Advantages and Disadvantages of a Monastery

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Advantages and Disadvantages of a Monastery

Post by LoneBear » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm working on my presentation for the Sanctuary project at the conference, and would like some opinions.

I am discussing the Monastery as a physical place, where devoted researchers can live together to explore and reevaluate all the endeavors of man, separate from "the system." Basically, a simple, self-sufficient community that has the resources (library, etc) to come up with new ideas on how to improve and evolve the spiritual aspect and consciousness of man. (No commerce at all, no systems of rivalry--people working in rapport towards the common goal of discovering what man is capable of.) This research will be published on the Internet, all public domain, for those that are interested in hearing about it.

What would you consider the advantages and disadvantages of the Monastery?

For me, the main advantage is that it provides a spiritual "pressure relief valve" for those that are interested in the non-conventional "education" they have been fed. Publication of new research can create positive change in people's lives (like the --daniel paper comments have indicated). Being a physical place simplifies communication and interaction--communication is much more than talking or typing.

The only disadvantage I see is "putting all your eggs in one place," making it an easy target for those that wish to suppress the evolution of humanity.

What are your thoughts on advantages and disadvantages?
4 8 15 16 23 42

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Re: Advantages and Disadvantages of a Monastery

Post by janto » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm

I'm glad you're asking this question, this is a subject on which I've been meaning to share an opinion with you. This post will be, perhaps, a little more philosophical than practical in offering a response to your question. However, this is how I've been considering the ideal of a monastery recently, so I'll share it as I can relate to it.

This post begins with a story. Which I will try and recall accurately, without revealing the person involved.

In the early 2000s, I was backpacking alone around southeast Asia, and at the time of this story, visiting buddhist sites with a travel guide in a major city of isolated Burma/Myanmar. I didn't know all that much about buddhism, nor was I particularly spiritual or even interested at the time, beyond just visiting and touring the many sites. But the young guide I'd met on the street, was a man who spoke fluent English, and alas, seemed to be wrestling with a personal demon of his own. Perhaps this was a reason we encountered each other. He seemed frail and weakened, which I first mistook for hunger, and was one of the reasons I'd hired him*, thinking I'd be helping him if he was genuinely trying to get by as a personal tour guide helping westerners.

( *Coming from a modern, western background, where abundance is the norm, it's rather difficult traveling in parts of Asia. Especially in situations where you're confronted with the reality, and guilty feelings, of having money, clean clothes, good medicines, and a full stomach, when many people you encounter live on the streets without shelter, especially children, with few means and opportunity, that use their situation to pull at your heart strings begging for money. This seems to be a universal phenomenon in under developed nations, regardless of controlling authority; monarchy, military, communist, democratic, etc. )

Later, at a Buddhist site that afternoon, halfway up the many stairs leading to the Wat at the top of a hill, the guide collapsed from exhaustion. With the help of a stranger, we helped him down to the pedal "cab" and took him to a local hospital. And a few hours later, now (barely) standing again, the doctor had simply told him to give up the bad habits causing him harm (negative self-defeating behaviors such as smoking terrible cheap burmese cigars, drinking, and not eating enough), and to rest, but couldn't otherwise do anything other than patch up his wounds. The guide didn't know what to do. Being dependent on earning his living as a tourist guide, couldn't afford to take a time out from the world, to nurture himself and recover from whatever was ailing him. We brainstormed what he could do.

Without clarity of a definition for his ailment, the only intuitive answer was to suggest he join a local monastery. This seemed a win-win proposition. It would be "free" for him to join, other than the cost of a robe and a haircut (shave). He could stay as long as he wanted or needed, though he estimated he would need 3 months to recover and become healthy again and drop his addictions. Since he had been a monk for a short time in his youth (a common practice in southeast Asia, spending a teenage year living as a monk), it was something familiar for him to return to. And in exchange for his food and shelter, he would help/work around the monastery, and have time to contemplate his issues by meditating in between, with positive, spiritual role models to guide him through. The more we talked about it, the more excited he became with the proposition. One could sense a positive uplift in his spirit.

But he couldn't afford to do it, so I offered to sponsor his fees. We went to a robe shop, to get him an appropriate monk dress. And then to a barber, where stunned, I watched a young boy shave his head, by holding a double-edged razor blade with his bare fingers sliding it front to back across his skull... I don't recall a last meal or not. Nor did we talk about his other absent "costs", such as rent. Perhaps he was freer than I in a civilized world?

I said goodbye to the guide outside of the monastery, for the rest was up to him now. Unfortunately, I have no idea what became of him. We didn't try to keep in touch. Email wasn't common yet, especially in Burma/Myanmar under strict military rule, where the only official way in or out of the country was by commercial flight. I left the next day to continue my travels, with only the memories of a smiling, revived spirit, to remember him by. I like to imagine, however, that things worked out, that he was able to make good use of his time at the monastery, and find a better, spiritual way forward to living his life, more appropriate for the sensitive, contemplative spirit inside him, than the shadow projection he was creating outside of himself.

So why am I sharing this story?

Well, because years later, I found myself in a similar situation as the guide. I'd been "flying high" on the career track, trying to make a professionally fast living in a difficult industry across Europe. And without going into details, after more than just a major "crash and burn", wound up defeated, and without light to guide me, asked for help to be rescued from a higher power. Long story short. Eventually, ended up back in the USA, searching for a desert monastery I could turn to, having found myself "expelled" by the powers from being able to restart a career on the west coast, and more or less guided to seek spiritual healing in Arizona/NV. Alas, there was no such monastery to be found there, at least, that I am aware of. I didn't find a suitable one, just a few great places to visit for a time.

After many consultations with various guides, finally ended up back on the east coast, completely broke, where I have extended family, and where I could "drop out" from the false world, and focus on healing the causes of numerous problems affecting my spirit, many of which were inherited, or imposed upon during childhood through previous lives, family, culture, norms, and even friends, which needed to be addressed at the root of their causes, and not artificially through false covered exterior means. I'd been avoiding this for a long as I could, for the fear of confronting the very people responsible for exasperating my condition.

One of the things that gave me hope to "come home", rather than escape from it, was discovering Daniel's papers on Soldier Hugs, and Walter Russell's The Secret Of Light, a.o. Whilst oblivious to its greater potential at first, it took a long time for the information to digest, step by step with new discoveries, enlightening hope of a new path forward. Over time, this led to Dewey Larson and RS2, Antiquatis, and so much more I couldn't begin to describe in short.

