Understanding polarity

Forum for the sharing and discussion of various research projects going on.
Post Reply
Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Understanding polarity

Post by Alluvion » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:40 pm

So I've always been confused by the notions and descriptions of negatively polarized behavior. I am always tryingto make sense out of the postive/negative concepts so here's me kind of laying it out on the table:

I don't like using the terms negative/positive because they have direct good/vs/evil connotations and if , according to the law of one, its not a vs thing - and both are acceptable in the eyes of creator and so in the eyes of the spiritualy polarized, there is no good or evil as viewed from either perspective. That said:

why do the 'service to self' oriented beings tend to do the manipulative, seemingly evil and harmful, fear causing things they do? how do I as a seemingly others oriented being understand how a being can NOT seek love, connection, virtue and faith and still progress in spiritual polarity?

It seems to me that if both are acceptable in the eyes of the creator, then I should see both as viable pathways and appreciate both polarities - but I don't and I have some deep seated biases and fears against the negative polarity because I don't want to be that, though I know that in view of unity, I am that and I own it.
Is it what one does with THAT knowledge that makes the serving others beings different from serving self? I mean that I can accept, right now at this moment, that there are parts of me that conced to being manipulative and controlling to get what I want they way I want it - but I don't see how that really activates the spirit. Perhaps my misunderstanding lies in the ratio of wisdom/compassion of spiritual beings - it makes sense to me that one would have to have a great deal of love and compassion to progress, to connect and understanding other beings and make a unifying relationship with them if possible. But wisdom seems as integral a part of compassion as it is of wisdom, so how can beings who are in appearance evil manipulators able to progress to realms of wisdom and so called 'higher' spirituality without that compassionate component? I am a buddhist and so I beleive that wisdom and compassion are necessary to learn and integrate into the being - for me polarity is not love OR hate, its indifference or love/hate, and perhaps thats where the distinction lays...but how does hate become 'useful' or contribute to the usefulness of evolution?

Well I hope I made a case for my confusion at least a little. I am eager to read what you all have to say, if anything, and I value your responses. thanks!
_a

User avatar
Vuyiswa
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by Vuyiswa » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:41 am

Hi WarmSylph,

Just typed a long response to you and without touching my keyboard, it disappeared and I somehow lost it all as I was about to post ( them STS folks must be cackling as I write :) )

I will try again:
I don't like using the terms negative/positive because they have direct good/vs/evil connotations and if , according to the law of one, its not a vs thing - and both are acceptable in the eyes of creator and so in the eyes of the spiritualy polarized, there is no good or evil as viewed from either perspective. That said:
This is the density of choice, so duality terminology is useful to distinguish the type of energies one is dealing with. If one has no judgement about the terminology, then the words are just that; words. Perhaps your not liking to use the words is a clue about how you judge or accept this aspect of reality.

why do the 'service to self' oriented beings tend to do the manipulative, seemingly evil and harmful, fear causing things they do? how do I as a seemingly others oriented being understand how a being can NOT seek love, connection, virtue and faith and still progress in spiritual polarity?
Perhaps it is not for you/me to understand but to accept that all are just lessons in the classroom we call the known universe. Talking of lessons, I gained a greater understanding of negative polarity by having catalyst that reminded me of when I lived a particularly negative orientated life. ( I sense I have had thousands of them :twisted: ) I had "defected" from that STS polarity in one particular lifetime (details not necessary in this case) and moved towards exploring the light. The way my life tapestry began to weave, I found myself in a circle of people of very negative polarity, but I was not able to see that at the time, as I was "blinded by the light" and refused to acknowledge/accept anything of dark/negative polarity. I ignored an inner warning, including my ability to literally smell STS energies. The karmic payback/balance these individuals sought was to take my life force. They did not succeed because in my blissful ignorance, my heart was open to them in an STO manner, so there was nothing for them to attach to in my sphere of influence. They were also aware that I have a sharp tongue and did not suffer foolish behaviour gladly, so they weaved around me.

