Keep phpBB or convert to Drupal forum?

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

Do we keep the phpBB forums as a separate system?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Yes, keep them as is.
33%
No, move to Drupal forums.
No votes
No, we don't need forums, the main site comment option is enough.
No votes
Don't really care.
67%

Total votes: 3

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Keep phpBB or convert to Drupal forum?

Post by LoneBear » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:44 pm

I am in the process of updating the main Antiquatis site (yes, again!) to be more in line with the Sanctuary Project, and will be moving the Elder Race information to a separate research subdomain.

I would like to know if I should keep the phpBB forums (these forums), or convert over to the Drupal forums, which is less maintenance for me and is more integrated into the main site. An example can be found on the RS2 Theory Forum.

There is a utility to convert phpBB to Drupal, so all the existing information on these fora can be kept in the Drupal format.

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Keep phpBB or convert to Drupal forum?

Post by Starlight* » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:34 pm

I personally prefer phpBB. But, if you prefer to switch because it's less maintenance and find it more convenient, by all means it's up to you.

Starlight*

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Keep phpBB or convert to Drupal forum?

Post by Gopi » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:39 pm

I also personally prefer phpBB, but agree that it is better to have everything integrated into the main site for both utility and symbolic reasons.

One thing though, I was looking at why I preferred the phpBB, and it is more the way one can refer to all the previous posts while replying... look at "Recent Users" plus there is nothing distracting to the left of the page (other than the emoticons) as opposed to all the links which are generally at active when replying over Drupal. Is there a way add the feature of switching on or off the menu list to the left?

I enjoy replying here, but on rs2 it is a bit more "forced".
It is time.