This group of websites and forums, became a "safe place" for curiosity, a form of virtual monastery, which I could access at will when I felt ready to take another leap forward, and continue to learn about subjects and theories which resonated with my being in a way physics and maths in school never could. Combined more philosophy, learning history by faith and religious perspective, reading numerous books, spending time in sunshine, meditating, untangling the past, changing diet, etc. In other words, doing what's been called the "hard inner work", has been paying off, year after year of ever more of continuous progress.

However, none of this would have been possible without the support of my family, despite their reluctance and frustration with the duration and challenge of undergoing such a process, and them watching me transform from the person they thought they knew and wanted me to "become", to the real person hiding behind it all along, revealing ever more light as the spirit regained ground against a formerly powerful shadow... My spirit won!

I've also since met a few people, some mothers of deceased sons or siblings, who shared with me their stories of children struggling to develop properly into adulthood, being consumed by addictions and their own shadow creating self-defeating behaviors, presumably for lack of spiritual grounding and honest foundation upon which to build a positive life from, as society moved away from the father as God and replaced our spiritual nature with deceptive regulations controlling behavior instead. My own father believed, I was lost, but didn't make an effort to save me. I don't think he knew how, given his own troubled history with his father. So, I had to save myself, and consider to be one of the lucky ones. A survivor, I've been called.

I also mention the story of monasteries in SE Asia, because over there, monasteries are a part of everyday life in societies. Many people spend part of their lives in the monastery, pursuing a spiritual education, and practicing meditation. Sometimes a year or many more at a time, there's no stigma attached to doing so. And when not, many people give a part of their wages in support of the faith, monks, temples, etc. Socially, people prepare food and donate it to the monks every day for their meals in exchange for blessings and prayers. It creates a symbiotic relationship between the public, where the public feeds the monks and provides support for their continued spiritual development, whilst the monks provide the public the service of spiritual wisdom, nourishment, salvation, and a safe place for assistance when they need it. There is much you could learn from the public/private interactions of monasteries there, relating to how you setup yours, given how they thrive and survive. Wouldn't ignore the fact they've been successful for centuries and more.

I will add, despite writing so much about it, that I didn't find my spiritual freedom through buddhism. Breathing and meditation certainly helped, and I use these techniques regularly, but those weren't the crux of the issue. Buddha could only help me so far...

In short, if such a "real world" RS monastery existed now, figuratively, such as the ones in Burma/Myanmar, Thailand, etc where I could probably "check in" for an unrestricted time, to continue my healing, learning, meditation, and spiritual progress, I would consider it. Ideally under sponsorship, being able to rightfully volunteer to contribute in freedom, without the burdens of restricted imposition as a consequence of long-standing issues which had never been prior addressed, rather than face the uncertainty of an unknown future "making it", especially starting from scratch, in the artificial real world of power from which I violently crashed out of with trauma. However, there is also a need not to lose touch with the reality of the society around it, no matter how strong the desire to detach from the system entirely. Not to mention just how difficult it is to do everything yourself, without relying on the ease of acquiring materials and technology from, again, the very same system you want to detach from. Would you rather focus on spiritual and RS evolution, or spend all your time maintaining the monastery?

I've met Americans and others on islands in Asia who were certain they'd had enough of society once and for all, and decided to call it quits, and live in bungalows in a tropical jungle on a beach. They were convinced they were free. But in reality, they weren't. All they were doing was escaping from facing what they couldn't change, in most cases, I would propose, because they refused to face changing themselves. So they pretended to be free of the system, hiding in isolation far away, in the closest manifestation of paradise they could afford to imagine. Only, they were still dependent on the very same system for their finances to provide a means of paying for their stay/lease, food, etc, despite the cheap prices there. Not to mention, travel for visas, health insurance, and visiting relatives once in a blue when they would finally return to the USA. Anyway, I'm getting off track.

In between here and there, are several thousand miles, practical costs, and only an idea for a destination, waiting to be built. But ideas are something I am rarely in short supply of. Rather, the translation to practical reality is something I have yet to work out how to magically realize.

Things aren't so simple today, like they seemed yesterday.

Despite having reduced my life to a practical minimum, it still isn't easy to take such a step.

For now, this "virtual monastery" serves me well. I'm grateful to Bruce for all of his effort, and everyone who participates to make it what it has become. I've learned a great deal since first reading about it.

Whilst looking forward to, in appreciation of, and thanks, for Daniel's next paper, thought I'd share these thoughts for once out loud, and not in the silence of wishful space.

Ps. Fyi - I highly recommend reading the following travel diary (scroll down past the intro) by theosophist and astrologer Phillip Lindsay, on the sheer difficulty of traveling in spiritually rich, but materially poor developed lands. It paints a very real contrast between spiritual idealism and modern practicality.
http://esotericastrologer.org/origins-o ... el-1-1992/

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:06 am

If I understand what you are relating, the community supports the Monastery and the Monastery aids the individuals to heal/evolve themselves to become an effective part of the community? That is a very effective positive feedback loop.

I believe that seclusion is necessary as a shield to bureaucracy, not the public. That is why I originally envisioned Antiquatis as a publisher, with the resources necessary to document (through multimedia) all the discoveries and techniques made by Monks, so they were available to the public--not just corporate interests.

It would be nice to have community support, which could have been done back in the 1950s here in the States... but it won't work in "civilized" societies today, because the financial stranglehold is just too tight. Of course, a self-sufficient Monastery would provide a surplus that could help the community, in both physical, emotional and spiritual needs. That might release some of the stranglehold to trigger that positive feedback loop.
4 8 15 16 23 42

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 pm

If I understand what you are relating, the community supports the Monastery and the Monastery aids the individuals to heal/evolve themselves to become an effective part of the community? That is a very effective positive feedback loop.
You got it. It’s not perfect, of course, and can lead to stagnation. But that’s basically how it works in SE Asia.
I believe that seclusion is necessary as a shield to bureaucracy, not the public. That is why I originally envisioned Antiquatis as a publisher, with the resources necessary to document (through multimedia) all the discoveries and techniques made by Monks, so they were available to the public--not just corporate interests.
I hear you.
It would be nice to have community support, which could have been done back in the 1950s here in the States... but it won't work in "civilized" societies today, because the financial stranglehold is just too tight. Of course, a self-sufficient Monastery would provide a surplus that could help the community, in both physical, emotional and spiritual needs. That might release some of the stranglehold to trigger that positive feedback loop.
Unfortunately the stranglehold is going to be there for a long time, the progressive secularists have really screwed things up since the late 1800s, and unless people vote ineffective immoral leaders out of office, invite God into their lives, and detach their finances from international politics, I don’t see any relief coming… You might be better off applying for funding grants or finding a sponsor.

There is one conflict with yours and the Asian model, in that the monasteries over there don’t provide or supply their own food, for example, rather it’s the people in the community who feed the monks, by donating their own prepared or purchased food, usually daily as a morning/evening ritual, but some days the monks may go without. Here’s pictures of what I mean. The monks have their own food “can”, which gets filled with various items. Have a look:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=monks+receivi ... &ia=images

This builds a trust between the public and the monks, for the monks are “dependent” for their survival on the good will and spiritual well-being of the people who reliably bring them food every day (given godless people wouldn’t stoop to doing such a low activity for people of God), and in return, the people receive the spiritual nourishment through blessings, guidance, and prayers, which are acquired through study and contemplative meditation, by those building up their spiritual “shen” if you will. Eg. Rather than go to a psychologist or take medications, folks might seek out the advice and wisdom of a monk who can help them find their own answers to their problem, as many conditions are spiritual by nature. This works quite well in many cases.

One alternative suggestion you might consider, is to invite researchers who study, farming, vegetation, and food, to “live” in your monastery for an extended period, learn wisdom from the RS at the guidance of “the elder researchers”, which can be directly applied in a controlled environment, to returning produce to an original, natural, and maximized state for example, or even better, to grow the most incredible fruits imaginable thanks to a better understanding of seed and elemental interactions. In return, all the delicious produce gets eaten by everyone over the course of their stay, and frozen for winter. But for that you would need greenhouses and land.

Part of the difficulty in realizing any of this to a greater community, would arise from the idea that you feel better off isolated, to freely experiment, rather then get caught up in politics, which would require considerably more attention to attend over time, and can easily ruin the good thing you already have going for you. Right now, for example, you have a limited audience, but if you suddenly received media attention from a discovery, and tomorrow a hundred people showed up interested in learning about RS from you as their mentor, well… Things go downhill from how you’re comfortable now in a hurry. Monastery or not, you’re probably not prepared.

You’re also quite fortunate to live in a remote State, with little “interference” from others imposing themselves (I would think).

What I’m wondering is, who is your real community now? Here’s my impression, please correct it:

My feeling is that it’s a small, but “organic” group, spread out in the world of space, who happen to find each other when the need arises for them to, but are locally attracted in time “virtually” thanks to the internet, that share a common “wavelength” of thought pattern recognition, or specific knowledge and understanding, like an insight, or perhaps share an ideal for vision on the horizon of curiosity, for what could be achieved on a global scale by unlocking the potential of RS2’s research, making progress by applying its revelations through applied principles enabling divine consciousness to emerge in balance with the world of nature, not against it.

The big key, is in people arriving here to this connection through your internet portal, unless you’re inviting them using telepathic techniques I’m not aware of. ie. People will find it, if and when they’re meant to. Well, isn’t that already the “perfect” kind of isolation? You’re already in complete control of the portal. The only question is, how to make it function in the real world as well? For those you consider your friends, build a local community around them, feed your own and their soul, you don’t need to expand it to all of Earth.

Think of it this way, you or Daniel have mentioned how you want people to do the work for themselves, to study, learn, and share with the community. Isn’t that what everyone through the portal is already doing? At least, that’s what I’ve been doing (learning), through yours, and other portals as well. You’re sharing your knowledge and discoveries, and I’m attracting knowledge and discoveries which are suited for my own growth in consciousness right now. Certainly, I have a lot of catching up to do to reach your level of understanding, and may never get close, even if I spend a lifetime in study. But what more could you want than making an effort?

What about organizing an intensive “summer camp” for RS2 researchers and interested participants? Find a suitable location, like a derelict camp where its ok to break things in the name of testing a theory, and a willing sponsor or owner, for example someone with a ranch, land for growing food experiments, and facilities suitable for installing scientific equipment borrowed from a university that closes for the summer, install temporary facilities in a barn for showering, WC, etc. You’d need large/adequate kitchen facilities and enough food budgeted. Setup a quiet area strictly for spiritual rejuvenation, contemplation, meditation, etc. Make rooms available for classes that can run all night. Package the whole thing as a Summer University In Motion, where everyone’s goal is to learn how to “SUIM”. Hire some security and insure the thing… Overall costs would be split amongst attendees on a weekly basis, with purchases for experiments voted on each week by the participants, etc. i.e. make it continuously evolving. Invite retired professors to teach maths and science for those struggling with the more advanced topic concepts, and invite healers and divinity teachers to instruct on moral fundamentals and histories through the eyes of various faiths… I think you get the idea. To facilitate a place where one can create motion between the space of our material world, and the time of what lives in the spiritual beyond, and explore. All the while encouraging deep and focuses study groups, to push their understanding to new profound depths. If this ran for a month every year, everyone would learn more in those weeks than they would on their own or in a monastery for an entire year. You would need a lot of help setting it up, I think. Of course, I know that’s a little ambitious. And maybe would be best to simply focus on the science or spiritual aspect… And perhaps the Ranger gathering is sowing the seeds already.

Buddha says, all is but a state of impermanence. So why not a temporary monastery in nature for a summer, working together with locals to arrange it? (It's convenient that Buddha lived in a tropical climate, he didn't have to worry about cold winters.)

Alternatively, in going beyond locality… Is there an existing, perhaps virtual or “meme” of a community which could be in a position to support your evolution, and theirs, as a reciprocal, collaborative effort, united through greater online interaction and more direct local contact through ISUS? i.e. A community with whom you could build a reciprocal and mutually supportive relationship? For example, a community of spiritual people looking for a better understanding of science as a divine form perhaps, who have an established following curious for answers? Or a community of (young or retired) scientists, looking for spirituality, but are afraid of accepting God as a literal interpretation, but who have funding and facilities that can be used for RS research?

