Size of ego

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Size of ego

Post by Ilkka » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:30 am

While I was on a walk today I thought about ego and the way they say that "with big ego you have more material and want more" or something along those lines. Since everything is backwards I think their egos are actually very small and that way they compensate the size of their ego of getting more and more stuff. Then people who dont need nor want material must have the opposite, big ego, maybe even the size of a Moon (you tell me :D). They feel more abundant than the ones with smaller ego.

Maybe thats whats also "wrong" with people that struggle with obesity, the psychological part that is. It would make sense in some areas, for the ones that are not aware of the cause of their obesity. I mean it is just a thought, that may or may not be true in this area.
Enjoy the Silence

DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Size of ego

Post by DSKlausler » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:19 am

Ilkka wrote:While I was on a walk today I thought about ego and the way they say that "with big ego you have more material and want more" or something along those lines. Since everything is backwards I think their egos are actually very small and that way they compensate the size of their ego of getting more and more stuff. Then people who dont need nor want material must have the opposite, big ego, maybe even the size of a Moon (you tell me :D). They feel more abundant than the ones with smaller ego.
Hmmm, it has been my experience, here in the U.S., that the bigger the ego, the bigger EVERYTHING - everything unlikable that is.
Ilkka wrote:Maybe thats whats also "wrong" with people that struggle with obesity, the psychological part that is.
This has always been tough for me to accept - and I'm not too nice about it. Is there a root cause that is NOT the responsibility of the individual? Glandular dysfunction and other physical abnormalities - ok, but something like food addiction - nope. Most places have a library, and even rudimentary access to the big old World Wide Web... the information is there, and even the most general reading will tell you generally what to avoid. Again, here in the U.S., laziness abounds.
Anything is possible with the proper training.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Given the standard definition of ego, I can see where you'd be going with this line of though . The ego as the "I" point of consciousness could easily be thought of as smaller in someone who has an inflated ego (mortal aspect/survival mechanism) complex. Also, considering the principal of inversion, it could be said that once an ego complex (a temporal structure) begins to become hyper inflated (or shrinks if you're looking from that direction), there is an inversion that quite often results in material growth.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:48 am

DSKlausler wrote:Is there a root cause that is NOT the responsibility of the individual?
Hmm, might be education, outer influences while growing up, friends, family, "enemies", etc. when it comes to psychological influence. That being said one does not have to listen to those that insult or criticise one for any reason, just comes in one ear and out the other. Mind is complex and not everyone can be like that, some take things more personally than others.

We are connected to each others here on an temporal level that invisible connection that most do not understand. So it would be actually "safe" to blame others of their influence on others. Actions do matter wheter it is physical or psycological.

Now that I think about ego and its "tentacles" reaching into more material, it is more imaginary than real, even though it might seem very real to them who have their "ego tentacles" wrapped around all things and people.
DSKlausler wrote:Again, here in the U.S., laziness abounds.
Not only in there, but in practically every country on the globe. The more tech the more lazy one becomes. But some of the tech is good because you wouldnt have to manually do everything that would require more time, so more time to think about other things. Some how we do things all the time cant stop, in the realm of "abstract change" that is obvious.
Enjoy the Silence