Ranger Code of Ethics

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Ranger Code of Ethics

Post by BlueEagle » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:40 pm

Carla from L/L Research has developed, for our use, a code of ethics for the Ragners.

Go on to the Ranger website to check out, then come back here to post comments.

Ranger Website
Believing in Faith

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Ranger Code of Ethics

Post by Alluvion » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:43 pm

wow! what a great start!

I've an idea: the code of ethics and its points of furthur explanaition could be explored/revised (etc) by threads on this forum for each section, perhaps adding other sections. What I have in mind with this is a "Symposium" style record of discussing these ideas so that if this site is visited by other who aren't as steeped in the same material we are might have another way to access how this information pertains to others with much different perspectives than any of ours (as in, the conversation which constitutes a dialogue across our perspectives can then be seen as a dialogue 'above' and 'outside' all our perspectives). What do you all think?

ok, as for the ethical statements:

we definately need to provide a glossary(as a context) or re-phrase Ra material specific terms like density, polarity, etc and such. What do you all think?

specific statements:

b.Use your free will order to make choices which create polarization towards service to others, as is the way of the Rangers.

-can someone explain to me why polarization itself should not be the goal, regardless of the path the other beings choose? to me it seems like saying we must make others polarize as service to others entities and thats not our decision. Wait. Re reading, ok, I think this should be clearer about adressing the Reading Ranger, ie:

use your free will in order to make choices which further your polarity as service to others, as is the way of the Rangers.

c.Polarization is the action of making the initial Choice for service to others, and then making repeated choices that emphasize and refine the initial Choice.

..perhaps: polarization is_________, the rangers are based on the continual choice of service to others and making choices which refine the initial decision.

d.# Each service-to-self act done is a step backwards towards lack of polarity and therefore lack of ability to do work in service and lack of respect for the self as a magical being. Each choice is important. Therefore, consistency in analyzing your desires and thoughts while making everyday choices is helpful.

..is it a step back towards a lack of polarity or a step away from the path of serving others? If its a step back towards lack of polarity, ie the animal condition, then is serving self basically without polarity and those beings are esentially power-gathering, individuated animals?

Section2 - Unconditional Love - I think this topic/idea specifically requires a thread for deep, honest and intelligent understanding. I think this is a fundamental step needed to understand how, in the condition of groups and networks, one is ethical and unconditional in service.

THe other points I feel pretty much no conflict in 'endorsing' as signature to the group. I suggest we also compile a list of sources, digital and physical, that have helped us as rangers or aid us in our work - for example, i would include the Communion with God series by Donald Neale Walshe and a book I am currently reading called "The Four Agreements" - some toltec wisdom with similar principles about free will and the disciplined mind.

- so, I know its been said in all the channeled material that the 4th density is the realm of deep passion and such, but I think its important we consider our rhetoric with some sensitivity towards those not on the fringe of cultural, as we undoubtedly are. What do you all think?

_Adam

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Rnager Code of Ethics

Post by BlueEagle » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:40 pm

we definately need to provide a glossary(as a context) or re-phrase Ra material specific terms like density, polarity, etc and such. What do you all think?
Not re-phrase with in the text, but yes, we can create a glossary for our purposes. You could do that if you like. A good place to start would be the Wiki website. Not sure if the URL is working, if not, try : Law of One Cafe This could also be a Study Guide.
I suggest we also compile a list of sources, digital and physical, that have helped us as rangers or aid us in our work
I believe that that is what the study guide area is partly for. I can also begin getting what ever the Rangers would like as reasources and putting them into the Archive on the Ranger website. Just send me a list.
so, I know its been said in all the channeled material that the 4th density is the realm of deep passion and such, but I think its important we consider our rhetoric with some sensitivity towards those not on the fringe of cultural, as we undoubtedly are. What do you all think?
I think that partly goes back to what kinds of people do we want to attract. If we try and "soften" the material towards those who do not understand, we loose mean for those who do. I do not believe that the Rangers are a group for the faint of heart or mind. That is not intelligence prehapps, but spirit. If they truly feel the desire to learn more, they will, and we do not need to change the intension of the material.
Believing in Faith

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Code of Ethics

Post by BlueEagle » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:47 am

We have been talking about an idea concerning the Code of Ethics.

