Magic School

The Institute is a non-profit, educational institution for the public promotion of the ideas and concepts put forth within the context of the Sanctuary Project. This forum is to discuss the structure of the Institute, requirements and the teach/learn and learn/teach systems.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Magic School

Post by LoneBear » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Time to start getting our version of "Hogwarts" organized... and that would mean writing some kind of syllabus to lay out the educational process. My goal here is to develop a process to increase consciousness in a person so that they reach the point of individuation, and can make a 3rd density choice. Once they have gotten to that point, then they can choose their service path, and we could have "advanced" courses to address that.

My focus with this syllabus is with the process of Individuation and Choice. After some lengthy discussions with Gopi and Cointreau, there does seem to be a pattern that people follow, along with some fear-based pitfalls that cause them to "abort" the process.

I was thinking of a set of courses somewhat along the "Celestine Prophecy" Insights, as foundational work. Sort of the xx-101 courses; first years.
Insight #1 wrote:Feeling restless? You're not alone: Everybody's starting to look for more meaning in life. Start paying closer attention to those seemingly "Chance Coincidences" - strange occurrences that feel like they were meant to happen. They are actually synchronistic events, and following them will start you on your path to spiritual truth.
This is basically how people come to the Magnum Opus; the Great Work. Through some strange coincidence, like buying property next door, meeting at a bookstore, connecting through a roommate, etc., people are brought to those who can help them get a foothold.

I would see an introductory class to reveal that they are in this class not by accident, but by design, and to see and understand the path they walked to arrive. It is always good to know where you are starting on a journey.

This would not be a "course", per se, but sort of an "orientation" class.
Insight #2 wrote:Observe our culture within its proper historical context. The first half of the past millennium was spent under the thumb of the church; in the second half we became preoccupied with material comfort. Now, at the end of the twentieth century, we've exhausted that preoccupation. We're ready to discover life's ultimate purpose.
This would be the prerequisite course... the fundamentals. Mythology, symbology, archetype, motif and allegory... how the interior world works, and all the illusions and misunderstandings that go with it. The goal of this class would be to bring a person out of the singular perspective--that what he sees is "real"--to challenge the belief systems sufficiently so there is questioning and an open mind. Basically get them to the "yellow" vMeme, where they can start to see the "system" in things, which gives proper historical context and opens the door to Tier 2.
Insight #3 wrote:Start to get acquainted with the subtle energy that infuses all things. With practice, you can learn to see the aura around any living being and to project your own energy around it to give it strength.
This would be "Intro to Psionics, 101", where a person's special abilities can start to be directly addressed, now that the founding principles have been set. Larson's Reciprocal System would come into play here, because with the RS2 extensions we have made, it can give a well-defined understanding of how and what "energy" is, and how to interact with it. Basically, a new understanding of what space and time are, and how the mind, body and spirit can interact with them productively. At the end of this course, one would be able to feel/sense energy fields, auras, and be able to interact with the intuition--the metaphysical "senses".
Insight #4 wrote:An unconscious competition for energy underlies all conflicts. By dominating or manipulating others, we get the extra energy we think we need. Sure, it feels good - but both parties are damaged in the conflict.
"Who's Who and What's That?"... with the fundamentals of symbolic communication and the metaphysical senses awakened, there will be abuse! I would envision this course to be primarily psychological, where things like complimentary neurotic structures and control dramas are brought out into the open. This awakens the intellect, and along with it, liberty. The goal here is to make the transition from being a "reactive" person, driven by constant response to stimuli, to a pro-active person--one who is aware of what is going on around them, and what is really important in their lives. This brings a person to the point where they become an "I AM" -- someone who is capable of making an individual, conscious choice as a knowing, intelligent act--the purpose of 3rd density.
Insight #5 wrote:The key to overcoming conflict in the world is the mystical experience, which is available to everyone. To nurture the mystical and build your energy, allow yourself to be filled with a sense of love.
"Choice 101" -- Courses in meditation and exploration, to integrate the awakened metaphysical component of the self and integrate it with the physical component, resulting in a "natural" peak experience, where you get to glimpse what is going on for yourself, and can make the choice of where you want to go with it.

From my personal perspective, there is not much point into going into advanced psionics and/or magic until a person has made their 3rd density Choice, and is thus relatively free of karma. I'm open to suggestions and opinions; perhaps introductory courses to things like divination, potions, and spells might be an interesting diversion from a somewhat more intellectual study. But one must be careful not to hand a flamethrower to a 5-year-old, who does not understand what it can do.