At the time my son was 2 years old and they sought to get to me via killing him. They succeeded in sexually molesting him, but they did not succeed in taking his life in a sexual ritual of sacrifice to their STS masters. As you might imagine, a process such as this really focuses one's attention. When my inner guidance warned me of the probable outcome of this paedophilic behaviour, I swiftly removed myself and my son out of the rather large sphere of influence that had conspired to draw me to my death. Talk about having your world rocked!

Upon further contemplation, and the past-life memorie s coming throguh to help me understand the present dillemma, I understood the fuller story and why individuals I trusted with my son's life would behave that way. I also learned the dangers of not actively examining and trying to understand STS. To know, one must look at All. I refused to make a conscious and informed choice, therefore a default choice fell into my lap. For those of STS, love is control, manipulation and terror. So, more terror, control and fear is spiritual progress, indeed food for their souls.
It seems to me that if both are acceptable in the eyes of the creator, then I should see both as viable pathways and appreciate both polarities - but I don't and I have some deep seated biases and fears against the negative polarity because I don't want to be that, though I know that in view of unity, I am that and I own it.
If you own it, then you can find out what those deep-seated biases and fears are so they can be transmuted. Clearly in that life of darkness referenced, STS was a viable choice for me. This is a painfully great example of how memories of past incarnations assist in informing the present. In processing and working to transmute the righteous rage of a parent whose child has been sexually abused, I remembered lives where I had abused other-selves and hurt many children. I got an opportunity to feel the terror and pain of a group that had passed on sexual abuse through many many generations, with abused parents passing on the baton, by abusing their own children. After shaking with rage and fear, I learnt how to keep my heart open and send them love. I sent them love and lo and behold, they literally disappeared from the scene!. Very interesting as we lived in the same neighbourhood and I never saw any of them once in the 3 or more years that I continued to live in the same area. I accept this as Grace because I had much anger to transmute and maybe seeing the perpetrators would have been too much for me to resist smacking someone over the head or spiralling into some other form of STS violence.
Is it what one does with THAT knowledge that makes the serving others beings different from serving self? I mean that I can accept, right now at this moment, that there are parts of me that conced to being manipulative and controlling to get what I want they way I want it - but I don't see how that really activates the spirit.
Maybe you can't see how that STS behaviour activates the spirit because you have chosen the STO polarity in this life. Its not your cup of tea, but it is manna for those of STS. Your conscience perhaps alerts you when you veer off your chosen path by making you feel guilty. But if the guilt is not transmuted and accepted, it can became a block of sorts, where one constantly feels they are "not good enough". With honest examination, this guilt can be forgiven and thus the spirit is activated onto higher non-judgmental perspectives.
Perhaps my misunderstanding lies in the ratio of wisdom/compassion of spiritual beings - it makes sense to me that one would have to have a great deal of love and compassion to progress, to connect and understanding other beings and make a unifying relationship with them if possible. But wisdom seems as integral a part of compassion as it is of wisdom, so how can beings who are in appearance evil manipulators able to progress to realms of wisdom and so called 'higher' spirituality without that compassionate component?
As I understand it, if you visualise a spiral with energy moving in both an upward and downward direction, those of STS are moving downward and those of STO are moving upward. Wisdom has no polarity except that assigned to it, so if you are a high level STS manipulator, you are using the sum total of your spiritual wisdom to spiral into entropy. The opposite is true for those of STO. STS does not truly accept STO, but STO does accept STS as an integral part of One. There lies the difference from my understanding. Compassion is not a component of STS because it entails loving the "other". One can progress through the STS ranks, informed by the limiting judgemental wisdom of STS, so 4th and 5th density STS beings are indeed highly evolved and wise to the workings and of energy. They are the ultimate energy vampires looking for chinks in the STO armour.

