Research Programs for the Rangers

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Research Programs for the Rangers

Post by LoneBear » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:54 pm

One of the key systems of learning, going back to the times of scribes and monks, was for those embarking on a journey of discovery to do "dissertations" -- formalized papers or presentations on a pieces of research. The process of discovery thru researching a topic can reveal all sorts of parallels, contradictions and synchronicities. It has been accepted practice for centuries that for one to obtain their Ph.D., the final step is to do a Ph.D. dissertation -- the culmination of their learning.

I'd like to suggest two ideas:

1) Ranger Logs: personal journals kept by each Ranger, documenting their path to discovery and consciousness. Document what worked, what didn't, the fears, failures, energy and success as you encounter it. Special events, what lead to them, and how you felt afterwards.

Rangers will be walking in "Spiritual Turf" that few people set foot in, whom stick with the major religions. I personally think it would be a very valuable resource for those who follow. (I'm sure I could find some blog software, if you want to do it online).

2) Ranger Research papers: there is a LOT of information out there, that really needs to be revisited, researched and correlated. We could set up a list of topics, for example "The Orion Group", "History of the Confederation", "Psychic Self-defense", "Meditation practice", "The Wanderer Syndrome", etc. and each Ranger could pick a topic, research it, and write up a quasi-formal presentation on it as a resource and summary for the other Rangers. Much could be learned from the effort. We could make an Advisory Council to assist with the papers and help answer questions. This serves two important purposes: you learn from the research, and teach others of your findings. Then when others read your work, they will teach you a few things you may have missed. It is what learn/teach, teach/learn is about.

(For those who read the 4th Density Science group, Mike Wirth andI just did this recently with the "Ra" version of the photon and RS2, and we hit a fascinating discovery of a new meaning of "solid", the "sol-id", and how Intelligent Energy manifests.)

Rangers, let me know if and how you want to proceed with this, and I will find and make the resources available.

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Research Programs

Post by BlueEagle » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:08 pm

So these could be extensions of the study guides. Find a study guide you are interested in, and take it from there?

Sounds fun. I'm always up for a research project. These projects could get very in-depth. We have the resources (with out use of the Elder SMC) to do this? We have enough information on the Orions and Confederation to do that? Cool.
Believing in Faith

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Research Programs

Post by LoneBear » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:58 pm

BlueEagle wrote:So these could be extensions of the study guides. Find a study guide you are interested in, and take it from there?
Or start one that isn't there yet.
BlueEagle wrote:Sounds fun. I'm always up for a research project. These projects could get very in-depth. We have the resources (with out use of the Elder SMC) to do this? We have enough information on the Orions and Confederation to do that? Cool.
You have the Archive of the Ancients, the Akashic Records, the Elder SMC -- plus 16 other SMCs that concurrently exist, like the Atlantean records, the Inner Planes info, the Outer Planes info, and more mundane resources like the Internet and the L/L Research library, school and public libraries, and people all over the world. While Carla is channeling, you can always submit questions to the Confederation thru Q'uo twice a month.

BUT... this kind of research is a bit different than a regular school term paper. You will need to learn about allegory, symbolism, synchronicity, following your intuitive and intellectual leads... most of the information is there, but encoded in religion and mythology. If you read Dan Brown's book, "The DaVinci Code" -- that's a piece of cake by comparison. Or, the "Celestine Prophecy" -- got to learn to follow leads based on metaphysical clues. You will grow a LOT from the process.

The younger Rangers have the advantage of not having to "un-learn" a lot of the nonsense taught in higher education. That is a big plus.

BTW, if you go to http://library.antiquatis.org , I added the last couple of chapters to "Road in the Sky" which tell of the history of the Orions and Confederation. Interesting stuff. (Don't use the "Library" link from the main page -- I had to misdirect it so the search engines would not pick up the actual library, until I address the copyright issues).

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Research Programs for the Rangers

Post by Alluvion » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:39 pm

coming from the feeling end of things I am all for the blog sector (i've gotten hold of "man and his symbols" - where is carl jung NOW!). Good suggestions lone bear, this interface is a connection at such a disconnect that to provide some 'space' for opinions and emotions and inner monlogue, endless data, etc etc - the stuff of personality and what not, is completely beneficial in my opinion.

_Adam

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

b2evolution

Post by LoneBear » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:48 pm

WarmSylph wrote:coming from the feeling end of things I am all for the blog sector
I have loaded the b2evolution BLOG software at http://anlashok.antiquatis.org/blogs/

Not that I know what I'm doing, but I did get it to create a blog and post.

Please coordinate with BlueEagle to determine requirements, users and administration requirements.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:23 am

so this is blue eagles show and not yours lonebear?
if so:

blue eagle - perhaps we should have a single login/passoword for the forum so that way we all access the same blog and contribute entries that way - we would differentiate entries by signature - does that make sense? or should we just have users register with the blog as well and use that software as an interface..?

_Adam

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:55 am

WarmSylph wrote:so this is blue eagles show and not yours lonebear?
It is a "shared show." When BlueEagle and I came up with the idea for the Rangers a year ago, the deal we made was that I would provide the resources/advice, and he would do the work and coordination for the Rangers. I am already spread pretty thin between my RS2/L1-science research, the Elder Race research, Alliance, SGCs (philosophy and physical construction) and the new Law of One International Cafe.

I think I can speak for both BlueEagle and myself when I say that any volunteers to help with these tasks, current and before us, would be appreciated!
WarmSylph wrote:perhaps we should have a single login/passoword for the forum so that way we all access the same blog and contribute entries that way - we would differentiate entries by signature - does that make sense? or should we just have users register with the blog as well and use that software as an interface..?
I still haven't figured out how a blog differs from just a reply thread in a forum. Perhaps you can explain?

Thanks
Last edited by LoneBear on Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio

Cafe?

Post by dbeaman1 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:19 pm

What's the law of One international cafe?
oma

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Lo1C

Post by BlueEagle » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:50 pm

Believing in Faith

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:01 am

LoneBear wrote:
WarmSylph wrote:so this is blue eagles show and not yours lonebear?
It is a "shared show." When BlueEagle and I came up with the idea for the Rangers a year ago, the deal we made was that I would provide the resources/advice, and he would do the work and coordination for the Rangers. I am already spread pretty thin between my RS2/L1-science research, the Elder Race research, Alliance, SGCs (philosophy and physical construction) and the new Law of One International Cafe.

I think I can speak for both BlueEagle and myself when I say that any volunteers to help with these tasks, current and before us, would be appreciated!
WarmSylph wrote:perhaps we should have a single login/passoword for the forum so that way we all access the same blog and contribute entries that way - we would differentiate entries by signature - does that make sense? or should we just have users register with the blog as well and use that software as an interface..?
I still haven't figured out how a blog differs from just a reply thread in a forum. Perhaps you can explain?

Thanks
the threads are less 'stream of conscioussness' and more 'topic' oriented - the difference is the recognition of funtion: the threads bring with them the connotation of topic and staying on that topic and contributing some way to that topic. THe blog is much more descriptive to the individual and so facilitates the communication of any information the blogger wishes. Its basically a way to say "I can say anything here" vs "there is a specific prescription to this conversation".

let me know how I can contribute from here.

_Adam