Original thought and its relation to individuation and ethical evolution

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Billy
Centurio
Centurio

Original thought and its relation to individuation and ethical evolution

Post by Billy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:07 am

I've been contemplating lately the concept of original thought, and its application towards the furthering of the process of individuation. As part of this, I went back and read through all of the material on Antiquatis, i.e. the five stages of the Sanctuary Project.

Up to this point, one of the sticking points for me has been that of my hesitation in becoming too confident in the forming of my own original thoughts. What if the conclusions that I reach are the incorrect conclusions?

Then I read the post on Antiquatis concerning this very subject, and the point suddenly became more clear.

I immediately thought of this scene from Babylon 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1VNbQYiTw

I must admit: Upon first viewing this scene, I struggled to understand, for I saw G'kar's own writings as a contradiction.

Then I went back and heard again this line:
"But we must reach a point where the nobility of intellect asserts itself, and says, 'no'."
It's quite simple: G'kar evolved, ethically, and it started here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9v1jJ_ ... freload=10

DISTRACTION. Endless amounts of distraction - perhaps the most powerful tool keeping us from evolving, from engaging the intellect, from embracing intuition. We have been pigeonholed into thinking this way, and that programming can be monumentally difficult to break.

For a very long time, I have allowed distraction to keep me from this same level of understanding. THIS is why reciprocity has been so difficult for me to grasp. THIS is why I have up to this point hesitated to begin embracing original thought. I have been missing the point, just as G'kar had been - he allowed himself to become distracted by 'less evolved' aspects of existence, and nearly watched his potential slip away, which it would have had he followed through on his actions and murdered Londo Mollari.

It is not about 'getting it right', which is why G'kar did not go back through and 'edit out' the early part of his writings concerning the fact that the Centauri should never be trusted. Leaving this intact allowed others to see the process of individuation at work, the growth of compassion and intellect, the ethical evolution of the mind. Even if a particular train of thought is not 'quite right', what matters it that we are following the path of the ethical life unit, thus laying down a solid foundation which can further be expanded upon by those that will follow.

Living life as a human being is not an easy thing, because our entire existence has been based upon lies; FROM THE BEGINNING. That makes it very difficult to find the confidence to form original thought; not necessarily because of the pressure to 'tow the line', but rather, because of the fact that one concerns oneself with 'getting it wrong'. We have been so brainwashed into thinking that we MUST make a choice between two things. You are on one side of the fence, or the other. And those on the side opposite you MUST be mistaken. I see it EVERYWHERE, everyday, in all things 'human'. And the more time passes, the more I see that there is no fence. It doesn't exist. And my thoughts on 'this subject or that' are not what others expect to hear; which, quite frankly, causes a great deal of confusion, (as with the poor fellow whose head got smashed in the 'Book of G'kar'), i.e. when you present a point of view that is wholly unexpected, one that does not come from either side of the fence, people just don't know what to do with it, so they either shut down, smirk, or get defensive. That psychological programming runs DEEP.

And I cannot seem to get the final episode of Season 4 out of my head, particularly the scene in the basement of the monastery. The old monk had no doubts about the fact that the history he was studying and preserving actually DID occur, as was recounted in the ancient writings. And, because of the efforts of folks such as he, we see that, a million years into the future, the ethical history is recounted to those on 'New Earth'. Not propaganda. Not 'ad hoc' assumptions. Simply, history as it actually happened - exposing the attempted lies of 'vested interest' (i.e. the NWO) and revealing the true intentions of the Interstellar Alliance. And the result? An ethically evolved race of humans, becoming peaceful explorers of the universe…

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Original thought and its relation to individuation and ethical evolution

Post by LoneBear » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:04 am

Yes. Many people are in the Londo/G'kar situation with their lives, and until they have that "moment of clarity" they will just not get it.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Original thought and its relation to individuation and ethical evolution

Post by Andrew » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Billy wrote:For a very long time, I have allowed distraction to keep me from this same level of understanding. THIS is why reciprocity has been so difficult for me to grasp. THIS is why I have up to this point hesitated to begin embracing original thought. I have been missing the point, just as G'kar had been - he allowed himself to become distracted by 'less evolved' aspects of existence, and nearly watched his potential slip away, which it would have had he followed through on his actions and murdered Londo Mollari.
This is a very important conclusion I have come to as well. Original thought is shunned, distorted, taken out of context or is reacted to defensively on social media platforms, and even if your thoughts or intentions are agreed with, I have little feeling that, in the past, I affected anyone into understanding the power of the human mind, why that is what's primarily occulted. Once Facebook became entirely composed of social justice warriors and Pokemon Go-addicts (the latest and greatest distraction,) I removed myself from their 'less evolved' opinions. All social media, in fact. Your environment is one of the most powerful influences on your thinking. That's why the wizarding school is so important.

Here are a couple of related excerpts regarding independent thoughts from an interview I listen to frequently when I'm out driving:
The Devil wrote: Children grow up, but they do not always learn to think for themselves! Once I capture the mind of a child, through fear, I weaken that child's ability to reason and to think for himself, and that weakness goes with the child all through life.

I take possession of people during their youth, before they come into possession of their own minds, by using those who are in charge of them. I especially need the help of those who give children their religious instruction, because it is here that I break down independent thought and start people on the habit of drifting, by confusing their minds with unproveable ideas concerning a world of which they know nothing.

Teach children how habits become fixed through the law of hypnotic rhythm, and influence them to adopt, while in the lower grades, habits that will lead to independent thought!

Teach children to express their own thoughts fearlessly and to accept or reject, at will, all ideas of others, reserving to themselves, always, the privilege of relying upon their own judgment.

Teach children not to have opinions unless they are formed from facts or beliefs which may reasonably be accepted as facts. Teach children the danger of believing anything merely because their parents, religious instructors, or someone else says it is so. Teach children to face facts, whether they are pleasant or unpleasant, without resorting to subterfuge or offering alibis.

Nature knows no such law as luck. It is a man-made hypothesis with which he explains away things he does not understand. The terms "luck" and "miracle" are twin sisters. Neither of them has any real existence except in the imaginations of people. Both are used to explain that which people do not understand. Remember this: everything having a real existence is capable of proof. Keep this one truth in mind and you will become a sounder thinker.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths