Are People Still Capable of Independent Thought?

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

Are People Still Capable of Independent Thought?

Yes, everyone is
13%
Yes, but only a small percentage of people
69%
Yes, but they choose ignorance
19%
No, I can't think about this question
No votes
I choose not to answer on the grounds that it would incriminate me
No votes

Total votes: 16

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Are People Still Capable of Independent Thought?

Post by joeyv23 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:55 pm
The real metaphysical is really the effect of my ethical control units in myself and circumstances upon time and space = consciousness/free-will.
You're missing something here. Don't limit this to only your ethical control units which lend logically towards free-will. There is also the exertion of control units outside of ourselves that influences us in a way that we can only really consider compulsory. Free-will alone doesn't constitute the totality of the active principle of our reality on/within us.
LoneBear wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am
I would like to know what I am doing wrong?
Nothing
Why are others not "sharing their maps" (research, knowledge, experience)? Is it a matter of choosing NOT to exercise independent though, even though the capacity is there?
[...]
I simply cannot understand why people withhold knowledge that can be beneficial to others. Has the world become that selfish?
[...]
Someone, please explain it to me.

Consider the current developmental level of the species. Given that most of us are archetypal humans, sharing the same general landscape, many may not feel that they have much of a different landscape to share.

I don't know that selfish is as fitting a concept here as perhaps complacency. I still find myself rooting around that within myself here and there. It doesn't really go away once we're programmed to be pacified and accepting of how things are. The trick is in reorienting and rerouting that inner energy devoted to acceptance of things as they are to the inverse function, a mostly non-existent thing within us, the driving spirit behind what I think you are missing in discussions in the forum. This goes back to the conversation we had on CH a couple of years ago about being at peace (passive) but there being a difference in peace as it's sold in our waking reality and peace that is active.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:56 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm
Consider the current developmental level of the species. Given that most of us are archetypal humans, sharing the same general landscape, many may not feel that they have much of a different landscape to share.
I guess all I can say is, TGIN.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

The Future

Post by LoneBear » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 am

I'm going to "come clean" on why I started this poll and asked this question. (And when I "come clean," I leave a ring!)

WHEN something happens to me and I am gone, what is going to happen with with Antiquatis and RS/RS2? Just "so long, and thanks for all the fish?" as the sites will no longer be maintained and will fail and/or fall into disuse, and all this information will be lost?

And what of the future? Who is going to take over as "headmaster" to keep new ideas and insights flowing, from the reciprocal nature of space and time? Can't be someone who won't post, or someone who will just regurgitate the existing information, like the Book of G'kar. "Put your face in the book..."

I am concerned for the future, because I am not seeing any indication that there will BE one, at least for Antiquatis and the Reciprocal System. Please prove me wrong.

tymeflyz
Discens
Discens

Post by tymeflyz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:03 pm

No, I can't think about this question {it enrages me}
i'm guessing I will be the only one to use this anwser ; [

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:52 pm

Here are the stats or 2017 (for the forum, not the main site):

Code: Select all

Visitors
Month		Unique	#visits	Pages	Hits	Bandwidth
Jan 2017	3,609	5,259	13,801	29,704	661.40 MB
Feb 2017	3,317	4,859	13,962	30,394	657.83 MB
Mar 2017	2,943	4,331	9,864	25,850	591.80 MB
Apr 2017	2,561	3,893	13,177	30,504	597.67 MB
May 2017	3,004	4,632	11,282	27,877	558.19 MB
Jun 2017	3,768	5,115	11,622	30,456	515.80 MB
Jul 2017	3,519	4,806	11,765	25,899	487.61 MB
Aug 2017	3,088	4,642	11,300	27,823	738.68 MB
Sep 2017	2,819	4,164	11,791	28,077	1.28 GB
Oct 2017	3,002	4,640	11,542	25,215	696.12 MB
Nov 2017	2,952	4,418	14,072	30,293	556.33 MB
Andrew wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm
The site is an extension of Bruce.
This site was originally my notebook--43 years of notes here.
Andrew wrote:
Just look at Bruce right here in this thread. "You guys may not be able to carry on everything I've done here. It's gonna go all to the fish. (All for nothing. :cry: )"
You should at least TRY to quote me properly... you've twisted the meaning of my statement, not to mention completely missing the reference to the last thing the dolphins said to the humans, before the Vogon constructor fleet demolished Earth to make way for a hyperspace bypass.
Andrew wrote:
The reality of the situation is that people 10-20-30 years ago were doing more work than we are now.
So, society is devolving... and at a very fast pace to get where it is in just 30 years. Perhaps 30 years from now, the dophins WILL take over. Maybe daniel should be writing papers for the L-Ms about humans... not the other way around! :lol:

I happen to like Mark Passio, because he engaged the false dark side and is exposing it for what it is--a joke. I've read Anton LaVey--thought his book, "The Satanic Bible" was wonderful--he had me rolling on the floor, laughing, at how easily people could be suckered in by this quest for pseudo-power.

The true Dark Arts are very different from what you see and read on conspiracy sites. It is nothing more than how to use power to control your environment. (You know... like the strategy of your reply to try to get me to build Hogwarts for you--yes, it is that obvious.)
joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm
That said, I don't think the site is lacking as is. I can understand frustration that people aren't actively engaging as they once did, but we're not them/then.
And that is the root of my issue here; if you do not engage the system, then you will never possess the knowledge--it will remain a "persona" experience that will die with the person. The difference between a wizard and muggle is that the wizard engages the system--the muggle watches him do it.

There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that comprise the dark arts. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition...

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: The Future

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 am

LoneBear wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 am
I'm going to "come clean" on why I started this poll and asked this question. (And when I "come clean," I leave a ring!)

