Xenotelepathy

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Xenotelepathy

Post by LoneBear » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:58 pm

I was trying to write up something on xenotelepathy for the main site, which is a telepathic skill between different species. It is somewhat more rare and much more difficult to master because of the different degree of consciousness and the way the mind stores sensory data. For example, you don't see much through the eyes of a dolphin, because they "see" primarily with sonar. It is not easy for a vision-based mind to comprehend that kind of data (yet a blind person may find it in total sync).

I was planning to use a personal example, from a former finicky feline friend by the name of Fonsie, whom used to let me "see" through her eyes when she was prowling around outside, but that might be misinterpreted as a "cat-scan".

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Xenotelepathy

Post by Arcelius » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:33 pm

LoneBear wrote:I was planning to use a personal example, from a former finicky feline friend by the name of Fonsie, whom used to let me "see" through her eyes when she was prowling around outside, but that might be misinterpreted as a "cat-scan".
As long as it wasn't cat-alitic (or cathartic).

It may be easier to accomplish when you get away from focusing on the physical senses and treat it more as information. Mammals will have more similar sensory inputs. Others will be much more alien. It matters much less when you don't try to equate your own sensory inputs to those of other species.

The information received can then be processed. Most entities will send a description of how to interpret the information accurately (like an experiential dictionary) upon request though they like to receive one in return (if necessary). Perhaps it is the getting and making use of the "dictionary" that is tricky.

At some point, entities not from this world will come openly here. I think they would appreciate this kind of communication (which can cross more than the 5 senses) rather than strictly verbal.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:33 pm

aluxon wrote:As long as it wasn't cat-alitic (or cathartic).
That would be a cat-astrophe!
aluxon wrote:It may be easier to accomplish when you get away from focusing on the physical senses and treat it more as information. Mammals will have more similar sensory inputs. Others will be much more alien.
That's part of my problem. There is a yin and yang bias to each density; positive valence elements are yang, negative are yin in 1st density. Working with compounds are like working with married couples... lots of bickering over who's the boss. In 2nd density, the vegetable kingdom is the yin, the animal the yang, and past a certain subdensity, they act like two, totally different groups (kind of like men and women). Though they all respond to the same archetypes, they don't respond the same to the archetypes. There are also a good number of plant and animal species now in 3rd density along with most of mankind (some of which are still in 2nd density).
aluxon wrote:The information received can then be processed. Most entities will send a description of how to interpret the information accurately (like an experiential dictionary) upon request though they like to receive one in return (if necessary). Perhaps it is the getting and making use of the "dictionary" that is tricky.
That's the Solex Mal. Kind of a base language that everything uses. Never did get around to decoding it, but I suspect it probably makes use of elemental functions -- atomic elements representing base concepts.
aluxon wrote:At some point, entities not from this world will come openly here. I think they would appreciate this kind of communication (which can cross more than the 5 senses) rather than strictly verbal.
I think we have enough trouble with just the verbal, considering the bulk of the population ARE aliens from other worlds, between the transplants and Wanderers!

You will find that as you interact at a conceptual telepathy level, you'll pick up and translate the concepts regardless of spoken language. Many times, you'll know what someone is talking about, even if they have trouble verbalizing it.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:54 pm

LoneBear wrote:
aluxon wrote:As long as it wasn't cat-alitic (or cathartic).
That would be a cat-astrophe!
cat-aclysmic at least! If cat-alepsy is not undertaken, perhaps cat-acombs may be in order.
Lonebear wrote:That's part of my problem. There is a yin and yang bias to each density; positive valence elements are yang, negative are yin in 1st density. Working with compounds are like working with married couples... lots of bickering over who's the boss. In 2nd density, the vegetable kingdom is the yin, the animal the yang, and past a certain subdensity, they act like two, totally different groups (kind of like men and women). Though they all respond to the same archetypes, they don't respond the same to the archetypes. There are also a good number of plant and animal species now in 3rd density along with most of mankind (some of which are still in 2nd density).
You're the boss! Then the bickering stops! Remember the mineral kingdom. Though much more unusual, there are 2nd density crystals and rocks. If you can find one, it may be easier to work with them than with plants and animals. If you can find an advanced 3rd density plant or animal that has "broken out", that may also be a good opportunity.
Lonebear wrote:
aluxon wrote:At some point, entities not from this world will come openly here. I think they would appreciate this kind of communication (which can cross more than the 5 senses) rather than strictly verbal.
I think we have enough trouble with just the verbal, considering the bulk of the population ARE aliens from other worlds, between the transplants and Wanderers!
Unfortunately, they aren't very open about it in the sense of knowing where they came from. The trouble (or a source of trouble) comes from them not knowing that they are aliens and assuming they're not.

