Sanctuary Presentation Outline

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Sanctuary Presentation Outline

Post by Gopi » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:29 am

Hi guys...

This is the set of notes which I planned to start with for the Sanctuary. But just before that, I wanted to clarify one thing... would it be advisable to develop a presentation separately for Hogwarts' ideas? I can include some of it in this, but it would become too big and unwieldy for a topic such as education.

Background:
  • - Current situation: Rat race, “Vacation”, and Entertainment
    - Different Goals,( vMemes indirectly)
    - Different Roles, mostly force-fit
    - Explorations of alternative systems,
    - Position of Spirituality – organized religion or none at all
Things “needed”:
  • - Basic necessities, physical (with technological) and mental
    - Individual Freedom and Responsibility
    - Sustainable and Natural Surroundings
    - Sufficient human interactions (unlike cities with a large number of people)
    - Resources to establish such a place
Things to be “created”:
  • - The Option: A place for individuals to evolve consciously
    - A common purpose, with alternative routes (numerous cultural systems, individual systems)
    - Focus shifted from survival to growth, quantity to quality
    - Education as an opportunity for growth
    - Differences of color, gender, etc no bar – Must choose to join purpose of own free will (vMeme test)

The vision:

• - A sustainable system coupled with individual spiritual growth
    - The symbolic idea: Shangri-La
    - The connection between Ancient knowledge, today’s opportunities, and Evolving for the future
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Sanctuary Presentation Outline

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Knowing that people tend to remember the first and last things they hear (the forget the middle), it should probably start with a Vision, and end with a "how to accomplish it".

I'd base it on the three phases of the "incantation" formula... state what is lacking, what is needed, and implementation.

Vision... the song that introduces Lost Horizon starts, "Have you ever dreamed of a place, far away from it all? Where the air you breathe is soft and clean, and children play in fields of green,..." The first thing presented should iconify the concept.

What is Lacking... rather than complain about the current situation, list what lacks in the system that is problematic. This could be vMeme based, working up from Blue to Turquoise so a person can be psychologically carried up to higher thoughts.

What is Needed... how the listed "voids" can be filled.

Implementation... by filling the voids with the listed tools/procedures, how the initial vision is satisfied.

First step is to refine the vision and to discover if it is the same vision between us.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Sanctuary Presentation Outline

Post by Gopi » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Vision... the song that introduces Lost Horizon starts, "Have you ever dreamed of a place, far away from it all? Where the air you breathe is soft and clean, and children play in fields of green,..." The first thing presented should iconify the concept.
Can you send me a clip of that song? I'll see how to include it in the presentation.
First step is to refine the vision and to discover if it is the same vision between us.
I agree. My vision most closely matches the 2150 AD ideal.
It is time.