RS and RS2

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.
MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

RS and RS2

Post by MrTwig » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Just wanted to know: How many have read all the RS and RS2 material? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

As for me I can say I have started to read "Nothing But Motion" and started other subjects but not finished anything as of yet.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: RS and RS2

Post by deepfsh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 am

MrTwig wrote:How many have read all the RS and RS2 material?
Me --> 0. But I downloaded (almost?) all its articles and books for a future study. I don't know what to do. Should I go back to high school books about physics/maths, Wikipedia etc. and then read the RS/RS2 (and maybe Mathis' science-related articles and books) or the other way around? I need some "fundamentals".

Batman, Robin, what would you advise me?

BTW, has Mathis made any comments about the RS/RS2? Is he interested, critical about it etc.?
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:55 am

MrTwig wrote: Just wanted to know: How many have read all the RS and RS2 material?
I think there are only one or two from the entire list at http://reciprocalsystem.org/ that I haven't read yet, a couple of the smaller, more mathematical ones that I find a bit too technical but have had a skim through.

When I first found out about RS2 I pretty much gorged myself on the information and read nothing but for a few months. I still go back to many of them and re-read them in the hope that things sink in a bit more, getting there but it's still tricky for my consciousness that is focused on the physical to properly understand the temporal but progress is made every day the more I read and learn. There are a lot of good analogies throughout the fora that help with understanding.

If you are fairly new to it, I would suggest starting with the following:

Preparing for the Reciprocal System:
http://reciprocalsystem.org/PDFa/Prepar ... 0Gopi).pdf

RS2-101 (to RS2-109):
http://reciprocalsystem.org/PDFa/RS2-10 ... Peret).pdf

The Simple Essence of Dewey B. Larson's Reciprocal System of Physics:
http://reciprocalsystem.org/PDFa/The%20 ... meela).pdf
Deepfsh wrote: I need some "fundamentals".
See the links above.
Deepfsh wrote: BTW, has Mathis made any comments about the RS/RS2? Is he interested, critical about it etc.?
As far as I know he has looked at it and Gopi has met him a few times to discuss it in more detail. I also contacted him in the past about it but he seems to be a bit caught up in his own charge field theory to properly consider it which I found disappointing. Perhaps Gopi can provide more info here...

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:32 am

Miles is interested... he was cautious in the beginning but is much more open to it now. I used both RS and RS2 concepts a lot while talking with him, and there wasn't any problem, as long as it was couched in the right language.

As for starting, other than Jameela's great work, please check out the presentations (video tutorials) put up on RS library website or RS2 videos on RS2 website. And any suggestions about improving them are welcome.

After getting an overview of some concepts, it might be better to delve again in detail into any one book.
It is time.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:11 am

Gopi wrote:Miles is interested... he was cautious in the beginning but is much more open to it now. I used both RS and RS2 concepts a lot while talking with him, and there wasn't any problem, as long as it was couched in the right language.

As for starting, other than Jameela's great work, please check out the presentations (video tutorials) put up on RS library website or RS2 videos on RS2 website. And any suggestions about improving them are welcome.

After getting an overview of some concepts, it might be better to delve again in detail into any one book.
Excellent, that's good to hear, thanks for the update.

I think if we could get a version of the video tutorials that had better sound quality (probably not much can be done with the visual quality) then that would be brilliant as I really enjoyed what I could watch of them but after a while I found the bad sound quality to be too frustrating to keep going with them. We discussed this a while ago on another topic but nothing came of it. I doubt Bruce would have time to re-do these, how about you Gopi, would you be able to record these again but with more up to date equipment and better quality audio/video?

Maybe our resident audio expert Lozion would be able to assist...

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:42 am

Djchrismac wrote: I think if we could get a version of the video tutorials that had better sound quality (probably not much can be done with the visual quality) then that would be brilliant as I really enjoyed what I could watch of them but after a while I found the bad sound quality to be too frustrating to keep going with them. We discussed this a while ago on another topic but nothing came of it. I doubt Bruce would have time to re-do these, how about you Gopi, would you be able to record these again but with more up to date equipment and better quality audio/video?

Maybe our resident audio expert Lozion would be able to assist...
Why not wait another year and try to make the RS more known in that time. And then, when enough people are interested we can start a croudfunding so people themselves can start projects like "RS for Dummies", "RS for Children" or online courses in this style including translations in various languages or at least subtitles. An RS-specialized encyclopedia would also be great. Actually it would make sense to start this encyclopedia right away so that you have a good foundation in one year or whenever people intend to start writing comprehensive tutorials.

b2t: So far I have only read daniels papers and the three links mentioned above. But reading through the many fora in AQ and CH is also quite revealing.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi all. All good thoughts above. I can assist with the audio side of work.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.