Meditation, Hypnagogia, and the Hollow Earth

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
Spaceman
Indagator
Indagator

Meditation, Hypnagogia, and the Hollow Earth

Post by Spaceman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:40 am

I’ve been practicing meditation quite regularly lately. I haven’t been using any specific discipline or technique other than just little things here and there that I have picked up and found useful. I’m looking to find and develop techniques that would effectively improve my ability to direct my awareness and maintain it in desired states.

I read most of Hypnagogia: The Useful State Between Wakefulness and Sleep a year or so ago. Since then I have paid more attention to the transition from being awake to sleeping and have found it quite useful. This wasn’t done in any sort of methodical way. Even so, I have gotten a pretty good idea based on visual cues, train of thought, and feeling of how close to sleep I am getting. Some times I get to the point of having full blown color images/stationary scenes. These normally excite me enough to jolt me out of them relatively quickly. They fade into my awareness and then fade out.

Since beginning a regular mediation practice again I have had one experience of the aforementioned type while meditating and a couple others that are similar yet not quite as pronounced. The first was an image of myself that faded in then out, the others are images of waves in the ocean that aren’t breaking. The first kind are quite vibrant in color, whereas the second are more subdued, yet they both have the nearly the same accompanying feeling. Both of these are at a deeper state than what I would term “thought images”, which I’m defining as those images that are not really concretely seen in any sense, yet still have definite form and come into and out of awareness with regularity. I’m attempting to figure out how I can reliably and consistently reach this deeper state and have the ability to maintain it for longer periods.

I recently revisited the RS2 interpretation of hollow earth theory where you have the surface world, the underworld, and then the inner underworld with a central sun and then continuing with the reciprocal be that in time or space. I then began extrapolating what that might mean in terms of awareness and the structure of the life unit. It seemed valid to think of equating the conscious “surface” awareness with the surface world, the stages of hypnagogia with a journey through the underworld, the dream world being analogous to the inner underworld (etidorhpa), the “central sun” being the overlap (symbols, themes, motifs) from the soul to the body, and the reciprocal being true for the soul.

Contextualizing different levels of awareness in these terms has been useful in creating a structure to conceptualize different experiences, (kind of like an esoteric interpretation of the 9 realms of yggdrasil) but it hasn’t done much to solidify the ability to reach and maintain the deepest stages of hypnagogia. Using imagery or focusing on the dantiens and bioenergy only seems to help bring me to the state right before the one I’m working towards. The deeper hypnagogic images appear to manifest out of a “drifting” mind rather than one consciously focused on a specific task or idea. This seems to be in contradiction to the idea of distracting the conscious mind with a mantra or something similar to go into the deeper levels of awareness. I was wondering what y’alls thoughts are on the matter, and if there is anything I should consider or take a look at.
"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of ones self is most important." Teal'c

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Meditation, Hypnagogia, and the Hollow Earth

Post by joeyv23 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:20 am

My journey into the unconscious realm (out of body) picked up significantly when I read the works of Robert Monroe, Far Journeys, Ultimate Journeys, and Journeys Out of the Body. I spent a lot of time working with the hypnogagic state trying to use it as the doorway to astral project and it was effective, but not wholly reliable because sometimes I'd just slip over into the unconscious realm. Nowadays I let myself go naturally into the dream realm and then work to interpret what I experience. Some of it is lucid, some not so much. Usually the not lucid dreams present more of an easily understood symbolism and allegory upon further review of the sequence. Also, at some point, I went from being very visually oriented to being more prone to notice tactile sensation now when observing the transition between awake and asleep. I'll feel myself "getting ready for work", "getting on my bike" and then "starting down the road" all while also being intermittently aware of my body laying in bed. If you haven't seen this yet, I also recommend this book by Robert Bruce that describes the energy structures within the life unit and ways of interacting with it during waking hours that help when you lay down for conscious travel into your unconscious realm. Astral Dynamics I haven't gone back over these works since having started learning about the RS and it's reevaluation but I think much of the structures written about in them match in some fashion to the structures as given in the explanations derived from the postulates of the system. I may loop back around to these esoteric works soon and see what comes of it or it may be more accurate to see what has fallen away since undergoing a vMeme shift.
Spaceman wrote: It seemed valid to think of equating the conscious “surface” awareness with the surface world, the stages of hypnagogia with a journey through the underworld, the dream world being analogous to the inner underworld (etidorhpa), the “central sun” being the overlap (symbols, themes, motifs) from the soul to the body, and the reciprocal being true for the soul.
This tunnels of Set also fit into this model as being passages within the subconscious/underworld. As for the central sun being the overlap from the soul to the body, I can't really say that I can agree, just because I'm not sure if passage into the inner underworld/Agartha has as part of the journey passing through the central sun which is how I conceptualize what you've stated as it being the overlap between the realm of the anima/Cosmic sector and that of the corpus/Material Sector. To me, the "central sun" might be the inverse of the gravitational limit here in M-sector. But I could very well be misconstrued somewhere so validation from another is appreciated.