Some are "blinded by the light". I often clash with some lightworkers because I speak my mind quite openly. This stems from their thinking that once one sees the light and works for the Light, then all thoughts of the dark must be banished from their knowledge base and sphere of influence. Some take this literally to the point of suppressing their emotional expression. To me, that is another form of denial, where people just wish to bask in a seemingly higher light, forgetting that duality is the essence of life on Earth. Being able to live with STS in others and ourselves, as we have chosen to in this realm, does not mean you are a cheerleader for it, and for me that means expressing with kind consideration, the full spectrum of one's knowing.

I have lost count of the number of times when offering a different point of view, I have been told that my vibes are not acceptable, and suggestions would be made about clearing my chakras etc. In reality, I think what was/is occuring is a non-acceptance of self/ other-self on the part of those seeing the mirror I consciously or unconsciously provide. The mirror evokes memories of something not healed, and as the reflector, you get the blast of their non-acceptance of All. Of course it is always a matter of choice which is fine, as this is the density of choice. It takes a certain level of understanding, then compassion, then wisdom to "neither blink at the light, nor the dark". I am by no means there, but like many, I am working towards that in my journey of accepting myself/All. Then again I could be totally delusional :)
I am a buddhist and so I beleive that wisdom and compassion are necessary to learn and integrate into the being - for me polarity is not love OR hate, its indifference or love/hate, and perhaps thats where the distinction lays...but how does hate become 'useful' or contribute to the usefulness of evolution?

I don't understand what you mean by indifference. That sounds like some kind of coma or emotional paralysis. If one is alive, how can one be indifferent? Hate as such is a wonderful mirror. In seeing how one responds to hate, or what one percieves as hate, one can guage where one might be in terms of acceptance of All. I have a neighbour who is very insecure about how much people love her, because she does not love herself. If I do not see her or visit her for a week or so, she assumes I hate her or she has done something wrong. If I disagree with something she says, she takes it very personally. I re-assure her, but this is her lesson, so I offer no advice. She is a Wanderer with a very high energy and is very sensitive to energy emanations, but she cannot yet distinguish what is in her sphere for healing, and what emanantes from other-selves. Thus, its a projection fest. Popcorn anyone?

Likewise, some other-selves are unable to accept Love. I live in England where there is a certain reserve about emotions, so this is a good playground to examine emotions. When hate or judgement is projected onto me, its a great test to guage how balanced I really am about my claim to accept All, and it also tells me something of the level of pain the other-self is seeking to heal through projecting onto me. If I react with a similar level of hate, then the entropic cycle gets fed and the STS masters rub their spiritual bellies on the ensuing emotional energy feast.

Standing one's ground in faith and honesty is not the same as being indifferent. Sometimes all one can do is stand still and let the hateful wave wash over you, sometimes one is able to gather themselves and also actively radiate their love to meet the onslaught. This takes time and practice. How can one practice if one won't even look at the STS aspect of self/other-selves?. I see a lot of lightworkers stuck in thier lack of acceptance of All, because they think being in the presence of what they construe to be negative will taint them forever somehow. This is pure unadultereated Fear. Yet it is running from transmuting that lack of acceptance within, that draws the negativity to them!. For me faith is key because it builds confidence and trust in the One Creator. Faith and understanding that there is great wisdom in working to "neither blink at the light, nor the dark". A very comic way of saying Love All.

Well I hope I made a case for my confusion at least a little. I am eager to read what you all have to say, if anything, and I value your responses. thanks!
Hope I didn't add to the confusion!. Thank you for asking a great, and for me "timely" question. Ok here we go....lets hope this post doesn't disappear into the ether.....


Love,


V
Love is All/All is Love\r\n\r\nWhat you are looking for is what is looking.\r\n- St. Francis of Assisi

User avatar
dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: missouri

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by dbeaman1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:18 pm

Adam and all,
As I said before, that part of me which is Q. has been greatly increasing her presence in my life, even more so since the gathering. However, if at any time, anyone does not want me to post her responses, please let me or Bear know, and I will stop at once. That said, here is her reply.

