The end of human society

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

When do you believe that conventional human society (3rd density) will come to an end on this world?

I don't believe it will come to an end.
7%
December 21, 2012
7%
Within the next 10 years
21%
Within the next 50 years
50%
Upon entering the Age of Aquarius (next century)
7%
Far in the future
7%

Total votes: 14

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

The end of human society

Post by LoneBear » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:30 pm

There have been many predictions of the "end of the world" (at least for human civilization), from global ice disasters, meteor impacts, and the harvest into 4th density. Do you believe it?

OrderOfChaos
Discens
Discens

The "end of civilized human society?"

Post by OrderOfChaos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Firstly, I mean no offense, but I must admit I got a chuckle out of the combination of the words "civilized" and "society."

Secondly, those are the only choices I am offered in this poll?

Thirdly, every change brings about an end, as well as a beginning, of something. So, on the one hand, "the world will end for humans." But, on the other hand, "the world will begin for humans."

However, speaking solely of complete and total annihilation, it depends...
Embrace the Chaos!

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: The end of human society

Post by Gopi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:00 am

Welcome. Nice name, why not ChaosofOrder? :)

What other options would you like to be included over here?
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: The "end of civilized human society?"

Post by LoneBear » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:23 am

OrderOfChaos wrote:Firstly, I mean no offense, but I must admit I got a chuckle out of the combination of the words "civilized" and "society."
You're not the only one with that view. That is why I called it "conventional society". "Civilized" is certainly debatable! :)
OrderOfChaos wrote:Secondly, those are the only choices I am offered in this poll?
I've never tried to add an option to an existing poll, so if you want to make a suggestion, I'll give it a shot.

But there are some limits on the software. Maximum of 12 choices and it does not record how a person votes, so once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Though I can delete ALL the votes and restart the poll.
OrderOfChaos wrote:Thirdly, every change brings about an end, as well as a beginning, of something. So, on the one hand, "the world will end for humans." But, on the other hand, "the world will begin for humans."
Good point.

But are the French correct when they say, "the more things change, the more they stay the same"?

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: The end of human society

Post by Starlight* » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:20 pm

Hello OrderofChaos and all

Whose to say when it will end.

For an individual the end of the world can be at any time.

Starlight*

OrderOfChaos
Discens
Discens

Hmmm...

Post by OrderOfChaos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:20 am

Gopi wrote:Welcome. Nice name, why not ChaosofOrder? :)

What other options would you like to be included over here?
Danke, Gopi. And the reason for "OrderOfChaos," instead of "ChaosOfOrder" is partially due to my own amusement, as there is no such thing as Chaos. Within what is termed as "Chaos" is merely minute forms of Order, which has yet to attain a form perceived by the human eye as being "Order." Yet, simply because one cannot - or will not - see it does not mean that this is not precisely how it is. However, simultaneously, I am able to see the amusement in the reverse of the name, and I thank you for the smile and laugh.

As far as the other options that I would like to be included, pertaining to this question... Let me just put it as... "sooner"... Of course, this wouldn't be the "end of times," but rather a beginning of what is to be, so to speak...
Embrace the Chaos!