Where have all the wizards gone?

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Billy
Centurio
Centurio

Where have all the wizards gone?

Post by Billy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Last evening, Spaceman and I stopped off into Best Buy to pick up a cheap set of computer speakers. We entered the store, and his reaction echoed my own, i.e. he proclaimed, "Wow..." To which I stated, "Yeah, no kidding."

Roaming the aisles, listening to the joyful sounds of grinding, deep house trance, I at last asked, "I wonder where all of this is going?" He took me over to a computer and showed me this: https://www.magicleap.com/#/home I'd seen this before; but not the whale. But what really caught my eye was the tab at the top right which states, 'Wizards Wanted.' So...this is where all of the wizards are going - over to the world of AI. It kinda reminds me of what my lyric and poetry writing teacher told me back at Berklee: "All of the poets have gone off to work at the ad agencies." So it seems as if, just like most everything else, art and magic, themselves, are being integrated into the realm of AI.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Where have all the wizards gone?

Post by LoneBear » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 am

Artificial is entertaining; Nature is not.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 am

LoneBear wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 am
Artificial is entertaining; Nature is not.
Respectfully sir, Artificial, for me is disappointment. I am being swamped with "virtual" reality. The problem with it, is that it is not real and with even the latest and greatest technology it ends or quits. Sort of like dreams. I have found that Nature NEVER quits. Nature is what we are. Artificial reality is the new Rum, Tobacco and Sex.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:50 am

MrTwig wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 am
Respectfully sir, Artificial, for me is disappointment. I am being swamped with "virtual" reality. The problem with it, is that it is not real and with even the latest and greatest technology it ends or quits. Sort of like dreams. I have found that Nature NEVER quits. Nature is what we are. Artificial reality is the new Rum, Tobacco and Sex.
I was paraphrasing my favorite quote from Dewey Larson, "Complexity is entertaining; simplicity is not."

But I concur that VR (Virtual Reality) is the new drug of the masses, the Coliseum of Rome all over again. I wonder if they will have "apps" to throw Christians to the lions?

7Serpent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by 7Serpent » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 am

Perception... its everything.

I located a whole bunch of wizards. They go by a somewhat different description, but are wizards nonetheless.

I am referring to my honey bees that have just spent a long winter outside in a pine box all by themselves and have just re-emerged.. They came back to life after a bitter cold mn winter ! I started 4 hives last spring, and 2 have survived, Amazing it is. To me, these girls must be wizard's and they definitely were in good rapport or else how could they manage to survive?

The bees in the hive generate their own heat by beating their wings fast... this creates enough energy along with the cluster they form. Fun part beyond not having a heater is also no lights.. so complete darkness for months.. The magical honey bee is quite the wizard huh?

Wonder what frequency this collective hum is at? Are they utilizing the aether? It doesn't seem possible this action can keep a wooden box warm without electrical power.

I watched the hives and occasionally some came out because of my attempts to add insulation.. sorry my bee husbandry skills are still evolving.. so late insulation installation.. oops, caused ill advised flights towards me the intruder. Unfortunately sub freezing temps mean death in seconds once outside the hive.

Honey bees do not hibernate... these insects may not be the LM type wizard, but they do amazing things when in rapport! And they are definitely very entertaining to watch ! I can do it for hours and never does it get boring.

Speaking of the LM's, still looking for a chance at rapport with them too! So far no luck.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Fascinating, thanks for sharing. I saw a dead wasp yesterday and would have thought it strange but then with those in control of the planet trying desperately to slow down global burning (that they caused and blame on humanity) we had a few weeks of very mild weather before ice nucleation and an extended manufactured winter put a stop to that (see the snow on the scottishchemtrails.com blog from yesterday) so it wasn't surprising to see insects thinking it was spring then being knocked out by weather control. It's the same with the snowdrops and daffodils which had started blossoming but will now all be frozen to death again. :(

From what I can gather, all animals are more in touch with the cosmic side that we are, especially cats, but i'm intrigued as to why the LMs and dogs really don't get on well... perhaps Bruce can enlighten us? I suspect it is because they are "man's best friend" and were created from Wolves to give us an animal companion.

