Findhorn, Scotland

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Findhorn, Scotland

Post by Gopi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 am

I just came across some details about the community of Findhorn in Scotland, which is one of the attempts at building a Sanctuary.

http://www.findhorn.org

In the book (from my college library) that described its early development, the ideas are pretty good... where a few people could communicate with Devas and Nature Spirits in order to grow excellent crops and flowers in plain sand. The communications with Pan were particularly interesting, and the motive was one of personal growth.

Currently, it seems to have all the qualities of a New Age community, though, with "paid mentors" and other side businesses, along with a very Carla-and-Jim-like couple in charge. Still, they seem to have obtained the help of a number of foundations, which might be worth looking into. Even though Spiral Dynamics has been considered there, they are still predominantly green. I think the replacement of synchronicity (which was how the place started) with advertisement (which is how the place is recently growing) is responsible for the commercial developments.

Any thoughts?
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Findhorn, Scotland

Post by LoneBear » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:40 am

Gopi wrote:In the book (from my college library) that described its early development, the ideas are pretty good... where a few people could communicate with Devas and Nature Spirits in order to grow excellent crops and flowers in plain sand. The communications with Pan were particularly interesting, and the motive was one of personal growth.
I believe communication with the elemental and deva kingdoms are a must; as well as the non-local entities. But that communication requires an electromagnetic-free zone... the high power systems used in homes chase them away. As Findhorn became more and more commercialized, they introduced these "conveniences" for their client

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:24 pm

I think that this is an interesting discussion - but I still think that the only Sanctuary that will not see itself the raped and pillaged victim of 3rd density misunderstanding will be the intangible, latent and 'electrically weak' Sanctuary we provide for each other as individuals living for our own health and well being all over the planet - it is 'safe' in time, though without monument, but vulnerable in space. That vulnerability, once exposed, could easily be enough to break the heart of everyone involved - what I fear most about this it the fear it would generate. Until any of us can actually generate a forcefield which repels all physical attacks I will fear this.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Gopi wrote:The communications with Pan were particularly interesting
I have read a number of books regarding Pan. It seems to me that many people have differing ideas about who Pan is. I prefer the Greek meaning of the word itself which means "All" in the sense of all-encompasing (used typically in compound words).
Merriam-Webster wrote:Main Entry: pan-
Function: combining form
Etymology: Greek, from pan, neuter of pant-, pas all, every; akin to Tocharian B pont- all
1: all : completely <panchromatic>
2 a: involving all of a (specified) group or region <Pan-American> b: advocating or involving the union of a (specified) group <Pan-Slavism>
3: whole : general <panleukopenia>
It seems to me that many people miss out on this meaning of the word when another, more limiting meaning is implied. Why was the Greek god of the same name actually named that?
LoneBear wrote:I believe communication with the elemental and deva kingdoms are a must; as well as the non-local entities. But that communication requires an electromagnetic-free zone... the high power systems used in homes chase them away. As Findhorn became more and more commercialized, they introduced these "conveniences" for their client

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 am

aluxon wrote:It seems to me that many people miss out on this meaning of the word when another, more limiting meaning is implied. Why was the Greek god of the same name actually named that?
Pan is the greek ??? (paein), which means "pasture". From that we get "panic" (sudden fear in lonely places). Pan is the god of shepherds, who spend a lot of time in pastures. (Not that Pan would actually disguise himself as a shepherd to meet some reluctant hiker). Should also consider the feminine aspect of Pan ... Pandora.

Your "all" interpretation is interesting, because it is going a step beyond the classic archetype, to where the Universe is the "pasture" and Pan is "all". Pandora, with her little box of mankind's troubles, is probably the personification of "free will", because it is free will that gets man into trouble! Pandora opening the box is could be the Greek analog to Eve biting the apple.
aluxon wrote:I had also read about a woman (forget name and place) who tried to replicate the Findhorn concepts herself and was quite successful.
It is not that hard once you learn how to establish rapport with the 2nd density kingdom. It is based on empathy (plants don't really understand telepathy--more of an animal thing). You just switch from "receive" to "transmit" and broadcast a pro-growth life empathy, and the plants respond in kind. Some people call it "love", but it really isn't... it's more of a vibration that concentrates prana.

It's called a "green thumb"... my Polish grandmother was like that. Her garden was always amazing in how much it produced. Many remote, rural gardeners have the skill; you just don't see it in the cities and suburbs because of the EM disruption.
aluxon wrote:Most foundations will not supply resources with no strings attached. Most foundations will have some guiding principles and they virtually always like to ensure that their money has done what they have intended it to do. You will pay a high price for their support (same with governmental moneys though perhaps not as intrusive).
I think personal donations, of people truly interested in the project, is the way to go. Here in America, we are taught not to work together, except in controlled groups under "management". It has been my experience in social clubs that when people voluntarily choose to work together for a common cause, they can be almost unstoppable. Each person's meager resources can add up to quite a lot when pooled together.

Cointreau and I checked out some farm/ranch property in various countries, to see what it would take to purchase an operational, basically organic farm, as a starting point. Found a great deal for the US$ 150,000, with cows, farmland and even a river. Easily go for over a million here in the States. 150K is a lot of money for one person. I was thinking we'd need about 50 people to get Sanctuary running and maintainable, based on past experience. That is only $3000 each--a very doable sum. And with 50 people committing a year or two in manpower, starting from a self-sufficient system, you could get a lot accomplished very quickly.

