Request for Q'uo-tation

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Request for Q'uo-tation

Post by LoneBear » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:51 am

Q'uo session is coming up this weekend. If you want to submit a question, I'll need to get it to Carla by friday. WarmSylph's question on symbolism is a good start. The way it works is that they submit a "major" question at the start of the session, that Q'uo speaks on it. Then there is a Question/Answer session that follows with pretty much anything you want to ask.

Note that Q'uo will not say anything about a currently living person, nor will violate any free will. In other words, Q'uo will never tell you what to do. You always have to decide for yourself. It is best to phrase questions so the answer returns a series of options or background information, so you have better information to make your free-will decision.

So if you want to come up with a "major" question for a detailed answer, and any Q/A add-ons, list them in reply to this message, and I'll see that Carla gets it.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Today

Post by LoneBear » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:15 am

Q'uo will be addressing your question on group names and symbols today (sunday, 3/20). I've reformatted WarmSylph's question slightly to remove ambiguity and remove inferences that might be interpreted as violating free will.

The submitted question is:
"We of this world have a tendency to form groups, whose collective voice is
iconified and represented by a name and a graphic symbol, such as "L/L
Research" and its image of Don Quixote.

Can you expound on the nature and construction of a group name and symbol
for a group, based on the princples of the Law of One, and if such a
construct is advantageous, make some suggestions on effective ways to select
an appropriate name and symbol for a group seeking service to others, based
in 4th density concepts?"
I will post the reply as soon as it is transcribed.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Request for Q'uo-tation

Post by LoneBear » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:48 pm

I attended the channel session today, and heard the response.

Note that this question has never been asked before, and the Q'uo had a good time with it because of all the new information they could relate--talking almost for an hour. And they got amazingly specific, far more than they normally do, even going in to the hows and whys of J. Michael Straczynski picking the Ranger name for the Babylon 5 series. You're going to enjoy it.

And based on the commentary... it looks like the Rangers are making headlines in "Solar System Today". Talk about "success"!

I should also note that the Q'uo view us via a time/space perspective. We are not a moment in time, but more of a temporal aggregate, spanning a length of time. Their reference to the Rangers refers not only to here and now, but of the future, as well. Keep that in mind when reading the transcript.

The transcript should be available in a couple of days, as it was a longer than normal session. Looks like Adam can pick some interesting questions!

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Nice

Post by BlueEagle » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:13 pm

high-five to adam
Believing in Faith

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:38 am

well,
glad to help out!
I must say though,
I give Quo their fair
share of my
mental time,
maybe I picked
up on a little something.

_a

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:41 am

furthuring:

I really do have an interest in the information that can be shared from some beings, i've always thought about what it would be like to attend a session and what I might ask but I can rarely ever think of anything curcially relevant to ask. Rather I think about how if they are where they are now then theyve certainly amassed an incredibly knowledge base about art and psychology and music and all so sometimes I think it would be really interesting to ask them something like "so what do you all know about art?" and let them ramble - of course thats also letting jim or carla ramble and that would require OH so much energy. I guess questions as such will have to wait.

_Adam

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Huh...

Post by BlueEagle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:49 pm

I have never thought about ti like that. Course, I don't know about Q'uo, but the Ra tended to get a bit irritated when they asked them questions on subjects which were "trivial" to Ra. I don't know if Q'uo would see it as such. But I agree, that would be increadibly interesting. To ask them about music, if they still have it or what it is that they have (or don't have) and why. Art and music, that would be interesting.

Sonata in 7th Density. Lol. Wonderful.
Believing in Faith

dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Huh...

Post by dbeaman1 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:10 pm

BlueEagle wrote: Ra tended to get a bit irritated when they asked them questions on subjects which were "trivial" to Ra.
I am really glad to hear this, as Q. does this. I thought it was just my own bad manners showing through :lol:
oma

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Ra Material

Post by BlueEagle » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:52 pm

This is a quote from Book V, of the Ra material, commentated by Jim McCarty and Carla L. Rueckert
...The desire that had brought Ra to our group was a true desire for non-transient material, and this desire fueled our sessions. When we departed from that level of information, Ra would remind us to get back on track in a subtle way: by telling us to watch our alignments. We at first took them literally and thought they were referring to the items on the altar, to getting them lined up rightly. Later, we figured out that they were grading our questions, not our Bible and candle placement...
In this quote they were talking about UFOs in the U.S.
RA: I am Ra. I spoke thusly. May I, at this time, reiterate that this type of information is very shallow and of no particular consequence compared to the study of the Law of One. However, we carefully watch these developments in hopes that your peoples are able to be harvested in peace.
Believing in Faith

dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dbeaman1 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:18 pm

One evening, we were visiting friends, and it was very late, I was quite tired. But just as we were getting ready to leave, a young girl came in, ( she goes by the name Blue as well) She was wanting to play on the drums, so everybody sat down and started drumming again. ( This group is studying the traditional Lakota beliefs, which include drumming, and various other things) Pauletta, the hostess came over and said,' Blue came out here to see you. 'Why does she want to see me,' I thought. When the music stopped, Q. popped in and said to the girl, "What is it you wish to know?" The girl was quite aggressive, and a little obnoxious. "I want to know what it's all about, what's the point of all this" Q. said "It's all about returning to the Creator" The girl replied, "I know that, duh" To which Q. replied, "Then why have you asked." She then turned to Pauletta, and said," perhaps this one should spend time with you. There is no need for a professor to attempt to teach a first-grader" :lol: And with that, we left. However, I will say, on Q's part, there were no feelings of condemnation, or disdain, just that "This one is not ready" feeling.
oma

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:17 pm

si - I understand about the focus on pertinent info. But also with Ra there was the intention to try and balance what they had participated in unbalancing oh so long ago so they had an 'agenda' per say - focused and undistorted delivery of information pertaining to the law of one.