I don’t think what I’m suggesting will be of any help without being more specific, but am rather encouraging you to consider a wider potential, if you were to go “beyond the spectrum”. Perhaps that a movement of established, like minded interests, seeking to co-operate in a similar manner as you do, but who may be coming from a slightly different background, which you might not otherwise consider, that may be in a position to offer you the kind of support you would require to truly “make this happen” without concern the bureaucracy would entrap and derail you, or require you to isolate yourself completely. Just a few thoughts...

Billy
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Billy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:05 pm

"What would you consider the advantages and disadvantages of the Monastery?"

In my opinion, having all of the eggs in one basket can also be seen as an advantage, as it puts all of these well-intentioned people in one place, free to interact, to discover and share together, working towards a simple yet profound goal. Such a place can serve as a beacon of light, and perhaps even a model -- laying down footprints for others to follow. It could serve as a human 'Agartha', that 'rebel base' of operations. Without a base of operations of this nature, it makes it much more difficult for individuals spread across the world to effect the type of change of which we are speaking, i.e. the evolution of human consciousness, and the many as yet unknown results that can come of this. I agree that it could be a target for those who do not wish to see such a place come into being and evolve. Inevitably, all involved in laying the foundation for the Sanctuary would need to anticipate such attacks; and be prepared to respond in an appropriate manner.

One of the things of which I wonder is this: HOW exactly will the current mainstream societal model continue to develop? How much longer can things continue on this current trajectory? When will nature say, "enough"? I don't believe that anyone has that answer, but I do feel that it bears thinking out, as I fully agree that a Sanctuary of this type will be a haven for others to seek refuge. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, most people are content and comfortable living under this totalitarian lunacy, and they can become quite combative when presented with an alternative; particularly one as simple as that of a society that lives by the mantra "be kind". Aaron once stated that things are going to have to get a lot worse before people begin to break their programming, shake off the fog, and begin seeking out the truer natures of existence (which is what led me to Antiquatis and Conscious Hugs in the first place.) In a certain way, (as yet I cannot define), I'm thinking that the current trajectory of society may have an impact, direct or indirect, on the development of the Sanctuary, i.e. major global events may impact it in as yet unforeseen ways (again, good or ill as yet undefined; merely unforeseen). Does that make sense?

In regards to Janto's comments concerning the sharing of resources and/or ideas with other communities: These movements to create a new way of life are springing up all over the world, but what must be considered here is that the scope of that which has been shared in the --daniel papers covers more ground than any other such effort that I have yet seen. Daniel was a part of something that provided him with a glimpse into a world that few seldom see; a world that is far outside of the scope of most peoples' realities. It is so incredibly frustrating to know that the true workings of nature are being co-opted and hidden from sight. Researchers with noble intentions must be free to explore the ideas heretofore been put into practice by independent engineers such as Schauberger, Tesla, Keeley, Moray, Dollard, the scientists at ISUS, etc; and to share these ideas freely with others. It gives me pause to think of new energy devices such as these being fully developed, because I wonder what might happen were the scientists sharing these ideas actually to say, "Here is how this works. Here is how nature works. Here are the blueprints. I want no monetary gain nor fame from this. It should be free for all to use, because it is part of a greater vision for humanity." Before such would happen,I would think there would need to be a fundamental shift in the way people think (which of course, publications coming out of the Sanctuary would be aimed at doing). Otherwise, we've got a world of people lining up for the latest Christmas toy, shoving and pushing to grab one.

I know that I have mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here: Last year, I got the chance to visit the grounds of the Gesundheit! Institute in West Virginia to meet Dr. Patch Adams. The community that Dr. Adams is building is very unique in scope, as its central theme is that of providing free health care to the folks within the local community, and to serve as a new global model for health care, i.e. redefining it as one of the most basic and fundamental of human rights (it strikes me as completely absurd that we are even having such a conversation in the first place). The grounds of the Institute itself are situated on 321 acres of pristine wilderness land, located one hour from the nearest town. I visited because I wanted to see for myself what was happening there, and because I was searching in life (development of the land has progressed, and the Teaching Center is nearing completion. The next phase is his dream: A full 40 bed hospital). Methods of health care and healing from throughout would be shared openly and freely within this community. The gardens provide food to those on the land, and the entire place would be one where fun, laughter, silliness, and wisdom would all be shared as a means of providing people with a haven to rest up from the ills of a badly broken society. Dr. Adams himself travels a great deal, and is in contact with a great many others who have themselves been very involved in other such grassroots efforts the world over for several decades.

Having said this, I brought with me to the Institute a copy of --the daniel papers. It was my intention to feel out Dr. Adams, to see if perhaps it might be appropriate to share this with him. After a week on the grounds, the conclusion that I came to was, "no, it is not. He is not ready for this, and would, I feel, experience cognitive dissonance from reading it." Now, I could be COMPLETELY wrong about this; and I have not yet closed that door, as I still feel that, presented in a proper way, (i.e. the presenter being ready to answer, in an intelligent manner, a slew of potential questions), he (Dr. Adams) is the type of person who may in fact be open minded enough to not dismiss so much of this out of hand. I think that the same might go for others whom are working towards similar such efforts: They may be open to reading this, to knowing and learning about the community, but there must be representatives of the Sanctuary, as well as experienced proponents of Larson's work, prepared to answer the many questions that would come.

This is all to say that I'm just not certain how much support would come from other such communities; at least initially. The moment the topics are broached concerning genetic manipulation by an off-world race, the existence of the LM's, and a new model for the atom, I'm thinking that most other communities might raise an eyebrow. In its infancy, I believe that individual's from other self-sustaining communities will be visiting the Sanctuary out of a sense of overwhelming curiosity, and out of a desire to know more; particularly once they take notice of the fact that the folks living and doing work there are not half-crazed, drug induced Grateful Dead holdovers.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of these conversations, and the actions that follow...

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Billy wrote:Without a base of operations of this nature, it makes it much more difficult for individuals spread across the world to effect the type of change of which we are speaking, i.e. the evolution of human consciousness, and the many as yet unknown results that can come of this.
You reminded me of the reason why physical proximity was important--it is analogous to the gravitational limit. Each object has a field that extends around them, the etheric projection of their soul. The planet has one, as well. In the RS, everything wants to fly apart at the speed of light--entropy increases. Molecules defeat this entropy because atoms become physically close enough so that the expansion between them is nullified and inverts--what was pushing apart, becomes pulling together. But it does not cause collision--that outward progression is always there, so it finds a point of stability, atoms in orbit around each other as a molecule. The moon around the Earth works the same way, as do the planets around the sun.