Also from my personal experience, it normally takes a person 3-4 years to complete the "course" to the point of making their choice. I would suspect that a more formalized system could reduce this by half, at least. There will be students who excel, and those who falter; we should have options for different levels, even though it is frowned upon by the NEA these days!

Ideas, opinions, refinements?

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Magic School

Post by Gopi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 am

I would like to add, that at the fundamental level (Insight #2) there should be an understanding of projection and psychology BEFORE they are introduced to the use and misuse of this energy. The primary way in which people start questioning is "Why is the world like this?" or "Why am I like this?"... basically two aspects of the same question.

Personally, realizing how "reactions" work was a big eye-opener for me. Might be good to put it in between Insight 2 and 3. Once projections are brought in, understanding vMemes follows naturally.

Another aspect is death. Extension of "you are not here by chance" idea from the course, to life and death is best addressed at the fundamental level, and while teaching about the metaphysical senses, it might be good to address this. Imagine starting a class with "Today we're gonna talk about Death!" :)
LoneBear wrote:perhaps introductory courses to things like divination, potions, and spells might be an interesting diversion from a somewhat more intellectual study.
Architecture might be a good thing to put into this category, as it not only involves physical activity, but also an understanding of the "vibes" of a place, the Yin aspects. Another Outdoor event is talking to plants and animals... Nature as a laboratory. I am sure potions, and perhaps even music, would fit right in there.
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:14 pm

I was thinking that in the first intro class, three questions should be answered:
  1. Who are you?
  2. What do you want?
  3. Why are you here?
Gopi wrote:I would like to add, that at the fundamental level (Insight #2) there should be an understanding of projection and psychology BEFORE they are introduced to the use and misuse of this energy. The primary way in which people start questioning is "Why is the world like this?" or "Why am I like this?"... basically two aspects of the same question.
3rd Insight is primarily becoming AWARE of the energy--the "other realm" that is based in fields and vibration. I would see the focus on sensing these energies, first in the outside realm, then within oneself. 4th Insight is where the power games come in, and perhaps that would be the logical place to put in the psychology behind the whys and hows of these games, because that is where people start to unconsciously use energetic interactions.
Gopi wrote:Another aspect is death. Extension of "you are not here by chance" idea from the course, to life and death is best addressed at the fundamental level, and while teaching about the metaphysical senses, it might be good to address this. Imagine starting a class with "Today we're gonna talk about Death!" :)
Do you know why they put walls around cemeteries? People are just dying to get in!

The whole topic of life, death, incarnation, reincarnation, this world, the Otherworld (soul world) and the Spirit world is quite large... could be an entire set of courses in itself. You have the underlying structures, karma, recovering past lives, interacting with them, dealing with input from future lives... that whole situation of "have I been here before, or am I yet to arrive?"

Thinking there needs to be an orientation and some fundamentals, than just a plethora of courses with defining prerequisites, so each can choose the path they want. Granted, they will all end up in the same spot, but then we are following that "free will / predestination" thing.
Gopi wrote:Architecture might be a good thing to put into this category, as it not only involves physical activity, but also an understanding of the "vibes" of a place, the Yin aspects. Another Outdoor event is talking to plants and animals... Nature as a laboratory. I am sure potions, and perhaps even music, would fit right in there.
Can you define this in terms of a course or series of courses?

Also, should there be a mentor/paduwan system, kind of like scholastic guidance counselors?

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Perhaps we are each students of a collaborative curriculum which has not hierarchy of leadership/ownership but is written out of the inevitable clashes/conflicts/distortions that arise from individuals participating in something shared.

This feels right to me, I'd like to be a student of this curriculum.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:08 am

LoneBear wrote:3rd Insight is primarily becoming AWARE of the energy--the "other realm" that is based in fields and vibration.
I realized later on that it was due to viewing in the Yin bias... our culture understands these vibes and acknowledges them more than most, even though it does not consciously use them.
LoneBear wrote:Can you define this in terms of a course or series of courses?
Arch 101: Design-a-Classroom

Here, the First Years can rearrange the place, plant things, and create a classroom that has a proper flow of energy, other than the conventional "box" in which we teach, with the Teacher in front and all the rest seated in rows.

Gypsology 101: Nature Lab

The way I visualize this is a small greenhouse and garden, with an opening into the surrounding forest. Growing herbs, choosing them, creating juices and powders and other things outta them via communication with the plants, generating potions...
LoneBear wrote:Also, should there be a mentor/paduwan system, kind of like scholastic guidance counselors?

