An introduction

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
Post Reply
User avatar
Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Contact:

An introduction

Post by Obzistian » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 am

Hello everyone, my name is Dean Propst and I live on the southeastern coast of North Carolina,USA.
I usually don't introduce myself on websites(as LoneBear can probably attest to), but I felt/thought
it would be the polite and courteous 'thing' to do at this point.
I have known about the 'Sanctuary Project' -although possibly under different names-for many years(at least 15), as LoneBear has mentioned these types of plans to me on several occasions.
I look forward to reading, learning and interacting with the thoughts, ideas and concepts on this
site and eventually meeting a few/some of you in person at some not to distant point in the future.

Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration.
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3695
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by LoneBear » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Obzistian wrote:I have known about the 'Sanctuary Project' -although possibly under different names-for many years(at least 15), as LoneBear has mentioned these types of plans to me on several occasions.
Welcome to the forum! We met a LONG time ago, back in the Society of Stewards days, with Fr. Tim.

Ever hear anything from the ole "Douglasville" gang?
Obzistian wrote:I look forward to reading, learning and interacting with the thoughts, ideas and concepts on this site and eventually meeting a few/some of you in person at some not to distant point in the future.
I'm sure Gopi can fill you in on the possibilities of "meeting"... not as remote as most people might think!

Good to have you around again.

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by Starlight* » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Hi Dean Propst!

And welcome aboard! :)
I look forward to reading, learning and interacting with the thoughts, ideas and concepts on this
site .....
And I look forward to yours --about this site's contents.


*******
Starlight*

User avatar
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Salt Lake City
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by Gopi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:41 am

Welcome Obzistian! And what does your handle name mean?

It is good to know that you have had some experience in the setting up the Sanctuary, as it is good to have all the background experience one needs. Feel free to share whatever you feel is relevant in the material.

And I can say from my experience that when the time is right, things just "happen", explaining my trip almost literally around the world, so that I can be closer to the physical place where the Sanctuary is planned to begin. If I describe the number of synchronicities (coincidences) that took place just in the past 3 months, it would be enough to fill a book! Sounds like your entry here is something like that.
It is time.

User avatar
Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by Obzistian » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm

LoneBear wrote: Welcome to the forum! We met a LONG time ago, back in the Society of Stewards days, with Fr. Tim.

Ever hear anything from the ole "Douglasville" gang?
Only one that has kept in touch with me was Brian Sallee, recently went down to visit him for a few days back in June.
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.

User avatar
Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by Obzistian » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Years waiting for a reply, but here goes:

Gopi wrote:
"Welcome Obzistian! And what does your handle name mean?

it means one who resists

Gopi wrote:
"It is good to know that you have had some experience in the setting up the Sanctuary, as it is good to have all the background experience one needs. Feel free to share whatever you feel is relevant in the material."

Out of the background to the forefront now.

Gopi wrote:
"And I can say from my experience that when the time is right, things just "happen", explaining my trip almost literally around the world, so that I can be closer to the physical place where the Sanctuary is planned to begin. If I describe the number of synchronicities (coincidences) that took place just in the past 3 months, it would be enough to fill a book! Sounds like your entry here is something like that.

To borrow a quote, if I may "It is time."

Synchronicities, Lonebear and I could probably expound on this ad infinitum.
and yes, I now wish to coincide.
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.

User avatar
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:58 am
Location: Salt Lake City
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by Gopi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:42 am

Glad for the response Obzistian...

I would love to know more about what happened with the Society of Stewards... LoneBear has filled in a few details, but if there is something that you could summarize, as what was learned from it, and perhaps some indication of what happened to the people involved. Seeing that it has been at the heart of the Sanctuary ideas, it might be good to be clear on it!

Feel free to pursue it on private fora if you want. Or heck, in today's age... even a phone call, if you prefer.
It is time.

User avatar
Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Contact:

Re: An introduction

Post by Obzistian » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:13 pm

It actually may be good to move this to my private forum. I will endeavor to respond there.
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.

Post Reply