Great work with your hives, keep it up! I'm also interested in their frequency and bees are very smart indeed, they already know of the efficiency of hexagons for their hives.
Bees, too, not knowing mathematics, correctly identified that the regular hexagon has the smallest perimeter among equal area figures, so this form can be filled efficiently. Building honeycomb, the bees instinctively try to make it possible for it to be more spacious, while expending as little wax as possible.
Speaking from experience, don't go looking for the LM's, they will find you if you are open and receptive and believe in them, just make sure that you are clean (mentally) and in touch with your own cosmic self, otherwise you may miss an opportunity. And keep an eye out for those spinning tornado's of light, making sure to greet them and show manners and respect if you do...

I agree, there is nothing better than watching nature at work, much more enjoyable than any modern entertainment distractions.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:53 am

Dogs and LMs... well, LMs are just chew-toys to them. Kind of like a velicoraptor playing with a human.

Now if you are into some old buzz about bees, I recommend you read this link for a completely different perspective:

The Natural Phenomena of AntiGravitation and Invisibility in Insects due to the Grebennikov Cavity Structure Effect (CSE)

7Serpent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by 7Serpent » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am

. Djchrismac wrote

Fascinating, thanks for sharing.
Your choice of word to begin "fascinating" was ... startling.

This is difficult to express, but l will try.

After the honey bee response, l had this suttle flash in my minds eye. Like an imagining --with an actual vivid movie clip, sound and all. I went back in time and l saw the face of Spock, in that instant he had just reviewed this thing "a honey bee". He made that classical dead pan response as he turned his head and was looking at a bee he was holding between his fingers. "FASCINATING"

When that happened yesterday... l didn't think anything of it... it was nothing at all.. my fleeting escape with my imagination from work.. at work.. lol

Later that evening as l sat down to the home PC.. l was tired.. cold from being outside in the woods trying to finish up tapping maple trees in the dark while it was spitting snow.

J just had a thought to see if anybody had responded .. so lm sitting there.. and l see the word... fascinating.. first thing.. then my attention awakes in a 152 attoseconds..as l recalled my earlier day dream in a flash,. and now this thing l had forgot about seems.strange. what were the chances of that happening? was l seeing the future earlier in the afternoon? Or am l making something of nothing? None of this makes any real sense, so what kind of sense is it, pure nonsensical coincidence?

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 pm

7Serpent wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am
J just had a thought to see if anybody had responded .. so lm sitting there.. and l see the word... fascinating.. first thing.. then my attention awakes in a 152 attoseconds..as l recalled my earlier day dream in a flash,. and now this thing l had forgot about seems.strange. what were the chances of that happening? was l seeing the future earlier in the afternoon? Or am l making something of nothing? None of this makes any real sense, so what kind of sense is it, pure nonsensical coincidence?
If this was the first instance that you have experienced this, then get used to it. You'll get these from time to time. Should you see the word on a newspaper article or something like that, then read the article. Should a person next to you say the this word and it stands out, talk to the person. Even more so, if he wears a spock costume or holds a book with a face of spock :D You never know what kind of surprises these synchronicities hold for you. That's why you've got to find out when you get the chance ;)
Last edited by animus on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7Serpent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by 7Serpent » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:10 pm

LoneBear wrote »
Now if you are into some old buzz about bees, I recommend you read this link for a completely different perspective:

The Natural Phenomena of AntiGravitation and Invisibility in Insects due to the Grebennikov Cavity Structure Effect (CSE)
FASCINATING !!!

I've got some experiments to do... muchos Gracias

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:56 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:53 am
Dogs and LMs... well, LMs are just chew-toys to them. Kind of like a velicoraptor playing with a human.

There's a very curious true story of dogs that keep killing themselves at Overtoun bridge in Dumbarton, I've always wondered if it was LM related, with them enticing them down... http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/overtoun-bridge

Kind of reluctant to get a dog now, my other half wants one and it will happen one day, just need to train it well to have respect for the wee folk to prevent any incidents!

