Chatbox

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Chatbox

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:11 pm

LoneBear wrote:Unfortunately, Larson (and conventional science) have electricity wrong... one of those things I've been meaning to write a paper on, as I fixed it in RS2. Electricity is NOT a flow-based system--but a pressure-based one, exactly like the plumbing in your home. Under normal conditions, there is 40-60 PSI in your water pipes--just sitting there, doing nothing.
I expect this can paint a legitimate picture of the effect high-pressure systems can have on the body. Imagine being sprayed by a fire hose, but the water moves right through you and only hits your energy. All EMFs do differently is wear you out over clock-time, rather than feeling the wear and tear the high-pressure hose creates against you instantly.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:13 pm

I'd post this in CH since its more of a daniel question, but its a quick thought: when the sun was more yellow did the moon look any different? It seems really bright lit, even at crescent.
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 am

Andrew wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:13 pm
I'd post this in CH since its more of a daniel question, but its a quick thought: when the sun was more yellow did the moon look any different? It seems really bright lit, even at crescent.
I've thought about this a fair bit and i'm pretty sure that the moon is not only brighter at night but it is also much more visible during the rare clear days when you can see the sky and it isn't obstructed by the cloud shield, regardless of the phase.

It makes sense that a brighter sun emitting faster, whiter photons would have an effect on the reflection of the moon during the day and at night. A few full moons have made night time seem a heck of a lot brighter too, almost like having a big lamp in the sky.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:30 am

Andrew wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:13 pm
In the old days of the yellow sun, the moon was the color of green cheese.
More white now.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:53 am

I was talking out my ideas last night of what I've learned about RS, anthropology, and human origins, and I glanced out my window thinking about our SM creators, and I felt for the first time a true spatial connection. It felt like a magnetic resonance, like I was being drawn toward them. And in that moment they lost their mysticism. They are out there, in space, just like I am, living under the same natural laws as we are. RS really does simplify the universe enough to make it seem smaller, and changing the perception of what would formerly be seen as impossible probable through effort and experiment, going beyond space and time.

The magnetic resonance I experienced felt like what magic would feel like, I thought too. Less mystical when you establish a spatial connection.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:53 am
The magnetic resonance I experienced felt like what magic would feel like, I thought too. Less mystical when you establish a spatial connection.
For a wizard, magick isn't mystical--it is a cosmic science. Just a different kind of "tool box."
4 8 15 16 23 42

7Serpent
Indagator
Indagator

Post by 7Serpent » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:58 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Unfortunately, Larson (and conventional science) have electricity wrong... one of those things I've been meaning to write a paper on, as I fixed it in RS2. Electricity is NOT a flow-based system--but a pressure-based one, exactly like the plumbing in your home. Under normal conditions, there is 40-60 PSI in your water pipes--just sitting there, doing nothing.
I learned this concept that many years ago.. putting together my welding knowledge and recalling that a college professor had remarked the same idea. He said that electrical engineering is quite analogous to mechanical. Its been a long time, but I'm thinking it was F=ma is as V=IR. The formulas were the same just applied to a different aspect of nature... but as it were, IF you have ever done any wire welding like GMAW or electrically speaking, constant voltage, I always explain it this way to new students in the craft in maybe even the older ones when trying to help them understand how to make adjustments to their welding machine to get the desired effect... Hard to explain if you are not a welder, but I explain to them that the amperage or current is like the water going thru the pipe at your house and voltage is like the water pressure or the force that pushes the water thru the pipe. Its the same concept that LB is referring. SO by turning up the voltage on the dial, the same amount of water is flowing thru the pipe, but know it has more pressure applied to it. Most welders will say it gets hotter by turning up the voltage. This is incorrect since heat is increased by adding current, not voltage. At any rate, I don't know what LB is going to add that applies where RS or RS2 and electricity/free energy is concerned, but I would sure like to know that some day.

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:16 am

^ Interesting to know about welding.

How come the old website was called soldierhugs?

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Finally got it. Unfortunately, I've never smelled a more artificial material used for pages. It smells like rubber and petroleum. Worst book smell ever.
Attachments
15094186923481353760935.jpg

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:24 pm

Andrew wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:16 am
How come the old website was called soldierhugs?
Because on the original site, you could send a hug to a soldier working overseas.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 pm

As you all might know, Bitcoin has been the alternative new-age crypto-currency that opposes the Federal reserve and all fiat currencies. But why have I never been attracted to it? Maybe it's because it handles both the currency and transactions digitally, and so the "whole system" can go down with the right EMP or shutdown, and then all of your "time" disappears. Maybe that's why I never got a "feel" for it. But a lot of new-age people love it.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Bitcoin

Post by LoneBear » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Andrew wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 pm
But why have I never been attracted to it? Maybe it's because it handles both the currency and transactions digitally...
I have avoided it as well; just another fiat currency. You have to remember that, in the United States, we use "Federal Reserve Notes," which are promissory notes--a promise to pay something. However, since it is backed by nothing, you get nothing in return. Originally, we had gold and silver certificates--the certificate representing a physical quantity of gold or silver in the US Treasury. That's all gone now.

Bitcoin was imaginary from the start, backed by nothing and does not even have a tangible presence (like a slip of paper). It was probably invented as a joke, now gone out of control.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 pm

LB, has anything in the RS better informed you as to the optimal duration of sleep? I've always think of the old Napoleon quote on the subject. "Six [hours] for a man, seven for a woman, eight for a fool."

