Getting Organized

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Getting Organized

Post by LoneBear » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:33 pm

During my 4500-mile drive, I ran across a LOT of young people who would be very interested in the Phi-Core, but alas, I had nothing to give them so they had some contact info.

Did you ever settle on a symbol or icon to use, so you could make business cards and brochures? Just a business card would have been great--something they could stick in their pocket and check up on later.

And they stick out like sore thumbs, at resturants, truck stops, rest stops and hotels. Dual activated, looking for something but finding nothing. Guys and gals in their late teens and early 20's, mainly. All races, colors and creeds.

The web isn't everything... how about coming up with some cards and a brochure? I suspect that all you have to do is to leave them laying about, and they will find their way into the right hands.

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:21 pm

I have a brochue all made up, and I can make card easy enough.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Getting Organized

Post by LoneBear » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:54 pm

BlueEagle wrote:I have a brochue all made up, and I can make card easy enough.
What format is the brochure in? Is it something you could attach to a post, so we could print it out?

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:26 pm

It is in a graphics program called Corel Draw (not widely used graphic program), but I can put it into Adobe Acrobat. Give me a day or so and I will see if I can get that format.

If there is a better format, let me know.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:42 pm

business cards are a subtle and interesting method. Most newage stores , healthfood stores and independent/local 'alternative media community' facilities have some kind of public posting wall. A business card with a simple logo and the website might be enough to get it started...
-a

Eccles
Cellarius
Cellarius

Business Cards

Post by Eccles » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:09 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm probably relating something that most of you already know; however, business cards can be printed in Microsoft Word using Avery #3612 card stock that can be obtained in any Staples, Office Depot, etc.

In Microsoft Word, go to Tools/Letters and Mailings/Envelopes and Labels/Labels/Options/3612 - Business Card.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:30 am

Thru the phi-core site, the things to follow personally (what to be), are pretty clear: The code of ethics, what the core IS, is NOT, etc.

However, what exactly is meant by a 'contractual trust'? I mean, what do we do? I am not able to gauge the exact nature of the core, maybe because of the 2nd density group behaviour being very common. Is the core not like a club? Where's the difference? Would the core have any regular meetings, online or local?

Another thing, I didn't get the meaning of this phrase: "The Phi in the sky decides." I am not familiar with the 'psi- corps' idea either, is there any other way to get to know about it other than thru watching the Babylon 5 series? Getting DVDs are tough here, I am still on movie 1!

As for the 'laying hands on' aspect of it, I guess Bear is on the right track with the Wikipedia work... Linking the keywords "Ancient" to the antiquatis and phi-core info will help a lot. The web may not be everything, but it is by far the most powerful nowadays.

Blue, can you post the business card?

Cheers,
Gopi
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:15 am

BlueEagle wrote:It is in a graphics program called Corel Draw (not widely used graphic program), but I can put it into Adobe Acrobat. Give me a day or so and I will see if I can get that format.

If there is a better format, let me know.
PDF is good for general use, as anyone can print it. Word, though having the templates, is not as widely distributed in the Mac, Unix and Linux environments.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:32 am

Gopi wrote:However, what exactly is meant by a 'contractual trust'?
Also known as a UBO (Unincorporated Business Organization). It allows people to work together in a business-like process, but is not a creature of government, and thus is tax exempt in most countries and not subject to regulation.

It is a lot closer to the idea of a social memory complex, where individuals work together for a common goal. In Spiral dynamics, the trust is a Tier 2 construct, whereas a regular business is Tier 1, "orange".

All the so-called "democratic" governments of today are actually corporations. "The United States of America", doing business as "USA", is a corporation; cities and counties and States are municipal corporations. The head office is the District of Columbia. It is done this way so that "citizens" are actually "employees" of the corporation, and thus not subject to Constitutional rights, because of the right to contract. The social security number is your employee ID.

Pure trusts differ from these systems, in that there is no claim of "ownership" as an employee. It is just individuals who contract for specific ideas and ideals; in the case of the Phi-core, a code of ethics.
Gopi wrote:Another thing, I didn't get the meaning of this phrase: "The Phi in the sky decides." I am not familiar with the 'psi- corps' idea either, is there any other way to get to know about it other than thru watching the Babylon 5 series? Getting DVDs are tough here, I am still on movie 1!
The "Phi in the sky" referred to the symbol Phi on the sky background in the title bar, which I guess is no longer there. If you clicked on it, you got a special menu.

