Unimatrix Zero

Kheb is a monastery, remote but not secluded, where people can have an alternative to the mercantile system that is imposed upon society by our political and educational institutions. It is a physical PLACE, and this topic is to discuss the facilities, structures, accommodations, and other physical constructs needed to successfully implement the ideas behind the Sanctuary Project, as well as the "political" structures of a new type of monastic system.
Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Unimatrix Zero

Post by Alluvion » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:51 pm

LB's suggestion in another thread makes sense to me. Here is a link for more information on that concept.

I wonder about a small scale SMC with an orientation towards Kheb - what a complex position to occupy already. Any spatially fixed location in the world is ready fodder for consciousness and willpower moving through the vMemes - this is one of my large fears and also shows me where I am at in the vMemes in regards to REALLY learning. Anyways, how might we go about establishing a virtual (non-spatial) shard zone which we of many different orientations and biases can enter and exit at will?

Modeling of spatial precedent: Shangri-La has the landscape working for it. It is an impersonal, non-Meme constituent which provides a primarily physical challenge to a user (in the computer-related sense of the word). This is the precedent for many many churches, monasteries, and most certainly in militaristic/feudal vMeme time periods. A spatial location within a challenging context eliminates a majority of wayward, low-intelligence conflict through adjacency. One must be very dedicated, watchful and resourceful.

Spatially speaking, I don't believe that in this time period that is truly enough. Technology is sufficient to allow extreme adjacencies between vMeme 'power allotments' and actual intelligence. So taking this shared 'space' out of the world altogether sounds a bit more promising in terms of avoiding conflict - but how the hell to do it!