But I still think that information about how the dimensonality of the arts and of creative process affect the 'making of things' - if such a thing be necessary in a realm of fluid dimensions, would be useful to understand. More about looking at this world and our behaviors from the time/space perspective, rather than the ususal space/time perspective. Personally I want to understand the architectural implications of such and how this is handled by these beings.

_Adam

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Q'uo audio available

Post by LoneBear » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:27 pm

I don't know when the transcript will arrive, but if you want to HEAR it, go to: http://www.lawof1.org/audio. 78 minutes long.

"Download" will download the audio file to your system, if you want to keep a copy or play it locally (4.5 megabytes). I also set up a streaming audio for slower connections, which plays as you go.

(It's my first attempt at audio digitizing and streaming from a website, so the quality isn't going to win any awards, but you can understand what Q'uo is saying.)

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:03 am

oh
my
god - quo made a joke about CHINESE DESERT!

Amazing! amazing, here's the drawing set I did while listening. When I have the time I will listen again.

And may I suggest the digital audio method from now on?

please.!? *christmas present!*

_A

ps - image in two ways, both inverted: pure and blurred so that the sketchy quality is secondary to figures and relationships made by many lines tracing and retracing clues...

(whoa, just read that, realized I have the quo phrasology going on : ))

_a

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:38 am

WarmSylph wrote:Amazing! amazing, here's the drawing set I did while listening. When I have the time I will listen again.

And may I suggest the digital audio method from now on?
please.!? *christmas present!*
Are you volunteering to do the audio conversion work? It takes a LOT of CPU and disk to do it. The WAV file for this one was almost a gigabyte in size, and it took close to 40 minutes just to run the noise reduction filter on it (on my 1.2 ghz laptop).
WarmSylph wrote:ps - image in two ways, both inverted: pure and blurred so that the sketchy quality is secondary to figures and relationships made by many lines tracing and retracing clues...
The Ankh over the pyramid catches my attention, where the pyramid is the body and the lobe on the ankh doubles as both the energy spiral from the pyramid and the "head".

You may want to check out POVray (Persistence Of Vision Raytracer), which is a free program that allows you to create 3D computer models of objects, in considerable detail (look at some of the pictures in their raytracing competition -- hard to tell from "real life"). I use it a lot to rough out ideas for the Reciprocal System. It also does GIF animations. http://www.povray.org/
WarmSylph wrote:(whoa, just read that, realized I have the quo phrasology going on : ))
And I've been Q'uo-ting your replies... :-)

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:36 pm

and lonebear I didn't know you had such a sing-song voice. very pleasent.

as for audio conversion: convertined to mp3 format or maybe real audio after clean up would be best. I have some software I could clean up and convert wav files to mp3 with, but I don't think I have a microphone to record the audio from a tape. How did you digitize the audio? If I can find my mic somewhere or if there is another way, sure I'll help. my comp packs a little more punch so no prob.

_a

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:39 pm

WarmSylph wrote:and lonebear I didn't know you had such a sing-song voice. very pleasent.
If you are referring to the man speaking at the start of the tape and the song at the end, that is not me, it is Jim McCarty, Carla's husband.
WarmSylph wrote:as for audio conversion: convertined to mp3 format or maybe real audio after clean up would be best. I have some software I could clean up and convert wav files to mp3 with, but I don't think I have a microphone to record the audio from a tape. How did you digitize the audio? If I can find my mic somewhere or if there is another way, sure I'll help. my comp packs a little more punch so no prob.
David digitized it for me on his system, which has a tape recorder with the headphone jack plugged in to the "line-in" on his computer (no microphone--direct connect). GoldWave was used to record and clean up the background humming (they use cheap recording equipment) and static, and RazorLame was used to convert the WAV to MP3 (8-bit, 8 khz, optimized for speed). From the streaming audio research I did, they say that an MP3 file is about a third of the size of a RealAudio file, and we have limited server space so that is a concern. I zipped and burned the original WAV recording to a CD, just so we have a clean copy of the audio without compression.

It is not difficult to do, but VERY time-consuming. It takes about 90 minutes to digitize the tape, then you have to go in and clean up the blank spots (Carla will pause during the channeling -- in the Ra tapes, it can be several minutes. Q'uo isn't that bad). Then you'll eat up a couple hours doing the filter passes and conversion to mpeg.
Last edited by LoneBear on Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:55 pm

oh ok, well - jim has quite a nice sing songy voice then.

as for audio - I don't think I have a direct line in and I know that mic to mic audio is horrible in quality. Is the room carla channels in able to have a computer in there at the time? If that doesn't pose a problem maybe you can record direct to digital by have the computer in the same room and mic near her, but at length of the mic line...

_a