Chinese map from 1602 AD

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Chinese map from 1602 AD

Post by LoneBear » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:31 am

I got a copy of the Kunyu Wanguo Quantu (坤輿萬國全圖), a map made in China in 1602 AD. It shows the Earth prior to the last expansion event, but I have had no success in translating it.

Zuoqian, is this something you are able to read?
Attachments
Kunyu_Wanguo_Quantu_(坤輿萬國全圖) (1602).jpg
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Chinese map from 1602 AD

Post by Ilkka » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:26 am

There might be a chance that my home town where I still reside would´ve been either underwater or just above it and in very southern tip of that map. Currently this town is about 100 meters above sea level. I was also thinking about the continents that might make a "wave effect" that they would be higher up on one side and lower in the other, which would be extremely slow going or in some certain intervals and that would render some theories useless, if that sort of thing is even possible, why not though.
Enjoy the Silence

zuoqian
Indagator
Indagator

Re: Chinese map from 1602 AD

Post by zuoqian » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:03 am

LoneBear wrote:Zuoqian, is this something you are able to read?
Most of the Chinese characters on the map are transliterations of the locations, so I think maybe there are not much new information to tell you.

The search results of this map on the Chinese search engine do include something interesting, a Chinese researcher( he has a English blog) says the map is created at about 1430 AD by Zhenghe's fleet, and is a proof of Zhenghe came to America before Columbus, because this map is more accurate than the later Western maps, for example in this Chinese blog.