Learning linked to light and peripheral vision

The Institute is a non-profit, educational institution for the public promotion of the ideas and concepts put forth within the context of the Sanctuary Project. This forum is to discuss the structure of the Institute, requirements and the teach/learn and learn/teach systems.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Learning linked to light and peripheral vision

Post by LoneBear » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:06 pm

[quote="Jacob Liberman, O.D., Ph.D., F.C.S.O. in, Light: Medicine of the Future"]I began working in my office, treating a lot of children who had learning difficulties, discovering some very interesting things about these children who supposedly had difficulties in school. What I noticed was that they really didn't have that many difficulties, but they were just frightened to be in school. And I remember when I was in school how much I hated it too! Well, not that much has changed; most kids still hate school. One of the things I know about children is, they know more than we know. You see, they're the next generation and they're a bit more advanced and evolved than we are. They keep trying to tell us things, but we don't listen because we want to be in control. I noticed that when many children are put into

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Learning linked to light and peripheral vision

Post by Gopi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Basically it boils down to using the senses as well as possible. One is to use the lighting well for the physical eye, which due to cross sector linkage activates the mental eye as well. You are probably talking about creating the "ambiance" for learning.

Psychic skills, based primarily on non-local sense organs, means a non-locality in sense input is essential to activate them. An all-round lighting, as you mentioned... which is exactly what the daylight gives us. I think if we draw parallels, an overall touch of liquid / gas (lying in a bath-tub, standing in the breeze) is exactly what the mental skin wants, and a general level of smell and music (of a waterfall, or the birds). It gets me wondering that the ideal of "heaven" seems merely an expression of the need for using the psychic senses, which is why people see it as soon as they enter the Other World. Most valued, and also most natural.

In case of paintings, this is the technique used... foreground, middle-ground and background, same as in music. Heavy rock, that saturates the background (beats) but neglects the foreground (lyrics) can literally numb the psychic senses.
It is time.