Yin-Yang

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
Post Reply
User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Yin-Yang

Post by LoneBear » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:08 pm

I'm writing some more of the RS2 tutorial series and have run into a bit of a nomenclature problem, surrounding the concept of the yin-yang generative principles.
  • Yin is feminine, dark, circular and temporal.
  • Yang is masculine, light, linear and spatial.
In the RS, there are two geometric concepts for each aspect of motion:
  • Space (linear) and Equivalent Space (rotational)
  • Time (linear) and Equivalent Time (rotational)
In the RS2 research, I have been using yin as a synonym for time, and yang for space, to correlate it to the old philosophical concept. But now I need to include the linear and rotational aspects as well, which are also yang (linear) and yin (circular). So I'm looking for suggestions on how to label these things clearly, yet retaining the ancient concepts.

Equivalent space would be "equivalent yang", but equivalent is yin, so equivalent space ends up yin-yang.
Equivalent time would be "equivalent yin", making it "yang-yin."

So that would give me:
  • Space: yang
  • Time: yin
  • Equivalent space: yin-yang
  • Equivalent time: yin-yin
And that begs the question as to yang-yin and yang-yang, which happen to show up with my new model of "units of motion," that Larson does not actually have an adjective for (ultra-high speed range projection).

Is this too confusing? (It is more generally descriptive of the function, if you understand the symbols behind it. But English is not a gendered language, so the concepts of yin and yang tend to be a bit of a mystery to native English speakers to begin with.)

Suggestions?
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

zuoqian
Indagator
Indagator
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by zuoqian » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:22 pm

How about using traditional "four phenomena" concepts: lesser yin(ShaoYin,Yin inside Yang,⚍), great yin(TaiYin,⚏),lesser yang(ShaoYang,Yang inside Yin,⚎), great yang(TaiYang,⚌)?
please see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagua
image:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagua#medi ... nbagua.png
The Limitless (Wuji) produces the delimited, and this is the Absolute (Taiji)
The Taiji produces two forms, named yin and yang
The two forms produce four phenomena, named lesser yin, great yin (taiyin also means the Moon), lesser yang, great yang (taiyang also means the Sun).
The four phenomena act on the eight trigrams (bagua), eight eights are sixty-four hexagrams.

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by LoneBear » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:10 am

zuoqian wrote:How about using traditional "four phenomena" concepts: lesser yin(ShaoYin,Yin inside Yang,⚍), great yin(TaiYin,⚏),lesser yang(ShaoYang,Yang inside Yin,⚎), great yang(TaiYang,⚌)?
That is an excellent suggestion. Let me research the etymology of the words to see how they correspond to RS concepts.

How would you correlate these terms to my "Tao of Larson" diagram:

Image
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by LoneBear » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 am

I just realized this diagram is the same structure I can up with (from an entirely different premise) that I described here on the RS2 site: The Reality of the Imaginary.

This appears to be representing Larson's concept of "units of motion" in a dimensional progression.
  • Wuji: the progression of the natural reference system (unbounded, limitless motion).
  • Taiji: the "direction reversal" producing a bounded state of manifestation (dimensionless, 20 = 1 state).
  • Liangyi: speed=yang, energy=yin (single dimension 21=2 states)
  • Sixiang: the quaternion; Larson's "units of motion" and speed ranges (2 dimensions, 22=4 states, unity, 1-x, 2-x, 3-x)
  • Bagua: the octnonian; atomic structure (3 dimensions, 23=8 states)
My list also included the "dual octonian", which is Bagua2 -- the hexagram of the I Ching.

Does this correlation make sense to you?
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

zuoqian
Indagator
Indagator
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by zuoqian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:33 pm

LoneBear wrote:How would you correlate these terms to my "Tao of Larson" diagram:
I would correlate as:
* Material Sector =>Yang(⚊)
** 3D Linear Space=>TaiYang(⚌,Big Yang)
** 3D Ratational Time inside Unit Space=>ShaoYin(⚍,Yin inside Yang,Small Yin)
* Cosmic Sector =>Yin(⚋)
** 3D Linear Time=>TaiYin(⚏,Big Yin)
** 3D Ratational Space inside Unit Time=>ShaoYang(⚎,Yang inside Yin,Small Yang)
Does this correlation make sense to you?
Yes,it is very interesting and seems to fit well.
I also like to think:
Wuji(○ )=> Void,Absolute existence out of the universe of motion.
Taiji(+,think as Yang ⚊ rotate 90 degrees then combined with Yin ⚋)=>Motion,Space AND Time,natural reference system.
Liangyi(⚊,⚋)=>Space OR Time,1 dimension electric motion.
Sixiang(⚌,⚍,⚎,⚏)=>2 dimensions magnetic motion.
Bagua(☰,☱,☲,☳,☴,☵,☶,☷)=>3 dimensions gravitation motion.

Traditional concepts also maps to more broader fields,for example,Sixiang also maps to East/South/West/North and Spring/Summer/Autumn /Winter.

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:10 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by MrTwig » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Just a suggestion, but could you not be looking at this one dimensional? What if you took the symbol into the third dimension. It become a ball or sphere with piece of space/time imbedded in it.

I once drew out the three dimensions in the shape of a clock. Depending on how you looked at it I could see the divisions of three, six and twelve. I do not know if others can see this way, but I have always seen multiple solutions.

Some of the tests that I have taken show an unusual results for spacial reasoning. Most of my scores were average but the spacial reasoning they said was "off the charts". Well, anyway I see the "light" barrier as just that, a dividing line between the worlds. The only describe way to determine the type of light is frequency or cycles per second.

By the way, have you ever tried to see yourself as "never moving" but just "experiencing" everything as a point in space (or time)? Kind of feels like being in the matrix story. :D

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3890
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:58 am

MrTwig wrote:Just a suggestion, but could you not be looking at this one dimensional? What if you took the symbol into the third dimension. It become a ball or sphere with piece of space/time imbedded in it.
I have done the 3D version as well, with the sphere, but I did not find it useful. The yin-yang symbol seems to be more relational than structural, showing how two concepts interact. It seems to be more "scalar" than coordinate.
MrTwig wrote:By the way, have you ever tried to see yourself as "never moving" but just "experiencing" everything as a point in space (or time)? Kind of feels like being in the matrix story. :D
I think most of humanity does that... just stand in a daze, watching the world go by. :D
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

User avatar
joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contact:

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by joeyv23 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:38 am

I came up with something a short while back but didn't really have much of a frame of reference for understanding it, other than seeking balance in structure for the concepts of love and hate. A great deal of conversation the past few days in regards to both of these brought it back to mind. And after some thought, adding in the interpretation of love being yin/pull and hate being yang/push, I feel somehow it's relevant here.

I love love, hate love, love hate, and hate hate.

In other words, pull-pull, push-pull, pull-push, and push-push. Pull-pull would be compression in M-sector (progression in C-sector), and push-push would be boundless progression in M-sector (compression in C-sector). And now my mind's eye flashes the infinity symbol at me.

If I apply this to my recent personal experiences with the Mother/Feminine/Yin qualities, as well as the Father/Masculine/Yang qualities, I get this,

Embrace the Yin, reject the Yin, embrace the Yang, reject the Yang.

And I can also see that the words embrace and reject could be substituted with 'be penetrated by' or 'penetrate' respectively.

Looking at that statement above as a line, I can see it fold itself into an infinity symbol.

And now I'm starting to see how balance does necessitate a higher measure than just these four, since that sentence as a line could only fold into a 2d image. In order to go beyond that, it's necessary to phase shift 90 degrees so there's something like a wave function laid onto its mirror on an x,y axis intersecting with the same on an x,z axis, giving us something along the lines of:

Embrace embracing the Yin, embrace rejection the Yin, embrace embracing the Yang, embrace rejection of Yang.. reject embracing the Yin, reject rejection of Yin, reject embracing the Yang, reject rejection of Yang.

And the interaction produces a spiral.. are we talking about DNA structure??
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:10 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Yin-Yang

Post by MrTwig » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 am

LoneBear wrote:I'm writing some more of the RS2 tutorial series and have run into a bit of a nomenclature problem, surrounding the concept of the yin-yang generative principles.
  • Yin is feminine, dark, circular and temporal.
  • Yang is masculine, light, linear and spatial.
In the RS, there are two geometric concepts for each aspect of motion:
  • Space (linear) and Equivalent Space (rotational)
  • Time (linear) and Equivalent Time (rotational)
In the RS2 research, I have been using yin as a synonym for time, and yang for space, to correlate it to the old philosophical concept. But now I need to include the linear and rotational aspects as well, which are also yang (linear) and yin (circular). So I'm looking for suggestions on how to label these things clearly, yet retaining the ancient concepts.

Equivalent space would be "equivalent yang", but equivalent is yin, so equivalent space ends up yin-yang.
Equivalent time would be "equivalent yin", making it "yang-yin."

So that would give me:
  • Space: yang
  • Time: yin
  • Equivalent space: yin-yang
  • Equivalent time: yin-yin
And that begs the question as to yang-yin and yang-yang, which happen to show up with my new model of "units of motion," that Larson does not actually have an adjective for (ultra-high speed range projection). I believe that is where frequency comes in.

Is this too confusing? (It is more generally descriptive of the function, if you understand the symbols behind it. But English is not a gendered language, so the concepts of yin and yang tend to be a bit of a mystery to native English speakers to begin with.)

Suggestions?
OK, I was just reading about the Lorentz Factor and the Law of Conservation of Direction. Could it be that there are directions to yin and yang. A sort of bi-directional vector look to it. From a Yin perspective of a Yang or vice-a-verse Yang perspective of a Yin.

Yin-Yang (a larger area compared with a larger area)
Yang-Yin (same a above from the opposite direction)
Yin-yang (a larger area compared with a different direction) like looking a negative numbers.
Yang-yin (the opposite large area to an opposite area in an opposite direction) negative numbers.
also,
yin-Yin (equivalent time to time)
yin-Yang (equivalent time to space)
yang-Yin (equivalent space to time)
yang-Yang (equivalent space to space)
All are relationships that describe a point of view.

It all breaks down to the complex number graph. With the y direction being the rotational and the x being the linear and the z being the speed at which this is happening.

Post Reply