Life is no exception; people form "molecules" as well, we just call them "spouses" or "families."
Molecules can come together in aggregates, rocks and stuff, or for life, social collectives. This is natural law and the basis for psychology.

But it requires physical proximity to happen. The Internet is a wonderful information tool, but it has the side effect that is similar to vaporizing rock--people can only interact on a "mind" level, creating emotional and spiritual isolation. This goes well with the materialistic mindset, because only that single dimension of Ego can be fully expressed in the 3D coordinate system. Humanity has become a "gas," so to speak, molecules bound by the Earth's field of influence, but separated far enough from each other to not form any other bonds. The ultimate "divide and conquer," with the catalyst being analogous to chemical heat that vaporizes stuff: fear, anger, and hopelessness.

If you want to grow a crystal, it has to start with a seed--a few molecules that define the structure of the crystal on which it can grow. That is the need for physical proximity--to "crystallize the ideas" in the sense of becoming clear, but not into a frozen state--more like a "liquid crystal" that retains its structure, but the atoms are still free-willed to move about.

It works the same with life, as Nature demonstrates. Those within the ambit (biological gravitational limit) of others tend to create positive feedback systems, for the health of the organism. The Sanctuary would be to develop that seed and encourage growth. Cannot be done, virtually, any more than you can separate a tree from the soil, water and air.
Billy wrote:Inevitably, all involved in laying the foundation for the Sanctuary would need to anticipate such attacks; and be prepared to respond in an appropriate manner.
I can tell you from experience that the attacks tends to be psychological, not physical. Waves are created from opposition to flow, and when you buck the system, it creates waves--and the resulting light and sound that attracts "temporal" attention. You can almost always tell if you are on the right track, because things DON'T go smoothly--those waves attract "compensation," to bring the non-conforming pieces back into the collective. Gopi got his first big lesson in this with setting up this gathering of people.

You have to be aware that this things are a "natural consequence" of walking the Path and cannot be avoided--but can be brought under conscious control by understanding what is going on. It is like a test that the Universe gives when you decide to step out of the Matrix. And the test is to realize you are being tested. Once you do, the test is over. (And you can almost always tell when someone is being tested, because there is a psychological inversion that occurs--support turns to disdain, usually directed towards those that aren't turning back. They become like Tokyo Rose during the World War, "Give up boys. You haven't got a chance against our superior forces." But consider--Japan lost.)
Billy wrote:One of the things of which I wonder is this: HOW exactly will the current mainstream societal model continue to develop? How much longer can things continue on this current trajectory? When will nature say, "enough"? I don't believe that anyone has that answer, but I do feel that it bears thinking out, as I fully agree that a Sanctuary of this type will be a haven for others to seek refuge. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, most people are content and comfortable living under this totalitarian lunacy, and they can become quite combative when presented with an alternative; particularly one as simple as that of a society that lives by the mantra "be kind". Aaron once stated that things are going to have to get a lot worse before people begin to break their programming, shake off the fog, and begin seeking out the truer natures of existence (which is what led me to Antiquatis and Conscious Hugs in the first place.) In a certain way, (as yet I cannot define), I'm thinking that the current trajectory of society may have an impact, direct or indirect, on the development of the Sanctuary, i.e. major global events may impact it in as yet unforeseen ways (again, good or ill as yet undefined; merely unforeseen). Does that make sense?
As we've talked about a lot here, Nature IS the evolution of consciousness. As Fr. Tim often told me, "do you want to think it, or feel it?" Nature will do what it needs to evolve consciousness, and it is your choice. Humanity, as a collective, has chosen "feel it." In other words, things have to get SO bad, the situation becomes intolerable and MUST be changed. Sanctuary is "think it," let's work to evolve consciousness by pulling ourselves forward, instead of being pushed from behind. But there can come a time when entities (not just people) stop "feeling it," and that is when you get extinction level events, as they interfere with both processes to the point where that evolution stops, or begins to degenerate.

Over the course of my life, I have watched humanity's massive potential transform into destructive, careless materialism. And it did not take very long... it is tied directly to industrialization, the new "church" that everyone worships at, and tithes to for bargain items.

The willful, conscious destruction of the environment will eventually force Nature to act. When, where, how... don't know. But I do know that Nature also protects the newly born in various ways (like placenta sacks) to give it a chance--and that includes the birth of a new species of humans, homo sapiens ethicus. For those that have read my personal forum, Nature has intervened in my life on many occasions, so I don't need "faith"--I have all the proof I need of that reality.
Billy wrote:Otherwise, we've got a world of people lining up for the latest Christmas toy, shoving and pushing to grab one.
That is EXACTLY what would happen, if the Sanctuary project was "public." That is why I like the Shangri-la approach--it is there to find, when someone needs it, and on occasion an invitation to join would be sent. Synchronicity happens, and most of the people here are here because of it. It is a very useful tool.
Billy wrote:This is all to say that I'm just not certain how much support would come from other such communities; at least initially. The moment the topics are broached concerning genetic manipulation by an off-world race, the existence of the LM's, and a new model for the atom, I'm thinking that most other communities might raise an eyebrow. In its infancy, I believe that individual's from other self-sustaining communities will be visiting the Sanctuary out of a sense of overwhelming curiosity, and out of a desire to know more; particularly once they take notice of the fact that the folks living and doing work there are not half-crazed, drug induced Grateful Dead holdovers.
What I've spent my life doing is a "reevaluation of the human condition," not any specific field. I use a specific field, RS2, to provide the core concepts to communicate these reevaluations. Look at conventional science, no two fields use the same basis of communication. There are no "maths" in psychology, no common sense in physics, and astronomy is just totally "out there" on its own. Yet, if you read the daniel papers, all these things are talked about and communicated exactly the same way, using the Reciprocal System. And when you do that, patterns show up that are otherwise invisible.

Other communities that I've researched have a tendency to focus on one, specific concept. In Dr. Adams case, it is the hospital. Other concerns are secondary, if present at all. It is actually a programmed agenda known as The Law of Triviality, resulting in the death of the Renaissance Man (now trivialized as a "polymath.")

