Heroes Reborn... (spoilers)

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Heroes Reborn... (spoilers)

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Has anyone else watched the reboot of Heroes yet? Maybe it's just me... but my pessimistic (or should that be realistic) view of all things hollywood/TV trying to put thoughts in our heads to promote certain agendas, while always reading between the lines, means I can't help but shake the feeling that it is yet another programme giving a big thumbs up to the transhumanist agenda and trying to convince us that those genetically different from us that are "evolved" humans (EVO's) should not be discriminated against.

Apparently the next step for humanity, but not in the regular "human evolves naturally by escaping the matrix and learning to use their latent psionic powers" kind of way, seems to be the tapping of the powers of genuine psionics who are trapped like in the matrix, hooked up to machines by their spinal cord, running apps essentially, the main one (that we have seen so far) being the VR headset that taps in on the power of Molly Walker to locate other EVO's.

So that's the advertised story with the usual shadowy characters behind the scenes (a nod to reality) working to manipulate everything and good/bad characters changing from one side to the other fairly quickly, however, the crux of what i've seen seems to me to be promoting that if you just submit to them and plug in then the company will give you all the powers you need... I mean why take the hard way and do some actual learning and evolving yourself when you can just connect to the matrix and experience manufactured virtual powers! They are trying to make us feel empathy for the EVO's, superior versions of us, but what they are really trying to put in your head is that when the real life versions (that already exist) show up, we should accept them with open arms.

Imagine the real life scenario... transhuman EVO's turn up and humanity is appalled that corporations and the military would create Super Soldiers with genetic and robotic enhancements but before we know it, we're all being offered the chance to upgrade ourselves into "heroes", just pick your power, let them mess with your body and DNA et voilà, no need to round us up, the majority who are sick of the world and want to do something to help will gladly volunteer then join the back of the line.... without having any idea as to what they are really signing up for.

After all this is the ultimate goal of our royal enslavers and they don't want to leave this prison planet their relatives invaded without human slave 2.0 to help them, all the better if it is half machine/half human, much easier to adapt to a foreign environment and most importantly, to control with the flick of a switch and the enticement of more matrix toys and treats...

I'm seeing this play out in slo-mo as more friends buy a VR headset, iwatch etc. while i'm moving in the opposite direction.

Although the original is much better (even when it was spiralling into disaster after the writers strike) i'm going to continue watching as it has me intrigued to see what direction they take the story and what other clues they are letting slip regarding the "upgrading" of humanity 1.0...
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Heroes Reborn... (spoilers)

Post by Lozion » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Great observations. Txs for keeping an eye out on the (d)evolution of tv shows.
Personally, I dont watch television.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Yes, I saw the first show which was a two hour version. I am not impressed with this go around. The first time had so many twist and turns, kind of like the show "Lost" the fascination with the theme of people having amazing gifts was lost in the rush to one up the last show. The worse character was the one that just had to kill everyone and absorb their power. This first show had average people killing those with gifts or powers just to wipe them out. It turned me off so I have not followed it. If everything you do just gets you killed whats the point. If I watch it at all now it would be to get current messages that seem to show up on new shows. They can help but put stuff out there, if you know what I mean.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Monarch butterfly, 9/11 references, conspiracy theorists, truthers, all-seeing-eye symbolism (in webisodes "Dark Matters"), clones, transhumanism, lots of violence, us vs. them, shapeshifter (EVO), teleporter (EVO), ...This show has it all. And that was only from the first two episodes of Heroes Reborn^^
Looking further we learn where the show is headed:
Quentin Frady: These are seeds.
Noah Bennet: A seed bank--a very, very large seed bank...the kind you build when you're planning to repopulate.
Quentin Frady: Repopulate?
Noah Bennet: After an extinction.

The agenda behind this miniseries is pretty much in your face as it is in many movies and TV shows these days.
I like to watch trailers of movies and TV shows because in todays trailers the movie is pretty much completely told. So you don't have to watch the boring scenes anymore and still got the whole movie plot.
Last month I watched roughly 200 movie and TV show trailers and was intrigued by only three of them! I don't think I will waste that much time again. That just shows how much crap is coming out regularly. Just take a look at http://www.imdb.com/chart/ and you will see there is seldom a good movie in the top10. Ridiculous storylines...

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:47 am

Lozion wrote:Great observations. Txs for keeping an eye out on the (d)evolution of tv shows.
Personally, I dont watch television.
No probs, I was going to give it a miss to be honest as I rarely watch tv too but curiosity got the better of me. It can be good to keep an eye on shows like this to pick up clues on what disinformation they are trying to feed to the masses, usually rivalry!

I found it funny that the two normal humans who are going around killing the heroes were married, then the guy started developing powers himself, and trying to hide them from his wife, who on finding out about them just walked away and left him! Some marriage! :roll: :lol:
MrTwig wrote:Yes, I saw the first show which was a two hour version. I am not impressed with this go around.
Me neither, these writers and producers seem to enjoy ignoring the messages and themes from the original Tomorrow People when it comes to psionic powers. Of course we know why that is, due to "Hollywood" and those that run it with their many agendas.
animus wrote:Last month I watched roughly 200 movie and TV show trailers and was intrigued by only three of them! I don't think I will waste that much time again. That just shows how much crap is coming out regularly. Just take a look at http://www.imdb.com/chart/ and you will see there is seldom a good movie in the top10. Ridiculous storylines...
Haha so true, I did a similar thing some time ago, read up on and watched lots of trailers and posted about it on here. There really is just so much crap coming out it's ridiculous and it is a conveyor belt of distraction and rubbish.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!