WHEN something happens to me and I am gone, what is going to happen with with Antiquatis and RS/RS2? Just "so long, and thanks for all the fish?" as the sites will no longer be maintained and will fail and/or fall into disuse, and all this information will be lost?
I'm more than willing to help keep the websites going and will do anything to help ensure this happens. After all there is a reason why my path has taken me to where I am today with the skills I have learned, even if I have to start from scratch again with just the papers and RS2 into I would do so but with all the amazing work and information already here it would be an utter travesty to lose any of it.

I've been printing out hard copies of some papers in order to build an offline collection too. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help keep the websites going, they are the last, best hope for humanity in my opinion.

I image that Gopi and others will also be more than happy to continue your incredible research to prevent losing any of it.
LoneBear wrote: And what of the future? Who is going to take over as "headmaster" to keep new ideas and insights flowing, from the reciprocal nature of space and time? Can't be someone who won't post, or someone who will just regurgitate the existing information, like the Book of G'kar. "Put your face in the book..."

I am concerned for the future, because I am not seeing any indication that there will BE one, at least for Antiquatis and the Reciprocal System. Please prove me wrong.
It's a bit early to be doing the interview process surely? :D From what I can see you are on the mend and using your recent experiences to re-write medicine and use RS2 for answers, plus you have that good ol' neanderthal DNA, I would hope you are going to be with us for a long time yet.

If no more experienced or suitable candidates present themselves then I will do my best to be the new "headmaster" but I imagine there are a lot more people who would suit this role better than I do, but I am available regardless in case of such an outcome.

I envision it ending up more like a council of elders though, where a group of us work in unison to continue the magnum opus. Fear not, your work will continue to be shown to others and discussed as long as I am around to do so and i'm sure the other people here feel the same way.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 am

Posting from India thanks to visa work... took a while to catch up.
LoneBear wrote: I would like to know what I am doing wrong?
Why are others not "sharing their maps" (research, knowledge, experience)? Is it a matter of choosing NOT to exercise independent though, even though the capacity is there?
[...]
I simply cannot understand why people withhold knowledge that can be beneficial to others. Has the world become that selfish?
[...]
Someone, please explain it to me.
I don't think it is as much about "doing wrong" as it is about "doing different".

This is the medium of a forum, and like all media it has a life cycle. Initial posts serve to orient newcomers, later posts share more details. When I came on here, there was a lot more activity, and I also observed that the qualities of the posts changes with time, and the change of quality is what gave rise to the desire to organize the Root Gathering... it was time for the online forum to become more direct and personal. That naturally changes the dynamics as the energy changes, and more focus is put on the personal connections. One cannot expect a plant to keep giving leaf after leaf after leaf always: at some point it has to transition to a flower of some sort and bear fruit.
LoneBear wrote:And that is the root of my issue here; if you do not engage the system, then you will never possess the knowledge--it will remain a "persona" experience that will die with the person. The difference between a wizard and muggle is that the wizard engages the system--the muggle watches him do it.
Precisely. Even if it is a good medium, a forum is ONE system, and there is after all no rule that says Antiquatis = forum posts. There are several other systems which are equally, if not more, direct and engaged -- phone calls, workshops, books, conferences, setting up business plans -- and there may be many more I have missed here. This work is way too important to be restricted to any one particular system. As I was taught long ago: "Damn the torpedoes... full speed ahead!"

Forum statistics alone will give only a partial picture of all the efforts towards RS and Antiquatis, and may lead to biased conclusions about what is being shared.

So, we have had fora, and we have had a physical gathering. If there are other ways to take this forward which anyone here feels worthwhile, all I can say is: go right ahead!
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: The Future

Post by LoneBear » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am

Djchrismac wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 am
I'm more than willing to help keep the websites going and will do anything to help ensure this happens. After all there is a reason why my path has taken me to where I am today with the skills I have learned, even if I have to start from scratch again with just the papers and RS2 into I would do so but with all the amazing work and information already here it would be an utter travesty to lose any of it.
I will contact you privately with access information. Do you still have encrypted email, as I won't send username/passwords "clear text"?
Djchrismac wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 am
It's a bit early to be doing the interview process surely? :D From what I can see you are on the mend and using your recent experiences to re-write medicine and use RS2 for answers, plus you have that good ol' neanderthal DNA, I would hope you are going to be with us for a long time yet.
See personal forum.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

Gopi wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 am
So, we have had fora, and we have had a physical gathering. If there are other ways to take this forward which anyone here feels worthwhile, all I can say is: go right ahead!
Will do so! I am still working on my translations. And it is not only the RS. There is a bunch of other things that needed to be translated first because people are more inclined to read stuff that resonates with their orange thinking before they can open up to more bizarre topics.
I should have read the update on this thread first before sending a pm to Bruce half an hour ago... The pm was just about that. Mainly, my intention is to ease people into the RS. Take them from one lie to the next lie and so on, gradually shifting from orange to green to yellow. Your typical orange types are not going to be interested in near death experiences, reincarnation and stuff like that. But if they realize how today's scientists lie to their faces and have done so since decades, they might be more inclined to hear one out. My translation work will still take another year and I bet even by then I won't get everything done. But it will be enough to open the website and to share it with people outside of the Internet. Since it is starting with orange topics - and well researched topics at that - people can share it with one another without looking and feeling a lunatic. Due to Facebook, Twitter et al. mainstreamers are the fastest information spreaders. So once they catch on, overall progress should be much faster.

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 am

animus wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm
Your typical orange types are not going to be interested in near death experiences, reincarnation and stuff like that.
Sounds exactly how my little brother is when I try to explain these things to him. Needs something else to prove him wrong first and then give some more to chew on.
Enjoy the Silence