Peters Projection vs Mercator Projection

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Peters Projection vs Mercator Projection

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:46 am

Has anyone seen this before? It was brought to my attention by a post on FB, and has me sitting here staring, I accept it, and it feels right, but DAMN :shock:

Kinda puts things into a different perspective no?

I actually had a dream a week or so ago where I was flying over Australia, KNEW I was over Australia, but it looked weird and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know. It looked exactly as pictured here

For a more physical perspective,

So the question is... where are you now? :D
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Peters Projection vs Mercator Projection

Post by LoneBear » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:28 am

I've seen this "social engineering" argument before. It never had much impact because I had a globe when I was a kid, and that's how I learned geography--on a spherical projection that you could flip any-which-way. I've studied many of the ancient, mariner maps doing my "expanding Earth" research and I doubt there is any "engineering" behind this... "lazy," perhaps, since it is the easiest way to draw a map to navigate by, since the high-trade countries are the ones in the middle. It was rather difficult to sail across the arctic ice fields a century ago.

It is curious that when you turn the Earth upside-down, it has a layout very much like Mars (back when it had a north, polar ocean). That might be what freaks people out--a kind of, "race memory." Of course, there have been times the Earth has been in that position, relative to the other planets. The crust of the Earth does slide around, and anywhere you find a desert, was once a polar cap.

Actually, I would consider this concept backwards... the NWO wants to lower the standards of living in the more developed countries (rather than raise the standard of living in the poor ones). By emphasizing the 3rd world countries with Doctor Phlox's map, it is working towards this goal.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:22 pm

I too had a globe (or two) growing up and this kind of thing never had much impact on me. Though, the difference between the globe and a flat map are very striking and did have an impact on me. Land masses further from the equator look much larger on a flat map than on a globe. Also, this extends to any flat representation of any spheroid (or elipsoid) or part thereof.

When I first saw a flat map of the USA (i.e. just the US and nothing else), I was extremely confused. Things became much clearer once the teacher told me that the little dots and some random landmasses were actually Alaska and Hawaii. Worse, there were people in the high school class who thought that was exactly where they were in reality (the map is not the territory).

I can think of another reason for why the Atlantic Ocean is in the middle of the typical flat world map. This is where Atlantis was or is (or the new "Atlantis") and it is also not uncommon to build maps with yourself in the center. GMT is not accidentally placed.

antiquatis user
Indagator
Indagator

Post by antiquatis user » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:27 pm

This was my question to Clif High:
Clif, someone has commented in a forum that our maps are wrong (along with all our history).
He posted the link to this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8zBC2dvERM
Clif, have they been lying to us about the maps of this planet as well as with everything else?

Clif's reply:
yes, they have. i like using the Bucky fuller triangular (dymaxion) map...the only global map at
my house.

antiquatis user
Indagator
Indagator

Post by antiquatis user » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Also know as the "Dymaxion Map," the Fuller Projection Map is the only flat map of the entire surface of the Earth which reveals our planet as one island in one ocean, without any visually obvious distortion of the relative shapes and sizes of the land areas, and without splitting any continents.

LadyMoon
Discens
Discens

Post by LadyMoon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 pm

The few times that I have traveled to Australia in my dreams or astral projections, the map looked very similar to that! :D

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Arcelius wrote:I too had a globe (or two) growing up and this kind of thing never had much impact on me. Though, the difference between the globe and a flat map are very striking and did have an impact on me. Land masses further from the equator look much larger on a flat map than on a globe. Also, this extends to any flat representation of any spheroid (or elipsoid) or part thereof.

When I first saw a flat map of the USA (i.e. just the US and nothing else), I was extremely confused. Things became much clearer once the teacher told me that the little dots and some random landmasses were actually Alaska and Hawaii. Worse, there were people in the high school class who thought that was exactly where they were in reality (the map is not the territory).