The modern term is "bikeshedding," which is a very accurate analysis of what is going on: it is far easier to focus on a single, simple thing like building a bicycle shed, than to have to deal with the larger issues in life. Then constantly argue over what color you should paint it, for months on end, so it never actually gets built where someone has to take responsibility for the action.
4 8 15 16 23 42

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:17 pm

In light of all the above, am sharing this relevant documentary from PBS. Well worth watching in its entirety.

tymeflyz
Discens
Discens

Post by tymeflyz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:21 pm

janto wrote:In light of all the above, am sharing this relevant documentary from PBS. Well worth watching in its entirety.
I did not watch this when i saw it was pbs.
PBS as a source;
i have to caution i believe is very likely in the controlled opposition category.
Small amounts of truth intermingled with the same controlled narrative which leads to further cognitive dissonance , this in it self is a teaching tool but must be tempered with some knowledge in the difference between intuition & emotion.
I believe;
1-intuition= cerebrum and or super conscience.
2-emotion= is mostly controlled by cerebellum & sub-conscience.

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Understood. I don’t generally watch PBS, or any more television for that matter, and had issues with some of their past science programs. My intuition tells me, this video is worth sharing with the forum. If it would change your mind, here’s a search link, pick any one of a dozen documentaries to choose from. The one linked just happened to be fairly intellectual, I think, aiming for a western audience.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=the+l ... %253D%253D

The video is intended as an introduction to the origins of Buddha/Buddhism, a straightforward one to gauge a response, before I post further videos I’ve collected from a variety of sources on multiple topics related to monasteries and histories of people who “changed the world” through sharing “their version of truth”. i.e.. Specifically related to the similar intent of Kheb, in turning an idea of wisdom into a physical place, given truth changes over the centuries depending on a particular time’s consciousness and awareness of it.

I don't pretend to know anything more than you do, and have no idea how much these subjects have already been discussed. This is simply my perspective I'm sharing, from a variety of sources.

Buddha (related to Jesus, and other masters), whether he was a real being or allegorical, is one of several ideas that touches on many similar aspects as the wishful thoughts and ideals I’ve read shared on these forums. The idea or story of Buddha flourished and spread over centuries into a religion which has proven itself capable of bringing a kind of practical, positive enlightenment to millions, perhaps billions of followers over time, through practices such as meditation to help release one’s mind from illusion and find peace, enabled via monasteries and sacred Wats as spiritual sanctuaries where generally anyone is welcome to visit or find shelter (with a few major exceptions). There are thousands of these across SE Asia.

You’ll find plenty of westerners who spend time on holiday in one, sometime for weeks at a time “to recover” from hectic modern life. It gives them a chance to help rebalance their thoughts, by bringing time and space into equilibrium for example, by focusing on being present in time, rather than only focused on space as people tend to be forced in industrialized societies. Many spiritual tools used in healing centers are based on buddhistic teachings or techniques, for example, using bowls which produce specific vibratory sounds. These monasteries may act as a gateway to/from civil society towards enabling “truth” about one’s self and the world to be discovered. In the west, they're called new age healing centers or retreats, many of which were started by students of various monks or gurus. There is a huge potential to introduce RS ideas into such centers, through lectures, workshops, etc. At the least, a willing and ready audience may be found to share these ideas with. Since new age people are open to eastern vs western spirituality, then perhaps they're open to a new kind of objective history and theory of the universe - if they can "see" how it benefits them in making sense of the world around them. There may be philosopher and engineers too, maybe attending yoga classes, who might find your theories very compatible too.

Why is the spiritual element so relevant, anyway? Because in order to be willing to listen and ingest new information that contradicts what you’ve been taught (i.e. most people’s world view), without the mind fighting against it, and without becoming paranoid of "them", you have to be spiritually willing and accessible to hear it. That means, putting the spirit at ease, or rather, healing traumas manifested in mind (as anxiety, fear, worry or other symptoms), which prevent one from seeing any truth. That was my experience. Fighting mind vs mind against the system using ideas will get you nowhere fast, at least not without using power to overwhelm your opponent (unlikely). Many more people today, are suffering from spiritual issues manifesting as medical symptoms. Often these begin with a traumatic event in the past, or rebellion and rejecting society, natural law, or the father as God.

In that sense, a big part of “finding your way” to Kheb is the journey of self discovery “getting there” to begin with, before it will open its doors to reveal its treasures. Whether Kheb or another, so many more people get lost on the way, or don’t even begin, by giving in to “the God of desire” (as mentioned in the video as part of Buddha’s journey) than make it through consciously to the path. Or get stuck on aliens, secret society conspiracies, etc before getting tired of it and returning back to what they've always been comfortable with.

So thinking out loud, if I were to start my own special sanctuary, one to share the “objective truth” of our earth’s history as interpreted by Daniel, Bruce, Nehru & many more(?), through profound revelations about the human experience, I might at least consider learning about what’s worked so successfully in the past with other movements attempting the same, in order to build a solid foundation for it to grow in the future… And then take the time to develop the right kind of seed of an idea to grow and thrive for the ages in a changing environment. Just as Bruce mentioned (above) growing a crystal, it’s important to form/test the right seed before planting it, and then nurture it with adequate resources in optimum conditions over its lifetime. Nothing grows "on its own".

Just consider the fact, that some Buddhist cultures have lived isolated in the high, nearly inaccessible mountains (spiritually closer to God) for centuries in monasteries amongst exceedingly sparse nature without interference, and living in a manner strictly focused on their spiritual study and development. A place they could reincarnate to. Isn’t that exactly what Bruce is proposing? I imagine there’s probably a few things they do very “right”, which would be valuable knowing for planning Kheb, and I don't just mean by studying their scriptures, but rather, the condition of their lives, context, habitat, and beliefs. To do that, means learning, of course, even if it means watching a PBS video.

I realize Bruce is asking a simple, practical question with this thread.
What would you consider the advantages and disadvantages of the Monastery?
Alas, it’s a simple question I hadn’t considered answering without complexity. The thought of his starting a sanctuary was kept in the back of my mind, as I pursued my own research in the past year. As a consequence, I have several multi-contextual and inter-related references to recount and mean to share with this forum, some of which are heightened by past traveling and spiritual experiences, for the direct benefit of providing background context to help define the structural form it could take for the future, by building it with a new consciousness from the existing, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel like so many others before now, only to wind up drifting across time by repeating all the same patterns and mistakes they've made and "falling down".