In order for the Rangers to see who is truly interested, and even more importantly to see if yourself is truly interested, an idea was put forward to have a "pledge" to the Code. Understand that there are three important parts to this

1. What is in the mind and heart of each individual consitutes the extent of pledge and harmony with a set of ethical ideas.

2. Those who sign cannot be held to their pledge by the Rangers, or any member of the Rangers. They alone are responsibly for their pledge and their willingness to act by it.

3. This will allow the Rangers to begin focusing their energy on this set of ideas, which are based in the 4th density.

We can decide whether we want these "pledges" to be post privately or publicly (within the Rangers), and how they could be said.

Questions, comments, concerns?
Believing in Faith

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:14 am

HI bob,

I think its important that we clarify these three intentions with the code of ethics floating here at the site. I think its important we do our best to convey the dimensions of responsibility that we are aiming for. The code of ethics suggested by carla begins to do this and allows us something to refine and evolve with. That 'objective' set of ideals will call only to those who are of certain levels of spiritual and mental development who can conscioussly and intentionally undertake those ideals as part of their own.

In terms of an actual acting group I think that would be enough. But in terms of this forum, a context which is almost too fluid and without consequence or 'responsibility' it might not matter so much. We are quite a small group as it is and the 'ranger' group identity is still in its early stages of emergence. I feel like any attempt to 'segregate' or make 'inner circles' might be a chance for someone to exploit at or within the group some idea about elitism or hierarchies ("us" and "them" mentalities"). And those mindsets don't aid in serving with/others. Our actions, of course, carry the greatest weight. But our actions are invisible in the world of text and graphics that sit, for the most part, idley by on this forum. So this is a great place to prep and discussion all those ideals and notions that we carry responsibility for personally and that gives us something to carry with each of us through our lives as well.

_a

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:15 pm

WarmSylph wrote:I feel like any attempt to 'segregate' or make 'inner circles' might be a chance for someone to exploit at or within the group some idea about elitism or hierarchies ("us" and "them" mentalities"). And those mindsets don't aid in serving with/others. Our actions, of course, carry the greatest weight. But our actions are invisible in the world of text and graphics that sit, for the most part, idley by on this forum. So this is a great place to prep and discussion all those ideals and notions that we carry responsibility for personally and that gives us something to carry with each of us through our lives as well.
You need to first decide where the Rangers "fit" into the larger scheme of things.

"Us versus them" is a classic fear reaction that you would normally find in 2nd density emotions, or the lower "Tier 1" aspects of 3rd density, prior to the integration of the systemic world view into the consciousness. In the 2nd Tier of 3rd density, the "one-ness" can be seen in all things, so that the separation into grades or levels are simply seen as different "detail levels" of instruction in the teach/learn, learn/teach system. Those aware of this want the segregation simply because it is easier to interact with others at their particular level of understanding. We learn from those who know more, and teach those who know less. There is a natural, quantum breakdown of the teaching and learning systems.

The classic mystery schools always had their "grades", which they kept secret from the masses. The same thing goes on today with religions, secret societies, governments and virtually any time people get together. Learn from these structures -- don't try to eliminate them. Adjust them for a new understanding. We know for a fact that the Universe is discrete in Nature -- you're in "3rd density grade" right now.

The problem with the class system is their exclusiveness. In the old Monarchies, you had to be a born into the higher class -- whether you deserved to be there or not. Other systems, like Freemasonry, you have to be invited in, which means you have to know someone on the inside.

With the Internet and world-wide-web access, a new challenge emerges because you can reach millions, if not billions, of people all over the world with ideas, discovered by search engines. However, 99.9% of these people, though expressing an initial interest, will never follow through. For example, take a look at the Free State Project. When it came time for their "big decision", of the 5000 people that joined, only 46% bothered to vote. Of those 46% that did, less than 150 actually followed thru on the commitment. I believe something like 5 people actually followed thru all the way. That's only 1:1000.

You need "filters", or "challenges", such as a pledge -- that MUST BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. People will sign anything these days, without even reading the bold print, let alone the fine print. Just click "I Accept" and move on. To find the truely serious Rangers who will actually work towards the service-to-other 4th density ideal, it has to be "difficult." 3rd density is the density of choice -- choices must be provided, but like the Pythagorean "Y", the roughest path is the one that leads to true dedication. The easy path dumps one into another 75,000 year cycle.