I can think of another reason for why the Atlantic Ocean is in the middle of the typical flat world map. This is where Atlantis was or is (or the new "Atlantis") and it is also not uncommon to build maps with yourself in the center. GMT is not accidentally placed.
I thought Atlantis was a combination of landmasses, and that what we would consider to be the "Atlantis that sank into the ocean", was really buried under a couple of miles of ice down at the Southern pole? I can't..... no scratch that, I guess I can believe that kids in HS thought Alaska and Hawaii were standalones in the Pacific :?

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:22 pm

antiquatis user wrote:Image

Also know as the "Dymaxion Map," the Fuller Projection Map is the only flat map of the entire surface of the Earth which reveals our planet as one island in one ocean, without any visually obvious distortion of the relative shapes and sizes of the land areas, and without splitting any continents.

I like this one too! The main thing that attracts me to Peters Projection, is that the landmasses look like a broken mountain, and the potential ramifications to the fact that the Mercator map was intentionally distorted in order to emphasize the Western countries, and with it flipped, would give a bottom up map a top down reset.

antiquatis user
Indagator
Indagator

Post by antiquatis user » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:49 am

Here's what Pangea looks like mapped with modern political borders

http://io9.com/heres-what-pangea-looks- ... -509812695

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:12 am

The Pangea map isn't accurate, because it is based on coastlines--it should be based on the continental shelf, where the original coast line was (the transition between sialic and simatic crusts). Also, it only decompresses the Atlantic ocean; you can also decompress the Pacific and the continents also fit together the other way--or remove the oceans, altogether, and get a cracked, muddy ball with all the continents on them.

When you do remove the oceans by subtracting out regions sequentially based on ocean floor age, you find all the continents fit together like a spherical jigsaw. This indicates that there were never any sunken continents, as there are no "missing pieces--it's a solid ball. And that ball has had a number of different orientations, including one where Antarctica was equatorial, back when the Sahara Desert was a polar ice field.

Islands, like Hawaii, are volcanic "hot spots," where a volcano is breaking through the ocean floor and building a mound (the island). The Earth's crust moves, and another volcano erupts nearby, as the crust slides over the hot spot, making island chains. (Analogous to the needle of a sewing machine piercing the moving fabric.) If you look at the Pacific Ocean basin topography, you can follow the dots of the island chains, based on age, to see how the ocean floor has been moving (or expanding, as you'll also see "stretch marks" called "fracture zones").

The ancient mariner maps reveal a lot more than the modern ones do, particularly when you consider humanity has only been around for 6000 years, making them. The old Earth is a bit more active than we give her credit for!
Attachments
PietroCoppo.jpg
Pietro Coppo map (~1520 AD), back in the Taprobane days of India (when India was an island)
Merсator_north_pole_1595.jpg
One of the original Mercator Maps

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by Arcelius » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:59 pm

joeyv23 wrote:I thought Atlantis was a combination of landmasses, and that what we would consider to be the "Atlantis that sank into the ocean", was really buried under a couple of miles of ice down at the Southern pole?
It is my understanding that Atlantis was more of a global empire where only a few critical parts of it vanished underwater. A few researchers would place those critical parts in the mid-to-north Atlantic.

I like LoneBear's what-if scenario along the lines of removing the oceans. If there were much less water, there may be more visible land. Perhaps Atlantis didn't sink so much as the water level increased.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:56 am

Arcelius wrote:
It is my understanding that Atlantis was more of a global empire where only a few critical parts of it vanished underwater. A few researchers would place those critical parts in the mid-to-north Atlantic.
Would this be in line with Plato's telling of the sinking of Atlantis as the reason that people associate Atlantis as having been off the coast near the Pillars of Hercules?
Arcelius wrote:
I like LoneBear's what-if scenario along the lines of removing the oceans. If there were much less water, there may be more visible land. Perhaps Atlantis didn't sink so much as the water level increased.
I've been thinking about this the past couple of days. The question then becomes, where did the extra water come from? Is it a byproduct of a core flare / expansion event? Perhaps the water (thinking Living Water here) somehow comes from the realm of time/space when this happens? The theory that I had subscribed to prior to learning about RS was that of Lucifer, the salt water planetoid that impacted the fresh water planet Eridu being where the extra water came from.

