Sanctuary South America (repost)

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Sanctuary South America (repost)

Post by LoneBear » Sat May 13, 2006 11:44 am

Synchronicity can be an interesting motivator. This has been the case with me and Central and South America for some time. I have currently made four attempts to start a "Sanctuary" here in the United States, but all failed for one reason or another, usually people-related problems. I'm sure those who do not live in America know what Americans tend to be like!

When I sat back and looked at what has been going on in my life recently, particularly with the mystical and spiritual aspects, the common thread emerged that I keep getting pointers to South America--something there has been drawing me to it, though I don't actually know what. The Spirit realm tends to be like that. Sometimes even when you DO get it, you never realize you've GOT it.

The majority of my life has been spent trying to realize the ideas of a spiritual Sanctuary--a place similar to Shangri-La in the film/book "Lost Horizon" by James Hilton. The details of my ideas are on the main site, if you wish to read them.

So, if I ever get around to taking the hint, it looks like I should be trying to set up this Sanctuary somewhere in South America, though I really don't know where, nor what form it should take. I have traced back the ancestry of the Elder Race to South America, following along the lines of the works of George Hunt Williamson, and the trail leads to this Sanctuary being for those descendents of the Elder Race -- those from the Nigredo Crystals.

Since I have no specific information at this time, other than the fact that "Argentina" has shown up an excessive number of times in the last 6 months, I would appreciate any thoughts or inspirations anyone has on the idea of a South American Sanctuary... where, why, how, who and when. Doesn't need to be "hard" information--sometimes something that just catches your eye or ear can be a fascinating clue.

With luck, I hope to take a trip down there soon, to see the country and feel what is going on. Time to get out the "Spanish for Dummies" book, and see if I can massacre Spanish as well as I did French.

Anyone up for a trip? The pyramids of the Amazon jungle? Machu Piccu? Tiajuanaco? Cuzco? South America seems to abound in the mysteries of the past.

BlueEagle
Centurio
Centurio

Re:

Post by BlueEagle » Sun May 14, 2006 12:44 am

Won't even try to make any kind of promise to you or myself, but hey... I'm up for an adventure.

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Mon May 15, 2006 2:03 pm

This is getting exciting, each time. I see an addition to a list.

Starlight*

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:54 pm

The doors in Venezuela are wide open guys!!!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Sanctuary South America

Post by LoneBear » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 am

Cointreau and I spent yesterday going over various locations for Sanctuary across the Americas (North, Central and South), based on his travel experiences. We have narrowed it down to one location in each area, each with its pros and cons. What we took into account was agricultural viability (good soil and water), general climate, laws and government interference, individual liberties, social structure, cost of living and acceptability to "new age" type concepts:

North America--Wyoming
Pros: Low cost, high degree of liberty, remoteness, high availability of modern conveniences, and easy access to people and conventions for seminars. Good ranching lands.
Cons: Very limited agriculture, limited natural resources (almost no water), cold climate. Easy interference by government and fanatical groups. High cost of living.

Central America--southwest Nicaragua
Pros: Good agriculture, plenty of resources, good liberty, coastal areas for interaction with cetacean races. Low cost of living.
Cons: Extremely hot climate, bad reputation with many western countries; potential for industrialization, virtually no access to modern conveniences.

South America--southwest Venezuela
Pros: Remote, good agriculture, good year-round climate, lots of farmland and ranchland, lots of clean water, good society and liberty. Low cost of living.
Cons: nominal access to modern conveniences, but may end up in a war with America over oil! (Hugo Chavez does speak is mind about America, and is allied to the Russians and Chinese).

Personally, I think the excessive heat in Nicaragua may be a major problem, as we ran into that with Avalon--hot and muggy means you can't do much but try to keep cool. Humans deal with cold easier than heat; you can always put on a jacket. But once the body cannot cool itself, it shuts down.

My #1 choice for Sanctuary would be Venezuela... got to admit, I like Chavez! He's reminds me a lot of Ross Perot; outspoken and trying to do what his right for his country. Doesn't always get it right, but shakes the boat enough to keep the politicians running for cover, rather than passing more laws removing more liberties.

My choice for "Hogwarts", the school to teach magic, theology and philosophy, would be Wyoming, with its remoteness to connect with the Earth, and easy access to metropolitan centers. Probably a second Hogwarts in India, so we have both sides of the planet covered.

