Who's Who and What's That

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Who's Who and What's That

Post by LoneBear » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:12 pm

I was working on fixing some bugs on the main site, and found some interesting stats on the types of people that visit Antiquatis that filled in the profile fields:

United States (77%)
India (8%)
Australia (4%)
All others (11%)

Most members by Sun Sign (same % for each sign listed):
14% Aquarius, Libra
10% Scorpio, Virgo
7% Gemini, Aries, Cancer, Pisces, Sagittarius, Leo
5% Capricorn, Taurus

MBTI information:
Introversion (67%), Extraversion (33%)
Intuition (80%), Sensation (20%)
Thinking (50%), Feeling (50%)
Perception (66%), Judgement (34%)

Just 4 signs make up 48% of the membership, Aquarius, Libra, Scorpio and Virgo. Makes sense in a way, given the major drive of the sign:

Aquarius, known for compassion, wants peace and harmony with everyone working together to build a better tomorrow. Highly psychic.
Libra, known for being the most civilized, wants a stable world of harmony and beauty. Also known for psychic abilities.

Aquarius and Libra have close to the same objectives in life and have the psi skills to see what is coming, where things are going, and what they can do to change it. Not surprised at all that these two signs showed up at the top of the Antiquatis list.

Scorpio, known for passion, wants an emotional world with LOTS of love and comraderie.
Virgo, known for their meticulous detail, wants a neat and orderly world where everything runs like clockwork.

Two signs that also seek harmony in the world, for different reasons than Aquarius and Libra, but compliment the former nicely. This third of the zodiac is also known for not being interested in the acquisition of "things" (money, power, fame), which is one of the reasons they tend to work well together.

On the other extreme, the "practical" nature of Taurus and the "serious" nature of Capricorn would not make them very interested in the more Utopian, pie-in-the-sky outlook of this site. But there are always exceptions, as the sun sign is just some instinctive rules you are born with, and does not determine the course of your life. The more conscious a person becomes, the less influence the zodiac has upon them.

The biggest surprise, at least for me, in the data was the exact 50/50 split between thinking and feeling. I think that says a lot that they are on an equal footing--a self-balancing system.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Who's Who and What's That

Post by Arcelius » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Aquarius and Libra are both Air signs (Gemini is the other Air sign) while Capricorn and Taurus are Earth signs (Virgo is the other Earth sign).

Gemini is typically characterized as the most "flighty" of the Air signs. Virgo is typically the least physical of the Earth signs.

Using the percentages, I come up with:
Air: 35
Earth: 20
Fire: 21
Water: 24

A bit Air-heavy but rather well balanced otherwise. I think that may come out in some of the discussions :wink: .

For the Qualities, I come up with:
Cardinal: 33
Fixed: 36
Mutable: 31

Even better balanced. Perhaps Eccles can comment further.

For the MTBI, according to CAPT (http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/est ... encies.htm), the estimated percentages in the USA are:
Introversion (47-55) / Extroversion (45-53)
Intuition (26-34) / Sensation (66-74)
Thinking (40-50) / Feeling (50-60)
Perception (40-46) / Judging (54-60)

The Thinking/Feeling balance does fit within the estimate range in the USA. However, none of the others are. This especially is true for the Intuition versus Sensation. Most people with the Sensation preference would not be very interested in the topics here. I did also expect the Introversion to be much more than average since many people here tend to be more inward-looking rather than outward. I was a bit surprised to see how high the Perception is over the Judging though. I guess in general we like to keep our options open.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Some Medicine Wheel analysis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Ran across something else that is interesting. There are primarily 3 contributors to the main Antiquatis site for material, myself, Gopi and Tulan. When looking at the astrological relations (using Medicine Wheel astrology, not the conventional stuff), it seems there is a component missing--there should be 4 (as the L-race with their 90-degree turns, et al, need 4 to complete the whole--even in the Antiquatis logo).

I noticed that just the 3 people fill 75% of the astrological properties:

LoneBear: Air, Butterfly clan, North, Night, Winter.
Gopi: Fire, Thunderbird clan, East, Morning, Spring.
Tulan: Water, Frog clan, West, Evening, Autumn.

