Polar Ice Caps

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Polar Ice Caps

Post by LoneBear » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:46 pm

It occurs to me that the higher ultraviolet levels that the sun is now putting out will have an "adverse" effect on the polar ice caps... namely, they are going to disappear. Having lived at high altitudes in Wyoming for years, one of the things that you notice is that snow does not melt--it just evaporates in the sun. Many times, the ground never even gets damp. It has gotten much worse over the last decade.

If a similar situation is going on at the poles, then the sun will be evaporating the polar ice caps as well, causing them to disappear. That got me wondering if we were supposed to have polar ice caps, to begin with. Many of the mariner maps from the 1500s do not show any polar ice caps, but continents beneath them--Antarctica (terra australis--Antarctica and Australia combined into a single continent) in the south, and the four, Bargos Islands in the north, surrounding the "abyss", a 100-mile diameter hole that the ocean is pouring into from the four rivers separating the islands.

It appears that the polar caps may be a periodic thing; sometimes the planets have them, sometimes they don't. And I'd bet they disappear when a solar transition occurs, due to the shift towards the uV and X-ray bands, then re-form after the sun has stabilized at the higher magnetic ionization level. If that's the case, then Earth won't be the only one with a vanishing polar ice cap... and it didn't take but a second to find this NASA article: Mars is Melting, showing how the Martian polar ice caps are also melting. Yep, global "warming" is due to the sun, not flatulent cows.

Of course, melting ice caps would mean higher ocean levels (which I've noticed when visiting back home to Connecticut). The ocean tides are a good meter higher than they were when I was a kid--they even built stone walls to keep the high tides from going down the streets (never a problem, 50 years ago).

Our NWO buddies like their coastal empires, so I'm guessing that is why they built the facility in the "mile high" Denver area.

I did some poking around and it does appear that the polar ice caps are melting, much faster than the scientists would like to believe. Their original predictions said it would take 100 years... well, guess what... the latest computer model says 10 years, max. The ice pack diameter is in a "death spiral"--the more it loses, the faster it loses it.

But I think this is a return to a more "normal" condition for the planet, and a natural part of the climatic changes. Of course, geoengineering is messing it up quite a bit, so we'll have to see how things progress. Knowing mankind, they'll probably make it worse!
Attachments
arctic1595-full.jpg
Bargos Islands, circa 1595 AD
arctic1595-full.jpg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Re: Polar Ice Caps

Post by Ilkka » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:19 pm

LoneBear wrote:Of course, geoengineering is messing it up quite a bit, so we'll have to see how things progress. Knowing mankind, they'll probably make it worse!
The geoengineering could even have quickening effect on the melting of the polar ice caps. Or what you think if the they try to cool the weather, but instead it keeps being warm?

Or maybe they are succesfully slowing it down a bit, but I dont think they could even stop it at all.

On other note in Finland there has been alot of heat for a whole month now with a bit of rainfall and alots of lightning during that rainfall. Few people even got struck by lightning and were killed also few others got struck but survived. The forecast says that tomorrow as in wednesday is hot day still and it seems to get cooler after then also with a bit of rain. Also I think this winter is going to be warmer than last one, in this country atleast. In Sweden there was/is forest fire(s) going on.
Enjoy the Silence

maeghan
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by maeghan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:29 am

Here in Baltimore, Maryland the temperature has been rather cool. Regarding the rising sea levels; I've been wanting to leave this area for a long time now.

Off-topic, I recently had a dream (about the middle of July) where my parents, myself, and my husband were in the house I was raised in. (My Mom sold it in 2005) They were frantically packing up all their stuff and leaving to go far away from the Philly-Baltimore-DC area. They said, "They are going to flatten this area; we need to get out."

For some reason, they left without my husband and I and then I woke up.

This brings my entire post together: I've always felt a need to leave this area. It's likely to be destroyed by either nature or TPTB.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:33 am

I found this interesting little tidbit in a book written in 1928... "The apparent orange-yellow shade of this orb [the sun] is the result of its rays being immersed in the substances of the illusionary world."

Now, does the sun look orange-yellow to you???
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 pm

LoneBear wrote:Now, does the sun look orange-yellow to you???
Only in the evenings and also in the mornings when seen from certain angle, but that is just simple "prism like" effect. Kidding aside. Sun is white coloured from where I see it in midday.

On other note, I've been thinking about the light blue sky and why of it. I have this flashligt "Led Lenser P7". Before the LEDs had no warm effect to them, but these newer LEDs have. I did a little experiment with my flashlight which I aimed at the palm of my hand and kept it there for a second and felt a little warmness. Also I did feel it tingling a little bit too, which made me think that, maybe the light is on the UV side nowadays. When I took a stroll in the local woods I tried it out and saw a haze in the front part of the light beam and all sorts of matter floating about was very clear. This made me think about the light blue sky we see these days, supposedly sun is giving more UV than IR light and perhaps this makes it look like lighter blue than before when sun was more yellow than white. Maybe speculation may have some truth in this also. Any case I have ideas, maybe far fetched though.
Enjoy the Silence