These schools could act as filters for those who are serious about being "Tomorrow People" that would immigrate to Sanctuary as a full-time lifestyle of teaching and learning--sort of the Shangri-la of the south. And I believe we need a two-stage approach; money goes a lot further in Central and South America than it does in the US. The schools could finance the larger project.

And I believe "filtering" people is necessary these days, in the "gotta have it now" generations. I have found that a lot of people enter the "fad" mode and are gung-ho for a few months, then get bored or find something else to entertain them. And it is usually about entertainment, not the teach/learn system. They are used to being entertained at schools (rather than educated!), so the schools would be a good way to determine who has it in their heart, and will make a commitment.

Still need to review laws, visas and immigration procedures. But with the way the world is today, could probably put my hair up in a fan and get a Centauri passport under the name, Abrahamo Lincolni!

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Sanctuary South America (repost)

Post by Starlight* » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:09 pm

lol, could not help it! Abraham Lincoln,eh? One of my favorite presidents.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 am

LoneBear wrote:My choice for "Hogwarts", the school to teach magic, theology and philosophy, would be Wyoming, with its remoteness to connect with the Earth, and easy access to metropolitan centers. Probably a second Hogwarts in India, so we have both sides of the planet covered.
From my travels so far, I would say that the lower ranges of the Himalayas, in the North, or the interior of Maharashtra (in central region, slightly to the west) are the ideal places. Good climate, proximity to the cities, reasonable state governments, and low population (low for India that is) are the best places. I believe it is necessary to keep two things in mind -- past events in the place, and its position with respect to the Earth's ley lines. No point building a school over an ancient battlefield.
LoneBear wrote:But with the way the world is today, could probably put my hair up in a fan and get a Centauri passport under the name, Abrahamo Lincolni!
LOL! You'll need to shave! I think both South America and India have similar governments - not too much of regulation, and considerable latitude for doing spiritual things.

There also has to be some way to connect the working of the East and the West, an exchange program of sorts. Still thinking, as that comes at a much later stage.
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Gopi wrote:I believe it is necessary to keep two things in mind -- past events in the place, and its position with respect to the Earth's ley lines. No point building a school over an ancient battlefield.
Good point; does need to be considered. Wars omit eastern and central US (Civil war and Indian wars), east and north Mexico (Spanish wars), and most of the eastern coastal areas of central America. Don't know of any big wars in South America; just small, turf wars. Also rules out Europe, western Asia, southeast Asia (Vietnam, Korea), Japan and eastern China, and the north and west coast of Africa. Now, are you counting the Mahabharata wars, which were out your way?
Gopi wrote:LOL! You'll need to shave! I think both South America and India have similar governments - not too much of regulation, and considerable latitude for doing spiritual things.
I was looking at that last night... so far, Venezuela is one of the most progressive, "human right" oriented countries I have seen in a long time. Reminds me a lot of Wyoming in the early days, before federalization.

I'm focusing on laws regarding personal sovereignty--India doesn't do too well there. They still have all those British laws on the books with Victorian mindsets, and there is a strong religious bias towards the society over the individual.
Gopi wrote:There also has to be some way to connect the working of the East and the West, an exchange program of sorts. Still thinking, as that comes at a much later stage.
Could be easy if the legal structures were set up correctly, as even America will grant visas for religious pilgrimage. Going to need to play inside the system for schools, and use them to advantage.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:26 pm

LoneBear wrote:Now, are you counting the Mahabharata wars, which were out your way?
Yes, they have conveniently been turned into a desert, in North West India. Only the Himalayan foothills have been free from wars in North India. South has been generally peaceful.
It is time.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:11 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Gopi wrote:I believe it is necessary to keep two things in mind -- past events in the place, and its position with respect to the Earth's ley lines. No point building a school over an ancient battlefield.
Good point; does need to be considered. Wars omit eastern and central US (Civil war and Indian wars), east and north Mexico (Spanish wars), and most of the eastern coastal areas of central America. Don't know of any big wars in South America; just small, turf wars. Also rules out Europe, western Asia, southeast Asia (Vietnam, Korea), Japan and eastern China, and the north and west coast of Africa. Now, are you counting the Mahabharata wars, which were out your way?
You might consider Canada. The only major war I know of was the war of 1812 (with Eastern US). Generally, there is a great deal of government regulation. However, Bountiful in British Columbia (polygamous Mormon community -- polygamy is illegal in Canada) seems to operate just fine with virtually no interference. Also, it is quite simple for US citizens to come across. I believe India is still part of the British Commonwealth which Canada is also. This makes it easier for people from there to visit. There are certainly many remote areas of Canada (larger geographically than the USA but with 1/10th the population) though most of that will be chilly (very chilly). Wyoming will also get cold.