That's an amazing link you provided, lots to ponder and perhaps experiment with... cheers!
7Serpent wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am
Your choice of word to begin "fascinating" was ... startling.
Cool, I was actually thinking of you after posting as I found a PM we had sent each other months ago. I wasn't thinking of Spock and i'm unsure of the timing of this but either you picked up my thoughts or I picked up yours... things like this happen to me a lot! As animus says, get used to it. :D
animus wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 pm
You never know what kind of surprises these synchronicities hold for you. That's why you've got to find out when you get the chance ;)
Yup, always be curious, as Viktor Stepanovich Grebennikov showed so well in the linked article, it can open up a whole world of new possibilities!
7Serpent wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:10 pm
FASCINATING !!!

I've got some experiments to do... muchos Gracias
:lol: have fun!

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Getting back to the topic at hand briefly, this is something that keeps popping up in my research... so we know that the church came in and took over all the ancient pagan/druid sites in Britain, especially Scotland (St. Andrew), Wales (St. David) and Ireland (St. Columba) ("coincidentally" the Celtic countries), building churches over all the sacred sites and ley lines while also going on a crusade to burn witches and warlocks, convert locals to christianity and ridiculing/persecuting those who still held beliefs in folklore and the little people.

What I keep noticing is that many of the old christian saints had magical powers and relics, healing powers, second sight and much more. They were heavily involved in events during the timeframe of the dark/middle ages or medieval period, when a lot was going on that is suppressed by the mainstream, namely the war of the gods and great bombardment for example. (although a lot of wackypedia dates place them further into the past)

So add the two together and it looks to me like the church has not only claimed these ancient sites as their own places of worship, but also the ancient wizards and turned them into the christian saints to not only hide the truth about them (including Jesus who Fomenko shows was around about the 11th/12th century or so and is probably the most well known wizard) but all of the other ones that have many stories involving dragons (St. David of Wales, Red Dragon on Welsh flag), witches and magic.

For example, Saint Mungo (Kentigern), patron saint and founder of Glasgow...
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/u ... mungo.html

Saint Mungo, also known as Saint Kentigern, Cantigernus or Cyndeyrn Garthwys, lived from 528 to 13 January 614. He is the patron saint and founder of the City of Glasgow. The wider picture at the time is set out in our Historical Timeline.

According to the Life of Saint Mungo written by the monk, Jocelin of Furness, in about 1185, Mungo's mother was Princess Theneva (or Denw) daughter of Loth, the King of the Gododdin, who ruled an area centred on today's East Lothian. After an illicit encounter with her cousin, the young King Owain of North Rheged, now part of Galloway, Princess Theneva fell pregnant. Her unamused father had her tied to a chariot and launched off Traprain Law. It miraculously landed softly, hurting neither Theneva or her unborn child. The Gododdin, now believing Theneva also to be a witch, then cast her adrift in a coracle without oars on the River Forth. She drifted up-river and came ashore at Culross in Fife, where Kentigern was born.

Kentigern was given the name Mungo, meaning something like "dear one", by St Serf, who ran a monastery at Culross and took in both mother and son. St Serf then oversaw Mungo's upbringing. At the age of 25, Mungo began his missionary work on the banks of the River Clyde. Here he was welcomed by people previously converted to Christianity by St Ninian, and here Mungo built his church, close to the confluence of the River Clyde and the Molendinar Burn. Since the 1200s the site of this early church has formed part of Glasgow Cathedral.

Mungo worked on the banks of the River Clyde for 13 years until the anti-Christian King Morken of Strathclyde drove him out in about AD565. Mungo made his way through Cumbria to Wales, where he spent time with St David, possibly founded a cathedral at St Asaph, and even found time for a pilgrimage to Rome. But in the 570s King Rhydderch Hael of Strathclyde, having overthrown Morken, invited Mungo to become Archbishop of Strathclyde. Mungo initially based himself in northern Galloway. In August 584 Mungo is said to have converted the bard Merlin to Christianity near the site of a church he later founded: Stobo Kirk.

Mungo later returned to the River Clyde, where his church became the focus of a large community that became known as Clas-gu or "dear family". From these beginnings emerged the modern city of Glasgow.

It was at Clas-gu that Mungo was visited by Saint Columba, who at the time was working as a missionary in central Scotland. It was here, too, that Mungo died, apparently in his bath (or while giving a baptismal service: interpretations differ), on Sunday 13 January 614. He was buried close by his church, and today his tomb lies in the centre of the Lower Choir of Glasgow Cathedral, probably on the actual site of his grave.

