Working in Alliance to form Community

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
GhostCat
Cognitor
Cognitor

Working in Alliance to form Community

Post by GhostCat » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:19 pm

It has come to me lately that the foundation of the SGCs is in its Alliance. That alliance comes on multiple levels.

First, the level of Self. The Self is made up of many interlinked beings, each of which has its own priority ranking system (physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, etc). Yet, each, working together, makes up the whole, and without any one part, I would not be who or even what I am. Alliance with the Self means knowing the self, respecting the self, and asking - throughout my beingness - for input on all interactions. When the heart doesn't like the answer the head gives, the two must talk it out, not succumb one to the other, and reach a consensus.

Second, on the level of a particular SGC. The iteration is unique in its make up, just as I am unique from you, yet we are one. The iteration strives in its own way to reach the ideal of a quintessential SGC, but is in fact formed of its founding members: the particular plot of land, the balance of elements in that place, the plants and animls of that region, the people who wish to make their life there, etc. Alliance with the Center means aknowledging the biases and limitations of each member, and seeking balance among those key players.

Third, on the level of One-ness. We strive for an ideal in which all densities may interact in alliance with one another. This inherently means 3rd density - the one we're supposedly trying to graduate from - as well as 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, etc. Alliance with the Octave means accepting the distortions of each density along with the wisdom, and capitalizing on strength to grow beyond perceived flaws.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Working in Alliance to form Community

Post by LoneBear » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:24 pm

Good concepts, GhostCat. Alliance at work in the SGCs makes far more sense than the collective of group minds.
GhostCat wrote:Alliance with the Center means aknowledging the biases and limitations of each member, and seeking balance among those key players.
I have found from my life experience that "balance" is a very unstable state, which is easily disrupted. Rather than seeking balance among the key players, would it not be beneficial to use the Vulcan philosophy of the IDIC (Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations) from classic Star Trek? The philosophy accepts that "balance" is an un-maintainable state, and accepts the "off-balance" of diversity as a means of growth and evolution. Basically, if you know you're going to fall over, why not make it a controlled fall over in the direction of growth and evolution, rather than an unconscious tumble backwards?

For example, as C. and I go head-to-head on the Wanderer/Elder Race issue, we both realize that we will never find a balance point. We also accept that to ignore it won't make it go away. But what we have been achieving is an understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses, and most importantly, the assumptions that go in to the way we view the world--the acceptance of each other's diversity, and how it can be combined into productive use.

I would see the Alliance with the Center as acknowledging the diversity of its members, understanding that diversity, and combining that diversity into positive growth.

GhostCat
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by GhostCat » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:29 pm

if you know you're going to fall over, why not make it a controlled fall over in the direction of growth and evolution
YES. This is what I mean when I say we need to capitalize on strength rather than pointing out perceived flaws .. using one allied member's strength to "control the fall" so that it, in fact, becomes growth. We're on the same page, simply using different terms.

I rather like the way you've rewritten the Alliance with the Center ... because it gently points out that there are three levels of achieving this alliance: 1) acknowledgement, 2) understanding, and 3) combining that diversity. There is work to be done at all levels, and achieving just one of them does not constitute successful alliance.