Sanctuary on Sci-Fi

Discussion of the basic concepts and philosophy behind the idea of a Sanctuary; a place where those exhibiting traits of the next generation of man can meet and learn, without prejudice or bias.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Sanctuary on Sci-Fi

Post by LoneBear » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:59 pm

My internet connection has been down for a couple of days, so I got to watch some TV... one of the first things I ran across was Amanda Tapping's ("Carter" on SG-1) new show that is premiering this fall on the Sci-Fi Channel, called Sanctuary!

Of course, they had to put a darker "spin" on it, making the Tomorrow People (quote from trailer: "they are the key to the evolution of our race") more freakish than just kids. I suspect that Damian Kindler, the show's creator, is one of the Elders because he certainly does pick up a lot of the Els concepts.

[quote]SCI FI ENTERS

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Sanctuary on Sci-Fi

Post by lvx08 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi LB

I looked around for this but could only find Webisodes. From your post you suggest that you watched it on TV not the net - did you catch it on the sci fi channel?

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 am

lvx08 wrote:I looked around for this but could only find Webisodes. From your post you suggest that you watched it on TV not the net - did you catch it on the sci fi channel?
I've only seen the trailers for it on SciFi (TV)... they aren't running the series until this October.

lvx08
Centurio
Centurio

Post by lvx08 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:32 am

Ok I'll look out for it later in the year. I can't imagine Amanda Tapping as anyone else but Carter