Now I'm wondering about something I read in George William Hunt's Road in the Sky
Let us also remember that Lago de Titiacaca is not far from any of these areas and the Rio Desaguadero flows from Titicaca into Lago Poopo where we find the 'mystery' of the two hundred thousand cubic feet of water per minute and the underground location of a great 'El' city.
Thoughts?

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:47 am

We've discussed a lot of the maps and the expanding/hollow earth on Conscious Hugs, here are some good videos and links:

Lloyd Pye - Climate and Maps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HktMEQIx7FY

Expanding Earth - I emailed the two authors but never heard back, they seem to have vanished into obscurity.... apart from a great Coast to Coast interview from a few years ago they are nowhere to be found....
An Incredible new theory of a growing earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kL7qDeI05U

The Expanding Hollow Earth Theory
http://hollowearththeory.com/

Expanding Earth and Pangaea Theory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HDb9Ijynfo

The Earth But Not As We Know It

In this 2-part presentation we will be looking at the evidence which lead some to think that
  • The Earth could be hollow
    The Earth could be expanding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjOar3QGzNM

Hollow Earth
http://fora.conscioushugs.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=288

http://www.youtube.com/user/nealadamsdotcom/videos

:)

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:21 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
Arcelius wrote:It is my understanding that Atlantis was more of a global empire where only a few critical parts of it vanished underwater. A few researchers would place those critical parts in the mid-to-north Atlantic.
Would this be in line with Plato's telling of the sinking of Atlantis as the reason that people associate Atlantis as having been off the coast near the Pillars of Hercules?
Back then, what was past the Pillars of Hercules was basically New England (the east coast of the United States and Canada). Remember that the geochronology is greatly exaggerated; so look at the continental positions in the Cretaceous era!
atlimage3.jpg
Forming Atlantic Ocean
atlimage3.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 6396 times
All the continents are accounted for in expansion tectonics; none have "sunk," just misidentified.
Arcelius wrote:I like LoneBear's what-if scenario along the lines of removing the oceans. If there were much less water, there may be more visible land. Perhaps Atlantis didn't sink so much as the water level increased.
I made this little video from Lueckert's site, showing the Earth expansion: Earth Expansion Event.

In the early stages of the "southern hemisphere," you can see how Antarctica and South America shared a common border along Chile.
joeyv23 wrote:I've been thinking about this the past couple of days. The question then becomes, where did the extra water come from? Is it a byproduct of a core flare / expansion event? Perhaps the water (thinking Living Water here) somehow comes from the realm of time/space when this happens? The theory that I had subscribed to prior to learning about RS was that of Lucifer, the salt water planetoid that impacted the fresh water planet Eridu being where the extra water came from.
The big problem with geology is that the geologists believe that the Earth was ALWAYS the same size, with the same continents just banged around a little more. If you extrapolate from the RS you find that is not the case, and in the early days prior to the start of rotation on the axis (days), the planet would have had a hot, sun-facing side and a cold, "dark side" that never saw the sun. That dark side could have accumulated significant amounts of ice, as the old legends indicate. At one time, the Earth had three regions, Muspel, the land of fire, Niflheim, the land of ice, and Midgard, the "middle" where the heat from Muspel melted the ice from Niflheim, and produced a pleasant zone--where the gods colonized.

So, the water may have already been here, and it may have been Enlil setting off polar nukes to melt it down and flood the world. (This was also proposed to melt the polar ice caps on Mars, to aid in terraforming the planet for human colonization.) There are also indications that comets, containing mostly ice, had impacted the planet in the past (the Frost Giants that invaded Midgard).