I think the fundamentals must be taught with a clear structure of Teacher and Student, giving time for synchronicity to act and enable a mentor and paduwan to find one another. Then onwards, it can be named as such. I think it is important not to try and force a system into place.... it is possible that one does not have a mentor or a paduwan, for varying periods of time. The concept of "When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear" must be honored.
It is time.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:14 pm

In reference to the student/teacher/class-space relationships and methods you are referring to, wiki up some stuff on the Montessori schools in the west - sounds like you are tapping into those private/independent educational systems.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:13 am

Gopi wrote:
LoneBear wrote:Also, should there be a mentor/paduwan system, kind of like scholastic guidance counselors?

I think the fundamentals must be taught with a clear structure of Teacher and Student, giving time for synchronicity to act and enable a mentor and paduwan to find one another. Then onwards, it can be named as such. I think it is important not to try and force a system into place.... it is possible that one does not have a mentor or a paduwan, for varying periods of time. The concept of "When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear" must be honored.
The difficult part will be to prevent a de facto system (i.e. a certain status from having a mentor) from falling into place. The mentor/paduwan (guru/disciple -- meister/apprentice) relationship cannot be forced. If it is, then you have a different kind of relationship with the same name. I would think that such a thing should be outside the "official" structure of sanctuary. Having explicit guidance counselors may be a better idea.
Alluvion wrote:In reference to the student/teacher/class-space relationships and methods you are referring to, wiki up some stuff on the Montessori schools in the west - sounds like you are tapping into those private/independent educational systems.
Students typically start in the Montessori school system between 2 and a half and 3 years old. I'm not sure that we would want (at least initially) students that young. At a minimum, I think we would want students at least able to abstract and handle sbstract thought. This typically happens around 13 years of age but can vary (including people who will never do it).

My mother taught pre-school Montessori (as opposed to Elementary School, High School, or College/University) for a number of years and it certainly is different from the public school system. Instead of having teachers, students, and lectures, the students individually decide what they want to learn and then go out and learn it. The teachers are there to provide the opportunity for learning and to instruct the student on how to use things (such as equipment). Some classroom rules include having respect for the things and people in the classroom (if you aren't ready for the classroom, you may leave -- there is no requirement for being there -- you advance when you have demonstrated that you have learned everything in the classroom). You deal with one thing at a time. Materials, etc used for learning something must be put away (to allow another student to make use of them) before going onto the next learning activity. Also, a very high teacher / student ratio is necessary to ensure that the appropriate instruction is available when the student requests it.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by Alluvion » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:02 am

It doesn't matter about the age - the spirit of the Montessori curriculum, and other similar 'alternative' educational systems is what matters. One thing I learned from being both a student AND a teacher at university is that constantly returning to, reflecting on and refreshing upon the basics is absolutely important. One strategy our professors would use would be to take a very simple, utterly basic project given to first year students, first term, first week and give it to grad students during their first year, as their first project - it engenders reflection, which is what is so important about this kind of curriculum. Reflection, action, reflection, action - this leads to KNOWING through doing and being.

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by cointreau » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:01 pm

We could probably learn a thing or two from these folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvYYs7guTk

http://www.schoolofliving.org (the logo of the school immediately prompted me to think about the Kabbalah's tree of life)

Even though it looks like (as Cartman would put it) a whole bunch of tree hugging hippie crap, the important thing to note here is that this people had been actually doing this for a long time and many of the areas they concentrate on such as self sufficiency trough permaculture, intentional communities integration, geonomics (www.progress.org/geonomy/), etc... are of vital importance to our project.

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 am

LoneBear wrote:I was thinking that in the first intro class, three questions should be answered:
  1. Who are you?
  2. What do you want?
  3. Why are you here?
For me I would answer something like this

1. I dont know
2. Nothing
3. To learn/teach

What would be your answer? :D
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:30 pm

These questions are actually from the intro to Crusade, a Babylon 5 spinoff. I originally chose them because they can best be answered from the heart, not the head. Over the course of my life, this is what I have found for my answers:

1. Who are you?

Knight of the Grand Order of Frey and Keeper of the Troth of Asgard. (From my vision quest; not actually a military rank, but the only way I could understand the concept at the time.)

2. What do you want?

Humanity to evolve into an ethical species, working in peace and rapport with the Universe.

