Sanctuary, 2019

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Sanctuary, 2019

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Had a most interesting dream last night, probably as a consequence of spending the day chatting with Goldenshield, where we ran into a bit of a temporal rift from a decade in the future.

The year was around 2019, the place was a small mountain village--not very modern. Still has some cobblestone streets and cement/stone buildings. I was giving a speech to some "first years"; kids from all over the world, about 50 or so, on the history of the Sanctuary project. I was old and grey; looked a bit like Albus Dumbledore (Thank god I finally lose weight in the future! Getting tired of looking like Santa Claus!) It was basically a schoolroom that was connected to "my shop", a store that sold mystical books, crystal, etc... I happened to specialize in "wands". The street was similar to Harry Potter's Diagon Alley, with all sorts of interesting shops. It was in a tourist area, and had become somewhat an attraction, similar to the reputation of Portobello Road in London.

The community of Sanctuary was nearby; I was saying that Sanctuary was never destined to exist--it was created as an act of Free Will by people who wanted to create a foothold for the next generation of humans (referring to the kids in the classroom), where magic and science and philosophy were all the same. I remember this part well, because of the fact that it WASN'T PREDESTINED! It was created with intent and purpose, by the people of Earth. Quite different from the primary religious beliefs of people "predestined" to do things.

I had been invited over to Goldenshield's home for dinner; he was married to a local woman, who was a marvelous cook. We had pot roast. The house was simple (big change for an Atlantean!), and I was on the floor in front of the fireplace playing with his kids. His 3-year-old son was levitating Tinker Toys, trying to make something, and I was teaching him how to focus so the parts would go where he wanted them to. It was a very warm and friendly place. The "paranormal" was no longer "para"... it was just "normal."

Apparently, Sanctuary caught on in the International community; there were over 2000 people involved of every race, color and creed imaginable. And it was, indeed, a magical place. Had that rustic charm, natural beauty, but no fear--people just enjoyed their lives and working with others.

There was also something about the coastline being flooded a few years back via a big, natural disaster, which wiped out the "big oil" and other megaindustries, so we were no longer a money-based society. People were living simpler lives, yet man, consciousness and ethics were at an all-time high. May have been a glimpse of 4th density life on Earth.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Sanctuary, 2019

Post by Alluvion » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:00 pm

One can certainly hope.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:28 pm

Wow, that was a powerful vision. A land beyond hope and fear... Fantastic focus point to visualize!
It is time.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Sanctuary in 2019?

Post by deepfsh » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:37 pm

LoneBear wrote:The year was around 2019, the place was a small mountain village--not very modern. Still has some cobblestone streets and cement/stone buildings. [...] It was in a tourist area, and had become somewhat an attraction, similar to the reputation of Portobello Road in London.
LoneBear wrote:I was saying that Sanctuary was never destined to exist--it was created as an act of Free Will by people who wanted to create a foothold for the next generation of humans
LoneBear wrote:Apparently, Sanctuary caught on in the International community
Well, well ...
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

janto
Indagator
Indagator

Post by janto » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:03 pm

The year was around 2019, the place was a small mountain village--not very modern... I was giving a speech to some "first years"; kids from all over the world, about 50 or so, on the history of the Sanctuary project. I was old and grey; looked a bit like Albus Dumbledore (Thank god I finally lose weight in the future! Getting tired of looking like Santa Claus!)
Sounds like a pleasant dream. I'd like to offer a simple Freudian analysis:

Yourself
To see yourself in your dream is a reflection of how you act and behave in your waking life. Consider what you are doing and how you are feeling in the dream for additional significance.

Wizard
To see a wizard in your dream suggests that you are trying to hone your skills and exercise your power.

Village
To dream that you are in a village represents restrictions. You need to follow the rules. Alternatively, a village signifies community, simplicity, and tradition.

Speech
To give a speech in your dream indicates that you need to vocalize your feelings and thoughts. You need to communicate something important and/or urgent. Alternatively, the dream may be highlighting your fear and nervousness of speaking in public, especially if the speech goes wrong or if the audience is unruly.

The above is from the following website, which I find quite helpful in interpreting meaning from dreams: http://dreammoods.com

Bruce, it would seem you're consciously in tune with who you think you are, even if you don't quite look the part (yet).

For everyone else, if you're just starting out on your journey to record your dreams, and aiming to make sense of them... Best if you can make use of it by searching the keywords right after logging your dream, while the feeling or impression lingers still fresh in your mind. Out of the sum of reading the different meanings a picture or synopsis will form of what the dream (your "subconscious" or internal processing) is telling you symbolically.

To make the best use of it, when you wake up from a dream, even if you only remember it vaguely, at least make notes of keywords which identify particular things, objects, people in the dream. For example: If you were driving a car, you'd search for the word "car" on the website, and then read the possible meanings, depending on whether you were the one driving or not, where you were going, what the road conditions were, fast or slow, crashed, etc.

Some common dream keywords if you live an urban life might be friend, coworker, office, building, classmate, school, home, house, wife, ex, sex, train, bus, station, hotel, plane, flying, "a particular color," numbers, dog (breed), snake, animals, chase, etc.

If you're dreaming a lot, it's worth making a habit of it. Your whole perspective about yourself will change over time, as mine has over the past few years, considerably. Good luck.

On a side note: Regarding mapping your dream's locations or landscapes, aka dream cartography I think it's called here. IMHO, I haven't found this to be useful at all. Because most locations I've found myself in tend to be recreated approximations from memories and past experiences, and the locations, even when they "feel" the same, aren't. Having moved around quite a lot in real life, I hardly seem to return to the same dream location twice, and when I do, it's different, even if I'm certain that I'm back at the same location again. The layout, people, atmosphere, etc differ. It's really the symbols that are key, especially those that "catch your attention," and the most important is often the last thing you still remember after waking up. IOW, it's proven far more valuable to use the search by keyword interpretation method, than a map, to unlock deep psychological mysteries of hundreds of varying dreams...

Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Obzistian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:16 am

you found the missing clips from 1937?
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.