In order to make someone a Saint, it was necessary to proved that the candidate had performed miracles during their lifetime. St Mungo was said to have preformed four, referred to in a poem:

Here is the bird that never flew
Here is the tree that never grew
Here is the bell that never rang
Here is the fish that never swam

In the first, he is said to have restored life to the pet robin of St Serf, which had been killed by some of his fellow classmates in Culross, hoping to blame him for its death. In the second he used branches of a tree to restart a fire at St Serf's monastery that had gone out because Mungo had fallen asleep while he was meant to be watching it. The third relates to a miraculous bell he brought back with him from Rome. And the fourth involved the story of Queen Languoreth of Strathclyde being accused of infidelity by her husband, King Riderich, who alleged she had given her wedding ring to her lover when, in reality, the king had himself thrown it into the river. Facing execution, the Queen appealed to St Mungo, who ordered a servant to catch a fish from the river. When the fish was cut open, the ring was found inside, demonstrating the Queen's innocence.

Today the bird, tree, bell and fish form the four elements of the crest of Glasgow City Council. St Mungo is also responsible for the motto of his city, based on his original prayer: "Lord let Glasgow flourish through the preaching of thy word and praising thy name." Since 1699 this has been shortened to "Let Glasgow flourish".
It seems to me that the last thing the church needed to challenge their (and their Royal masters) control of the masses was a belief in wizards and magic, so the easiest thing to do was claim them as their own, create a modified back story for them as religious missionaries posthumously, then people will turn to the church for salvation, instead of following their own path towards becoming a wizard....

Another interesting link to St. Andrew of Scotland and his miracles, is that "The best specimen of the original text (the Acts of Andrew) which we have is a fragment preserved in a Vatican MS., tenth-eleventh centuries, containing discourses of Andrew shortly before his passion."... notice anything about the date? :wink:

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:10 am

7Serpent wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:10 pm
FASCINATING !!!
Should I mention that my High School nickname was "Mr. Spock"...

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:07 am

7Serpent wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 am
Perception... its everything.

I located a whole bunch of wizards. They go by a somewhat different description, but are wizards nonetheless.

I am referring to my honey bees that have just spent a long winter outside in a pine box all by themselves and have just re-emerged..
Thanks for sharing that story. I think it's great that you're helping the bees. Yes, I have a similar situation in winter but with stray cats. There are two that come regularly to eat, and one other has become master of the household. How do they survive the freezing weather? Some generous souls open up their garages to them with some heat going, but I've also seen cats roaming in packs which isn't what you'd expect to see, cats being more solitary, so rapport is evolving our feral friends.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:47 pm

dave432 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:07 am
Thanks for sharing that story. I think it's great that you're helping the bees. Yes, I have a similar situation in winter but with stray cats. There are two that come regularly to eat, and one other has become master of the household. How do they survive the freezing weather? Some generous souls open up their garages to them with some heat going, but I've also seen cats roaming in packs which isn't what you'd expect to see, cats being more solitary, so rapport is evolving our feral friends.
Good on you Dave, i'm not surprised so many people on here help out the animals. Cats are often very social with each other and will group together to help each other out, or when food is abundant like farm cats who have plenty of vermin to hunt, even though the pack lifestyle is more associated with dogs. It's more the large cats which are solitary, Lions being the exception.

What's really interesting is that feral cats that have no contact with humans don't actually learn to meow... this is purely something they learned around us which mimics the tone of a human baby crying, in order to get our attention and feed them. Smart kitties!

There is a great programme that was on TV a while back which attached GPS and camera's to cat collars and followed them for a week in a small village in England. The cats all had their own territory and patterns of patrol, often overlapping but at different times of the day from the neighbouring cat.

The cat that was originally from a farm was a big hunter and had a very large patrol range. Another group of unrelated cats all kept going back to a certain house and hanging out as it was good for free food, but the owners were none the wiser until they saw it on screen!