3. Why are you here?

Enlightenment.

infinity
Centurio
Centurio

Post by infinity » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 pm

I had the privilege of having attended a pretty good practical weeklong workshop about breaking through mental, emotional, and other "learned" ways of "knowing" things. There is a place of knowing, a way of knowing, that has nothing to do with emotion (feeling) or the intellect (thinking) but purely with the being (existence itself). In that workshop, the questions were a tad bit different as a tool to use to get the mind and emotions to all be expressed, and you are pushed for answers repeatedly on these over and over until you've given every answer you think you know or you feel you genuinely want or aspire to. Until, there is nothing left to answer. Not with words, not with thoughts, not with feelings. Until the only way to answer is with your "being".

1. Who are you?
2. What do you want?
3. How will you get it?

At the point where you have stretched and pushed yourself with all your might and all your strength and gotten to a point where you believe you've gotten to a place where you simply can't reach deeper in yourself for the answers, that there is NOTHING left, then only can you begin to discover - begin to become aware - that there is something to answer with, but it is not possible using your head or your feelings. It is not expressible.

And only by stretching with all of one's will for that answer, with all of your BEING, to the point where you are willing to DIE, truly die, by sheer willpower, in order to find the answer... then something extraordinary happens.

For one, by this point, your breathing is heavy, your focus is intense and sincere as if your life depended on it, and your body is burning from all the over-oxygenation from all the heavy breathing. And as you are straining with your BEING to reach that answer, that intangible, inexpressible sense you get that there's something deeper - then, your body goes limp, and you are in a different place. There is absolute peace. And you stretch yourself further for that answer with ALL your being, and you get a strong sense of something so big and so awesome that to even think a word or feel a feeling would be to violate the sacredness of it.

And then you have found, an answer that you would never have thought is possible. Who you truly are. And through that, everything else has meaning. Your purpose, reality, life, the universe, everything. Although, it seems not like an end, but a beginning. With new eyes. It never was an end, but always a beginning. This process works best with another person sitting across you asking these questions without judgement, but not letting you get away with anything but the only real way of finding it - which has nothing to do with the questions, with your words, feelings, or anything. It was all a process, a catalyst, that you could only discover with zero judgement, zero expectation, and total intention to know - to really, really know. When you actually fall off your chair in silence, without the ability to move for a while.
Last edited by infinity on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The death of dogma is the birth of morality" - Kant

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 am

I like the methods of the Montessori system, it fits right into the picture I have of a more natural type of education. I don't know if I agree with putting 2-3 year olds in. I'd like to see kids have a childhood. Not saying that if there's a 3 year old that incredibly advanced and if introduced the system starts soaking things in, by all means, let them at it! I do think however, that for now, kids need a childhood, and develop a bit before they are urged to start in the system. 13/14 feels like a good age. I think the education of a person should extend past 18, and not drive the students to rush into one field or another, simply because they are almost out of the system, and somehow out of time before they even begin.

And because it's fun:

1. Who are you? -- Me
2. What do you want? -- Everything and nothing, and for everyone else to have the same.
3. Why are you here? -- To develop practical knowledge and skills in order to achieve #2
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:05 pm

joeyv23 wrote:I like the methods of the Montessori system, it fits right into the picture I have of a more natural type of education. I don't know if I agree with putting 2-3 year olds in. I'd like to see kids have a childhood. Not saying that if there's a 3 year old that incredibly advanced and if introduced the system starts soaking things in, by all means, let them at it! I do think however, that for now, kids need a childhood, and develop a bit before they are urged to start in the system. 13/14 feels like a good age.
By 13/14, the desire for a real education has been beaten out of virtually everyone. It is too late by then. By starting with 2-3 year olds, they learn how to learn on their own from the very beginning. Education is then baked into their childhood and development. They make their own system and choose what they wish to learn. I have a family member who ran a Montessori school for years (and other friends who are certified Montessori teachers). The family member would not take children as young as 4-5 because it was too late and the children never adapted to a natural learning method.
joeyv23 wrote:I think the education of a person should extend past 18, and not drive the students to rush into one field or another, simply because they are almost out of the system, and somehow out of time before they even begin.
It is the person who decides not to extend their education beyond 18 (or much earlier as is much more often the case). Attending school is rarely an educational experience these days. There is nothing wrong with earning a living while also becoming more educated either. Until very recently in history, this is how most educated people became educated. In my experience, very few people really want an education. Most people want some level of schooling, a much different thing.

