The Root Gathering

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

The Root Gathering

Post by LoneBear » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Lozion wrote:I hope the Gathering had that as a topic of discussion.
Our first meeting is coming to a close. We did not get time to discuss implementation-related ideas, as there was just far, far too much to talk about in one weekend, from personal revelations, brand new ideas and people sharing their life experiences. Joey made an impromptu speech this afternoon on his personal growth and the need for a Sanctuary that was so "from the heart" it brought some people to tears. It was quite an amazing experience for all of us, and for me, personally, proof that the concept actually works. It was like walking in to a room full of friends that I've known for a lifetime, not people I'm just meeting for the first time.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Advantages and Disadvantages of a Monastery

Post by Lozion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:42 am

LoneBear wrote:
Lozion wrote:I hope the Gathering had that as a topic of discussion.
Our first meeting is coming to a close. We did not get time to discuss implementation-related ideas, as there was just far, far too much to talk about in one weekend, from personal revelations, brand new ideas and people sharing their life experiences. Joey made an impromptu speech this afternoon on his personal growth and the need for a Sanctuary that was so "from the heart" it brought some people to tears. It was quite an amazing experience for all of us, and for me, personally, proof that the concept actually works. It was like walking in to a room full of friends that I've known for a lifetime, not people I'm just meeting for the first time.
Great news! Can't wait to read more from those who attended..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

mongo
Centurio
Centurio

Post by mongo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Very happy, Lonebear, to hear your first synopsis.

Billy
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Billy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:24 pm

It was quite a thought-provoking weekend. More than anything else, it provided an opportunity for us to meet, interact, and openly share our thoughts and feelings, without having to concern ourselves with the fear of ridicule. I've known it all along, but it bears repeating: It's just dandy what can happen when the mind and the soul, working in tandem, are allowed to open themselves up in the presence of others whom one has come to trust (and that's a biggy). I left SLC feeling a quiet sense of encouragement. People CAN work together to create something worthwhile. It just takes the right type of 'seasoning' to flavor the stew (hey, I'm a Sicilian chef, what can I say?) :mrgreen: I got the sense that those of us interested in making the Sanctuary a reality do in fact have an understanding as to what this is going to take. And yes, it was also very encouraging to get a glimpse of the road that some of the younger folks are taking. These days, it's so painfully simple for young people, (particularly in the early to mid-20 age range), to get on the wrong path, and once that happens, it becomes exponentially more difficult, as time goes by, to break out of the prison that one has created in one's own mind. Joey/Spaceman: Bravo to you both. Truly.

I'm quite certain that much more will be shared in the weeks to come. For now, I think that a bit of rest to chew on what was discussed (there I go again with culinary innuendos) is in order; though I do rather like the whole 'iron being hot' thing. I look forward to what comes next...

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:06 am

LoneBear wrote:It was quite an amazing experience for all of us, and for me, personally, proof that the concept actually works. It was like walking in to a room full of friends that I've known for a lifetime, not people I'm just meeting for the first time.
This can't be overstated. I have, in the past, been able to get along comfortably with people who I was just meeting, but this experience was marked by a sense of familiarity that can only come from the deepest sense of kinship that I had, as of yet, not experienced with people who I wasn't born in direct relation to.
Billy wrote:More than anything else, it provided an opportunity for us to meet, interact, and openly share our thoughts and feelings, without having to concern ourselves with the fear of ridicule. I've known it all along, but it bears repeating: It's just dandy what can happen when the mind and the soul, working in tandem, are allowed to open themselves up in the presence of others whom one has come to trust (and that's a biggy). I left SLC feeling a quiet sense of encouragement. People CAN work together to create something worthwhile.
This is also something that can't be overstated. There is nothing like being able to communicate with other like-minded, spiritually and scientifically motivated individuals who have as a common goal - the genuine desire to see something worthwhile come from the interactions of and from - humanity. Some of the things we talked about I had only barely conceptualized before the meeting of minds was underway. Some of the things that I had thought about but put aside for later, became necessary once again and I found myself picking these things back up to re-examine them under a new light that was sharp and clear in its focus. Blast those leaky wires! :lol:

I can say with certainty that my life will have been effected in the highest order of magnitude as a result of this experience. As we move forward now with our goals in sight and mind, it becomes imperative to remember always the essence of what we were doing there and here, virtually. Sanctuary already exists. Its spirit resides within all of us. The task now is to endeavor to make it a physical reality - to plant the seed of a tree of hope and life in a world undergoing putrification, that any who might see it can come and rest under its shade or eat of its fruit and perhaps carry fresh seed themselves back out into the harsh desolation that is the devolving world around us. We have the tools and the know-how to make this a reality. We must endeavor now, having found the seed within that desires to be planted -- to develop it, nourish it, and care for it and when the time is right and the place, the same -- to plant it in the world with delicate care and surety and watch as it grows and blooms into something more beautiful than words can, at present, express. Maybe... just maybe... we can have made an impact that will resound the world over in times to come, and our children and their children will be able to live in a well tended garden development, rather than an automated jungle of concrete and depravity that is the alternative currently being made manifest. It's not up to us to stop the path of society, but we can, as a matter of choice, and do, go about from here to forge a new path that others might follow if they feel the inclination to do so. I have hope and friends who are brilliant and caring enough that I feel confident about sharing this Great Walk with and making this dream a reality. It's an honor for me to have been able to attend this conference and I look forward to future gatherings where more can come together and share of themselves and experience the intensity of energy and feeling that comes as a product of community and rapport being the mainstay of interaction rather than any waylaying alternative to which we might be otherwise accustomed. Thank you again, Gopi and Bruce, and to everyone else who was there and to those who weren't able to make it but lent their energy nonetheless. We're all in this together, and it's with this in mind that I take each next step with a smile in my heart because I know that this 'thing' we're 'in' is a product of our creation and our creation a product of our desire to see each other grow. Oh, what a wondrous sight to behold, indeed. :)
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Billy
Centurio
Centurio

Re: The Root Gathering

Post by Billy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Well said Joey. Well said indeed.

-to plant the seed of a tree of hope and life in a world undergoing putrification, that any who might see it can come and rest under its shade or eat of its fruit and perhaps carry fresh seed themselves back out into the harsh desolation that is the devolving world around us.

Interesting. Isn't that already the way that nature propagates itself? :) Amazing what we can do if we but watch and learn from the model already in place.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Root Gathering Documents

Post by LoneBear » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Gopi mailed out a collection of the documents, slide shows and information presented at the Root Gathering. I've attached them here for the people that were unable to attend.
Attachments
Root Gathering-Synopsis.pdf
Root Gathering Synopsis, Gopi Krishna
(187.59 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
A Walk with Me (slides).pdf
A Walk with Me (slide show), Joey Van Horn
(8.36 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
A Walk with Me (text).pdf
A Walk With Me (text for slide show), Joey Van Horn
(78.18 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Travis RosaMira.pdf
Humane Way--The Blue Flower in the Golden Heart of the Rose of the World, Travis Henry
(946.84 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Shield Expansion.pdf
Universe Probably Not Expanding After All, H. Shield
(98.55 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Shadow_3fold.pdf
Shadows of Threefolding (summary image)
(164.4 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Root of Physics.pdf
Roots of Physics, Gopi Krishna
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
ReciprocalSystem.pdf
The Reciprocal System of Theory, Bruce Peret
(591.62 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
National Communities.pdf
National Communities in the USA, Travis Henry
(488.93 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Larson Dimensions.pdf
The Dimensions of Motion, Dewey Larson
(207.27 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
INDIA.pdf
What is India? The nation-state, the economy-state and the future
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
Guru.pdf
What I Finally Understood, Miles Mathis
(406.77 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Gopi_Mathis and Larson.pdf
Miles Mathis Key Papers Summary, Gopi Krishna
(344.6 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Gopi_Goethe and Larson.pdf
Goethean Science and the RS, Gopi Krishna
(304.23 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Antiquatis--Sanctuary Project.pdf
Sanctuary Project, Bruce Peret
(604.38 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Anthroposophy.pdf
Rudolf Steiner: Western Initiate, Stephen Usher
(659.76 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
4 8 15 16 23 42

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:32 am

Thanks for the links, looking forward to reading up on the meeting.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Djchrismac wrote:Thanks for the links, looking forward to reading up on the meeting.

idem!
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm

May I suggest that you start from the 1st attachment in LoneBear's post... the Synopsis.

It has links to everything else. And feel free to give a holler if you need any other document!
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:48 am

I've merged the corrections and missing attachments into the original post, so they are all there now.
4 8 15 16 23 42