But perhaps that's all "a little too much", and Bruce would be better with simple answers provided by those who can provide him?

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Janto, thank you very much for sharing your experiences with all of us. That was a good glimpse into a different system.

What you mention is also the environment... since I come from India, where you can enter a temple quite easily (I have even stayed for free at temples a number of times in my travels) it shows how the willingness of the community to offer resources is a necessary part of sanctuary.

In today's world, the economy has gained so much importance, and people operate under so many economic fallacies which didn't exist in the time of the old religions like Buddhism and Hinduism. Even if there is willingness to work together, the present system is like the spider's web in which everyone is getting stuck. The important thing is to work on both aspects... internal development that can create a sanctuary, and really coming to grips with the economy that will support it. Those will take the modern ethical mind to tackle. And that's where ideas are needed.
It is time.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:53 pm

LoneBear wrote: What are your thoughts on advantages and disadvantages?
Obviously it will be something of great benefit to the people in the sanctuary as well as to those following their updates from the outside. And if all the necessary means to actually start this kind of sanctuary are somehow acquirable and everything is feasible, then the Hell, let's just do it and see where it gets us approach seems not only reasonable but even the wiser thing to do as it is likely to be a huge stepping stone towards a brighter future. Set a first example for others to learn from and maybe the idea will even catch on in other parts of the world, too. That is, after the whole ignoring, mocking, ridiculing and psychological warfaring phase...

It's hard to come up with disadvantages. All the more reason to make it happen. :)
Though there is another aspect to the "putting all your eggs in one place" argument. Those participating won't be available for many folks they would have otherwise crossed ways with to leave a positive impression to learn from. I mean the whole thing about the universe bringing certain people at certain times in their lives together. This way only those who have already evolved to a certain degree will get the chance to meet said participants.
One person can make a whole lot of difference in one town if he choses to, both good and bad. Since those participants tend to be of the former kind, towns will lose great individuals! On the other hand I can't help but think that likely candidates are already as good as gone by avoiding the current materialistic based lifestyle that is spreaded in each and every town.

janto wrote: ( *Coming from a modern, western background, where abundance is the norm, it's rather difficult traveling in parts of Asia. Especially in situations where you're confronted with the reality, and guilty feelings, of having money, clean clothes, good medicines, and a full stomach, when many people you encounter live on the streets without shelter, especially children, with few means and opportunity, that use their situation to pull at your heart strings begging for money. This seems to be a universal phenomenon in under developed nations, regardless of controlling authority; monarchy, military, communist, democratic, etc. )
If only more people were aware. Thanks for sharing.
janto wrote: What about organizing an intensive “summer camp” for RS2 researchers and interested participants?
Why not just offer summer camps in the sanctuary? (Only problem might be the distance if it is located on a different continent.)

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:36 am

Gopi wrote:The important thing is to work on both aspects... internal development that can create a sanctuary, and really coming to grips with the economy that will support it. Those will take the modern ethical mind to tackle. And that's where ideas are needed.
Do you mean something like growing something and selling it to the outside of sanctuary? Maybe having a bee farm also for the honey etc. I can distill alcohol. No need for yeast when honey contains it naturally, only lower yield. Wild yeast can produce only up to 5% alcohol and other commercially available yeast up to 15-18%. Don't know about the taste yet though since some of taste is gotten from the yeast.

Could grow pretty much anything in certain areas of the globe where there is summer 24/7.
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:21 am

Ilkka wrote:Do you mean something like growing something and selling it to the outside of sanctuary? Maybe having a bee farm also for the honey etc. I can distill alcohol. No need for yeast when honey contains it naturally, only lower yield. Wild yeast can produce only up to 5% alcohol and other commercially available yeast up to 15-18%. Don't know about the taste yet though since some of taste is gotten from the yeast.
I am opposed to ANY commercial activity concerning the Monastery. It totally defeats the purpose. If there is surplus, it can be stored or given away--not sold. That is why I designed it along self-sufficiency guidelines--no need for money--and came up with a public "front end," the Antiquatis Institute, to act as a buffer between economic concerns on those devoted to researching the human condition.

The Native Americans never had alcohol, even though they invented corn. It wasn't until the Europeans came over with their "fire water" that they got introduced to it--and it was used to destroy their civilization. I guess I am just morally opposed to playing upon people's vices for profit.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:16 am

I thought about the economy matter so thats why I used the word "sell", so maybe trade would be more suited concept. Also alcohol can be used as disinfectant which would be quite useful, although there are other substances that has those properties.

Oh man did, I just understood it wrong what Gopi said about economy... Yes I did so. Sorry about that if you did get some bad vibes about me.
Keep in mind that alcohol distilling I still can do it for disinfection purposes, because I dont like to consume it, tastes so bad and does not give good feeling.
Enjoy the Silence

MrTwig
Centurio
Centurio

Post by MrTwig » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:28 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Billy wrote:Without a base of operations of this nature, it makes it much more difficult for individuals spread across the world to effect the type of change of which we are speaking, i.e. the evolution of human consciousness, and the many as yet unknown results that can come of this.
You reminded me of the reason why physical proximity was important--it is analogous to the gravitational limit. Each object has a field that extends around them, the etheric projection of their soul. The planet has one, as well. In the RS, everything wants to fly apart at the speed of light--entropy increases. Molecules defeat this entropy because atoms become physically close enough so that the expansion between them is nullified and inverts--what was pushing apart, becomes pulling together. But it does not cause collision--that outward progression is always there, so it finds a point of stability, atoms in orbit around each other as a molecule. The moon around the Earth works the same way, as do the planets around the sun.

Life is no exception; people form "molecules" as well, we just call them "spouses" or "families."
Molecules can come together in aggregates, rocks and stuff, or for life, social collectives. This is natural law and the basis for psychology.

But it requires physical proximity to happen. The Internet is a wonderful information tool, but it has the side effect that is similar to vaporizing rock--people can only interact on a "mind" level, creating emotional and spiritual isolation. This goes well with the materialistic mindset, because only that single dimension of Ego can be fully expressed in the 3D coordinate system. Humanity has become a "gas," so to speak, molecules bound by the Earth's field of influence, but separated far enough from each other to not form any other bonds. The ultimate "divide and conquer," with the catalyst being analogous to chemical heat that vaporizes stuff: fear, anger, and hopelessness.