And to fit in with the thread:

1. Who are you? -- the impossible entity
2. What do you want? -- to solve the conundrum
3. Why are you here? -- to assist a small group of people to achieve some of their potential

PeacefulMe
Indagator
Indagator

Post by PeacefulMe » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:26 am

I don't how to accurately describe what education has become in this day and age. It can be downright scary. Kids are not allowed to think on their own. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Common Core Standards, but they don't allow kids to find their interests or passions in a public education setting. It's basically the government educating them to be little machines. There is a 40 minute movie about the CCS and when I watched it, it reminded me of things that have been discussed either here or on CH about where we are headed with respect to becoming cyborgs. I recommend watching when you have a chance.
http://www.commoncoremovie.com/

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:52 am

PeacefulMe wrote:Kids are not allowed to think on their own. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Common Core Standards, but they don't allow kids to find their interests or passions in a public education setting. It's basically the government educating them to be little machines. There is a 40 minute movie about the CCS and when I watched it, it reminded me of things that have been discussed either here or on CH about where we are headed with respect to becoming cyborgs. I recommend watching when you have a chance.
http://www.commoncoremovie.com/
I didn't know about that Common Core sneaking in--and that's just what they did. Did you read it? Classic works of literature get replaced by government-written infopackets. It has nothing to do with "education," but just programming to be a good little gear in the Machine. Noticed a few things missing... like ethics, cooperation, individual ability, ... mandatory testing (to win the "race"--rivalry) tells me that the teachers will only teach what is on the test, because that is how they will keep their job. And if it is not on the test, then you will not think about it.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated by the NWO.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.
Forever Standing Guard over the Bridge Between the Realms

PeacefulMe
Indagator
Indagator

Post by PeacefulMe » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:07 pm

That's exactly what is happening...they are teaching to the tests. And the way they are teaching math is utterly ridiculous. It's definitely not the way I learned way back when :wink: Personally, my kids are at home and learning more than they are in the schools. But what I tend to struggle with is what to teach them, especially since what they teach in the schools is backwards. I keep avoiding history because I'm still learning what the truth is there...same with science. Not to mention the literature. Like you said LB, classic works are history. It's a complete shame. By the way, can anyone provide me with some reliable resources for mythology, faeries...and anything else that can aid in our understanding of what is true? I would appreciate it :D

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:13 pm

PeacefulMe wrote:That's exactly what is happening...they are teaching to the tests. And the way they are teaching math is utterly ridiculous. It's definitely not the way I learned way back when :wink: Personally, my kids are at home and learning more than they are in the schools. But what I tend to struggle with is what to teach them, especially since what they teach in the schools is backwards. I keep avoiding history because I'm still learning what the truth is there...same with science. Not to mention the literature. Like you said LB, classic works are history. It's a complete shame. By the way, can anyone provide me with some reliable resources for mythology, faeries...and anything else that can aid in our understanding of what is true? I would appreciate it :D
Yes absolutely! I have been collecting a load of folklore and mythology pdf's for my collection which I shared with LoneBear and he in turn gave me access to even more so just let me know what area's you're interested in?

Here are some links to some great LM related posts from Conscious Hugs along with another link from the final topic with the book I am (still!) reading and loving:

LMs
http://fora.conscioushugs.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=237

The Gypsies / LM's
http://fora.conscioushugs.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=340

Veterans Today quote Dewey B. Larson...
http://fora.conscioushugs.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=730
if you haven't seen this from another post I did then check out the following account from Steve Aldale at 55:25 minutes in for a fascinating encounter and he says the same. He was hillwalking alone on Schiehallion (Scottish Gaelic: Sìdh Chailleann =Sacred Hill but Sidhe (Shee) are our little friends... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidhe), a mountain in Perthshire, Scotland, when the most amazing thing happened to him:

The Fairy Faith - (In Search of Fairies - Documentary)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-XuP-SrZ4
The Fairy-Faith in Celtic Countries, by W. Y. Evans Wentz
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/34853/34 ... 4853-h.htm

That should get you going for starters, have fun and any questions, just ask... :)

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 am

PeacefulMe wrote:By the way, can anyone provide me with some reliable resources for mythology, faeries...and anything else that can aid in our understanding of what is true? I would appreciate it :D
When I was young, my favorite "resource" was a good mystery... which was what books and shows were about back then, outside of the occasional coyote getting hit on the head with an anvil. Mysteries teach you how to be observant and to assemble clues into a world view--a very useful technique for life. When I think back to my old favorites, Fireball XL-5 (with Prof. Matt Matic on his never-ending quest for the perfect cup of tea), Stingray, Johnny Quest, and the old book series, Sherlock Holmes and The Happy Hollisters--I still smile from the memories. They were all based on mysteries--something strange happens and people work together to try to figure it out. Even Dewey Larson was a big "detective book" fan. They were all about opening the mind to new possibilities.