Dogs act just like children when their owners leave the room, while cats couldn't care less about us as they are so independent:
http://www.wimp.com/how-attached-are-ca ... ir-owners/

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:25 am

LoneBear wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:53 am

Quite the chapter, makes you wonder what the rest of the book is like. Here we have a fine example of somebody who is ethical enough to not give a powerful tool to an immature people.
His apparatus reminded me of the flying vacuum from Sabrina the teenage witch.
(That episode aired the year before he published his book.)

I had a visit of a female osmia cornuta while I read the chapter. It must have picked on my thoughts on bees, hihi.
Here is a video of those jumping cocoons of bathyplectes anurus.

The data on the sleepwalking experiment is also quite the mystery. The link to the reports is dead but was luckily archived. It seems not to be common knowledge that the weight can vary during sleepwalking. So far I had no luck of finding anything else on that subject. I can't find any weight experiments conducted during regular sleep or meditation, either. I also tried to see if there is anything empirical on the weight of dead bodies compared to their live state but it seems my search engine skills have left me for today. But boy, did I find results on weight loss! Looks like half of the Western world wants to lose their pounds and is not keeping it a secret, at least not on the Internet.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:47 pm

What's really interesting is that feral cats that have no contact with humans don't actually learn to meow... this is purely something they learned around us which mimics the tone of a human baby crying, in order to get our attention and feed them. Smart kitties!
I didn't know that. Maybe ferals don't meow because there's no one there to listen. The thing I notice about ferals is that they won't let you near them. Smart. But the cats who let you pet them were probably dumped. The one we took in already new how to use a litter box and he survived outside somehow for a year before we took him in. Some of our regulars just stopped coming around. It's amazing that many people think a domesticated animal can survive outside without being raised in that environment. Due to tough finances some people may have to resort to abandoning a pet, but I fear quite often it's ignoramuses who dump animals they don't want. We have a local animal shelter here that won't take an animal from a private party, only from animal control. Fortunately there are some churches that have rescue programs.
Djchrismac wrote:

There is a great programme that was on TV a while back which attached GPS and camera's to cat collars and followed them for a week in a small village in England. The cats all had their own territory and patterns of patrol, often overlapping but at different times of the day from the neighbouring cat.
I noticed cats do that at home, too. They mark their pathways on the walls and the other cats obey some sort of rule structure. If the dominant cat is in a room, the others stay out, but if the leader gets up to move, all the rules shift again. It's pretty fascinating, really. The toms in the neighborhood have a territory for sure and they mate with all the females on their turf. There was a similar program on racoons. They sure do have an amazing organized network going. Just don't let them nest in your chimney! That happened to us. There was another program on crows. They are so intelligent; they actually teach their offspring about you. If you are kind to them, the crows will pass it on to their young and future generations of crows will recognize you as a friend. With all the distractions going on out there, Nature has plenty to keep one busy. I think the most intelligent programs on the idiot box are actually the weekend children's shows. You might actually learn something that's true.
Djchrismac wrote:

Dogs act just like children when their owners leave the room, while cats couldn't care less about us as they are so independent:
http://www.wimp.com/how-attached-are-ca ... ir-owners/

I'm told that one of our cats actually whines for a while when I leave. Then she's fine and goes about her day. I think animals who live with humans take on some of the personality traits of the people they live with.
BTW, thanks for recommending Red Dwarf. I've got the first season on DVD. Looking forward to it.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:39 pm

