Motion vs. Stagnation

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Motion vs. Stagnation

Post by Ilkka » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 am

So yesterday evening I was pondering about time and "stuff" and I thought about the opposite of motion as "stagnation" motionless state of being. I might not be very good at explaining things but some might get the idea at least what I'm trying to point out.
We have opposing forces as we know, time and space, positive and negative. All these are required to have progress as we know of and are totally natural phenomenons. Rest is something we need as well a stagnation of sorts to be more precise, opposing the motion that we need as well to keep us going on and healthy. So I theorized in my late night meditations that its like clockwork, we have 24 hours a day, approx. 16 hours of motion and the rest 8 hours of stagnation/resting so the ratio here is 2:1. Motion as 2 units and stagnation as 1 unit of time spent. I think that in between intervals on sub-atomic level there might be this aswell at least for animate matter. Lets say there is 3 billion "pictures" or pieces of progression/action per second, 2 billion of them are motion and 1 billion is stagnation, with this in mind we wouldn't know the difference, because the motion is overcoming the stagnation by the ratio of 2:1. I also thought about "overmotion" for the inanimate matter, for universe trying to spark the life in inanimate matter.

Might be far fetched idea, but it is only natural to have a rest. Anyhow, I let you decide and please do ask questions when they arise and I try to get the answers, like Daniel has said about this thoughts that are all over I totally know what it is like.
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Motion vs. Stagnation

Post by LoneBear » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:21 am

Ilkka wrote:Might be far fetched idea, but it is only natural to have a rest. Anyhow, I let you decide and please do ask questions when they arise and I try to get the answers, like Daniel has said about this thoughts that are all over I totally know what it is like.
Larson discusses sleep and that 2:1 ratio in Beyond Space and Time, Chapter 14, Thinking and Memory. Might want to take a read.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Re: Motion vs. Stagnation

Post by Ilkka » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:09 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Ilkka wrote:Might be far fetched idea, but it is only natural to have a rest. Anyhow, I let you decide and please do ask questions when they arise and I try to get the answers, like Daniel has said about this thoughts that are all over I totally know what it is like.
Larson discusses sleep and that 2:1 ratio in Beyond Space and Time, Chapter 14, Thinking and Memory. Might want to take a read.
Yes, it was somewhat hard to read at the parts that I didn't need to know of, which were some certain details, but other parts were something to consider. So there we interesting parts and less interesting parts.
Enjoy the Silence