It is difficult to discuss a concept which in reality does not exist. For when one understands that all is One, one also understands there are no polarities, for One is all-encompassing.
It is interesting to observe beings expend so much energy in the attempt to understand that which is non-existent.
However, because you choose to focus your energies on this concept, by your focused intent, this concept appears real for you.
Therefore, as it is your creation, you would be best able to define it, as per your present understanding and level of acceptance.


Well, that's 'our' 2-cents worth, actually hers, because I'm still trying to understand it :lol:
oma

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3791
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:36 pm

Q wrote:It is difficult to discuss a concept which in reality does not exist. For when one understands that all is One, one also understands there are no polarities, for One is all-encompassing.
It is interesting to observe beings expend so much energy in the attempt to understand that which is non-existent.
However, because you choose to focus your energies on this concept, by your focused intent, this concept appears real for you.
Therefore, as it is your creation, you would be best able to define it, as per your present understanding and level of acceptance.
One must remember that from Q's point of view, the 7th density, she has already understood the lessons of the Law of One, and therefore the "one-ness" is obvious. It is a bit different from those of us down here at the 3rd density, looking up. We have yet to go thru that process of integration in the 4th thru 6th densities, and therefore no matter how many times "all is One" is said, we'll never "grok it" (as GhostCat says) until the time comes where we have experienced the Universe sufficiently to see it for ourselves.

And Q, I'll answer for you... "we've already been thru the 4th thru 6th densities, since there is no time." Yes, the river may already exist end-to-end, but that little, tiny boat floating on it still has to make that Grand Journey down the river.

Perhaps Q can relate some of the challenges she faced long, long ago, when the One-ness of things was not that apparent... it's always helpful to see how a successful entity got to be a success.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by Alluvion » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:05 pm

hi all thanks for the responses. This has helped me clarify: my issue is not that I am stuck because I don't understand one-ness, but its because I beleive , perceive and do my best to live the law of one that I get confused. I feel like i have to choose to be one thing or the other, rather than being who I am, dark and light all together and thats where my conundrum lies. I am not only wisdom, but also compassion - I am not only light, but also dark. I accept them both, I know i Need them both and I can't be without them. So how can I be either service others or service self? I know that according to the ra info, serving others would be the persective of beings ones light and dark sides, with acceptance which brings all into illuminiation, and that serving self is a focus on the 'dark' without that acceptance - and then the issue returns to, in me, a question of how one can know the truth of unity and be 'divisive', it just doesn't exist. Does one have to sort of 'go back' from unity and choose one or the other in terms of the paths?

one-ness is clearer to me than these split spiritual paths, because my path so far is replete with despair and joy and I accept both, but is that I don't revel in my despair and hate that I am STO? I guess at some levels I am rejecting this call to divide or name because it just doesn't seem accurate enough to the endless gradiations that actually make up people. Ra's lessons with the tarot included the information that all the archetypes exist within each individual, and once that is discovered then what happens is the conscious evolution of self through the architectural organization of these archetypes. Everyone has manipulative, controlling, joyful and honorable aspects of self - so how can we not accept and 'celebrate' everything as it is? I guess I am getting a loop of clever worry without really stepping back and making the issue center, which is kind of my hope with posting here that as objective parties you can reflect back and mirror whats going on behind me, so to speak.

My mind shifts to the examples of how the polarities interact in the upper densities, and that as STO accepts all things, even the manipulation and domination of STS they must regroup within the STO realms to regain that STO polarity and STS must do the same. It just seems odd that this would even need to happen in creation in the first place. Perhaps its just my 3rd density persona/mind conflicting against the mystery of things I don't really get ...