There is not a single crossover between the three of us, and one, and ONLY one, piece is missing from the elements, clans, directions, day and season, which leaves the missing link:

???: Earth, Turtle clan, South, Afternoon, Summer. Cross-referencing the attributes ends you up at Virgo--one of the 4 popular signs that visit this site.

Now Sherman, set the Waybac to 1995 and my Vision Quest to Bear Butte, where I wrote a poem in pitch darkness...

There should be "four winds"...

"I call on the four winds, to those who can hear."
"Four winds together, only this can last."
"Four of each, then all can see."

And I found this rather interesting...

"When north and west, Flow the same way, East will arrive, On the same day."

I'm "north" and went to Kentucky to help out L/L Research. Tulan came out to help also (West) and just about the same time we started working there, I got some email forwarded by David Wilcock from Gopi (East).

And what about the missing link?

"South is slow, And forgot the Why, To kill or cure, Must live or die."

Turtle clan... no wonder they are missing!
Sixteen years ago and that poem is still haunting me.

I also noticed an unusual pattern between the clans. Each clan has 3 member signs, and they form a Keely-like trinity of positive, negative and neutral (to use Keely's terms). It is as though the positives are driven by hope, the negatives are driven by fear, and the neutrals will go along for the ride in either direction. It breaks down to this:

Clan: positive / negative / neutral

Butterfly: Aquarius / Gemini / Libra
Thunderbird: Aries / Leo / Sagittarius
Frog: Scorpio / Pisces / Cancer
Turtle: Virgo / Capricorn / Taurus

If you plot them out on the Zodiac, you get the SAME, symmetric pattern for each of the three biases, X-O-X-O-O-X-O-X (where X is the biased sign, positive, negative or neutral, and O are skipped signs). It's actually reflective symmetry: X-O-X-O | O-X-O-X, evenly distributed over the zodiac.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Here is my depiction of the archetypal relations of the Medicine Wheel, using Zodiac symbols (in Native American "compass" orientation) and the additional information from the prior discussion.

In the central cones, blue (+) and red (-) are opposites, since their intersection results in a non-spectral color. Green is neutral (the intersection of blue and red as a spectral color). White is yang (+), black is yin (-).

The "capstones" over the signs are the clans ("elements" of conventional zodiac).

And the background has something to say... air, water, earth, desert (fire). I've always found it interesting that certain Native American tribes oriented their directions in this fashion, and assigned tribes of people (races) to the colors: North (white, Caucasian), East (yellow, Oriental), South (black, Negro), West (red, Native American). If you look at the wheel as a compass, it would have to be placed in the Mediterranean Sea to be accurate--not the Americas, as red man is on the other side of the water, yellow man is on the other side of fire--the desert, white man is up north in Europe and black man is south in tropical, and very green, Africa.
MedicineWheelCompositejpg.jpg
Medicine Wheel Composite
MedicineWheelCompositejpg.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 5118 times

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Star Signs

Post by LoneBear » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 pm

It is interesting to look at character interplay on television shows... seems astrology plays a role in it:

Stargate SG-1: the air/earth team (10 seasons)

Jack O'Neill: Aquarius -- north, air
Daniel Jackson: Capricorn -- north, earth
Samantha Carter: Virgo -- south, earth
Teal'C: Libra -- west, air
Jonas Quinn: Scorpio -- west, water
Vala Mal Doran: Libra -- west, air
Cameron Mitchell: Sagittarius -- west, fire
General George Hammond: Leo -- south, fire
General Hank Landry: Sagittarius -- west, fire
Richard Woolsey: Scorpio -- west, water
Janet Frasier: Scorpio -- west, water

Stargate Atlantis: the fire/earth team (5 seasons)

Elizabeth Weir: Sagittarius -- west, fire
Rodney McKay: Aries -- east, fire
Aiden Ford: Sagittarius -- west, fire
Ronan Dex: Leo -- south, fire
John Sheppard: Capricorn -- north, earth
Teyla Emmagan: Capricorn -- north, earth
Carson Beckett: Capricorn -- north, earth
Jennifer Keller: Gemini -- east, air

