Numerology and Harmonics

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Numerology and Harmonics

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 am

Numerology is any study of the divine, mystical or other special relationship between a count or measurement, and observed or perceived events.
I will admit that numerology was one of those studies I never took too seriously, because it did not make much sense. Another study was the "harmonics," where numbers are reduced to a single digit as in Bruce Cathie's books. My recent study of the ancient sagas and legends have enlightened me on these topics.

What I have found is that there actually IS something to it, once you understand the structural basis of how it works. These conclusions are my own, not something I read, so consider this a very rough "first draft."

Larson's Reciprocal System is based on the duality of space and time. Most spiritual work, and even conventional physics, is based on triplicity, Father/Son/Holy Ghost, proton/neutron/electron, etc. The only triple in Larson's research is the concept of dimension: there are 3 dimensions, and each dimension has a duality of space and time, making a triplicity of duality. This was the same conclusion I reached in the RS2 research, based on Nehru's dimensional formulation.

When I started looking at mythological patterns, while working on writing up my notes on RS2 electronics to post on the RS2 forum, I noticed a similarity that generalizes into three, natural concepts:

Numerical base (decimal, octal, vigesimal, etc) == wavelength (or frequency).

Once you reach the end of your base (such as 9 in the decimal system), you loop back around to the start and repeat the cycle. The same concept behind a wavelength, for when you end the first length, you start another as a discrete quantity. This appears to be a reference to linear space, as the zero crossing of a wave is what is important, not the bits in the middle.

Remainder or fractional portion == phase (angle).

This shows how far along the wave is, with respect to either the start or the finish. It is basically a percentage, either as a ratio (remainder/base) or fractional part (%).

There are two systems of representation here, analogous to the "natural" and "diagrammatic" references:
  • Natural: 1 to (base-1), since the natural reference system does not have a concept of zero. This phase system is common in ancient, religious and spiritual tradition, where counting numbers are used. In base 10 math, the remainder count would be: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 1, 2, 3, 4... In other words, zero is stripped off and the phase has no meaning between cycles, where it would be zero.
  • Diagrammatic: 0 to (base-1), the fractional portion used in mathematics and physics. This is the conventional remainder sequencing, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4...
Emphasis (consecutively repeated digits) == amplitude.

In number symbolism, emphasis is made by repeating digits (Cirlot, "A Dictionary of Symbols"). In modern systems, all numbers are considered magnitudes and have to be relegated to independent variables to separate the components into wavelength, phase and amplitude (the complex quantity). In harmonic numbers, amplitude is obtained through repeating patterns of phase, such as 3-6-9, 3-6-9, ... which is similar to Tesla's approach of "harmonic amplification."

I found this helps in deciphering ancient symbols and concepts. Graphic shapes contain references to the same concepts, for example, divisions of a circle are phases, certain points connected by lines to form geometric shapes show emphasis, harmonic amplitude.

Comments welcome.