_A

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by Alluvion » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:07 pm

ok, so re thinking:

I know it comes down to power. Do I use my power to be of assistance to others in creation and so help myself, or do I use it confuse and manipulate them so that I control them - which devious, immature and certainly not enlightened, perhaps even 'evil'. Is that really the distinction?

_a

User avatar
dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: missouri

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by dbeaman1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:48 pm

Q. response
LoneBear wrote: One must remember that from Q's point of view, the 7th density,
we would clarify dimension. There are many densities within a dimension


LoneBear wrote:Perhaps Q can relate some of the challenges she faced long, long ago, when the One-ness of things was not that apparent... it's always helpful to see how a successful entity got to be a success.
We assist only when there is great need and concern for the welfare of the planet. We have always retained awareness of the One. However, in lending our assistance, we have deepened our emotional awareness.
In the physical form known as Quan Yin, the physical form was depleted at, what you would term a young age, 18 or 19 years. This was during a plague and requirments to maintain the physical body were not adhered to. Due to exhaustion, the physical form ceased to exist. We therefore learned , that when one participates in the illusion of physicality, one must maintain the illusion with apparently physical requirements, such as food, hydration, and rest.
When one participates in the game, one must follow the rules established for the game. The challenge then becomes maintaining awareness of the truth, that it is but a role we assume, with no basis in reality.
The remembering of this truth then, we would see, as being the next step for many.

User avatar
dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: missouri

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by dbeaman1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:49 pm

You know Bear, this brings to mind that dream you had, where you were playing a game, and trying to get to the top floor, so you could feed the monster. Then it disappeared.
It seems it's kind of like being on the holodeck, (I know that's not spelled right), but instead of being able to say, Holodeck off, you have to first remember it is a holodeck.
Interesting concept.
oma

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3791
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:09 pm

WarmSylph wrote:I know that according to the ra info, serving others would be the persective of beings ones light and dark sides, with acceptance which brings all into illuminiation, and that serving self is a focus on the 'dark' without that acceptance - and then the issue returns to, in me, a question of how one can know the truth of unity and be 'divisive', it just doesn't exist. Does one have to sort of 'go back' from unity and choose one or the other in terms of the paths?
Consider: the inverse of dark is light. And the inverse of light is love. Therefore, dark=love. How's that for a mind-blower?
WarmSylph wrote:My mind shifts to the examples of how the polarities interact in the upper densities, and that as STO accepts all things, even the manipulation and domination of STS they must regroup within the STO realms to regain that STO polarity and STS must do the same. It just seems odd that this would even need to happen in creation in the first place. Perhaps its just my 3rd density persona/mind conflicting against the mystery of things I don't really get...
There is a difference between "domination" and "acceptance". But what price do you place on physical liberties?

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3791
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:13 pm

WarmSylph wrote:I know it comes down to power. Do I use my power to be of assistance to others in creation and so help myself, or do I use it confuse and manipulate them so that I control them - which devious, immature and certainly not enlightened, perhaps even 'evil'. Is that really the distinction?
If you've gotten to "power", then you've conquered "fear."

Fear, Power, Knowledge, Clarity and Old Age. Man's best friends and worse enemies.

Don't worry, Dr. Evil, you'll do all of the above at one time or another, without realizing it. Just part of learning.

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3791
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:17 pm

dbeaman1 wrote:You know Bear, this brings to mind that dream you had, where you were playing a game, and trying to get to the top floor, so you could feed the monster. Then it disappeared.
It seems it's kind of like being on the holodeck, (I know that's not spelled right), but instead of being able to say, Holodeck off, you have to first remember it is a holodeck.
Interesting concept.
My favorite is a Star Trek, the Next Generation Episode. I think it was called "Ship in a Bottle", where Prof. Moriarty comes out of computer storage (from Data's first Sherlock Holmes experience) and demands they find a way to get him into "reality" off the holodeck. (BTW, you DID spell it correctly). They eventually trick him into believing that they succeeded, when they actually just transferred him into a portable holodeck unit so he could continue to explore the Universe. At the end of the program, Barclay is holding the unit, and discussing with Picard whether life was like Moriarty's virtual universe... then looks at the camera, and says, "Computer, end program." Then the credits roll.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:40 pm

