Status

NOTICE: There are NO PUBLIC FORUMS you can post to on this site. You must register to post and view additional forums. PLEASE READ THIS FORUM for general information about features of this forum, rules, member options and guidelines.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Status

Post by LoneBear » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am

Hopefully, Comcast/Xfinity is done with their cable stuff in this area now. Google came through a while back and installed fiber (Comcast only had cable) and stole most of their customers, and now they are upgrading to get some back. At least it means cheaper prices and higher connections speeds.

There are still a number of corrupted posts scattered around the site. I have done my best to restore the ones I found from pre-HD crash backups, but it was not possible to find all of them (no pattern to follow). If you run across a post that has bits missing or is not formatting correctly, let me know.

I have done a lot of cleanup on the forum and made some changes. First, I want it clearly understood that this has been my research forum for decades and will continue to be so. I have allowed others to read that research and contribute to it, but I will not allow spamming, slanderous comments or abusive/warped use of the material on this forum to invade the life of another. Such actions will get you banned.

Though this website may host discussion of Antiquatis Institute, it is NOT part of that organization--I pay for this and maintain it, out of my own pocket, and have since 1996. Those involved with the Institute have NO say in what goes on here--it is my personal decision alone.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Status

Post by Lozion » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Is that a LM, SM or human ship in the banner??
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

SiteAdmin
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by SiteAdmin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:11 pm

I am still having issues with PostgreSQL randomly crashing; seems to be problems with the table indexing. Tomorrow (Sunday), I'm going to dump all the databases to flat SQL files, uninstall and reinstall Postgres, then reload the databases. So if the forum gets an SQL error, just wait a bit. The entire procedure should only take about an hour.
Lozion wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:07 pm
Is that a LM, SM or human ship in the banner??
Technically human... the Jupiter II from the old Lost in Space series. (I was wondering if anyone would notice.)

SiteAdmin
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by SiteAdmin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:39 am

Database reload is finished. It went remarkably smooth, considering the amount of information that reloaded from a dozen databases. Couple of minor problems with "duplicate index entries" on the phpBB fora, but that is because they treat a database as a filesystem--not a database--so there is no referential integrity or proper constraints.

There are still a few character set issues, where a post will display with strange characters (usually boxes). I've caught a bunch of them, but if you run into a post that does not display properly, drop me a link so I can take a look. (Probably been this way for years, from an older version of the forum.)