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Cycle of Sleep

Post by LoneBear » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 am

Andrew wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 pm
LB, has anything in the RS better informed you as to the optimal duration of sleep? I've always think of the old Napoleon quote on the subject. "Six [hours] for a man, seven for a woman, eight for a fool."
Larson does the math for it in Beyond Space and Time, concluding that 8 hours is the natural cycle for a 24-hour day. He uses his "direction reversal" concept for the photon, two steps out (two, 8-hour waking units) and one step in (one, 8-hour sleeping unit).

I have found that as you get older, you need less sleep. I'm pushing 61 now and typically sleep about 6.5 hours. When I was younger, I could hit 9 or 10 on weekends. I think it comes from the change in ability to expend energy quickly. In the young, energy is strong and quick, as you age, it becomes slow and steady. I can still run people half my age into the ground, because they try to do the strong/quick as I do the slow/steady, and they just "run out of juice."

The physical body only needs about TWO HOURS to do its maintenance work, per 24-hour interval. If you are sick or injured, that time will significantly increase because there is just so much more "physical" work to accomplish.

If you are walking the Path and have to face challenges, such as a Dark Night of the Soul, you can sleep for VERY long periods because of the problems with the inter-regional ratio (156.44) that separates the waking/material from the sleeping/cosmic. In 8 hours of sleep, you can experience 52 DAYS of "dream."

That is why most dreams are very short in "clock time" duration--about 15 minutes, which is a 40-hour work week in the dreamscape. I dream about 45 minutes a night. If you purchase on of those recording pulse oximeters from Walmart (~$32) and use it overnight, you can easily see NREM and REM sleep patterns, based on your pulse and blood oxygen levels--you can also tell WHEN you dream and how many times.

Additionally, the moon (lunar cycles) greatly influence the dreamscape. The 28-day cycle (the "physical" biorhythm cycle) spans about 12 years in the dreamscape. This is where we get the tendency to want to break things into 12 pieces, like the zodiac. The year is the natural cycle of completion for the bulk of life on this world (plants), so we treat the year as a kind of "segmental" system. Our consciousness is influenced by the lunar cycle, so we group 12 of those segments together for a larger, dreamscape cycle.

From my life experience, WHEN you go to sleep and wake up are the critical factors, not HOW LONG. The actual "old saying" is to wake and sleep with the sun--but the author was far more equatorial than most of us are.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Cycle of Sleep

Post by Ilkka » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:20 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:00 am
From my life experience, WHEN you go to sleep and wake up are the critical factors, not HOW LONG. The actual "old saying" is to wake and sleep with the sun--but the author was far more equatorial than most of us are.
It is quite hard to wake up at this time around when sun isn't shining like at all, especially with thick clouds above in the morning. I tend to be sleepy and if not getting up early enough I get achy from lying for too long and later the day I usually get bad headache for the rest of the day.

If you count the actual lunar cycles (~27 days) you get little over 13 of them in one year. I have thought of a better calendar for us to use 28 days per month, which would be more boring than our current one for sure but more accurate for lunar cycles. I guess the "authorities" dont like the number 13 in Europe either.

Come to think of it why we need to have 7 days a week even? Maybe we could have more or less than just 7 days. Less would be better perhaps like 6 days a week or 10 days per week, how does that sound? Given the imagination of work days being not what they currently are and would be with the new calendar system.

Less sleep is likely tied to the amount of melatonin production as well as the modern science indicates. They say melatonin production reduces with age, there might be a "but" too in that one with the poisons in the air and consumables that affect the body also.
Enjoy the Silence

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Bitcoin

Post by Arcelius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:37 pm

LoneBear wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:13 pm
Andrew wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 pm
But why have I never been attracted to it? Maybe it's because it handles both the currency and transactions digitally...
I have avoided it as well; just another fiat currency. You have to remember that, in the United States, we use "Federal Reserve Notes," which are promissory notes--a promise to pay something. However, since it is backed by nothing, you get nothing in return. Originally, we had gold and silver certificates--the certificate representing a physical quantity of gold or silver in the US Treasury. That's all gone now.

Bitcoin was imaginary from the start, backed by nothing and does not even have a tangible presence (like a slip of paper). It was probably invented as a joke, now gone out of control.
In addition, the Federal Reserve Notes have a comment on them about being considered "Legal Tender". This means they can be used to meet any public or private debt. People are required by law to accept them (Federal Reserve Notes) as payment.

There are no such provisions for Bitcoin. You can have millions in Bitcoins and it can be refused as payment.
Wikipedia wrote:In 1963, the Reformed Druids of North America (RDNA) was founded by students at Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota, a liberal arts college that required its members to attend some form of religious services. As a form of humorous protest against this rule, a group of students, who contained Christians, Jews and agnostics within their ranks, decided to create their own, non-serious religious group. Their protest was successful, and the requirement was scrapped in 1964. Nonetheless, the group continued holding services, which were not considered Neopagan by most members, but instead thought of an inter-religious nature.
They still operate and have a surprising membership (http://rdna.info/). Just speaking of things that start as a joke....

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Can I get an example of a new-age narcissist or what new-age narcissism sounds like in respect to the red vmeme?

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Happy Thanksgiving fam

Ilkka
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Ilkka » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 am

Andrew wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:44 pm
Happy Thanksgiving fam
I am no expert, but isnt that the day to celebrate Native American oppression and some like that?
Something that offends the natives etc.
Enjoy the Silence

Andrew
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 am

Ilkka wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 am
Andrew wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:44 pm
Happy Thanksgiving fam
I am no expert, but isnt that the day to celebrate Native American oppression and some like that?
Something that offends the natives etc.
If thats what you choose to focus on.