

I made a post on FB yesterday about the recently released statement from "Stephen Hawking" and his consideration of assisted suicide, and how interesting that was to me in light of Mathis's paper on the issue and I left a link for the paper. The discussion has become, I think, a really good opportunity to discuss ideas that are outside of the scientific mainstream and there are no others that I can think of better suited for the job than anyone that might see this posted here. The reception so far is actually much better than it has been in the past and I invite anyone here who would like to participate to do so. In rapport we thrive, no? :)

https://www.facebook.com/joey.vanhorn.5 ... 2123855936
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Invitation for Discussion about Faux Hawking, Backwards Science, and the RS

Post by deepfsh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:32 pm

I forwarded your link. I'm really curious what the responses will be.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:28 pm

It looks like it's gonna die out, but that's not entirely surprising. FB's handle on who see what and how wide of an audience you get is pretty effective. It's rare that someone that's extremely close minded would see something I post, and even those that are open minded tend to fall off when you give them the resources to do their own work. But, tis life and I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the future. I saw this weekends edition of USA Today and on the front page, (small so as not to draw very much attention), there's a write-up in the money section about the IMF telling the Fed to hold off on raising rates, so I think there will be a post on that soon in reference to Ken's blog and the high probability that Rand Paul will be using this to help him meet his ends. That's besides the point of topic for this thread, and back on topic, I've noticed that there is a great deal of interest right now in what's going on with the scientific community, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for anything that might serve as a good platform to drop Larson's name around, maybe it'll catch hold somewhere in the our collective consciousness.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:23 am

There's still some interest in the conversation apparently, usually if something goes inactive for even a short amount of time on the FB machine, it can be counted as having run its course. I really could use some help, if anyone's interested. It's hard making a point and trying not to fall into the competitive mindset of trying to one up any dissent. I admit to this and it's why I'm leaving it open for discussion. I know there's a better way, but I'm not personally experienced in it enough to not fall to competition.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:22 am

The particular exchange that prompted me to make the previous post requesting help quelled itself. Please do feel free to contribute if you feel inclined to do so.