I believe one of the biggest fears to get over is the fear of working together. Findhorn was able to do that early on. I'm sure that went a long way to their success.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:50 pm

aluxon wrote:It seems to me that many people have differing ideas about who Pan is. I prefer the Greek meaning of the word itself which means "All" in the sense of all-encompasing (used typically in compound words).
And here we are, looking at the pan-oramic view of the world!
It is time.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:36 pm

And with 50 people committing a year or two in manpower, starting from a self-sufficient system, you could get a lot accomplished very quickly.

Committing what and to whom?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:51 am

Alluvion wrote:Committing what and to whom?
Committing to yourself and your fellow man, your strengths and hopes to usher in a 4th density world, free of fear.

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Post by lvx08 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:02 am

LoneBear wrote:
aluxon wrote:I had also read about a woman (forget name and place) who tried to replicate the Findhorn concepts herself and was quite successful.
It is not that hard once you learn how to establish rapport with the 2nd density kingdom. It is based on empathy (plants don't really understand telepathy--more of an animal thing). You just switch from "receive" to "transmit" and broadcast a pro-growth life empathy, and the plants respond in kind. Some people call it "love", but it really isn't... it's more of a vibration that concentrates prana.

It's called a "green thumb"... my Polish grandmother was like that. Her garden was always amazing in how much it produced. Many remote, rural gardeners have the skill; you just don't see it in the cities and suburbs because of the EM disruption.
There's a series of books based on a Russian woman, Anastasia, who has this ability. It is hard to know whether the character is true or fictionalised. However she says some interesting things particularly in regard to growing your own food.

This site http://www.doyletics.com/arj/anasta01.htm reviews the books so you can get an idea of what she is about.
LoneBear wrote:Cointreau and I checked out some farm/ranch property in various countries, to see what it would take to purchase an operational, basically organic farm, as a starting point. Found a great deal for the US$ 150,000, with cows, farmland and even a river. Easily go for over a million here in the States. 150K is a lot of money for one person. I was thinking we'd need about 50 people to get Sanctuary running and maintainable, based on past experience. That is only $3000 each--a very doable sum. And with 50 people committing a year or two in manpower, starting from a self-sufficient system, you could get a lot accomplished very quickly.

I believe one of the biggest fears to get over is the fear of working together. Findhorn was able to do that early on. I'm sure that went a long way to their success.
You don't say where this farm is, but I assume it is in Sth America. Many commentators are saying that the energy is/has moved to sth america. Drunlavo Melchisedek said he witnessed a ritual that moved the planet's kundalini from Tibet to Sth America. George Greene, who is a bit gloom and doom, says Sth America is probably the safe place to be if things get a bit antsy in the US.

I went to Findhorn in the early 90s. It was a bit disappointing - just a new age commercial venture. The scottish countryside was nice though

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 pm

luvx08: You don't say where this farm is, but I assume it is in Sth America
Yes the places we were looking at were in Venezuela.
luvx08:Many commentators are saying that the energy is/has moved to sth america. Drunlavo Melchisedek said he witnessed a ritual that moved the planet's kundalini from Tibet to Sth America. George Greene, who is a bit gloom and doom, says Sth America is probably the safe place to be if things get a bit antsy in the US
nice!!!
Alluvion:Committing what and to whom?

LoneBEAR: Committing to yourself and your fellow man, your strengths and hopes to usher in a 4th density world, free of fear
Sometimes I get very frustrated because I see a lot of talk on philosophical issues posted on this forum with so little action. LoneBear has been trying to create a sanctuary for I think 30 years and I on the other hand will create one even if it is just for myself, although it would be a lot more enjoyable to be around people with the same goals in mind. I'm sure a lot of people here would love to create a place from scratch where you could truly feel free and be in control of your own nourishment and resources, a place for growth and learning about all of those topics impossible to discuss in "normal" settings. There is also a great need out there for a safe haven where people could explore and develop their own psy abilities without interference. It is time to decide if you are in or not as the development of this place is on the works already and could start as soon as next spring. LB already expressed his desired to travel in order to feel the place first hand during the winter and I will accompany him as a guide and translator. Gopi has an interesting message at the ends of all his postings: It is time! I encourage all the members of this forum to start thinking about the level of involvement desired with the sanctuary project so that we know the level of resources, human or otherwise, that we have and will need in the coming year.

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Alluvion: I think that this is an interesting discussion - but I still think that the only Sanctuary that will not see itself the raped and pillaged victim of 3rd density misunderstanding will be the intangible, latent and 'electrically weak' Sanctuary we provide for each other as individuals living for our own health and well being all over the planet - it is 'safe' in time, though without monument, but vulnerable in space. That vulnerability, once exposed, could easily be enough to break the heart of everyone involved - what I fear most about this it the fear it would generate. Until any of us can actually generate a forcefield which repels all physical attacks I will fear this
A lot of fear indeed, however, I will tell you why I'd rather plunge into the unknown rather than to keep the current course. In the USA, and other so called first world countries, more than a third of your income is taken away by the government in order to finance activities that most of us will never approve, or know about, and that ultimately erode personal freedom. In most "first world" countries laws and regulations have gotten to the point of interfering with human interaction, a very scary situation indeed. Life for most people revolves around going to work to pay the bills that support greedy corporations that destroy the planet and exploit and/or poison the citizens that supports them. If that is not raping and pillaging I don't know what it is!!!. I don't want to continue to be a part of this, every time I use currency in exchange for something, I am an accomplice to this nonsense!!! The sanctuary project is an opportunity to create a place from scratch, and there will be mistakes, but it will be OUR mistakes and quite frankly it is nothing compared to the price to pay staying in the current path.