Just a thought.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:47 am

aluxon wrote:You might consider Canada. The only major war I know of was the war of 1812 (with Eastern US). Generally, there is a great deal of government regulation. However, Bountiful in British Columbia (polygamous Mormon community -- polygamy is illegal in Canada) seems to operate just fine with virtually no interference. Also, it is quite simple for US citizens to come across. I believe India is still part of the British Commonwealth which Canada is also. This makes it easier for people from there to visit. There are certainly many remote areas of Canada (larger geographically than the USA but with 1/10th the population) though most of that will be chilly (very chilly). Wyoming will also get cold.
I spent 3 months in British Columbia (Vancouver area) working on a joint project between BCtel and BellSouth. Did a lot of exploring on the weekends--some really beautiful country, though it rained WAY to much.

Interesting experiences there... I look more Canadian than American, with my long hair and curly beard. Everyone thought I was from Calgary, and was in the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), or an Interpol agent. Women would come up to me on the street and ask to "arrest that man--he's bothering me!" It was kind of funny... and probably saved my life. I would get bored in the evenings, and just walk around town by myself. Not knowing the "bad" areas, I later discovered I went walking in some pretty bad areas; gang war zones. No one in their right mind would go walking there by themselves late at night, but I did, so they probably thought I was some RCMP setup, with SWAT teams in hiding waiting to swoop in!

I had looked at moving to Canada 10 years ago, before I bought a place in Wyoming. Some beautiful country with a good supply of clean, fresh water, but very tough living and virtually no growing season. (I was looking in Calgary, naturally!) Also, I found the people tended to be as cold as the climate. May have just been the region I was in. Kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Quite different in Wyoming. It's like living back in the 1950s, where people are basically simple in lifestyle, and always willing to lend a hand.

If you know of anyplace in particular, please post! Canada is a big country, and I've only explored a small piece of it (BC, Calgary).

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:11 pm

LoneBear wrote:If you know of anyplace in particular, please post! Canada is a big country, and I've only explored a small piece of it (BC, Calgary).
I have never been that far west. There are cultural and linguistic issues with Quebec. If you are a Quebecer, you are fine. Outside of tourist areas and Montreal, you will not be warmly treated even when you spend money around. I would tend to rule out southern Ontario. They have the longest growing season but is also the most highly populated area in Canada. You could find probably find a place but don't expect much help unless you are far on the outskirts. I have found the Maritime provinces (New Brunswick and Nova Scotia) to have much warmer people. I find them similar in many ways to the people I met in Indiana (sorry, never been to Wyoming so cannot compare there). They are much more laid back (no road rage, etc) and much more honest and less likely to try to screw you over. My daughter left a somewhat expensive hat at a show. Came by the next day and it was hanging in plain view waiting for its owner. You probably won't see that in Toronto. Also, there is a lot of free land which is inexpensive. There is a shorter growing season as you have noted. Halifax would be the largest city in the Maritimes. There are some major US cities that are relatively close such as Boston, Bangor, and others. It is very similar to Maine as far as weather goes (Zone 4). The biting bug population is high (like Maine). There is a fair bit of fresh water (small lakes) as well as access to coastal areas. As with anything, there are pros and cons. Does this still sound like a possibility?

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:13 pm

I peeked around and found a cattle farm in New Brunswick for $1,600,000:

Farm house and 5 outbuildings as well as new bungalow. All together as one parcel as well as a 160 acre field by the church in Kirkland. Land consists of approximately 480 acres of wooded land and approximately 440 acres of cleared. Spring on property. Woods are predominately hardwood. Farm machinery available at additional cost to be determined at time of sale.

Another dairy farm in New Brunswick for $2,600,000:

Working 59kg dairy farm with 438 Acres, 2 gorgeous homes, waterfront land on the Saint John River (connects to the ocean) and much more! Don't wait another minute, if you have always dreamed of owning your very own dairy farm, this is your chance! Everything you will need is on location; equipment, inventory, livestock, buildings this farm has it all.