From what we've heard back from the Confederation, they find the "Ranger" idea to be quite fascinating, and one quite unique in the scheme of things. Their understanding of the "fit" of the Rangers has these key points:

1) Body, mind and spirit are tools used in service, not the tools "of" service.
2) 4th density concepts are the binding agent that makes the Rangers a "complex", rather than a group.
3) The driving motivation of the Rangers is actually 5th density "Honor", which implies that the Rangers will remain a cohesive complex within the 4th density (so the will retain identity in 3rd and 4th density).

"Diversity and Unity... one and two make three."

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:24 pm

HI Lonebear and others,
I agree with the gradiation of skill and such. What I wasn't clear was that I meant I don't think that it should be 'secret' or 'hidden' in anyway. Rather we make it known and keep it visible and as such is a system which is transparent to beings of the utmost and 'lowest' wit. So if we have this pledge I would feel uncomfortable if it was anything other than laid out 'fully on the table'. I agree that faculty, staff and students have different discussion among themselvs and between themselves but, in my opinion, i'd rather the curriculum and staff meetings be held out in open - those whose heads it is over it will be over and those who get it will get it.

_w

davidgry

Ranger Code of Ethics

Post by davidgry » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:10 am

Hello to all;

I seem to have a lot of catching up to do as far as understanding the ' inner workings' of the group, I was introduced to it as
a group of people that want to do more than just study the Law of One -- they
want to live it.
Certainly our daily lives and actions have far more impact on the real progress / effect that we have upon those around us, as stated its a habit to click the 'accept' button without reading the contents. What we say and think and physically do each moment is the greatest test of commitment.

Each day I find myself confronted with the choice of action STO or a retreat into avoidance or procrastination or STS. We all have met the peddlers of Religions that come to our doors and preach that by 'spreading the word or Thruth" they are performing Gods work. I often ask if they have any charitable arm to their multi million dollar opperations and inevitably the anser is no.

As an example I was walking to my Fruit shop and ran across a man giving out pamflets on their specific church, I stopped and read down untill I hit the phrase "If you have not accepted Jesus as your savior then you are an Enemy of God". I walked back to him and pointed out the lines and stated IMO that this was wrong. I prehaps should have made more time as he read the words and his face seemed to drop. He was gone by the time I came out of the fruit shop.

This was not the first time I had seen him and he was obviously sincerly trying to abide by whatever guidlines his techers had given him. I suspect he returned to question the producers of the document (a very nicely produced color pamplet )I have little dought that he would have had his questions 'answered' and gone back to work. I would like to think that statement and the thousands of copies would be duley shredded. I am not that naieve.

The story serves a few points when I thought about it, I should have made more time for him as here was somebody activly attempting to do what he felt was "Gods work" (in effect he was wasting paper at best. ) an entire organization of people had worked toward producing the document yet IMO had created something destructive, the particular Religion was one of those that did not engage in any work other than the dissemination of information and expansion of their 'client' base.

STO requires more than words, they can be usefull, personally I gained a great deal from the words written to myself and from the books I have downloaded and bought. In my belief the Lof 1 is the most concise , common sence material I have ever encountered, handing out pamflets on the words of Ra would not seem appropriate, when we speak of a code of ethics are we talking about distilling the Lo1 to a page of opperating techniques? Are we as a group opening ourselves to those who like my friend at the Fruit Shop who has been convinced that he has the only true religion, the only real road to 'salvation'. There we become elitist, we become seperated from those we wish to serve.

I may not be expressing my point very well, to serve others we must involve ourselves with others in some way, manner or form. It cannot just be to those on the cusp of understanding as even the least polarized person is in need.

My personal feeling is its a case by case, to those who are only needing a pointer, a book to read, a Hyperlink to click on its so much easier, (preaching to the nearly converted ???) . To those who are already in service as this man sincerly felt he was it becomes a lot more complicated.

How does a Code of Ethics help us in our work? I would not want to be the one attempting to write such a document as it would be a mighty task indeed. We must remeber we are all part of the One, anything that seperates, encorages eliteism or a conception of class, (close to Graduation, Far from Graduation unharvestable etc) can quickly pull us away from the real work.

How we conduct ourselves in the interaction with others is possibly the only Ethical standard that might be elucidated, that again would be a difficult task.

Just my two cents.....David

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:35 am

HI david,
you ask some important questions.
As far as 'writing' that document - it is an objective reminder of our ideals and idealism. It is not dogmatic - it is not something we could rightfully use to coerce, judge or contempt upon others. The essential essence of our code of ethics is to let our values be visibile to all and allow them to make a judement. Rather than push a flyer at them, we set up camp and let those who are interested wander by - if they are intersted, so be it. If not, then they pass - we tie no strings to anyone. Under the principles this group shares it would be unethical to 'peddle' the law of 1 - that would be missing its point all together.

Our code of ethics is just beginning, its not at all 'set in stone (ala, commandments)'. Rather it is a dynamic set of ideals which we write and re-write through our collective experience. This forum is in some ways an good place for a group such as this to start because it requires such intense focus on communication to avoid a tremendous amount of mis-communication. And also, law of 1 information is pretty fringe in american society, and its easy for people who beleive in 'outsider' faiths to be labeled and attacks as cultists and fanatics and on and on and I think we as group want to avoid that stigma as much as we can - its that 'us an them' mentality that we have not yet, as a group, come to stand strong against. If I can truly speak for this group I'd say we are still so infantile in our development that its going to take much more time to really find out what it means to be a group that beleives it is worth living and following in principles based on the open heart as the basis for ethical-social constructs.

So are we 'distilling the law of 1' to a page of opperating techniques? no. I don't think it's about techniques of any kind. Rather its about ideas and notions that connect us primarily spirit to spirit, secondarily mind to mind and tertiarily body to body. At its heart, the faith of the law of one requires such personal integrity and responsibility that those who truly live those principles will know what to do when it is time to do it - their default in all unknown situation is all embracing unity - and to that they, we, have decided to turn to answers. SO how does that help us in our daily work? We must realize that what its like in the world is what its like inside our own world and vice versa, so how do we deal with people/personality traits like the man with the flyer's ? What is the nature of intention, choice and manifestation? What are those lessons? His are unique to him and ours are unique to ours. But our connection is at essence, and thats spiritual. Our 'default' is the spirit and what moves it, elivens it, etc.

We can talk real big and real small here on the forum. When it comes to practicing each of us here are at so many different 'places' in life its kind of like having a place where all the different aspects of one Self, in developed and undeveloped states, can look at each other objectively and 'converse' through 'seperation' towards connection. Our code of ethics is kind of like that dialogue - experience, honesty and principle can help creates a set of ideals that describe our intentions, choices and manifestations.

I hope this was helpful.
_A

davidgry

Code of Ethics

Post by davidgry » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:14 am

Warm Sylph

I came across this from Quo while trying to catch up and it might help define the subject of creating a code that would be universal to our primary goal of achieving Polarity through STO.
In light of the preceding discussion of the nature of such a group as this present circle of seeking, it becomes obvious that any rule of life is easier to think about, articulate, and explore when there is a group of like-minded entities which creates that sacred space where each is helping each to bring each other home. A group such as the Rangers has indeed the potential for creating such a group without the necessity for being in one place at one time; for the communication system of your internet and email creates another kind of immediacy in which questions common to all can be explored.
Any code of Ethics would have to be simplicity in its form, prehaps a distalation of the primary concepts of the Lo1 and also include the need to bond the group together in its purpose. Sometimes asking questions can help clarify the answer>>>

What are we trying to do here that is different / specific to this group ?
What is expected of members in the context of the Forum ?
Why are we different to other groups that are working with the Lof1? (Hence the need to create a 'seperate group')
Do we have a "prime Directive " of sorts?
Our code of ethics is just beginning, its not at all 'set in stone (ala, commandments)'. Rather it is a dynamic set of ideals which we write and re-write through our collective experience. This forum is in some ways an good place for a group such as this to start because it requires such intense focus on communication to avoid a tremendous amount of mis-communication. And also, law of 1 information is pretty fringe in american society
A couple of thoughts. In some ways the Code is already written in the Law of 1 material, prehaps we are attempting to produce a distilation that encompases the distributed / Internet nature of this specific Forum, why we would not be better serving the common goal of moving Humanity towards Harvest by joining other groups already in existance. Personally I find this group has something 'inviting ' about it hence I decided to stop wandering around and focus on this work in progress and that of the Wikki ( a very valuable project, clearly totally different in nature to this one.

Love & Light to all

David

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Code of Ethics

Post by LoneBear » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:32 am

Sometimes it is helpful to look at different contexts, as well...
davidgry wrote:What are we trying to do here that is different / specific to this group ?
What are monks, nuns, priests and clergy trying to do that is different from the general church-going population?

Why do we elect people to rule for us, when with today's technology, we can all take an active part in true democracy?

Everyone has varying degrees of spiritual motivation. For some, it is nothing at all, for most, it is just a duty one morning a week. But a few devote their life to it. BlueEagle, correct me if I am wrong, but I see the Rangers in the "devotion" category, hopefully inspiring a similar devotion in others.

Fear rules most life. Few venture forth into unexplored realms. This was the Babylon 5 concept of the "Anla'shok", to go where others would not go; to investigate and return information; to aid others on the path.

This is why we thought it best to have some type of general "Alliance", for the part-timers, and a special group, the Rangers, for those who which to make the Law of One a devotion, rather than just a "belief".
davidgry wrote:What is expected of members in the context of the Forum ?
What I envisioned when setting up the site and forum was similar to that of the "Ancients" of Stargate, where "spiritual knowledge" is prized above all else. To that end, we are roughing out an Alliance of like-spirited individuals, who are here to swap notes on what they have learned and discovered about this Universe of which we are a part.

The site was inspired by the "Stargate SG-1" episode, "Torment of Tantalus", where they discover an ancient city along the lines of Heliopolis, a place where all the great races came together in an Alliance to share and document their knowledge and experience. In Stargate, there were 4 of these great races, the Asgard, the Nox, the Ancients and the Furlings.

The Asgard and the Nox form the basic Teutonic/Germanic dichotomy of the AEsir and Vanir; the Furlings are still unknown, and the Ancients were the oldest race around -- which brought me to the Antiquatis idea, a site for the "original" ancients of the Elder Race, aka the L-Race, Cyclopeans or Titans.

Based on these premises, what would be "expected" would be to share what you have learned about the world and Universe in which we live, so all may benefit.
davidgry wrote:Why are we different to other groups that are working with the Lof1? (Hence the need to create a 'seperate group')
From my 10 years of experience with L1 people, I have found the primary difference between this group and the others is that it is comprised predominately of the Elder Race, whereas other groups are predominately Wanderers.

I'll kid you not that the two groups, at the early levels, tend to mix like nitrogen and glycerin -- an explosive combination at best. The Elders are firmly rooted in the Earth, with what we call "Ancient energy", reaching towards higher densities -- with little knowledge and experience of them. The Wanderers, however, have the "inverse" premise, projecting down from the higher densities, having forgotten a lot of what the early density life is about (and having the associated physical problems with living here).

Carla and I bashed each other over the head with clubs for years. But we never stopped trying, being driven (and constantly reminded) by the higher principles of the Law of One. Over the last year, we've finally gotten to the point where I've advanced enough, and she's remembered enough, that we can now see each others' point of view, and can work together in a peaceful and profitable sense -- hence the Avalon SGC.

It is my hope that the Rangers will not be group-centric, but rather service-centric, taking in Elder Race, Wanderers, and members of the other 16 transplanted cultures now residing on Earth, and can thus provide a "non-local" type connectivity between all groups studying the Law of One.
davidgry wrote:Do we have a "prime Directive " of sorts?
My prime directive is simple: "be kind."

If you don't know what I mean by that, watch the old film, "Lost Horizon". Moderation, compassion and kindness can make a Utopia.
Our code of ethics is just beginning, its not at all 'set in stone (ala, commandments)'. Rather it is a dynamic set of ideals which we write and re-write through our collective experience. This forum is in some ways an good place for a group such as this to start because it requires such intense focus on communication to avoid a tremendous amount of mis-communication. And also, law of 1 information is pretty fringe in american society
Be careful of "dynamics". We here in America have seen what it has done to our Constitution (or lack, thereof).

The Universe operates by a set of simple rules, which are immutable within this Logos. If a code of ethics can be altered by decision, then it is an open door to distortion.
davidgry wrote:A couple of thoughts. In some ways the Code is already written in the Law of 1 material, prehaps we are attempting to produce a distilation that encompases the distributed / Internet nature of this specific Forum, why we would not be better serving the common goal of moving Humanity towards Harvest by joining other groups already in existance. Personally I find this group has something 'inviting ' about it hence I decided to stop wandering around and focus on this work in progress and that of the Wikki ( a very valuable project, clearly totally different in nature to this one.
For those of Elder Race descent, and those other civilizations that have been here from the start of the 3rd density, there really is no other place to go. The New Age movement is dominated by Wanderers, who are more like "tourists" visiting Earth (see "Secrets of the UFO" by Elkins & Rueckert).

I, for one, like being an Earth Native. I love the planet, and have no "longing" to be elsewhere. This is my home, and that is a feeling that the Wanderers can never have about the Earth. I enjoy sharing with people who understand where I am coming from--a feeling I've never gotten from Wanderer or Atlantean groups (and I have participated in hundreds over the last 35 years).

Remember that when the Wanderer mission is done, they go home. Those of us who remain, the Elder Race and transplanted civilizations, have to live with the consequences. The aid the Wanderers provide is wonderful, but in the long run, we need to be able to support our own spiritual development, right here on Earth.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:45 pm

Lonebear,
you always help me to clarify : )

by dynamic I mean that the code of ethics, as a reflection of our durations of experience and knowledge, reflects out evolution. The deeper we go and the more time we spend with them the more we will truly begin to uncover layers. It would be more appropriate to say our understanding and comprehension is dynamic - even those immutable laws of the logos 'manifest' or 'refract' through every individual in some unique way. I mean to say that that uniqueness is something we here have spoke much about, honoring the many diverse paths of one-ness which exist in unity as distinct but not 'seperate' paths.

Our ethical 'stances' should definately have some gravitational centers, but its the manifestation or action about these centers which should be dynamic -ie, service orientation.

_A

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:51 pm

Something you should remember about a Code of Ethics... like the codes of honor, the code is imposed by oneself, upon oneself -- never imposed upon others. This is why it needs to be "pledged" as an intentional act of consciousness.

I was looking at the way the Archive of the Ancients stores information, and how it "keys" access. When I first discovered the access system, there was a wealth of information available -- most of it was clarification on the existing bits of knowledge I already had, and a type of "table of contents" of other information that my curiousity let me explore. I didn't even realize that there were keys and doors to other sections of the Archive.

As I explored further, the access method "improved" for faster and more detailed information. I discovered the first key quite by accident ... something that should be there, that wasn't. But it was, once you found the door. Knowing there is one door, it is logical to assume that there are many, and those doors only open up once you start on a line of investigation that leads into that realm.

I am also assuming that there are other types of keys that open other types of doors, of which I have not yet discovered. I guess the first step to using a key, is to recognize that it IS a key.

It's nice to have a system that is wide-open, but understand there are also problems with it. I've discovered things that now make perfect sense to me, but a year ago I would have considered totally ridiculous because I did not yet have the premises and foundation material within me to draw reasonable conclusions. If I had "jumped the gun", I probably would have never pursued the material any further.

The Rangers need to consider this in their structure. To openly publicize every facet of the Universe simply won't work in this 3rd density world. But I am also saying that there is no need to hide any of it... it just does not need big arrows and flashing signs saying it is here. Let the curiousity of the spirit run the discovery process. Structure information like the Archive does, so the path of discovery leads to keys to open new realms of exploration. And don't make it easy... the bigger the challenge, the more satisfying the success.

I think as a first step the Rangers should evaluate the Code of Ethics, and put it into proper density context. 3rd density is the formation of Individuality so one can make intelligent choices. Which sections of the code honor "individuality" and "choice"? 4th density concerns love -- not the love of 3rd density, but an attractive principle that is basically the inverse of free will -- bringing together in a different manner. 5th density concerns Honor, sixth is the Law of One.

A secondary decision should be where to point the tip of the Ranger arrow -- Q'uo was hinting at 5th density. The 6th density is the Law of One, unity... the L-Race had their sites on the 7th density, the Law of Timelessness. What is the target of the Rangers, and how will you represent it, given the divesity of the Rangers?

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:45 pm

Wow, I leave for a few days, and I have to spend an hour catching up. Cool.

From my own perspective, the Rangers would be a lot more similar to monks and nuns than an organized business. Like LoneBear said “devoted” to a certain way of living. To show that it can be done, and to explore how and why it should be done. There should be no hierarchy, but the same focused goal(s). Service to others. The Universe will provide opportunities for service, as it does every day. To learn through those experiences. To be kind. Be a good person. In my opinion, that last point is of incredible importance.

I never thought of the Rangers as being Elder Race only, nor was it "group" related. In the days of the British fleets, (1700s-1800s), captains were their own commanders. Since word could not reach captains very quickly from England, the captains had to know what to do, they were independent. In a sense each person is their own ship, independent of the others. The Rangers wouldn't have an "England" per-say, but we would have a focus point. I don’t know if that made what I think any clearer. Hope so.

The Code has to be "dynamic", yes but you have to find, first, a starting point, and second, a point where you can say "this will work for now". Not that it can't be changed, but that it can also be put into practice at that time.

IMHO.
Believing in Faith

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re:

Post by LoneBear » Thu May 05, 2005 9:58 am

BlueEagle wrote:From my own perspective, the Rangers would be a lot more similar to monks and nuns than an organized business. Like LoneBear said “devoted” to a certain way of living. To show that it can be done, and to explore how and why it should be done. There should be no hierarchy, but the same focused goal(s). Service to others. The Universe will provide opportunities for service, as it does every day. To learn through those experiences. To be kind. Be a good person. In my opinion, that last point is of incredible importance.
But monks and nuns have a very rigid heirarchy... priests, bishops, cardinals, popes...

There is a concept we talked about in the old "Society of Stewards" days along theses lines that might be of use. It is the same concept that Star Wars uses for the Jedi -- that of "sponsorship" -- the Padawan learner. It adds an interesting twist to a heirarchal system, because no one gets "assigned" to a teacher -- teacher and student select each other; the teacher picking a student who demonstrates interest and ability in the area in which the teacher excels; the student picking the teacher because they feel they can learn from that particular one. It also throws a bit of a challenge to both student and teacher -- the student must show they want to learn by their actions and deeds in order to get sponsored. The teacher must continue to learn, or their sponsoree will surpass them. Something you might want to consider.
BlueEagle wrote:I never thought of the Rangers as being Elder Race only, nor was it "group" related.
If you stick to the Ra terms, driving towards social memory, then the Rangers would be a "Society of Rangers", rather than a "Group of Rangers." It's an important difference; the former being a 4th density concept and the latter a 2nd density one. Rangers should make the decision of group versus society versus some other name, and use it consistently in conversation and presentation.

So... what collective aggregation should the Rangers use? Group of Rangers, Bunch of Rangers, Society of Rangers, Pride of Rangers, Pluther of Rangers, Clutter of Rangers, School of Rangers, Herd of Rangers... (of course I herd of Rangers...)
BlueEagle wrote:In the days of the British fleets, (1700s-1800s), captains were their own commanders. Since word could not reach captains very quickly from England, the captains had to know what to do, they were independent. In a sense each person is their own ship, independent of the others. The Rangers wouldn't have an "England" per-say, but we would have a focus point. I don’t know if that made what I think any clearer. Hope so.
That is the political concept of "sovereignty", where every man/woman is King/Queen, and has the inherent right to do anything they want, as long as it does not infringe upon the rights of anyone else.

If you are going to follow thru with the Captain analogy, then one must also consider the reprocussions of Maritime Law -- the Law of the High Seas. The Captain is totally responsible for all on board his ship, people and cargo. In Ranger context, they would carry the karmic burden. And they don't just go out sailing for the heck of it--only two purposes there, transport of goods/people or exploration. And the Captains need to be told what to carry and where to go by someone of higher authority. And when they accept the voyage, they become responsible to their sponsors for fulfilling it -- if they fail, then they have to "pay the price" back to their sponsors.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Golden Rules

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:15 pm

I found this on an agricultural site that I get parts from. I think it makes for a good application of Ethics:
Our GOLDEN RULES to live by:
  • If you open it, close it.
  • If you turn it on, turn it off.
  • If you unlock it, lock it up.
  • If you break it, admit it.
  • If you can't fix it, call in someone who can.
  • If you borrow it, return it.
  • If you value it, take care of it.
  • If you make a mess, clean it up.
  • If you move it, put it back.
  • If it belongs to someone else and you want to use it, get permission.
  • If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone.
  • If it's none of your business, don't ask questions.
  • If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
  • If it will brighten someone's day, say it.
  • If it will tarnish someone's reputation, keep it to yourself.

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Golden Rules

Post by Starlight* » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:08 pm

Simple and clear.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:44 pm

great!