The Psi-corps was based on Hitler's youth program, where any child whom exhibited psi ability was taken by the core to be trained, for the good of society, as they may abuse their skills. The Corp then became the parents to the child, rather than his family, and thus created loyalty, since it provided everything with the only cost being devotion. But with that concentration of extra-sensory skill, the Corp went bad, considered themselves elite and superior, and tried to take over the world.

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Post by lvx08 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:07 pm

Gopi wrote:Another thing, I didn't get the meaning of this phrase: "The Phi in the sky decides." I am not familiar with the 'psi- corps' idea either, is there any other way to get to know about it other than thru watching the Babylon 5 series? Getting DVDs are tough here, I am still on movie 1!
You could always try ebay or amazon.. failing that find a torrent or use limewire if you've got broadband

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:12 pm

This is a second version of the brochure. It is more in-line with the web site. (Similar graphics, phrases, etc.)

I think this one is better, just for common themes.
Attachments
phicoreBroch2.pdf
(151.15 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:18 am

wow on the second brochure! I am totally captured by the moment where I only really see the Big Logo and the phrase " the universe is a far more interesting place once you get to know it" - honestly, that makes my heart and my mind jump more than anything else - it has that mix of mystery and explanation that is intriguing and suggestive, open to a bit of interpretation and very, very layered. If there was that and the website on a business card it would certainly turn my head!
-a

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:33 pm

Alright, how about this card...
Attachments
PhicoreBusinessCardv2.pdf
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:51 pm

well, i like it! but what do others think about it? just cuz I fancy it doesn't mean its doing its job, so - opinions!
-a

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:21 pm

The motto is really good... catches the mind and spirit.

Since you are using block paragraph style, you should not indent the first line.

I think you should go for a color background on the business card, since everyone has a color printer these days. Maybe something astronomical, but you don't want to do a black background, because you'll use up all your black ink when you print, and it tends to smear easily.

But might want to keep the flyer B&W, so you can mass copy it at Kinkos for conventions, or when a printer isn't handy.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:33 pm

why not a light, muted green? links to ideas associated with earth..
_A

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:39 pm

Black and White Brochure
Attachments
PhiCoreBrochurevBW.pdf
PhiCore Brochure Black and White
(97.52 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:46 pm

New and improved business cards...
Attachments
PhiCoreBussinesCardvColor.pdf
(510.72 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:07 pm

that green one is great! the other one's graphics get in the way of the message but, still - these are great!
-a

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:21 pm

Huh... that's really strange.

I uploaded the pdf file, and when I tested it (by downloading it from the site), the "astronomical" card looks a bit different than how I created it. I actually like it a lot better that way.

(I prefer the astronomical one myself.)

Thank you Alluvion.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:16 am

you are the card creator so i have a Q : do you mind if we use either or? each of us can download and print the one with think is best, or in your vision, is one better? you've done the work so I'd like to know what you think.

-a

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:19 am

Some fun facts to know and tell... (brochure)
  1. Might want to check your use of punctuation.
  2. You should list the Phi-Core website first, then supporting sites.
  3. Page 2; put http://www.phi-core.org in large, friendly letters on the front cover.
  4. lawof1.org isn't around anymore, since Carla couldn't understand two websites
  5. ascension2000.com isn't around anymore, David changed to divinecosmos.com
  6. The leading www should be included for websites, as it is a protocol indicator (like mail., smtp., ftp., etc)
  7. Philosophy section uses PhiCore without a dash--should be consistent
  8. "The Phi-Core were created to serve as messengers and contacts." doesn't sound right; check tense.
  9. If you are really serious, you should get a PO box for mail.
  10. Used block paragraphs on page 1, indented on page 2. Back in typing class in 1975, they told us that indented paragraphs were "out", so I'd recommend staying with block.
The Phi-Core were created to serve as messengers and contacts. The Phi-Core is meant to take information where it is needed.
This paragraph comes across somewhat like a "spy" organization, which the B5 Rangers essentially were. Not sure what the impression is that you are trying to put across.

Might want to check your use of tense... "The Phi-Core were..." followed by "We are to..." mixes past and future tense in the same section. Kind of like saying, "It will be happened; it shall be, going to be happening; it will be, was an event, that could, will have been, taken place in the future." --AJ Rimmer, Red Dwarf

One final thought... something Tulan and I had discussed at one point was the use of collective pronouns, such as "we". The intro paragraph was what I ripped from Delenn's speech in forming the Interstellar Alliance on B5. Notice the single use of "we" in that paragraph, which clearly delineates a group of individuals making a conscious choice to work together. You have to take great care with collective reference, because it is easier to be part of "we", and let "we" do the decision-making, rather than "I". Only the "I" can harvest; the "we" cannot.