A potato farm (not sure if people really want to be dealing with animals) for $789,000:

Large farm with large potato house, 70x40 grain storage, 72x32 (275 rolls) hay storage, cattle rest area, 60x40 barn and 30x40 shop. Large 4 bdrm farm house with many upgrades and attached woodshed. 350+ areas.

And from Nova Scotia (and the one that sounds most interesting from my perspective), another dairy farm for $1,400,000:

Beautiful fully developed self sufficient farm on 300 acres of upland and crowned marsh land with wood lot. This is one of the best managed farms in Cumberland County (close to the ocean -- Fundy Bay). This will be a turn key operation with all livestock and equipment. It has it's own carpentry and mechanical work shops as well. This home was once owned by Mr. Ketchum (Founder and Builder of the famous Ship Railway). This home has had many upgrades and build ons. It is very well insulated with very low heating costs. Farm has lucrative contracts with windmill company which will be included in the sale of property. Approximately 10 minutes drive away from all town amenities and 35 minutes drive to the Moncton Airport. Call today to see what it's like to live on a farm!

This is no where near as inexpensive as South America though.

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:13 pm

There is a couple of obstacles I see with Canada. The first one and perhaps the most prohibiting one is the immigration issue. As a first world country sharing borders with USA it has very tough immigration policies that could hinder our ability to receive students from various countries around the world, mainly third world countries. The second issue is definitely the harsh winter. Another factor already mentioned by Lonebear is that money does last longer in third world countries. I see that some of the Canadian properties listed go over a million dollars, with the same amount you could build a luxury resort-style facility in South America.
A lot of people are fleeting Venezuela because of political reasons, mainly president Chavez' frontal opposition to the USA and also some other financial restrictions that puts foreigners with dollars in hand at a very favorable situation when it comes to purchasing property. Offering payment for property in Dollars to an Off-shore account would lower the price even more. This particular set of circumstances are very unique to Venezuela and could prove to be very advantageous to our project.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:34 pm

cointreau wrote:There is a couple of obstacles I see with Canada. The first one and perhaps the most prohibiting one is the immigration issue. As a first world country sharing borders with USA it has very tough immigration policies that could hinder our ability to receive students from various countries around the world, mainly third world countries.
You are right about the immigration issues. However, it is easier to get into Canada from many countries in the world due to it being a member of the British Commonwealth. A citizen from any member country should have an easy time coming to Canada (including India). No place is perfect.
cointreau wrote:The second issue is definitely the harsh winter.
Compared to South America, definitely. However, there are many places where the winter is not any harsher than places in US (i.e. not including Alaska). My first (and only) take at -50 degrees (-70 with the wind chill) was in Indiana which is certainly not the most northern of states. A few of the places I was looking at are also close to the ocean (Gulf Stream) which will have an additional tempering effect on the weather).
cointreau wrote:Another factor already mentioned by Lonebear is that money does last longer in third world countries. I see that some of the Canadian properties listed go over a million dollars, with the same amount you could build a luxury resort-style facility in South America.
The price is much more comparable to the USA especially since the US dollar has lost much of its value compared to the Canadian dollar (it is close to par right now). I had thought that the prices would be a little lower. It talking with some Canadian friends, it seems that Panama is becoming a favourite vacation destination for Canadians. Many people have bought property (ocean-front for $10,000) and live there half the year or more. With rising prices in Canada, it can be hard for some people to retire and live the sort of life-style they would like.
cointreau wrote:A lot of people are fleeting Venezuela because of political reasons, mainly president Chavez' frontal opposition to the USA and also some other financial restrictions that puts foreigners with dollars in hand at a very favorable situation when it comes to purchasing property. Offering payment for property in Dollars to an Off-shore account would lower the price even more. This particular set of circumstances are very unique to Venezuela and could prove to be very advantageous to our project.
Some excellent points. In looking at Lonebear's critieria for a place, I thought that Canada would comply with at least a few of them (I still think it does). That doesn't make it the best place and I am aware also that Lonebear has his heart set on South America. I was actually only thinking of Canada as a potential outreach place as an alternative to Wyoming (as an example). It could vary well be that that Wyoming is a better place anyway. I just thought I would do some exploration and share some results.