Stargate Universe: the mixed bag (2 seasons)

Nicholas Rush: Aries -- east, fire
Everett Young: Pisces -- north, water
Matthew Scott: Libra -- west, air
Eli Wallace: Capricorn -- north, earth
Chloe Armstrong: Virgo -- south, earth
Tamara Johansen: Aries -- east, fire
Ronald Greer: Leo -- south, fire
Camile Wray: Scorpio -- west, water

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Babylon 5

The primary human cast:

Cmdr Sinclair: Taurus
Capt Sheridan: Taurus
Capt Lochley: Scorpio
Susan Ivanova: Leo
Dr. Franklin: Pisces
Talia Winters: Aquarius
Marcus: Libra
Lyta Alexander: Virgo
Zack Allen: Libra
Warren Keffer: Virgo
David Corwin: Aries

Ambassadors and their assistants:

Delenn: Virgo
Lennier: Aquarius
G'Kar: Taurus
Na'Toth: Aquarius
Londo: Taurus
Vir: Taurus

Other recurring characters:

Draal: Aquarius
Neroon: Scorpio
Mr. Morden: Aries
Al Bester: Virgo
Zathras: Libra

WhiteFyre
Discens
Discens

Post by WhiteFyre » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 am

I realize I just got here, and I'm not saying I'm right, but as I read through this, when I got to "South is slow, And forgot the Why, To kill or cure, Must live or die," I felt like I got the air knocked out of me.

"South is slow," I first arrived here from Daniel's direction on March 22, which might be a synchronicity as it is 17 years, 6 months, and 17 days after you wrote the poem. I was also born and raised in Texas, considered the South of the USA. My astrological sign is Sagittarius but I rummaged through some information on this Medicine Wheel astrology and figured out I actually match the Turtle clan far better than I match Thunderbird, as I am a logical, calm thinker who is usually in deep thought and can be quite stubborn while also avoiding conflict when possible. The South's color of Black also happens to be my literal last name. You also explained in another thread I think that black man was to study water, and a few months ago I decided by favorite color was now blue, water, and not green for plants.

"And forgot the Why" There's actually a bit of a story behind this. Before I graduated high school I decided to follow in my Grandfather's path and just enlist in the Air Force. I was honestly being lazy now that I think about it, I didn't want to deal with life on my own at college or trying to go through admissions and all this other nonsense. I'd rather feel secure in the military. That ended up not working out, as my Grandfather literally died right before I shipped to boot camp, and I attended his funeral the weekend before I shipped that Monday. I ended up falling into a deep depression and I guess you could sort of say I "forgot the Why" of why I joined in the first place, and eventually I was sent home before I finished training. Of course, the line could be referencing something else.

"To kill or cure," When I got home, it was hell. I was a bit jacked up. Home life was crap. I had a father who had lost all belief in me, and my mother had never been there in the first place. But then I realized that I wanted to help [cure] people, not kill them. This realization was affirmed when a synchronicity came along incredibly soon after, where I was literally handed a job in an assisted living facility by my stepmother's friend. There, I knew that was what I wanted. I wanted to heal/help/cure people, not to kill people. I was never meant to kill. So now I'm working towards becoming a Nurse. (I'm very very iffy about being a Doctor. I'm tackling Nursing first, and I don't feel I have a lot of interest in being a Doctor.) It was this line that felt like someone was driving their fist into my abdomen, because this very question is basically what I was trying to answer during and after boot camp.

"Must live or die," I'm not sure about this line. It might be related to me having gone through a number of suicidal episodes throughout my life, such as trying to choke myself to death back in middle school, etc. I've always kinda gravitated towards suicide when I fell into deep depressions due to loneliness and isolation. During those depressions, variants of the question of whether I must live or die would often come up in my mind. I'm pretty set on life now though. It could well be related to something else that I'm not recognizing though.