The best thing I can think to advise you is this: Don't try to distract your mind from doing the thing that your mind naturally wants to do when you go to sleep / pass into that unconscious realm. Instead of placing yourself in the role of the conductor, become like a member of the audience and watch and listen as the orchestra tunes up and starts playing the symphony. Watch for the quietness between thoughts. Watch your thoughts as if they were themselves a screenplay, or a radio broadcast, or again, a symphony whichever sense you're more oriented to, use it. A simple visualization might help of a seesaw composed of a line and a triangle at it's fulcrum. On one side, you'll have awake, and the other side, asleep. The seesaw will dip across the level of equilibrium a couple of times and you might find yourself realizing that you fell asleep once you pass back to this side of the seesaw. Focus on the tip of the triangle that is the fulcrum. The moment when the conductor brings down his baton for the first note to be played. That's the area between awake and asleep where, according to Tinker Bell "The magic happens".
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Spaceman
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Spaceman » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks for the leads. I’ll check them out and see what’s there.

Given that I began the series with a journey through the underworld. I can see how it might seem that I meant to communicate passing through the central sun as part of the journey. That is my fault for not clarifying. I was attempting to indicate a possible parallel between the illumination of the inner underworld by the central sun and the “illumination” of the dream world by symbols, themes, and motifs, which from Bruce’s Dreams, Symbols, and Allegory paper would be the result of communication from the soul to the body in the from of the inter-regional ratio. Without light from the central sun etidorhpa would be dark and without any symbols the dream world would be quite “dark” as well. Although, I admit the connection isn’t quite as direct as it is for the underworld and inner underworld. In truth the central sun was more of an after thought in the midst of writing and thought of leaving it out, but I threw it in there anyway.

