Temporal Landscapes

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
New2RS2
Discens
Discens

Temporal Landscapes

Post by New2RS2 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Temporal Landscapes
If we no longer can consider time “an object of our knowledge,” we must consider it a “dimension of our being”… [this]…means not that (1) “time is FOR someone” but that (2) “time IS someone” (Maurice Merleau-Ponty) – Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

As a student of phenomenological psychology, and a follower of my individual intuitions, I eventually stumbled upon Larson’s theory a few years ago and have been digging more into it as time goes on. I have a sense that a worldview has been dawning on me (very slowly) over the past 35-40 years, in which my varied interests (Krishnamurti, Sheldrake, Wilber, Baha’i Faith, RS2, and others) all seem to be pointing toward a ‘temporal landscape’ as the axis mundi around which I seem to have been revolving during that time – or perhaps I am that revolution, itself.

I have said things in the past that must have seemed rather outrageous to some of my students and, even though I did not fully understand what I was saying at the time, nevertheless seem to have been, in retrospect, part of the same emerging pattern of thought. For example, long before I discovered Larson’s RS theory, I used to talk about the Big Bang theory in my psychology classes, asserting (as if I knew) that the moment of creation is NOT 13.8 billion years ago, but that the moment of creation is NOW, and that the universe is forever in a state of ongoing self-creation. That seems like a rather audacious statement for someone like me to make since my interest in physics (as in most things) has always been only one of many pastimes, and since I am not an authority on any matter, other than the choices that I make.

I may have been flying by the seat of my pants, or I may have been extending my intuition to include the point of view of my future self, trusting that the world coming into view through such bold statements was not entirely without substance. One thing that is clear to me now, however, is that a convergence is in process on the temporal horizons (probably due, in part, to my age). Features of the temporal landscape that seemed scattered in the ‘past’ seem now to be gravitating inwardly in time, where they appear to be part of the same whole, rather than the figments of an overactive imagination. It is as if a tiny piece of that temporal landscape is becoming identical to what I am and what I have always been.

When sitting for my oral exams after completing the coursework for my master’s degree, I recall mentioning the concept of ‘teleology,’ indicating that whereas the various philosophies seemed to use the term as a reference toward the future direction of a phenomenon, I had acquired instead (in that particular graduate program) a sense of the term as a reference toward the meaning, or intent, of a phenomenon. One of the members of the committee nodded and made a grunting sound, which indicated that he was quite pleased with this intuitively derived insight on my part. We then elaborated on that topic for a short while.

If time is a ‘solid,’ as Larson indicated, this all makes better sense. The temporal landscape is solid and substantial. We perceive inward scalar motion (in time) as a gravitation toward meanings and intentions (essences) of various phenomena, and as a substantial feature of the human experience, though the by-products of this motion-in-time often seem scattered or fragmented from our point of view in the material sector. To articulate the essences of phenomena is to display their forms as 3D temporal entities. True research, in this sense, is a growth process of self-discovery. “Thou art that!”

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Temporal Landscapes

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 am

Great post, I too have had many coincidences lead me here, where I found that my varied research interests all came together to help me understand the big picture more easily. RS2 has then expanded that knowledge big time.

If you haven't already, read the start of Part 5 of the daniel papers anthropology series to read about the solid of time as you describe it:

http://www.conscioushugs.com/wp-content ... Daniel.pdf
Larson’s atoms are simply a temporal rotation in three dimensions—in other words, the “stuff” of theatom is a physical structure in 3D time that is given a coordinate location (a point) in our observable,coordinate grid of space. The location is in space (yang), the structure is in time (yin).3 This also tellsus something important: we consider atoms to be solids (in various states) and atoms are time, sotherefore time appears as a solid—and that is the stuff of æther—the “solid of time.” All of ourmaterial particles, atoms and molecules are basically little balls of solid æther stuck on a 3D, emptyspatial grid, exactly as the 19th century researchers said.
The other papers along with this forum, conscioushugs and the RS2 forum will provide a lot more info on the temporal landscape:

http://reciprocal.systems/phpBB3/
https://fora.conscioushugs.com/
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:56 am

New2RS2 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:55 pm
Temporal Landscapes
If we no longer can consider time “an object of our knowledge,” we must consider it a “dimension of our being”… [this]…means not that (1) “time is FOR someone” but that (2) “time IS someone” (Maurice Merleau-Ponty) – Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
From the old Doctor Who episode, "The Space Museum,"
Vicki wrote:Time, like space, although a dimension in itself, has dimensions of its own.
I have found that time, as a clock, just helps to organize our thoughts. But when it takes on dimensions of its own, it becomes its own entity.
New2RS2 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:55 pm
I used to talk about the Big Bang theory in my psychology classes, asserting (as if I knew) that the moment of creation is NOT 13.8 billion years ago, but that the moment of creation is NOW, and that the universe is forever in a state of ongoing self-creation. That seems like a rather audacious statement for someone like me to make since my interest in physics (as in most things) has always been only one of many pastimes, and since I am not an authority on any matter, other than the choices that I make.
The RS is a steady-state theory in that it is constantly creating and destroying itself across clock time and space, like a bubbling foam. New bubbles of creation are constantly forming, growing and evolving until they burst, destroying those structures but providing the material for new creation to occur. As many philosophers have said, "the only constant in the universe is change," and after 30 years of developing the RS theory, Larson concluded the same thing... "the universe is nothing but abstract change in three dimensions."
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

New2RS2
Discens
Discens

Post by New2RS2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:49 pm

I have read some of Daniel's papers and found that he has a way of expressing himself which has been helpful to me in understanding RS2 concepts. I hope he is able to overcome his current troubles. I have also read much of his material on Montauk. Fortunately I am open-minded enough to find it quite fascinating while reserving judgement on his conclusions.

At present I am using phenomenological concepts as a 'base' for assimilating RS2, as I intuit that there is much common ground philosophically. I am not yet at a point in my understanding of RS2 to be able to use RS2 concepts to assimilate the other. I have absolutely no background in electricity, chemistry, magnetics, engineering, etc., which would probably be handy.

On the other hand, I believe I may finally be able to add some material to a discussion on synchronicity (that I started a couple of years ago) before too long - probably during my summer vacation. I got stumped on that one for a long time and decided not to post a lot words that would only be beating around the bush. In the meantime I have read quite a few of the articles, and watched most of the videos on the RS2 site - all of which has been very helpful.

I am responding to both messages above. I have not been able to figure out how to embed quotes within my responses.

New2RS2
Discens
Discens

Post by New2RS2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:37 pm

It just occurred to me that Merleau-Ponty, author of the quote in the first message, also described (as did Larson) three orders of phenomena: the physical order (inanimate, Level One); the vital order (biological, Level Two); and the human order (M-P did not call it metaphysical, LevelThree).