Again, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just informing you that that stanza really hit home for me. It just seems to be so accurate to me, but I really don't want to seem like some egotistical bastard by thinking your poem is referencing me.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm

WhiteFyre wrote:Again, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just informing you that that stanza really hit home for me. It just seems to be so accurate to me, but I really don't want to seem like some egotistical bastard by thinking your poem is referencing me.
I'm glad it resonated with you. No telling who it was written for, I just copied it down as it was given to me by my "ancestors," sitting in pitch black darkness, on the side of a mountain. If you've learned something from the stanza, then it must be doing its job!

WhiteFyre
Discens
Discens

Post by WhiteFyre » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 pm

This kind of thing seems to happen more and more to me, but this was totally unprecedented. It's rare that I feel that kind of resonation with information. In a way, it feels like my subconscious is banging on the door trying to get me to fully accept that you guys really are probably onto something here, a process I've struggled with for years and that's barred me from pursuing my full potential.

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:25 pm

WhiteFyre wrote:(I'm very very iffy about being a Doctor. I'm tackling Nursing first, and I don't feel I have a lot of interest in being a Doctor.)
“Are they doctors?” Harry asked Ron quietly.
“Doctors?" said Ron, looking startled. "Those Muggle nutters that cut people up? Nah, they're Healers.”
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

WhiteFyre wrote:In a way, it feels like my subconscious is banging on the door trying to get me to fully accept that you guys really are probably onto something here, a process I've struggled with for years and that's barred me from pursuing my full potential.
It's nothing new... been around for centuries under different names. Just a new approach, with a new technology. Hoping something will come of it this time.

WhiteFyre
Discens
Discens

Post by WhiteFyre » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:23 pm

You can't really blame someone for just doing what they've been taught and believe to be true, especially in the instance of medicine where it is very much practical and results-based. Of course, medicine is constantly changing too, and most doctors are actually pretty nice, religious-type people that simply want to help others. It's understood now that patient mentality has a lot to do with their health, for instance, and part of my job will be trying to ensure they're happy to facilitate better health. :P

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am

WhiteFyre wrote:You can't really blame someone for just doing what they've been taught and believe to be true, especially in the instance of medicine where it is very much practical and results-based. Of course, medicine is constantly changing too, and most doctors are actually pretty nice, religious-type people that simply want to help others. It's understood now that patient mentality has a lot to do with their health, for instance, and part of my job will be trying to ensure they're happy to facilitate better health. :P
Back in my systems consultant days, I did work at hospital data centers and got to know a lot of the nurses. Many of the experienced nurses were very frustrated with the system, which is designed to keep you in it--you can only get "healed" if you are rich. Hospitals get government kickbacks for every underfunded or insured person that visits, so there is a vested interest in just covering up symptoms, not healing, because if you got better, you'd stop visiting and they'd stop getting those checks. "Healthcare" is a VERY profitable industry--and that's the root of the problem.

WhiteFyre
Discens
Discens

Post by WhiteFyre » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm

That problem can likely be attributed to perhaps a small core of doctors, but more importantly, to administrators and other control nuts, just like it is in every other industry plagued by the same people. The problem of wildly profitable healthcare will remain until the people change it, just like is necessary for everything else on this planet.

daniel
Centurio
Centurio

Post by daniel » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:06 pm

WhiteFyre wrote:The problem of wildly profitable healthcare will remain until the people change it, just like is necessary for everything else on this planet.
A simple solution to most of the economic problems these days: make "insurance" illegal. I remember back when Insurance companies thought chiropractors were quacks... and an "adjustment" cost $7. After they started accepting insurance, the SAME visit cost $65. That's almost like paying $2.00 for a 15-cent hamburger!
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

Obzistian
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Obzistian » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:33 am

Yeah, I'm resistant(Obsist) in this matter, you know us Turtles.
We even went over all of this back in the early 90s.
Slow, but deliberate.
The data I contribute is going to require 3-D time language, nevermind, just got it
scalar 'vibration', oh wait, that's soul music.
Reminds me of the B-5 episode, where Kosh takes Sheridan to 'listen'.
and now i have to go watch it again.
http://youtu.be/Jli3ruqWYlc
Season 2, ep. 14 "There all the Honor Lies"
Interactive Intelligence coordinates movement in harmony with its nature.