dave432 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 pm
I didn't know that. Maybe ferals don't meow because there's no one there to listen. The thing I notice about ferals is that they won't let you near them. Smart. But the cats who let you pet them were probably dumped. The one we took in already new how to use a litter box and he survived outside somehow for a year before we took him in. Some of our regulars just stopped coming around. It's amazing that many people think a domesticated animal can survive outside without being raised in that environment. Due to tough finances some people may have to resort to abandoning a pet, but I fear quite often it's ignoramuses who dump animals they don't want. We have a local animal shelter here that won't take an animal from a private party, only from animal control. Fortunately there are some churches that have rescue programs.
Yeah Cats are facinating, i'm glad that I have a lot of friends that will take in a rescue cat or dog, and even strangers that I meet have often done the same. There are a lot of good people out there.
dave432 wrote:
I noticed cats do that at home, too. They mark their pathways on the walls and the other cats obey some sort of rule structure. If the dominant cat is in a room, the others stay out, but if the leader gets up to move, all the rules shift again. It's pretty fascinating, really. The toms in the neighborhood have a territory for sure and they mate with all the females on their turf. There was a similar program on racoons. They sure do have an amazing organized network going. Just don't let them nest in your chimney! That happened to us. There was another program on crows. They are so intelligent; they actually teach their offspring about you. If you are kind to them, the crows will pass it on to their young and future generations of crows will recognize you as a friend. With all the distractions going on out there, Nature has plenty to keep one busy. I think the most intelligent programs on the idiot box are actually the weekend children's shows. You might actually learn something that's true.
I had cats growing up and it's so much fun just watching them in action, they provide a lot of comedy moments too. One time my black cat Sooty (I know, classic black cat name but we took her in from an American family returning to the USA) jumped up onto a newly polished kitchen table and instantly sat on landing, only to fly off the other end in the sitting position! :lol:
dave432 wrote:
I'm told that one of our cats actually whines for a while when I leave. Then she's fine and goes about her day. I think animals who live with humans take on some of the personality traits of the people they live with.
Definitely, my other cat Hasey (Mini Ha Ha in full, named after Hiawatha's girlfriend, translation "laughing water") was named after falling into a farm water trough when she was a kitten which amused my Mum. She hated water ever since, most cats do, but a friend's cat I knew loved swimming, go figure?! My Mum and her had very similar personalities and were very close, she died in her arms and then appeared to my Mum in dreams for a few months after. Hasey lived until she was 20, impressive for a feline!
dave432 wrote:
BTW, thanks for recommending Red Dwarf. I've got the first season on DVD. Looking forward to it.
You're welcome mate, it's a sci-fi classic, just wait until you get to series V... especially "Back to Reality" :lol:. Looking forward to hearing about your favourite episodes when you have watched them all... :D

I've still to finish watching the most recent series (still great!), might have to put a few on later.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:29 am

It looks like the term "wizard" is getting a new meaning. The waitbutwhy blog's author Tim Urban (or the committee behind him) wrote a new "Hail Elon Musk" blog entry. It's about 70 pages long but well worth a read to get an idea how this transhumanism movement is taking shape.

It's an introduction to Musk's newest venture Neuralink - and an amzing introduction at that. I actually enjoyed reading it (for the "SciFi" and the biology lecture) although I'm opposed to the idea of becoming one with the cloud on a technological basis. You can see the similarities/counterparts to the natural evolution. Future transhumans will be able to communicate techno-telepathically, have the power of (a limited) techno-telekinesis, even share feelings, emotions, tastes, smells, experiences with other members who have accepted this symbiotic relationship between man and machine and pretty much be one thinking person via the techno-SMC. To put it more succinctly and in the author's/s' own words:
He started Neuralink to accelerate our pace into the Wizard Era.
The penultimate paragraph gives a subtle suggestion as to what we, the mere folk, should be doing while this is taking its course:
Some people take this information and decide to be like Elon, doing whatever they can to help the movie have a happy ending—and thank god they do. Because I’d rather just be a gawking member of the audience, watching the movie from the edge of my seat and rooting for the good guys.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 pm

From Chapter 5: The Wizard Era,
The thing that people, I think, don’t appreciate right now is that they are already a cyborg. You’re already a different creature than you would have been twenty years ago, or even ten years ago. You’re already a different creature.
Resistance is futile.
You can see this when they do surveys of like, “how long do you want to be away from your phone?” and—particularly if you’re a teenager or in your 20s—even a day hurts. If you leave your phone behind, it’s like missing limb syndrome.
More accurately, a part of your soul.
One thing to keep in mind as we think about all of this is that none of it will take you by surprise. You won’t go from having nothing in your brain to a digital tertiary layer in your head, just like people didn’t go from the Apple IIGS to using Tinder overnight. The Wizard Era will come gradually, and by the time the shift actually begins to happen, we’ll all be very used to the technology, and it’ll seem normal.
Ah yes. Incrementalism. The same drawn-out process government uses to subvert natural rights into privileges that can be forcibly denied if they threaten the parameters of the system.