This is the context in which I’m using the term overlap.
LoneBear wrote:A condition occurs here that Larson documents with the chemical relations of atoms in a molecule. When two atoms are sitting right at the unit boundary, the situation is highly unstable. Any motion that would make the atoms separate by just ONE natural unit of motion, would cause the atoms to fly apart, and just ONE unit closer, and they would be pulled together. And that is most likely what happens here, with the outer realm/inner realm model. In molecules, the atoms find a stable structure within the gravitational limits of each other, balancing the inward motion of gravity against the outward motion of the progression (this is why molecules are drawn as balls interpenetrating each other, rather than the surfaces touching). Same thing happens at the aggregate level--the inner sphere of the material world overlaps the inner sphere of the cosmic world--and in that zone we find a lot of energy trapped near the inner gravitational limit (not the inverse limit), giving it the appearance of a "central sun."
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1645#p11816 LoneBear seems to be indicating it is the inner gravitational limit.
joeyv23 wrote:The best thing I can think to advise you is this: Don't try to distract your mind from doing the thing that your mind naturally wants to do when you go to sleep / pass into that unconscious realm. Instead of placing yourself in the role of the conductor, become like a member of the audience and watch and listen as the orchestra tunes up and starts playing the symphony. Watch for the quietness between thoughts. Watch your thoughts as if they were themselves a screenplay, or a radio broadcast, or again, a symphony whichever sense you're more oriented to, use it. A simple visualization might help of a seesaw composed of a line and a triangle at it's fulcrum. On one side, you'll have awake, and the other side, asleep. The seesaw will dip across the level of equilibrium a couple of times and you might find yourself realizing that you fell asleep once you pass back to this side of the seesaw. Focus on the tip of the triangle that is the fulcrum. The moment when the conductor brings down his baton for the first note to be played. That's the area between awake and asleep where, according to Tinker Bell "The magic happens".
Playing the role of the “observer” to my mind definitely seems elicit the best results. Your fulcrum visualization is a nice parallel to the “waves” I mentioned before and their place I had in a meditation after posting last night. I got to the point where the waves popped up. I was able to remain the “observer” allowing my mind to be “drifting” and found my point of awareness dipping below the waves. I had been considering the connection between the ocean and its possibility as a symbol for the unconscious before this. I found, as you are stating, that as I passed from above the waves to below a marked difference in my awareness occurred. I’m not sure if I would mark it as full blown sleep, but the state is definitely right on the edge. This happened numerous times and even resulted in some more rarefied images. These were still a little jolting and would bring me above the surface, although I was able to quickly dip back beneath the waves. I’m quite confident now in my ability to replicate the process. Thanks for the fulcrum tip it has helped to reinforce the interpretation of my experience.
"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of ones self is most important." Teal'c

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:01 am

I see your meaning now, you'd taken the interpretation a step further than I had.. I've recently just really started to absorb the RS and the reevaluation material and have been focusing on technical details. There's so much that I read before restructuring the psyche that I need to revisit.

I recently rectified a conceptual block that I had about sector/dimensional dispalcement and the quote you shared validates the rectification and gives credence in my mind to your interpretation of the overlap. It makes sense that this area could be the 'location' of the central sun, and given the seeming cotradictiry sensations associated with this work, I think it could also be possible that we might pass through this on the way in.

I'm thinking along the lines of going 'in' feeling like moving 'out'/away, perhaps something similar happens, that you travel down/in so far and an inversin would occur so that instead of penetrating that realm from tge directiion of down/in you start moving up/out into that realm, but it doesn't happen by way of emerging from the ground so to speak as it does that you descend/spiral in from the overlap area.

Just kinda winging this here, my mind is adapting to quite a bit if information recently so as with everything else I'll need to revisit these thoughts after some rest. I'm about to head now to the other realm, I think I'll have a go at watching the transition which is something I haven't done in a while and see if experience supports or contrasts the lines of thought we're working through here. Thanks for the anima food!

Spaceman
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Spaceman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:00 pm

joeyv23 wrote:I've recently just really started to absorb the RS and the reevaluation material and have been focusing on technical details. There's so much that I read before restructuring the psyche that I need to revisit.