Thinking back got me thinking... I've noticed a lack in the ability to "solve a mystery" in the younger generations. And they avoid situations that would require them TO solve a mystery--rather than attempting it, they just "turn off" and stand there like a statue, waiting for someone else to come along, figure it out, and hand them the answer. I just saw an example of this on a TV game show, where a contestant had 30 seconds to open a can with an old lever-style can opener. She just stood there, with the can in one hand and the opener in the other, with this dumbfounded expression on her face, until the time ran out. Did not even make an attempt to try to figure it out. To me, this indicates very little abstraction in the upper layers of the neocortex, since that is what we use to "figure things out." We abstract the clues and look for similar patterns in unrelated information. Take away man's ability to abstract, and what do you have left? Just a good slave that "obeys without question," because he cannot abstract anything TO question.

I think the best way to find out what is "true" (since truth is subjective), is to learn how to solve a mystery. So when you read a book on the fae, for example, don't just read it as a story--but read it as a mystery, and look for the clues to how they, in their realm, interact with ours.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:05 pm

LoneBear wrote:"To be a socialist is to submit the 'I' to the thou; socialism is sacrificing the individual to the whole."
--Joseph Goebbels (Hitler's Minister of Propaganda)
"A Communist... should be more concerned about the Party and the masses, than about any individual."
--Mao Tse Tung
"We need to stop worrying about the rights of the individual and start worrying about what is best for society."
--Hillary Clinton
(From Larken Rose's Youtube video, "What's So Bad About Nazis?")
(U.S. Headed for Neo-Communism; Manipulism and the Weapon of Guilt: Collectivism Exposed)
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

daniel
Centurio
Centurio

Post by daniel » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
if you haven't seen this from another post I did then check out the following account from Steve Aldale at 55:25 minutes in for a fascinating encounter and he says the same. He was hillwalking alone on Schiehallion (Scottish Gaelic: Sìdh Chailleann =Sacred Hill but Sidhe (Shee) are our little friends... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidhe), a mountain in Perthshire, Scotland, when the most amazing thing happened to him:

The Fairy Faith - (In Search of Fairies - Documentary)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX-XuP-SrZ4
Did you realize that the camera actually caught the image of an LM in that video? Many times, people "look" but do not "see." The LMs are field effects, so you have to look for what I call "convenient distortions" from the background... about 8 minutes in:
LM-behind-tree.png
LM hiding behind tree, according to speaker
Now if you don't see what I see... look closely at the tree in the center, right where the small branch forks off to the left. If you look close enough, you can also see a body and arms behind the tree.
LM-behind-tree-closeup.jpg
Closeup
LM-behind-tree-closeup.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:59 pm

daniel wrote:look closely at the tree in the center, right where the small branch forks off to the left. If you look close enough, you can also see a body and arms behind the tree.

I see, and I noticed it right away, a face of a "Grey alien". Plus, when I look at the trunk of the tree on the right, I see quite a big face in the center of it (possibly with open mouth) - as if the tree itself would have a face. Just like in the second part of the Lord of the Rings - the scene with those big old talking trees.

Could something like this explain the "rock face" on this picture?

"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:38 am

daniel wrote:"convenient distortions"
You mean something like from the movie "Predator" when the predator has its cloaking device on, those kind of distortions?
Enjoy the Silence

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:40 am

Ilkka wrote:
daniel wrote:"convenient distortions"
You mean something like from the movie "Predator" when the predator has its cloaking device on, those kind of distortions?
Yeah that's pretty much what I saw, like a distortion of light bending and looking like a small tornado moving across my path, since my brain couldn't find a pattern to match as I had seen a ripple in hyperspace for the first time... that I can recall anyway!
bruce wrote:Yep, that is an LM. A little yellow tornado is about all the human eye can perceive when they are in "equivalent space" (the "hyperspace" of Sci-Fi). Until you've visited THEIR realm, then somehow the mind "updates" with the necessary information to interpret hyperspatial senses, and they become visible.
http://fora.conscioushugs.com/viewtopic ... =730#p4026

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:02 am

deepfsh wrote:Could something like this explain the "rock face" on this picture?
What I've been wondering about... you can clearly see the shadow of an astronaut in a space suit holding a camera, but what's the shadow on the right being cast from?

I believe they actually found an entire statue and a broken sword laying on the stone next to it (which is visible in the photo).