And, as my original research paper explained, the black smokers at the bottom of the ocean also produce a considerable amount of mineral-rich water.
joeyv23 wrote:Now I'm wondering about something I read in George William Hunt's Road in the Sky
Let us also remember that Lago de Titiacaca is not far from any of these areas and the Rio Desaguadero flows from Titicaca into Lago Poopo where we find the 'mystery' of the two hundred thousand cubic feet of water per minute and the underground location of a great 'El' city.
Thoughts?
Former polar ice cap, when the planet was in a different orientation than it is now.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:42 pm

LoneBear wrote:
joeyv23 wrote:
Arcelius wrote:It is my understanding that Atlantis was more of a global empire where only a few critical parts of it vanished underwater. A few researchers would place those critical parts in the mid-to-north Atlantic.
Back then, what was past the Pillars of Hercules was basically New England (the east coast of the United States and Canada). Remember that the geochronology is greatly exaggerated; so look at the continental positions in the Cretaceous era!

[attachment]atlimage3.jpg
All the continents are accounted for in expansion tectonics; none have "sunk," just misidentified.
Arcelius wrote:I like LoneBear's what-if scenario along the lines of removing the oceans. If there were much less water, there may be more visible land. Perhaps Atlantis didn't sink so much as the water level increased.
I made this little video from Lueckert's site, showing the Earth expansion: Earth Expansion Event.

In the early stages of the "southern hemisphere," you can see how Antarctica and South America shared a common border along Chile.
Ding Ding Ding!!! I had a conceptual understanding of the expansion of the Earth, but seeing it made the pieces fit... pun totally intended :D
LoneBear wrote:The big problem with geology is that the geologists believe that the Earth was ALWAYS the same size, with the same continents just banged around a little more. If you extrapolate from the RS you find that is not the case, and in the early days prior to the start of rotation on the axis (days), the planet would have had a hot, sun-facing side and a cold, "dark side" that never saw the sun. That dark side could have accumulated significant amounts of ice, as the old legends indicate. At one time, the Earth had three regions, Muspel, the land of fire, Niflheim, the land of ice, and Midgard, the "middle" where the heat from Muspel melted the ice from Niflheim, and produced a pleasant zone--where the gods colonized.

So, the water may have already been here, and it may have been Enlil setting off polar nukes to melt it down and flood the world. (This was also proposed to melt the polar ice caps on Mars, to aid in terraforming the planet for human colonization.) There are also indications that comets, containing mostly ice, had impacted the planet in the past (the Frost Giants that invaded Midgard).

And, as my original research paper explained, the black smokers at the bottom of the ocean also produce a considerable amount of mineral-rich water.

This is another piece of the puzzle I had an understanding of, having read the Geochronology paper, but somehow, seeing this with the names of the three regions helped solidify the concept. I'm not sure why, but during my study of the different mythologies, I avoided Norse, and spent more time making connections between the Egyptian, Sumerian, Vedic, and Christian texts. I'm gonna look into Norse as well as Japanese mythology and let those pieces fall together as they will. Also, do you have a link to that paper? I've been going through the Central Information portion of the site, and am finishing up Road in the Sky but don't recall if I've seen that little tidbit of information until now.
LoneBear wrote:
joeyv23 wrote:Now I'm wondering about something I read in George William Hunt's Road in the Sky
Let us also remember that Lago de Titicaca is not far from any of these areas and the Rio Desaguadero flows from Titicaca into Lago Poopo where we find the 'mystery' of the two hundred thousand cubic feet of water per minute and the underground location of a great 'El' city.
Thoughts?
Former polar ice cap, when the planet was in a different orientation than it is now.
Thanks for this!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 am

joeyv23 wrote:Also, do you have a link to that paper? I've been going through the Central Information portion of the site, and am finishing up Road in the Sky but don't recall if I've seen that little tidbit of information until now.
It is on the Reciprocal System PDF archive: At the Earth's Core: The Geophysics of Planetary Evolution