I’m with you there. It is definitely a lot to wrap your mind around and hold on to. As evidenced by some of what I go into below. It surprises me sometimes just how much I can forget about a lot of this. Then as I figure something out for myself multiple posts, parts of papers, ext. will pop up in my head, that I had already read once if not multiple times, that quite explicitly state what I just figured out. Its in moments like that when I just have to smack my forehead a few times.
joeyv23 wrote:It makes sense that this area could be the 'location' of the central sun, and given the seeming contradictory sensations associated with this work, I think it could also be possible that we might pass through this on the way in.
If your indicating a passage through the central sun to get to the dream world I’m not sure if I agree, as the central sun (if I’m not misunderstanding something) essentially lies on the unit boundary. Yang 1x, 2x, 3x (unit boundary) 3x, 2x, 1x Yin. The Underworld (onset of hypnagogia) would exist starting in the intermediate speeds (2x) and the Inner Underworld (dream world) in the ultra-high speed (3x) where the inverse gravitational limit takes effect. The Central Sun would be situated in the middle of the Inner Underworld.
LoneBear wrote:Electromagnetically, we see Haley's model of the hollow Earth appear, and observationally, the conventional model. The only big difference is that the Underworld is the zone between the outer and inner surface, in the equivalent space of the mantle. This actually fits the mythos quite well, as from Hades, one can either proceed to Elysium (Etidorhpa, on the inner surface), reincarnate back to the surface world, or continue to the Other Realm (Agartha).
When trying to reply I had to go back over somethings which ended up changing the details of this post a bit. Yang 1x is in 3D space whereas Yang 2x and 3x are in the 3D time (equivalent space) of the atoms on this side of the unit boundary. Given the reciprocal nature of motion that means that Yin 3x (Tartarus) 2x (Agartha's Underworld) are in the 3D space (equivalent time) of the atoms on that side of the unit boundary. With the central sun on the unit boundary that would mean once you passed through the unit boundary you would find yourself in the 3D space of the atoms there. The dream world exists in 3D time.
joeyv23 wrote:I'm thinking along the lines of going 'in' feeling like moving 'out'/away, perhaps something similar happens, that you travel down/in so far and an inversin would occur so that instead of penetrating that realm from tge directiion of down/in you start moving up/out into that realm, but it doesn't happen by way of emerging from the ground so to speak as it does that you descend/spiral in
If the extrapolation of the hollow earth model we are discussing here is accurate I could see how this would come into effect in some fashion. If the Inner Underworld being analogous to the dream world is correct that would place both right on the beginning of the 2x to 3x natural limit. For RS2 biology we are talking qi (2x) and shen (3x). Intelligent energy and conscious energy respectively. I’ll let my mind mull over that some more to see if any meaningful relationships pop up between those and the transition from the hypnagogic to dream state. If the ideas that are popping up now are close to correct it would be interesting. I’ll post more on that later.
joeyv23 wrote:Thanks for the anima food!
Or is it animus food? No matter (hehe) back at ya.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:33 am

Spaceman wrote:Then as I figure something out for myself multiple posts, parts of papers, ext. will pop up in my head, that I had already read once if not multiple times, that quite explicitly state what I just figured out. Its in moments like that when I just have to smack my forehead a few times.
Lol I'm with you there.
If your indicating a passage through the central sun to get to the dream world I’m not sure if I agree, as the central sun (if I’m not misunderstanding something) essentially lies on the unit boundary. Yang 1x, 2x, 3x (unit boundary) 3x, 2x, 1x Yin. The Underworld (onset of hypnagogia) would exist starting in the intermediate speeds (2x) and the Inner Underworld (dream world) in the ultra-high speed (3x) where the inverse gravitational limit takes effect. The Central Sun would be situated in the middle of the Inner Underworld.
What I mean is this... If I imagine the cosmic sector to be a sphere of motion, and the material sector to be a sphere of motion, then their intersection would be like a vesica pisces. This visualization is only to show how I got to my previous supposition. The difficulty might be that this sphere of motion and that sphere of motion (in parlance of the old reference system of container/contents) exist in the same 'space', just phase shifted apart.. so more like two spheres of motion co-existing in the same 'space'. If I imagine the former, that the spheres co-exist and co-mingle at a 'middle' area. Linearly, it stands to reason that you would pass through the middle area to get from one sphere into the other, from 3d space to 3d time. Once there, what we see as being 'in the middle/at the center' here will probably not be central. Moving in towards infinity is only moving in from the frame of reference of being outside of it. Once you pass 1/1, in becomes out. Terra is the corpus. Moving into the corpus can be seen as the journey into the center of the Earth. At some point, you pass 1/1 and things invert. Suddenly, down is no longer down. In is no longer in. Digging down into the Earth is like tunneling out of the core of the inner conjugate. Moving into your body is moving out into your soul. If the central sun is the boundary for this soul, the illuminating element, perhaps it can be seen as a manifestation of the Animus? I'll have to defer to someone else here. I don't want to keep tying this knot on the chance that it's indeed, a knot.
joeyv23 wrote:Thanks for the anima food!

Or is it animus food? No matter (hehe) back at ya.
Probably a bit of both :) For me, stimulating Intelligence make the soul happy.