I have come across the concept of content communication. That's where you own your words. Most communication occurs through non-verbal communication (i.e. body language and the tone of voice -- not referring to telepathy) rather than the words that are used. Even for professionals who study this sort of thing, there are problems (I've heard of about a 20% failure rate). However, content communication means that you ignore everything other than the words (not a normal behaviour). This results in a shared understanding that is typically over 99% the same for the average person.
Lonebear wrote:You will find that as you interact at a conceptual telepathy level, you'll pick up and translate the concepts regardless of spoken language. Many times, you'll know what someone is talking about, even if they have trouble verbalizing it.
Yes. Some people have assumed that I understand a number of foreign languages because I have answered questions not asked in English.

The more interesting concepts will be the ones that really cannot be accurately expressed in any verbal or written language.

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Post by BlueEagle » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:06 am

What does a tree feel like?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:24 am

BlueEagle wrote:What does a tree feel like?
They tend to be stubborn, like a stick in the mud.

Trees live at a different timescale... much slower than animal life. Nothing happens quickly. Their "senses" are more field-related; they don't see or hear directly, but are aware of things within their ambit through the interaction of fields... but do taste, smell and touch. If you tree-scan, you first pick up these latter three senses. The way they see is similar to the way whales and dolphins see, except that it is passive (not active sonar).

Slender
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Slender » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Neat topic!

I have a link with my cat, Vous. She goes into heat every three weeks. She cries alot. One night she was keeping me awake so I extended myself to her and soothed her by petting her head and back as though I were there. She immediately stopped. I stopped and she started back up so I repeated the process with success. Very cool. I picked up her link and now we can sync. I don't get much from her, but I did hurt her feelings a few weeks ago by making her leave the kitchen when I was working on the plumbing in there.

I absolutely love trees, especially pine and willow. I'm looking for a special tree at my new house (just moved in a few weeks ago) out in the woods. I have a whole forest and can't find a tree! LOL. But you can feel them...and yes, it seems slower, more laid back. If you can find a tree to love, it's a very special relationship.

It's easier to feel animal emotions than to interpret their thoughts in my opinion.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Slender wrote:I absolutely love trees, especially pine and willow. I'm looking for a special tree at my new house (just moved in a few weeks ago) out in the woods. I have a whole forest and can't find a tree! LOL.
Usually people go looking for the forest... and can't find it because there are too many trees in the way. Nice to see someone with the reciprocal view.
Slender wrote:It's easier to feel animal emotions than to interpret their thoughts in my opinion.
You just need to learn how to distinguish "thought". Animals vary across three densities, from 2nd density "group mind," where the thoughts are the thoughts of a group consciousness, to the 3rd density "brotherhood" (more "pack" mentality, moving towards a centralized intelligence--sort of from "flock" to "eagle"), to moments of 4th density social memory access, where the animal "thoughts" contain ethical challenges.

Cats are particularly good at sharing consciousness. When I was young, we had a gray cat called "Fonzie" that would let me see through her eyes--prowling around the back yard and what-not. She had "thoughts," though they were not human thoughts, so it does take a different kind of "openness" to allow your own mind to accept them.

Emotional context is easier because it is fairly consistent, as it is non-local (time or age does not matter much). Trees think thoughts, but because of the extended time scale, it takes longer than most people are willing to spend, sitting and listening. But the non-local, emotional context is ever present.