the dark = love definatley gave me a laugh, and in terms of the unconsciouss I can see it. And I guess the lesson is that the unconsciouss appears evil at first because it appears and feels disconnected and without relationship, and the truth is love lies in the making of that connection. But how does the unknown portions of consciouss related to evil-hearted and harmful behavior in beings that HAVE individuated and done the work of the adept? I guess I equate love and wisdom as so necessary in one's Great Work that I don't really beleive you can actually progress and have a spiritual evolution if love does not truly enter your heart and so the world. It seems like I refuse to see the evolution of beings as leading towards towards everything but evilness - not that its only pleasurable fluff, but that the pleasent and unpleasent stand equal ground.

My real question is what is evil in the absolute cosmic sense? does it even exist? If its only relative then all is one and grey once again and so the choice is useless because we will be what we are either with more power, compassion and wisdom or less.

_A

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3791
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:46 pm

WarmSylph wrote:My real question is what is evil in the absolute cosmic sense? does it even exist? If its only relative then all is one and grey once again and so the choice is useless because we will be what we are either with more power, compassion and wisdom or less.
I asked that question, years ago, to a member of the Society of Stewards. The answer that I got was that "evil" did exist, but only in the sense that "evil things" are those free will choices that reverse the natural, forward-moving evolution of the Universe. Even STS entities are not evil in that sense, because they are still moving foward with the evolutionary process.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by Alluvion » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:34 pm

so evil = ignorant or stupid? so what the hell is the point of calling it "evil" if it consists of free will choices not to evolve which are not idealistic or beleif driven? To me it seems like choices like that are made by people ignorant of the choices available, ignorant of their own selves or who are immature enough to choose them. So they are not evil in the sense they a driven by a sense of evil, which is still confusing me, but driven by their own ignorance or immature choice not to evolve?

Perhaps part of my confusion lies in how we talk about polarity: is it a portion of the mind, or the body, or the spirit, or all? Here's a diagram of my thought:

unpolarized mind: ignorant (and we all start out unpolarized, so are well all evil?)
polarized mind: serving

unpolarized body: imbalanced (and imbalance prevents equilibrium and succesfful 'forward movemet, so is that evil?")
polarized body: balancing

unpolarized spirit: indiffierent (and indifference cares neither for nor about the love and the light, no action can occur which does not provide for 'forward movement, so is that evil?)
polarized spirit: loving/hating

so if we enter into this incarnation in states that are, by this connotation, evil are our previous 2 dimensonal states 'evil' as well? certainly this accounts for the dog-eat-dog reality of animal conscioussness, and the suffering and cruelty of ignorance of choice and living by instinct.


But if our evolution is a progression from these 'evil' states (which are negated by the princple that all is one, for they are not evil states but ignorant un-evolving states) towards 'good' states or evolutionary states (polarization) - how can we polarize back into unpolarization or evil? (consiering this diagram of course)


One thing in the ra material (its kind ofa mind blower to phrase 'the law of one...') that sticks with me is in the early sessions when ra states that they as entities which serve others wait for the call to service while those who serve themselves go to serve those without waiting, through the conquest of salvation. THAT i understand, but appears to me not evil but ignorant of the actual process of the world which is that entities evolve at their own pace and by their own choices and that most STO beings here tend to value this approach at first because they want to save the world....and while I used to feel like this my path has led me to realize, and perhaps its egocentric to think this is how it works for everyone, that I CANNOT serve others beyond what is asked of me. Once it moves beyond it doesn't preserve the purity of the service and degenerates the polarity of love/hate, balance and service involved. Perhaps I am over complicating it but I still haven't found the 'aha' statement or axiom they gets at the core of what my confusion is about...