Vishnu
Discens
Discens

Post by Vishnu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 am

LoneBear, as you know, I was in possession of the information about such a forum for about 2 years now. I didn't bother to access it until recently. The first topic that caught my attention was this Sanctuary. Its conception has a lot of similarities with the idea of a school that Deepak and I had in mind which we intended to set up once we were ready. We also have other friends who seem to have the spark, interested in helping out. For instance, there was this other guy Jayadevan, who was also a physics student at IIT Bombay who was quite different from all others. He has an "imaginary" friend, the raven, who helps him through his troubles. He had attempted suicide thrice.. when he was a school kid, his mother would thrash him up with a belt for getting only 99/100 in math! So he had his issues.. but that guy wrote some amazing poetry and always had different thoughts. He is working in Canada now I believe, and is doing research about some interesting properties on some crystals.. I do not know the details but what he is working on is again a "fringe" area of common accepted science.. I wish I knew more details. Anyway, he is another guy we have on our "panel". Then there is this girl, an excellent singer who is now doing really well in Berklee who separately had an idea to set up a school and I randomly happened to tell her about my idea of a school and she exclaimed that the ideas were exactly similar to the ones she had in mind for her school..

The basic idea we had was to set up a system where information is not forced upon students.. rather they are guided as to how to look for the information that they want.. be it music, science, or whatever.. It is in this process of seeking that many important and possibly "higher" lessons can be learnt. For instance one idea that Deepak had while practicing his drums set was to try and see if the number pi had any information encoded into it. Now to decode it, why not use rhythms! So say we compose a rhythm pattern basing our time signatures of each bar on the decimal entries of pi! It seemed like a great idea to me.. it may very well give us nothing in the end but the process of seeking is really important.. when the time is right, we will surely hit upon something! This is my firm belief, and its our greatest dream to set up such a school in India because I've come across some really sharp fellows but with brains flattened out by the present school system..

The idea of a Sanctuary sounds great to me and so does your version of Hogwarts but I'm not clear about the concepts surrounding the setting up of such a school though I absolutely understand the spirit behind such a venture.. I'll follow your posts with great curiosity..

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Vishnu wrote:Anyway, he is another guy we have on our "panel". Then there is this girl, an excellent singer who is now doing really well in Berklee who separately had an idea to set up a school and I randomly happened to tell her about my idea of a school and she exclaimed that the ideas were exactly similar to the ones she had in mind for her school.
The "intent" is out there, just looking for a place (or places) to manifest. My suggestion is to get everyone interested together here, and do a bit of brainstorming to see what we can come up with and make it work. Cointreau and I are now working to put together an "International Educational" type of foundation so we could easily implement a "foreign exchange" program, for teachers and students.
Vishnu wrote:The basic idea we had was to set up a system where information is not forced upon students.. rather they are guided as to how to look for the information that they want.. be it music, science, or whatever.. It is in this process of seeking that many important and possibly "higher" lessons can be learnt.
Have you ever read, "2150 AD" by Thea Alexander? (I believe Gopi has an eBook of it). Their concept of "CI" (Central Information) was one of my inspirations. It was basically a self-educational system, where it had all the resources to take you where you wanted to learn.

My other major inspiration was "Lost Horizon", by James Hilton; I'm sure you're familiar with it, as it introduced the Lamasery of Shangri-La to the world. They had the tools, books and time for anyone to learn what they wanted, from any science, religion or culture. And that is what is needed; there are some basic social skills you need (like recognizing words or notes), but when it comes to finding your internal motivation, the reason you enjoy life... that is what should be sought. It is my intent to structure Sanctuary to have the resources for people to do that.
Vishnu wrote:For instance one idea that Deepak had while practicing his drums set was to try and see if the number pi had any information encoded into it. Now to decode it, why not use rhythms! So say we compose a rhythm pattern basing our time signatures of each bar on the decimal entries of pi! It seemed like a great idea to me.. it may very well give us nothing in the end but the process of seeking is really important.. when the time is right, we will surely hit upon something! This is my firm belief, and its our greatest dream to set up such a school in India because I've come across some really sharp fellows but with brains flattened out by the present school system.
I'm looking the next level up, at the International level. I know that I've learned a heck of a lot from Gopi about eastern philosophy, and he's learned a lot from me. Sometimes you don't know what you don't know, until you know it.

