How do you Dream?

A place to conduct polls of the membership. Since voting on polls is a web-only system, there is no associated email list for this forum.

What do you normally dream about?

I do not dream or remember my dreams.
No votes
I dream about mundane things (work, school, shopping, etc).
10%
I dream about friends and family.
7%
My dreams are prophetic (events that later show up in the news).
7%
My dreams are stories (like TV serials or short films).
15%
My dreams concern personal development.
24%
My dreams are Epic adventures!
15%
My dreams are primarily scientific in nature.
5%
My dreams are primarily feeling-based and emotional.
10%
Other (please comment).
7%

Total votes: 41

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: How do you Dream?

Post by Alluvion » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Vishnu wrote: What I wish for is a better understanding of an absolute truth that I believe exists.
you want proof.

Raytrek
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Raytrek » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm

I identify culturally as Australian Aboriginal, as such "the Dreaming" is a huge factor in this. It is a case of dreams being a reality in itself, just not limited by the laws of physic that we live by in the waking reality. In cases it could be considered more real for this example: A rock in reality is not defined, scientifically, as life, though on sub levels one could argue it is dynamic, active and vigorous, but a rock in the dream is pure life eminating from the force of ones existence.
In my case my dreams are mostly exploring environment, rarely do I contemplate the self within them. It is a time I can escape thought, not do as I pretty much do constantly in the waking, which is thinking and feeling. I do have emotional reactions in dreams but for the most part they are not intense. It is more a gentle wonder, this is the best was to describe my dream life.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Raytrek wrote:A rock in reality is not defined, scientifically, as life, though on sub levels one could argue it is dynamic, active and vigorous, but a rock in the dream is pure life emanating from the force of ones existence.
That is a VERY good point. It would seem that the dreamscape is shifted up one dimension (no inanimate, starting with biological) because everything in a dream IS YOU, and it is your energy that is creating the dreamscape "hologram." The lowest structural form would be that of bioenergy, Qi. Which would also infer that everything in your dreams possesses a degree of intelligence, as Qi is "intelligent energy."
Raytrek wrote:In my case my dreams are mostly exploring environment, rarely do I contemplate the self within them.
Do you have interactions with contents outside of your dream self? As I have heard the Aboriginal dreamtime described, it is as though one is sitting on the front porch of heaven... analogous to "Platform 9 3/4" -- a place outside the accepted reality, yet not all the way to the realm of the gods.