i'll try an example:

i am being of service and I find someone who is broacasting signals about what emotional pain they are in. If I am service to others I must wait until they ask and conscioussly request my involvement, in the mean time I remain watching or unattached, empathetic and unattached but also uninvolved, and this preserves their free will and places the responsibility of choice squarely upon them. If I am service to self then I would administer advice, therapy or consoluation regardless of request because I think they need it or it would help them, so that I am serving them in the way that I think is best regardless of what they think - because they are unable in such a state to know what they need. And because I know they want the cessastion of their suffering I give my advice or information to pull them out of it.

Now usign that example I can see how the STo actions might be perceived as 'evil' because they are not jumping into the conflit of another being and making it all better. I can see how the STS actions might be perceived as good because they are acting on the a compassionate desire to end the suffering of another which is what all good citizens of the cosmos should do. But of course the STO actions respect the free will of another, honoring their pain while hoping for their pleasure. The STS actions do not consider the free will of the entity to be worthy of respect because that person is not choosing to end their suffering, and needs to be pulled out of it to be saved.

Typing that out seems to be helping me clarify this with in myself. A domineering person then behaves in a self serving manor because they aren't respecting the free will of the person. So how do STS entites evolve by respecting the free will of entities? I know this is a dense post and thread and I appreciate any responses!

_A

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Understanding

Post by Starlight* » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:43 pm

I'd like to share.

I was pondering on WarmSylph's concerns with those who lack compassion and yet are able to gain wisdom.

An opportunity to see the Creator's love of/in all. As the saying goes, it rains on the good and evil.

Intents can be pure and love in its true form. Perhaps a lesson in disguise. I consider it a treasure. Acceptance becomes easy and lesson is learned faster. Because of that, one can gain understanding and maybe even wisdom. Creator is truly generous. He gives courage to the weak, by giving them opportunities that inspire one to serve others.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share.

Love of One
Light and Love
Starlight*

PS Warmslyph, yes I mean from the heart. :D

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Re: Understanding polarity

Post by Alluvion » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:06 pm

Here's my line of thought based on info in the ra material:

the 5tyh density is the realm of 'wisdom'.
those who serve themselves gain in wisdom and go to the 5th density more so than the 4th.

those who serve themselves are manipulative and harmful to others.
those who are wise then are manipulative and harmful to others.
that does not compute!

Now consider the densities do not exist in a linear fashion, it doesn't not mean that those who operate with 5-th density beingness are better than those 'below' them so to speak. Rather they operate with a different set of active principles. Examining the tarot archetype "the Lovers" - its obvious that either path leads to the same unified destination, the difference being in the quality of walking that path. So if I choose wisdom do I choose manipulation and self service? If Ichoose compassion do I choose patience and serving others? why doens't it seem like I can choose wisdom AND compassion without choosing the manipulation of others and serving myself?

Perhaps I have to realize that some measure of self service is necessary, well duh of course it is, even the ra material gives some ratio's for that. So how does one embody compassion and patience with wisdom and control? I mean I can see situations in which compassion and wisdom are the driving forces, ie - patience and control are used like the two vessels in the 'temperence' archetypes - pouring into eachother, balancing and never emptying.

do those who serve others turn their wisdom inward and their compassion both inward and outward, while who serve themselves turn their wisdom inward and outward and their compassion inward? If they are inverses I would expect this. hmm.

thinking thinking thinking.

_A

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Understand our Creator

Post by Starlight* » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:50 pm

The high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in that high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts. For I will not fight against you forever; I will not always show my anger. If I did, all people would pass away- all the souls I have made. I was angry and punished theses greedy people. I withdrew myself from them, but they went right on sinning. I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them; and comfort those who mourn. Then words of praise will be on their lips. May they have peace, both near and far, for I will heal them all," says the Lord. Isaiah 58:15-19
Love of One
Light and Love
Starlight

Post Reply