If you want to grow a crystal, it has to start with a seed--a few molecules that define the structure of the crystal on which it can grow. That is the need for physical proximity--to "crystallize the ideas" in the sense of becoming clear, but not into a frozen state--more like a "liquid crystal" that retains its structure, but the atoms are still free-willed to move about.

It works the same with life, as Nature demonstrates. Those within the ambit (biological gravitational limit) of others tend to create positive feedback systems, for the health of the organism. The Sanctuary would be to develop that seed and encourage growth. Cannot be done, virtually, any more than you can separate a tree from the soil, water and air.
Billy wrote:Inevitably, all involved in laying the foundation for the Sanctuary would need to anticipate such attacks; and be prepared to respond in an appropriate manner.
I can tell you from experience that the attacks tends to be psychological, not physical. Waves are created from opposition to flow, and when you buck the system, it creates waves--and the resulting light and sound that attracts "temporal" attention. You can almost always tell if you are on the right track, because things DON'T go smoothly--those waves attract "compensation," to bring the non-conforming pieces back into the collective. Gopi got his first big lesson in this with setting up this gathering of people.

You have to be aware that this things are a "natural consequence" of walking the Path and cannot be avoided--but can be brought under conscious control by understanding what is going on. It is like a test that the Universe gives when you decide to step out of the Matrix. And the test is to realize you are being tested. Once you do, the test is over. (And you can almost always tell when someone is being tested, because there is a psychological inversion that occurs--support turns to disdain, usually directed towards those that aren't turning back. They become like Tokyo Rose during the World War, "Give up boys. You haven't got a chance against our superior forces." But consider--Japan lost.)
Billy wrote:One of the things of which I wonder is this: HOW exactly will the current mainstream societal model continue to develop? How much longer can things continue on this current trajectory? When will nature say, "enough"? I don't believe that anyone has that answer, but I do feel that it bears thinking out, as I fully agree that a Sanctuary of this type will be a haven for others to seek refuge. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, most people are content and comfortable living under this totalitarian lunacy, and they can become quite combative when presented with an alternative; particularly one as simple as that of a society that lives by the mantra "be kind". Aaron once stated that things are going to have to get a lot worse before people begin to break their programming, shake off the fog, and begin seeking out the truer natures of existence (which is what led me to Antiquatis and Conscious Hugs in the first place.) In a certain way, (as yet I cannot define), I'm thinking that the current trajectory of society may have an impact, direct or indirect, on the development of the Sanctuary, i.e. major global events may impact it in as yet unforeseen ways (again, good or ill as yet undefined; merely unforeseen). Does that make sense?
As we've talked about a lot here, Nature IS the evolution of consciousness. As Fr. Tim often told me, "do you want to think it, or feel it?" Nature will do what it needs to evolve consciousness, and it is your choice. Humanity, as a collective, has chosen "feel it." In other words, things have to get SO bad, the situation becomes intolerable and MUST be changed. Sanctuary is "think it," let's work to evolve consciousness by pulling ourselves forward, instead of being pushed from behind. But there can come a time when entities (not just people) stop "feeling it," and that is when you get extinction level events, as they interfere with both processes to the point where that evolution stops, or begins to degenerate.

Over the course of my life, I have watched humanity's massive potential transform into destructive, careless materialism. And it did not take very long... it is tied directly to industrialization, the new "church" that everyone worships at, and tithes to for bargain items.

The willful, conscious destruction of the environment will eventually force Nature to act. When, where, how... don't know. But I do know that Nature also protects the newly born in various ways (like placenta sacks) to give it a chance--and that includes the birth of a new species of humans, homo sapiens ethicus. For those that have read my personal forum, Nature has intervened in my life on many occasions, so I don't need "faith"--I have all the proof I need of that reality.
Billy wrote:Otherwise, we've got a world of people lining up for the latest Christmas toy, shoving and pushing to grab one.
That is EXACTLY what would happen, if the Sanctuary project was "public." That is why I like the Shangri-la approach--it is there to find, when someone needs it, and on occasion an invitation to join would be sent. Synchronicity happens, and most of the people here are here because of it. It is a very useful tool.
Billy wrote:This is all to say that I'm just not certain how much support would come from other such communities; at least initially. The moment the topics are broached concerning genetic manipulation by an off-world race, the existence of the LM's, and a new model for the atom, I'm thinking that most other communities might raise an eyebrow. In its infancy, I believe that individual's from other self-sustaining communities will be visiting the Sanctuary out of a sense of overwhelming curiosity, and out of a desire to know more; particularly once they take notice of the fact that the folks living and doing work there are not half-crazed, drug induced Grateful Dead holdovers.
What I've spent my life doing is a "reevaluation of the human condition," not any specific field. I use a specific field, RS2, to provide the core concepts to communicate these reevaluations. Look at conventional science, no two fields use the same basis of communication. There are no "maths" in psychology, no common sense in physics, and astronomy is just totally "out there" on its own. Yet, if you read the daniel papers, all these things are talked about and communicated exactly the same way, using the Reciprocal System. And when you do that, patterns show up that are otherwise invisible.

Other communities that I've researched have a tendency to focus on one, specific concept. In Dr. Adams case, it is the hospital. Other concerns are secondary, if present at all. It is actually a programmed agenda known as The Law of Triviality, resulting in the death of the Renaissance Man (now trivialized as a "polymath.")

The modern term is "bikeshedding," which is a very accurate analysis of what is going on: it is far easier to focus on a single, simple thing like building a bicycle shed, than to have to deal with the larger issues in life. Then constantly argue over what color you should paint it, for months on end, so it never actually gets built where someone has to take responsibility for the action.
I believe there is already a MONASTERY. Whether your monastery is like it is the question. How we interact with it is what we are discussing. If you have a physical monastery it has to allow the ideas of the original MONASTERY. The consciousness of humans have changed over time but the strange fact is the all prior ideas are still there somewhere on Earth. I believe that the saying "build it and they will come." is still true. Have you an actual location?

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:04 pm

MrTwig wrote: I believe that the saying "build it and they will come." is still true.
I agree.
Have you an actual location?
I hope the Gathering had that as a topic of discussion.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.