I want to know if the Antiquatis Institute is real. ACCESS DENIED.
The penultimate paragraph gives a subtle suggestion as to what we, the mere folk, should be doing while this is taking its course:
Some people take this information and decide to be like Elon, doing whatever they can to help the movie have a happy ending—and thank god they do. Because I’d rather just be a gawking member of the audience, watching the movie from the edge of my seat and rooting for the good guys.
Yep. Despite the article claiming that the advances in technology has increased individual expression, the content of these expressions are the same dramas in different clothing. People feel low self-worth, because technology does everything for them, so they end up watching other people "do bold, amazing things" and root for them to feel good, like they've done something. Docile, malleable, entertained, and predictable. Like a robot.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 pm
One thing to keep in mind as we think about all of this is that none of it will take you by surprise. You won’t go from having nothing in your brain to a digital tertiary layer in your head, just like people didn’t go from the Apple IIGS to using Tinder overnight. The Wizard Era will come gradually, and by the time the shift actually begins to happen, we’ll all be very used to the technology, and it’ll seem normal.
Ah yes. Incrementalism. The same drawn-out process government uses to subvert natural rights into privileges that can be forcibly denied if they threaten the parameters of the system.

I want to know if the Antiquatis Institute is real. ACCESS DENIED.
Ha, nice one.
Now fast forward a little bit more and we will have what Jim Keith in his book Mass Control: Engineering Human Consciousness called the ultimate achievement of biocontrol:

Imagine someone having a kind of masterkeyboard to all brains that are connected to the cloud. A devolution of humanity back to automaton status would be possible by the press of a button. The perfect slave race. Even a voluntary slave race, as you'd even be able to press the "be happy to work"-button.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that so far those techno-powers are only ideas of possible application without any certainty of them ever becoming reality. But they had to be included into the blog entry because without any juicy bait people won't line up for this.

trippingthelight
Discens
Discens

Post by trippingthelight » Tue May 02, 2017 5:54 am

animus wrote:A devolution of humanity back to automaton status would be possible by the press of a button. The perfect slave race.
Or perfect army.........just reading this the day after watching the last episode of dollhouse season 1 where the brain implant technology used on the 'dolls' is leaked into the population and turns the masses into mass mind controlled armies fighting each other.

so many interesting themes talked about in that show, really worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it. One theme is that a group is looking for a 'safe haven', a place 'where heart works in concert with the mind'. I thought this was a great line as we know everything and anything is done today to split the heart from the mind so the mind can be assaulted with a barrage of distractions and programming to be easily controlled.

DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

Post by DSKlausler » Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 am

trippingthelight wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 5:54 am
...last episode of dollhouse season 1... really worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Netflix only has Season 2 in my viewing area.

Wow, what a pile of shit. Maybe the thematic elements are interesting, but the acting, filming and script are third-rate at best. Preposterous scenarios and ridiculous dialogue. I couldn't make it through Season 2 Episode 1.

Maybe Season 1 is better (often the case on TV).

NEXT!
Anything is possible with the proper training.

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Wed May 03, 2017 11:31 am

trippingthelight wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 5:54 am
the last episode of dollhouse season 1 where the brain implant technology used on the 'dolls' is leaked into the population and turns the masses into mass mind controlled armies fighting each other.
I can't remember what was it all about exept the hot chick from "True Lies" movie was the one getting new identities on daily basis. So long ago since I last saw the series and dont have it in my HDD anymore. I guess it wasn't so good to watch re-runs of it.
DSKlausler wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 am
Wow, what a pile of shit. Maybe the thematic elements are interesting, but the acting, filming and script are third-rate at best. Preposterous scenarios and ridiculous dialogue. I couldn't make it through Season 2 Episode 1.
I think you should've watched it from the beginning of the whole series. But, yea thats why they didnt make more seasons, because not enough people actually liked it as much.

Not sure if "Caprica" series have the similar theme of mass control, with its "V-world" at least it keeps people busy in the virtual reality doing stuff. They did only one season of Caprica and if I recall they intented to do one only, its prequel to the "Battlestar Galactica" series, a history of sorts.
Enjoy the Silence