Iron Sky

Discussion of Science Fiction motifs, symbols and allegory.
Post Reply
Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

Iron Sky

Post by Ilkka » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:07 am

Djchrismac wrote:It looks atrocious of course but Hollywood does like to hide things in plain sight...
I gotta make a little correction to this. Drop the "Hollywood" part, because the first Iron sky movie was made (directed) by Finnish guy and if I remember correctly from the news the same guy is behind this next one also. And I dont think that Hollywood has much to do with this movie, unless I am wrong of course.

Also I suggest for all you Star Trek and Babylon 5 fans to watch "Star Wreck: In The Pirkinning" movie its one of the very first movies from Timo Vuorensola, and he is acting in it as well, here is the link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472566/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_3 to see more about it, I assure you this is more funnier than "Iron Sky" even though it is spoken in Finnish language, but bear with the subtitles. I know that Hollywood likes to dub every foreign language, which I dislike more than anything in the whole world :D
Enjoy the Silence

User avatar
deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: The Vault of Heaven and the Pillars of Hercules

Post by deepfsh » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:33 am

Ilkka wrote:I gotta make a little correction to this. Drop the "Hollywood" part, because the first Iron sky movie was made (directed) by Finnish guy
... and financed by ... well, see the credits at the end of the movie. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in one of my older posts, in which I wrote a few things about this movie.

Thanks for posting about the sequel, DJ! It looks like a very probable "prophesy". They had white presidents, a black one, now they need a woman, and after that probably an "ET (Made in Earth)" to keep the people in a perpetual state of entertainment.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

User avatar
Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: The Vault of Heaven and the Pillars of Hercules

Post by Lozion » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Interesting timing and how the plot ties with a lot of subjects discussed here. Ilkka, do you know the director personally? He seems knowledgeable enough..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

Re: The Vault of Heaven and the Pillars of Hercules

Post by Ilkka » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:02 pm

deepfsh wrote:
Ilkka wrote:I gotta make a little correction to this. Drop the "Hollywood" part, because the first Iron sky movie was made (directed) by Finnish guy
... and financed by ... well, see the credits at the end of the movie. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in one of my older posts, in which I wrote a few things about this movie.

Thanks for posting about the sequel, DJ! It looks like a very probable "prophesy". They had white presidents, a black one, now they need a woman, and after that probably an "ET (Made in Earth)" to keep the people in a perpetual state of entertainment.
I thought for sure that Hollywood hadn't even financed it since they collected money from fans to finance it, at least the first Iron Sky. They spoke of it in this country I mean. Oh well, anyways no big deal for the rest of my life :D
Lozion wrote:Ilkka, do you know the director personally? He seems knowledgeable enough..
No I dont, but my friend did knew him, apparently my friend and Timo went to school together, I think it was film or art school. However, Iam not totally sure if it was him, I mean it could've been the other guy who is in that "Star Wreck" movie, gotta ask my friend about it just to make sure.
Enjoy the Silence

mongo
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: The Vault of Heaven and the Pillars of Hercules

Post by mongo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 pm

I think I've been reading too much of Miles Mathis. But, The Oliver Damien person seems fishy. No real bio that I could find which usually means the name is fake. Ikka, are you familiar with this person?

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

About Iron Sky

Post by Ilkka » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:11 am

mongo wrote:I think I've been reading too much of Miles Mathis. But, The Oliver Damien person seems fishy. No real bio that I could find which usually means the name is fake. Ikka, are you familiar with this person?
I dont know what you are talking about :D

I found this quote from wikipedia about Iron Sky. "In May 2013, Vuorensola announced that Iron Sky will have a sequel titled Iron Sky The Coming Race. He also mentioned that unlike the first film, this installment will be completely funded by fans via Indiegogo, with an estimated budget of US$15 million"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Sky

What does this mean is that it is going to be not from Hollywood influence in my opinion at the moment.
Enjoy the Silence

mongo
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Iron Sky

Post by mongo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:39 am

Oliver Damien is listed as one of the producers.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

Re: Iron Sky

Post by Ilkka » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:55 pm

mongo wrote:Oliver Damien is listed as one of the producers.
Yea, I see him on the list in wikipedia. I surely dont know, if it is his real name or alias, maybe he is a fan of the scifi and wanted to be part of it, financially or otherwise. I am sure that few other producers like Tero Kaukomaa and Samuli Torssonen were more than that to the movie, since those two and Time Vuorensola have been doing movies together, as I mentioned the "Star Wreck", all those above mentioned guys are in it.
Enjoy the Silence

Post Reply