Soft Language

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Soft Language

Post by Andrew » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:31 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm
If you are older, or "chronologically challenged," you may identify with this take on soft language by George Carlin, the most to-the-point comedian I've ever run across. "Soft language" is a technique used by the politically-correct crowd to make problems look like solutions...

George Carlin, I'm grateful, was alive when I was in my teen-rebellion stage. I received so much unconscious, logical processing from him in the form of humor, that I don't know how I would have turned out without him. One of the funniest men alive at the time.

In this speech, he describes the softening of language as being a "function of time." Shell-shock is direct ---- devolves into ---- post-traumatic-stress-disorder. "All the humanity is sucked out of it." The former is visceral, the latter, a "politically correct term" that softens blow to the "human condition." Whatever that means.

I've been wondering today, if that directness is tied to the cosmic sector. More acutely, the cosmic atom, that is described in the relation between Yin and Yang and RS2. Does directness in language parallel to the cosmic/white atom in the black-time region of the yin-yang?
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Soft Language

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:18 am

Andrew wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:31 pm
I've been wondering today, if that directness is tied to the cosmic sector. More acutely, the cosmic atom, that is described in the relation between Yin and Yang and RS2. Does directness in language parallel to the cosmic/white atom in the black-time region of the yin-yang?
I believe it is all related to the over-inflation of the ego. When you expand a balloon, it gets easier to pop because the surface gets thinner... well, as the ego inflates, it is much easier to get damaged, so all sorts of ridiculous stuff is now being done to prevent it.

All this softening of words is to make sure you don't feel the stress and get ego-damaged by it. The same thing with the gender-versus-sex stuff. Because people are no longer building character (strong ego that does the job it is supposed to do), they are forcing the external environment to become a padded cell, where no matter how hard they try, they cannot get hurt.

The function of the ego is to protect the body (corpus). If you also notice, those with soft egos also have soft bodies, so the ego isn't doing its job and has moved to a different function, one that it was not designed for. This is why things get messed up.

I do not see a cosmic relationship here, at least at a sector level. It is puzzling because it is not a life unit function either--the life unit would influence the body to encourage survival. By isolating the ego from its job, the opposite is happening. Since inversion occurs across levels, that would indicate an ethical control unit may be behind it, since they would promote sacrificing the body for a higher cause (for example). But it would not be an "internal" ethical unit--perhaps an external one... from the darksome atmosphere?
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.