Memory Problems?

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Memory Problems?

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:27 pm

The Arapahoe wildfire, which burned up something like 150 square miles of land out here, is pretty much out now and the town is recovering. But I've noticed something unusual... been having memory and cognition problems since the fire. And I'm not the only one... many of the folks in the area are complaining of the same thing, that they cannot seem to remember where they put stuff, even if they just had it in their hand, walking off leaving purses on the checkout counter,... things that would normally be second nature.

Reminds me a bit of the "Tower of Babel" days, where God zapped the people and they all forgot how to speak a common language.

Just wondering if these memory problems are unique to the people who've been breathing smoke for the last 6 weeks, or if it is a more generalized phenomenon?

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Memory Problems?

Post by Gopi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:50 am

I have seen the memory loss being consistently on the rise over the past 6 months... was not sure of its origin though.
It is time.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:41 am

Gopi wrote:I have seen the memory loss being consistently on the rise over the past 6 months... was not sure of its origin though.
Velikovsky's analysis of the Tower of Babel on this is interesting. As we've seen with Jupiter and Io, planets and nearby bodies such as moons can have enormous electrical discharges between them, sort of "space lightning." Of course, this was not known when Velikovsky was writing about it.

Velikovsky uses this same scenario to explain the Tower of Babel--a large body (identified as the planet Mercury by Velikovsky; debatable) passed near to the earth and one of these electrical discharged occurred. Apparently, this discharge was witnessed by other cultures and went down into history as a major, mystical event--or I should say, major arcana--the Tarot "Tower Struck by Lightning." ("Arcana" means "great mystery"... the Tarot's major arcana are icons of the big mysteries of the world.) The gods hurled a lightning bolt at earth, probably created one heck of an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse), and virtually everyone on the planet lost their conscious memory--including how to talk.

Some curious exceptions show up, such as high priests, nobility and soldiers--particularly knights... namely anyone who was wearing some kind of protective, metallic headdress at the time of the strike--and survived--still retained their memory and retaught the world.

This area has an extremely high electrostatic potential, about 4000 volts/meter. Got me wondering if there was some kind of correlation between electric fields and memory, since the brain is electrochemical in nature. The wildfire, having destroyed almost 200 square miles of land, seems to have radically increased the electrostatic potential, just based on observation (lightning has become much more intense). That means the electrical ionization level has increased, which will resist the flow of electric current (favoring static buildup). Might not be noticeable in the power lines, but since the chemical responses of the brain is based on microcurrent, it may be making a significant difference.

So, Gopi, have you noticed anything in the environment that has changed in the last six months, that would alter the electric ionization level?

Gopi
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Gopi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

So, Gopi, have you noticed anything in the environment that has changed in the last six months, that would alter the electric ionization level?
I think there has been an explosion of electronic device use on campus... That has been always high, but I think it is because of the recent announcements of new models of smartphones, coupled with iPads and what not, that the "buzz" is just too much.

And the weather here is shifting as well. Might be in for a hurricane.
It is time.

aurora
Indagator
Indagator

Post by aurora » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I do not have the knowledge to reply to the ems situation in the environment except to note after the fact that Gopi was right about the hurricane. The east coast got hit hard as we all know.

On the other hand, as far as memory loss and smoke, it took me easily 6 months to a year to recover my memory after my furnace burned out and I was breathing the toxic gaseous smoke in my sleep until my smoke alarm finally went off. It was devastating at first. You do lose your trust in things that were second nature before. An example is: when I was able to move back into my home, The Herbal Remedies placed a skin care order that I was going to deliver on my lunch hour this particular day. I got into my car, looked at the order I needed to deliver and could not remember how to get to a store I have been purchasing from and delivering orders to for years. While sitting in my car easily 5 minutes I finally remembered how to get to the store so I started my car. By focusing my attention on starting the car I totally forgot how to get to my destination again. This happened another 5 or 6 times before I worked up the courage to leave the parking lot believing that I would not forget how to get there while I was driving to my destination.

Carrying on a conversation was very challenging as well since I had problems bringing up my vocabulary words from my memory to the front of my mind to speak them and then being able to remember what we are talking about to begin with. Smoke and brains do not mix well at all. I will note here that the next couple of times my smoke alarm went off in the kitchen, Angel, my pit bull came running to go out the back door which is exactly what I did with the dogs when I awoke to a smoky house a year and a half ago. She doesn't seem to have any memory problems.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm

aurora wrote:On the other hand, as far as memory loss and smoke, it took me easily 6 months to a year to recover my memory after my furnace burned out and I was breathing the toxic gaseous smoke in my sleep until my smoke alarm finally went off.
What were we talking about? Guess I forgot. I forget if I forgot.

Nah, 3 months of breathing wildfire smoke didn't affect me at all!

What was I saying?