As you've mentioned, travel can be a very eye-opening experience when done consciously, and even without having to pay fines! :-) To have a "alternative" global educational system would allow for that cross-cultural aspect to play freely. Also curious that Cointreau got a job at "Global Village Academy!"
Vishnu wrote:The idea of a Sanctuary sounds great to me and so does your version of Hogwarts but I'm not clear about the concepts surrounding the setting up of such a school though I absolutely understand the spirit behind such a venture.. I'll follow your posts with great curiosity..
I'm working on them... I greatly appreciate the input you've provided. It is always best to see the larger picture before trying to define the smaller pieces to assemble it. (Try to assemble a puzzle without the picture on the box cover!)

Any thoughts you have on any of the concepts, please feel free to post--and that applies to everyone interested.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Vishnu wrote:This is my firm belief, and its our greatest dream to set up such a school in India because I've come across some really sharp fellows but with brains flattened out by the present school system..
While looking for something else, I ran across this paragraph:
Secret of the Andes, Chapter 1 wrote:The Masters and Saints working on the Right Hand Path began to collect the precious records and documents from the libraries of Lemuria. Each Master was chosen by the Council of the Great White Hierarchy to go to a different section of the world, where, in safety, he could set up a School of the Ancient and Arcane Wisdom. This was to preserve the scientific and spiritual knowledge of the past. At first, for many thousands of years, these schools were to remain a mystery to the inhabitants of the world; their teachings and meetings were to be secret. Hence, they are called even today Mystery Schools or the Shan-Gri-Las of Earth.
I suspect that these mystery schools were destroyed over the last 500 years by the invasion of European conquistadors through Central and South America and India. I also suspect that these "Masters" may have reincarnated in the same period to get them going again...

That describes "Sanctuary" to me... a place of ancient and arcane wisdom, tucked safely away out of the machinations of industrial society. But now we have a global society and the Internet...

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Welcome to our project Vishnu, I am glad to see the Sanctuary has resonance in India as well. The creation of "extensions" or associate branches to the Sanctuary in different parts of the world is definitely one of the key components. To have an influx of people from different places with different backgrounds sharing ideas and growing along the path is essential and will enrich all of those involved. I'm very excited to see the great amount of interest generated by the Sanctuary, as it motivates me to continue working towards that goal.

There is a movement that pretty much defines what you were talking about, it is called Democratic education. It is a system where education is not forced upon the students, and every decision is made by everyone involved. It is a very radical and refreshing concept to say the least.

I'm sure the following websites will be of interest for you, check it out you'll love it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0zx5YVcpGc

http://en.democratic-schools.com/

http://www.educationrevolution.org/demschool.html

Please continue making comments and sharing your ideas, brothers of the East!

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:05 am

Hillo!

: :) Did someone say the "right hand path"!?

thank you for the updates.

This is one of the reasons I am and have been interested in Santuary --teaching. I've been interested in this before meeting those at Avalon and joining this forum. And why there is an inclination towards LB and those I've met.

If there is anything that needs to be addressed, I will.

Cointreau congratulations on your new position!! :D

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Starlight* wrote: :) Did someone say the "right hand path"!?
The Right path is the Wrong path, if you are going to follow the path of the Cyclopeans.

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Hello starlight how's everything? are you still in Texas? what new position are you congratulating me for?

Starlight*
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Starlight* » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 am

Hello starlight how's everything? are you still in Texas?
Okay. Been catching up on some reading.
The L-one Star, eh? That would depend from what point-of-view.
cointreau wrote:what new position are you congratulating me for?
This one,
cointreau wrote:Hello Gopi, thanks for asking. Venezuela is a wonderful country and I feel extremely confortable living here since I am a native, However, as of July I will be going to Colorado since I was offered a position as a teacher over there. I just finished writing an email to BlueEagle and Lone Bear requesting a little help with the transition. after writing the message I went on to check posts and saw yours!!! Obviously not a coincidence.

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 pm

my teaching position!!!! Thank you Starlight!!!

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Post by lvx08 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:46 am

I have just returned from 3 weeks in Peru and Bolivia. Most interesting sites - Tiahuanacu and Puma Punku in Bolivia; Amaru Muru on Lake Titicaca and a network of cave complexes outside of Cusco which served as temples or altars. All these sites are much older than Incan, - they feel paleolithic. Tiahuanacu has sculptured images of faces that look like Greys or even reptilians. It is hard to find much information on these places particularly the cave complexes out of Cusco. Certainly a place of much mystery!!

Here is a skull we came across in an antique shop. Note the 3 rows of teeth! (Hope the upload works)
Attachments
crystal skull.JPG
Here is a skull we came across in an antique shop. Note the 3 rows of teeth!
(615.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet