The Book of Leaves

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

The Book of Leaves

Post by LoneBear » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:47 pm

For those that have been watching the TV series, Da Vinci's Demons, the plot line of the series centers around a quest for the Book of Leaves, an ancient book with all the secrets of the gods in its pages. This Book of Leaves does tend to catch the interest of people, myself included, and I just found its origin in Manly P. Hall's book, The Secret Teachings of All Ages (1928, p. 38):
It has been asserted that the Book of Thoth is, in reality, the mysterious Tarot of the Bohemians--a
strange emblematic book of seventy-eight leaves which has been in possession of the gypsies since the
time when they were driven from their ancient temple, the Serapeum. (According to the Secret Histories
the gypsies were originally Egyptian priests.) There are now in the world several secret schools
privileged to initiate candidates into the Mysteries, but in nearly every instance they lighted their altar
fires from the flaming torch of Herm. Hermes in his Book of Thoth revealed to all mankind the "One
Way," and for ages the wise of every nation and every faith have reached immortality by the "Way"
established by Hermes in the midst of the darkness for the redemption of humankind.
Prior to this, Hall mentioned that the Book of Thoth (the real one, not the new age ripoffs) contained the knowledge that gave man unlimited power over the spirits of the air and the subterranean deities, with complete directions on how to access those immortal realms--the "key to immortality."

But I thought Da Vinci's Book of Leaves being referenced to Bohemia (and the Bohemian Grove of NWO fame) was rather interesting... the world cannot seem to get rid of these people through attrition, so you have to wonder if they are using the secrets of the Book for immortality.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

Re: The Book of Leaves

Post by DSKlausler » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:54 am

LoneBear wrote:...Hall mentioned that the Book of Thoth (the real one, not the new age ripoffs)...
Would you please point me to the real one.

Thanks
Anything is possible with the proper training.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 am

Here's another clue, also taken from Hall's book:
From Hunt's
History of the Seal of the United States

The significance of the mystical number 13, which frequently appears upon the Great Seal of the United States, is not limited to the number of the original colonies. The sacred emblem of the ancient initiates, here composed of 13 stars,, also appears above the head of the "eagle." The motto, E Pluribus Unum, contains 13 letters, as does also the inscription, Annuit Cœptis. The "eagle" clutches in its right talon a branch bearing 13 leaves and 13 berries and in its left a sheaf of 13 arrows. The face of the pyramid, exclusive of the panel containing the date,
consists of 72 stones arranged in 13 rows.
Perhaps the real reason the seal of the USA has the olive branch bearing leaves?

The olive branch is usually a symbol of peace or victory and was historically worn by brides and virgins. This symbol, deriving from the customs of Ancient Greece, is strongest in Western culture. However, it has been found in every culture and religion to thrive in the Mediterranean basin.
On July 4, 1776, a resolution was passed that allowed the creation of the Great Seal of the United States. On the Great Seal, there is an eagle grasping an olive branch in its right talon. The olive branch traditionally has been recognized as a symbol for peace. It was added to the seal in March of 1780 by the second committee appointed by Congress to design the seal. The olive branch has thirteen olives and thirteen olive leaves to represent the thirteen original colonies. Later on, the bald eagle and bundle of arrows were added. The idea of the olive branch opposing the bundle of arrows was to "denote the power of peace & war which is exclusively vested in Congress."
The first die depicts a relatively crude crested eagle, thin-legged and somewhat awkward. There is no fruit on the olive branch, and the engraver added a border of acanthus leaves.[10] Depicting an eagle with a crest is typical in heraldry, but is at odds with the official blazon of the seal which specifies a bald eagle (which have no crests).
It would be just like them to hide this in plain sight.... boasting about them having such hidden knowledge while we continue to suffer as their slaves.

Also, multiply 13 by 6 and you get... 78!
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 am

DSKlausler wrote:
LoneBear wrote:...Hall mentioned that the Book of Thoth (the real one, not the new age ripoffs)...
Would you please point me to the real one.
I do not know of any that are available to the public. But since Thoth in Norse is Troth (truth), you might want to look at The Divine Pymander of Hermes Mercurius Trismegistus for some clues. Though if you find a copy--please make a PDF! Odds are there won't be any available in America, but there may still be some laying around on a dusty old library shelf in Europe.

Also, if you check the tale of Adapa, you'll find that he had this knowledge, as he was able to bring down a "wind" (airship) with a curse. Adapa was Enki's head slave, so it's pretty obvious where that book originated.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:46 pm

LoneBear wrote:the Book of Thoth [...] contained the knowledge that gave man unlimited power over the spirits of the air and the subterranean deities, [...]

But I thought Da Vinci's Book of Leaves being referenced to Bohemia (and the Bohemian Grove of NWO fame) was rather interesting...
Hmm ... it was here or on CH where I already mentioned a guy named John Compact (Frater Arthur, as he's called within the esoteric community), with whom Leo Zagami met in 2004 and was later hosted at his luxurious home in Fort Collins, Colorado, where - according to Zagami - he owns the biggest private library specialized in the occult and esoteric sciences in the USA. Frater Arthur is a senior Rosicrucian, Martinist, Pithagorean, Alchemist, and... a High Priest at the Bohemian Club (/Grove).

He told Zagami he's been conducting experiments based on a so called Ars Goetia, a type of magic. He summoned a spirit (I don't know if this is the correct term - maybe it was a demon etc.) called Agares (pronounced Agaross) and asked him to make an earthquake - in the next two days, 116 earthquakes happened. He later asked him to make a 6,5 scale earthquake at a specific location on a specific date - the experiment was successful, even though it left behind two dead people and fourty damaged buildings. A so called Sigil of Barbatos helped him intimidate even the most farocious dogs; he was also successfully helped by a Furcas and Foras - the latter denied his wish to grant him 600 years of mortal life, but it did help him twice by "saving his life with miracles - not fortune, but miracles".

As Daniel wrote on CH, and Fr. Arthur told to Zagami, he "killed the curiosity" and not the other way around. He also said that as far as he knows, he's the only one who's practicing this art in its original way, without any additions, as made by Crowley and others.

BTW, the translation of Zagami's first volume of the (initiatically-designed) trilogy Confessions of an Illuminatus should be released in the US sometime next month or so. I recommend it (/them).
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:56 am

deepfsh wrote:He told Zagami he's been conducting experiments based on a so called Ars Goetia, a type of magic.
Ars Goetia ("the Craft of the Sorcerer") is the first chapter of the Lesser Key of Solomon (also known as the Lemegeton).

I've read some of those Grimoires in the past and the thing that I always wondered about was WHY these very powerful "demons" (daemon just means "spirit") would do the bidding of lowly, usually quite corrupt, man? And it's a common motif in mythology, right down to trapping the genie in the bottle (the Ars Goetia discusses 72 demons trapped in a bronze vessel). If a demon can shake the entire planet, then why don't they just shake the house and drop the roof on the invoker's head, and break the bottle they are imprisoned in? It never "added up" for me.

But it would be interesting to examine the old information in light of the Reciprocal System, which accounts for these entities in the 3D time of the cosmic sector. We could make our own Book of Leaves, based on natural consequences of the theory--which would most likely be far more effective than the trial-and-error design of the Grimoires.

It might be nice to possess such skills of witchcraft and wizardry... last night, I saw a rather poor film called Fire in the Sky, about a logger getting abducted by a UFO. The abduction flashback was really gross... inferring the aliens abduct people for food or something, and were quite messy, leaving carcasses and paraphernalia all about the ship. I was thinking that such sorcery skills--which alien abductors don't seem to have--would be rather handy in a situation like that... one Immobulus spell, and you can give THEM an anal probe! :D

If this would be of interest, grab some of the old texts and see if you can develop an RS-based model of what is going on, and we'll make a new Book of Leaves.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:02 pm

LoneBear wrote:the thing that I always wondered about was WHY these very powerful "demons" (daemon just means "spirit") would do the bidding of lowly, usually quite corrupt, man?
LoneBear wrote:If a demon can shake the entire planet, then why don't they just shake the house and drop the roof on the invoker's head, and break the bottle they are imprisoned in? It never "added up" for me.
Me too. Zagami didn't fully believe the guy, but he said he (/they) probably offered something in return - but as you read before, not always they listen to their summons. Now, I wonder what could a person from this world offer to an entity from that world ... and how.
LoneBear wrote:We could make our own Book of Leaves, based on natural consequences of the theory--which would most likely be far more effective than the trial-and-error design of the Grimoires.
It might be nice to possess such skills of witchcraft and wizardry...
I've always wanted to harness any psychic skills or energy manipulation for agricultural purposes, craftsmanship, construction, and communication with the animals.

Hey, you think there are some chances that the LMs could visit us at the Sanctuary and take us on a ride pass the Moon, Mars, and some other parts of the Solar System? You think they have done it before with any Cromagnon/Homo Sapiens Sapiens man?
LoneBear wrote:one Immobulus spell, and you can give THEM an anal probe! :D
Yesterday, I skimmed a random episode of South Park and the Greys did to them just that! :lol:

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:39 pm

LoneBear wrote:I've read some of those Grimoires in the past and the thing that I always wondered about was WHY these very powerful "demons" (daemon just means "spirit") would do the bidding of lowly, usually quite corrupt, man? And it's a common motif in mythology, right down to trapping the genie in the bottle (the Ars Goetia discusses 72 demons trapped in a bronze vessel). If a demon can shake the entire planet, then why don't they just shake the house and drop the roof on the invoker's head, and break the bottle they are imprisoned in? It never "added up" for me.
I find it as no surprise that the topic I've found myself interested in these past few weeks just "happens" to come up here. I just printed out a copy of the Grimoirium Verum last night to look more closely at. This stems from stumbling upon a book about Djinn, which made note of Solomon's interaction with the species, how he was able to control them through the use of an special ring given to him by Archangel Michael..
The Vengeful Djinn, Pg. 11 wrote:The richest details are found in The Testament of Solomon, a pseudepigraphic text written between the first and third centuries CE and the oldest magical text attributed to the king. Its translation from Greek into English describes the djinn as demons. Solomon controlled them, as he "mastered and controlled all spirits of the air, on the Earth, and under the Earth." Solomon acquired his power over djinn through a vampiric djinni named Ornias. During the temple's construction, Ornias crept in one day at sunset in the form of burning fire and attacked the son of the master workman, a child Solomon loved as well. Ornias stole half the boy's pay and food, and sucked out his vital life force through his right thumb. The boy grew thinner and thinner. Worried, Solomon summoned him and learned about the djinni's attacks.

The king prayed intensely night and day for Ornias to be delivered into his hands. In answer, God sent the archangel Michael to Solomon with a ring made of copper and iron bearing an engraved seal of a pentagram, a five-pointed star. Michael instructed Solomon to wear the ring and use it to lock up all djinn, male and female, and force them to help build the [first] temple [of Jerusalem].
LoneBear wrote:But it would be interesting to examine the old information in light of the Reciprocal System, which accounts for these entities in the 3D time of the cosmic sector. We could make our own Book of Leaves, based on natural consequences of the theory--which would most likely be far more effective than the trial-and-error design of the Grimoires.
deepfsh wrote:Now, I wonder what could a person from this world offer to an entity from that world ... and how
This is exactly what I feel driven to figure out. The only information I feel I could offer a being from time/space, would be that which has been given in the work here at Antiquatis, in regards to evolution out of this realm of duality/competition into the ethical sector, but I wonder how much of actual substance we could offer, since they operate out of a sphere where thought=>reality is much more instantaneous. I have an internal nod as to the thought of the first thing that ought to be offered is an apology.. maybe my bleeding heart leaking out, but I feel like they're being manipulated very much like humans are, have been made into servants to humans in the past, and due to this may not have a fondness for humanity that Ashtar and his cohorts do... :shock:

I also came across something yesterday that caught my attention, was jumping around wiki pages and came across Utukku, and based on the descriptions, seem to be the same beings as the djinn.
Wikipedia wrote:In Sumerian mythology, the utukku were a type of spirit or demon that could be either benevolent or evil. In Akkadian mythology, they were referred to as utukki, were seven evil demons who were the offspring of Anu and Antu.

The evil utukku were called Edimmu or Ekimmu; the good utukku were called shedu. Two of the best known of the evil Utukku were Asag (slain by Ninurta) and Alû.

They were siblings[emphasis] of the Anunnaki. They were in the service of the underworld, and were required to fetch home the fruit of the sacrifices and burnt offerings, which generally consisted of the blood, liver, and other "sweetmeats" of the sacrificed animal.
If I'm these connections that are forming in my noggin area are legitimate, what I'm thinking is that God(Anu) created angels (Annunaki) as well as Utukku (djinn) and then later, humans from clay/matter. My mind reads this as having two aspects.. the angels and djinn being two sides to the same coin, much like the material and cosmic sector are, and we humans being the inverse of the paradigm, a situation synonymous to the ethical sector being the inverse of the material/cosmic coin.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:45 pm

joeyv23 wrote:If I'm these connections that are forming in my noggin area are legitimate, what I'm thinking is that God(Anu) created angels (Annunaki) as well as Utukku (djinn) and then later, humans from clay/matter. My mind reads this as having two aspects.. the angels and djinn being two sides to the same coin, much like the material and cosmic sector are, and we humans being the inverse of the paradigm, a situation synonymous to the ethical sector being the inverse of the material/cosmic coin.
I can tell you what I suspect here, regarding the Djinn (giants)... all of An's children were giants, by our standards.

There were two opposed groups in the Annuna, the "heavenly" ones (AEsir) that wanted to stay as space travelers, and an "earthly" group (Vanir) that decided they liked the planet and would take up residence here. This latter group comprises the "fallen angels" of religions. These fallen angels, using their genetic skills, interacted with the natives and produced a race of giants, the Djinn, or as the Bible calls them, the Nephilim. The original Djinn were a decent lot, but they were nearly wiped out, along with humanity, by Enlil's Deluge. The post-deluge giants, the Rephaim, were descendents of the surviving Nephilim families, but genetically corrupted and quite evil.

From what I've been able to decipher from the ancient Grimoires, is that humans are considered a "triplicity" (you'll see MANY references to the tripartite aspect in ceremonies). Basically, the original Lulu stock was Igigi, a race from the "outside realm" (outside S-M controlled space) that were captured and used as slaves, modified with Annunaki genetics. But that made them a little too smart, as well as giant in size. Enki introduced Neanderthal/Chimpanzee genetics into the Lulu to produce the Adamic stock with far more mammalian traits, including no "horny skin," (thus needed clothing), hair, bisexual reproduction, and smaller size and smaller brain. This was the original Cro-Magnon man, which later developed into modern homo sapiens. So man is part Igigi, part Annunaki and part Neanderthal.

This triplicity made me wonder about the structure of the soul. Humans could be influenced by the "collectives" of each of these groups, the S-M Masters (Annunaki), the Igigi Slaves, and the freedom-loving Neanderthals (whom refused to work for the Annunaki, preferring suicide!) And you see that in our society, the rulers, the peasants and the rebel/sovereign types.

There is a very good chance that the Djinn, having a good dose of Native genetics, might have an individuated soul such that they could enter the Other Realm (the cosmic sector) after death, as "spirits." The Rephaim, according to mythological accounts, were basically "dumber than mud," but possessing great amounts of qi--which could be used, nonlocally from the cosmic sector, to influence a lot of things.

It may be that some humans, particularly those with more prominent S-M genetics, could be tricking these demons into believing that they are "gods"--after all, sort of a "spiritual false flag" for spirits that will believe anything they are told (like most people).

So, take these concepts and see if you can build anything from them with what you're learning, and let's see what develops.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:04 am

joeyv23 wrote:This stems from stumbling upon a book about Djinn,
LoneBear wrote:regarding the Djinn (giants)...
I remember that Zagami wrote and said that what were once called 'Jinn/Dnjinn/genies', are today called 'extraterrestrials/aliens'.
LoneBear wrote:It may be that some humans, particularly those with more prominent S-M genetics, could be tricking these demons into believing that they are "gods"--after all, sort of a "spiritual false flag" for spirits that will believe anything they are told (like most people).
This sounds much more reasonable to me - the thing about a sort of "exchange" between two parties never really sounded right for me. I guess corruption has no limits after all.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:50 am

I've been delving into these ancient "Mysteries" a bit now, details of which are in this Book of Leaves. One of the things that has come up is that the number 10 is the true, sacred number. Even the Sumerians, with their base-60 counting system, included 10 (1, 6, 10, 60, 600...). Ten is always publicized as mundane... but if you've read the --daniel papers, you'll notice something else there, concerning the number 10: all the "reported" values seem to be off by a factor of 10! Geologic years are 10x too high (50,000 BC was 5,000 BC), solar sizes and orbits were 10x too high (making "stars" to be Jupiter-sized gas giants and bizarre exoplanets to be common moons)... gotta wonder if the Mystery Schools, whom control the distribution of knowledge, did this on purpose to hide the truths.

I just ran across some interesting research on the Great Pyramid, quoting some obscure Greek text, that the Pyramid was built by the gods, not men, and constructed PRIOR to the creation of mankind, stating 70,000 BC. This Pyramidal "temple" was dedicated to Mercury, the messenger of the gods, so it looks like the Great Pyramid might be the equivalent of Babylon 5's StellarCom... an interplanetary communications terminal.

I should also point out that the Earth's crust was in a different orientation when constructed, having been through a Shift a couple of times. The pyramid appears to be rotated almost exactly 90 degrees (it is located at the center of mass of the Earth, so it would be the natural pivot point for a crustal shift). In the old days, the entrance now on the north face would have been pointing due east, at the rising sun (which, BTW, is a convention in many temples). Egyptian records even indicate the the north pole was pointed to the constellation of Cancer, and the south to Capricorn.

But now, consider the date in light of Geochronology--that's 70,000 260-day years, meaning it's only 50,000 modern years, which are 10x too high, meaning that the Great Pyramid was built about 5000 BC (man showed up 3761 BC), right about the time of the fall of Atlantis, when the Atlanteans were relocating to Egypt. Find that a rather interesting "coincidence" with the 10x factor of the Mysteries.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:23 pm

LoneBear wrote:(man showed up 3761 BC)
By this man you mean Homo Sapiens, as in hybrid of Cro-Magnon, Neanderthal and something else that I cant remember now even though I just read it maybe yesterday from some post in here :D

This means we as "species" are relatively new then, compared to the originals.

Offtopic a little.
I found some info on my Neanderthal part here http://www.cbsnews.com/news/modern-huma ... s-suggest/ Don't know if the info is good or total nonsense, but this is what I found from it "In Europe, Finns had the highest Neanderthal DNA rate with 1.2 percent." Not much in our DNA, although my bone structure seems to be "leaning" towards more Neanderthal I guess, judging from the pictures I've seen on the looks of them.
Enjoy the Silence

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:03 pm

LoneBear wrote:but if you've read the --daniel papers, you'll notice something else there, concerning the number 10: all the "reported" values seem to be off by a factor of 10! Geologic years are 10x too high (50,000 BC was 5,000 BC)
I was trying to keep that in mind when I started reading the history chapter in the Guinness Encyclopedia two days ago - there, it says that Homo Sapiens appeared around 30,000 BC. Or was it 3000? That is the question...
LoneBear wrote:One of the things that has come up is that the number 10 is the true, sacred number.
Manly P. Hall wrote:- Ten considered the archetype of the universe, according to Pythagoras, p. 199 (The Life and Philosophy of Pythagoras)
- Ten the great number of all things, according to the Pythagoreans, p. 199 (ibid.)
- Ten declared by Pythagoras to be the most perfect of all numbers, p. 159 (The Zodiac and Its Signs)
Have you ever wondered? Questions by Jordan Maxwell:
34) Do you know why the British Prime Minister's address is Number 10 Downing St.?

I + O = 10
    • ImageImage
                • Standing stones in England.
LoneBear wrote:I just ran across some interesting research on the Great Pyramid, quoting some obscure Greek text, that the Pyramid was built by the gods, not men
Some other interesting numbers brought up by J. Maxwell during an interview are the 500M written on the Georgia Guidestones and the 6M victims of Holocaust.

He was questioning if there could be a connection between the "secret [sacred?] cubic" (today's inch) from Egypt (building of the Great Pyramid - the "sacred triangle"), which was used also in England for the Stone Henge's (the "sacred circle") measurements. Supposedly, there are 500M inches from the North to the South Pole.

The 6M supposedly goes back to the Sumerian, Babylonian, and Egyptian times.
Manly P. Hall wrote:The ultimate source that wisdom could cognize was the Monad, the mysterious permanent atom of the Pythagoreans.
Manly P. Hall wrote:- Monad, attributes of, p. 215 (Pythagorean Mathematics)
- Monad, atomic theory of Democritus derived from doctrine of, p. 17 (Introduction)
- Monad, definition of, p. 210 (Pythagorean Mathematics)
- Monad of Pythagoras likened to Adam, p. 400 (Qabbalistic Keys to the Creation of Man)
- Monad the God of Pythagoras, p. 195 (The Life and Philosophy of Pythagoras)
- Monad the symbol of the Divine Father, p. 217 (Pythagorean Mathematics)
- Monad the symbol of wisdom, p. 216 (ibid.)
- Monad the ultimate source with which wisdom could cognize, according to Pythagoras, p. 197 (The Life and Philosophy of Pythagoras)
- Monads of matter, Leibnitz's theory of, p. 28 (Introduction)
LoneBear wrote:In the old days, the entrance now on the north face would have been pointing due east, at the rising sun (which, BTW, is a convention in many temples).
As in the Freemasonic temples - ancient Egyptians.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Ten

Post by LoneBear » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 am

I've been reviewing the teachings of Pythagoras, which I've not looked at in any detail since the late 1980s--before I discovered Dewey Larson and the Reciprocal System of theory. With that RS background, I can see what Pythagoras was trying to describe in his structure of the Universe, with the tetractys, his fascination with triangles (everything was triangles) and his tripartite worldly receptacles.

Here's where the "magic" comes from... it starts with the Monad, which is unity (Larson does the same). That Monad becomes a Dyad (dichotomy) that is symbolically represented as the triangle. The Monad is the apex, the "divine origin" that casts its shadow down to the dyad (base line with 2 points) below. The triangle, being composed of 3 points and 3 lines, is the geometric reciprocal of itself. So what you have is two, joined coordinate systems--one of points (yang, 3D space, called the "superior") and another of interconnecting lines (yin, 3D time, the "inferior"). The triangle combining the three systems in yet another triple set of point-line associations creates three dimensional ratios--Larson's scalar dimensions, where the triangle represents "motion."

The Greeks only had 4 "elements," which are not atomic elements--they are actually symbolic of the states of matter (of which conventional science only recognizes three... with the possible exception of a 4th "plasma" state, which really isn't a "state," but an electric ionization). Larson only dealt with the three, known states, but Prof. KVK Nehru, when reviewing his "Liquid State" papers, noticed the dimensional structure indicated there were 4 states of matter, including a "vapor" state that is intermediate between a liquid and gas (clouds, for example--not a liquid and not a gas, because gasses have no cohesion). Knowing we have these four states, instead of three, the Greek "elements" make more sense. Pythagoras also associated each element with one of the regular solids:

Earth, solid, cube
Water, liquid, icosahedron
Fire, vapor, tetrahedron
Air, gas, octahedron

Since 1 (Monad) and 2 (Dyad) were the building blocks of the Universe and "sacred," the Pythagoreans actually started their numbering system for the mundane world with 3 (triangle) and 4 (square), which were the shape of the faces of the regular solids describing the four elements: cube has square faces, whereas the icosahedron, tetrahedron and octagon all have triangular faces. The "four" of earth matched up with the four cardinal directions, etc., basically explaining all the "material" quaternities and being the most stable form, as the "triangle" based elements tended to flow (water, fire, air).

So the numbering system went like this:

Sacred: 1 (Monad) + 2 (Dyad) = 3 (Harmonia)
Mundane: 3 (Triangle) + 4 (Square) = 7 (7-fold structure of creation)
Sacred (3) + Mundane (7) = 10 (the Universe)

That is why "10" indicates a completion of cycles or a new beginning--it is the Monad (1) shifted into another dimension (1<--0), where "0" is the placeholder of the old dimension.

You can also see why 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 play their symbolic roles, with 1 & 2 being the original Unity and the dichotomy of space and time as "scalar dimensions" of motion, with 3 & 4 as the manifestation in a coordinate system (in the RS, the "time region," the region of atomic rotation that makes the "earth" elements solid, is 4-dimensional (square), whereas the stuff outside the "earth" solids, water, fire and air, are 3-dimensional (triangular).

Ah, "but what about the dodecahedron?" you may ask... "that's a regular solid, and omitted from the Pythagorean teachings!" Well, actually it wasn't omitted, but was part of those secret teachings that only the advanced students got to learn about. The Greeks had a 5th element, the aether, which was associated with the 12-sided dodecahedron, a structure that had a 5-sided pentagon for a face, that didn't fit in anywhere in the mundane world of triangles and squares (somehow, I suspect that Edwin A. Abbott had known about the Pythagorean numbers, when he wrote Flatland).

In the RS, the aether is the realm of 3D coordinate time, the cosmic sector, which cannot be directly observed (as we only observe spatial relationships)--but can be detected by how time influences space, as motion. So the dodecahedron, and it's 5-sided pentagon (or pentagram), became the base, magical symbol to represent the effect that this aether had on the mundane world of triangles and squares. The 12 faces of this solid matched up with the 12 Olympian gods (the Annunaki leaders), the signs of the Zodiac, and others. 3 x 4 = 12 -- all the mundane elements triangles and squares combined, gave 12 "faces" of the dodecahedron, the shadow of the mystical, invisible aetheric influence on the mundane world.

Though I've not found anything in publicly-available writings of Pythagoras, the man was on the same path of deductive thinking that Larson was, so he must have realized that the aether had dimensions of its own, and that the dodecahedron was the shadow of the aetheric triangles and squares on the mundane world. Knowledge of these aetheric dimensions formed the basis of magical law.

So that is why "10" is considered an important number, in ancient times.

Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Juanter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Excellent. Just excellent discussion.

neal
Discens
Discens

Post by neal » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Atlantis did not fall. Just relocated. Water and wind will have their way with stone, and ideologies. Bood of Leaves. Gold pages, very buried, not safe. The timing must be perfect.

Otherwise, the tension of what has past, and what is coming, will not be managed.

Birth, death, the other thing. Who knows the order of that stuff?

Of course, the One is coming in clouds. Seals get broken, math reverts to form.

Then there is all the Time in the World to discuss, but many will not like it.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

The Monad and Unity

Post by LoneBear » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:02 pm

I've been continuing my research into the Pythagorean mystery schools (waiting for some English translations of some old books to arrive, as "it's all Greek to me."). The parallels between Larson's Reciprocal System and what Pythagoras was teaching is remarkable... the only big difference is that the Pythagoreans incorporate the cosmic sector (what they term the "Inferior" half of the Universe) as part of their system. Larson had to admit the cosmic sector, the realm of 3D time, had to exist--but tended to treat it as an isolated part of the Universe that did not have much influence in material (physics and chemistry) matters.

If you do any reading on the topic, here is an important connection between the two systems:

Monad: lots of interpretations by scholars for centuries, but what it comes down to in the RS is pretty simple: the unit speed boundary. Basically, you have to look at the universe like a contour plot of speed, not a stage with stuff on it. The line that represents a speed of 1 (unity) defines the unit speed boundary and encases the Monad. Pythagoras even states that "anything outside the Monad has no effect within." This is almost exactly the same statement Larson makes when referring to the gravitational limit--the point where all gravitational influence ceases and the speed reverts to unity--the progression of the natural reference system. Anything outside the gravitational limit cannot have any influence on the structures within. (This was the original problem I had with my astronomy simulation, leading to the 10x scale problem and making the far-away galaxies into nearby solar systems.)

The Monad always represents a net motion of unity. Larson kind of ignores this, preferring to make things "displaced" by ignoring the cosmic aspect, but it is easy enough to work around, conceptually. Since that unseen, cosmic half of Larson's system is commonly known as "fields," the atom becomes a Monad when BOTH the atomic rotation AND the electric, magnetic and gravitational fields are combined. In a 3-dimensional system, the Monad is defined by the gravitational limit on the "outside" of the atomic system, and the mass limit on the inside.

One: when Pythagoras refers to "one," he is using it in exactly the same context that Larson uses a "unit of motion." Without realizing it (or perhaps he did), Pythagoras was preaching that the universe was discrete (quantized), 2500 years earlier than quantum theorists! "One" is used as a displacement, the smallest amount anything can change by.

Something else that I found rather interesting was Pythagoras' discussion of Antichthon, the "counter-earth." (Yep, similar to Lovecraft's Cthulhu.) Antichthon was a planet that could not be seen from Earth, because it was opposite the "central fire." Of course, "central fire" was interpreted as the sun, which gave rise to another Earth-like planet on the far side of the sun (Gor, or Doctor Who's Mondas--original home of the Cybermen).

What I have found from my "hollow planet" theory, derived from the RS, is that the "central fire" is the "central sun" of the Earth--the transition from motion in space (material) to motion in time (cosmic), since only photons can exist in that transition zone. The Pythagorean Antichthon is the cosmic aspect of THIS planet, akin to the Earth's "soul," existing "beyond" the central sun (further inside) and being cosmic (antimatter), cannot be observed by our material senses. Mythology refers to this realm as Agartha. Of course, due to the reciprocal relation between insides and outsides, once you cross this "central sun," our surface world becomes the inner Earth, and Antichthon becomes the "normal" planet.

And for all you music lovers out there... Pythagoras has an interesting take on arithmetic, where he divides arithmetic into two parts: multitude and magnitude (again, same as Larson with his "compound motion"--multitude--and "primary magnitudes are absolute" in his Postulates).

Magnitude is further divided into "stationary," giving rise to geometry, and "moveable," resulting in spherics (how astronomic bodies interact, much like the Electric Universe theory).

Multitude
, being a compound or aggregate system, is divided into "relation to self", giving the mathematical functions, and "relation to other," which is identified as music.

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:18 am

LoneBear wrote:The parallels between Larson's Reciprocal System and what Pythagoras was teaching is remarkable...
That's a fascinating connection you've discovered LoneBear, although I get the impression that it was in some way an extension of the old Egyptian Mystery Schools knowledge:
The beliefs that Pythagoras held were:

1) that at its deepest level, reality is mathematical in nature
2) that philosophy can be used for spiritual purification
3) that the Soul can rise to union with the Divine
4) that certain symbols have a mystical significance
5) that all brothers of the Order should observe strict loyalty and secrecy

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/school%20 ... agoras.htm
Lucky for us that Larson wasn't as into his secret society nonsense!
Pythagoras is said to have traveled the known world of his time, accumulating and absorbing wisdom and knowledge. According to the legends surrounding his life, he was taught by Zoroaster (c. 628–c. 551 B.C.E.), the Persian prophet, and by the Brahmans of India. Although his teachings on past lives formed the essence of so many of the mystery religions, he was initiated into the Orphic, Egyptian, Judaic, Chaldean, and many other mystery schools.
http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Afterli ... b-c-e.html
Zoroaster, who apparently taught Pythagoras, is an interesting character....
One factor for the association with astrology was Zoroaster's name, or rather, what the Greeks made of it. Within the scheme of Greek thinking (which was always on the lookout for hidden significances and "real" meanings of words) his name was identified at first with star-worshiping (astrothytes "star sacrificer") and, with the Zo-, even as the living star. Later, an even more elaborate mythoetymology evolved: Zoroaster died by the living (zo-) flux (-ro-) of fire from the star (-astr-) which he himself had invoked, and even, that the stars killed him in revenge for having been restrained by him.

Similar ideas about Zoroaster also appear in early Christian literature, beginning with the Clementine Homilies 9.4–5, which identifies him with a parallel series of traditions about Nimrod having been the founder of astrology. In this account, Nimrod is killed by lightning and posthumously deified by the Persians as "Zoroaster, on account of the living (zosan) stream of the star (asteros) being poured upon him."[35]

The second, and "more serious"[36] factor for the association with astrology was the notion that Zoroaster was a Babylonian. The alternate Greek name for Zoroaster was Zaratas/Zaradas/Zaratos (cf. Agathias 2.23-5, Clement Stromata I.15), which—so Cumont and Bidez—derived from a Semitic form of his name. The Pythagorean tradition considered the mathematician to have studied with Zoroaster in Babylonia (Porphyry Life of Pythagoras 12, Alexander Polyhistor apud Clement's Stromata I.15, Diodorus of Eritrea, Aristoxenus apud Hippolitus VI32.2). Lydus (On the Months II.4) attributes the creation of the seven-day week to "the Babylonians in the circle of Zoroaster and Hystaspes," and who did so because there were seven planets. The Suda's chapter on astronomia notes that the Babylonians learned their astrology from Zoroaster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroaster
I don't know much about Zoroaster but get the impression he's heavily linked with the Annunaki:
About 1400 BCE[1] a forty year-old hermit from northeast Iran, named Zoroaster, came down from his mountain to preach a new religion. Zoroaster had been visited by the god Ahura-Mazda who proclaimed that he was the only god in the universe. Unlike most gods, Ahura Mazda was all good, all knowing and all powerful as well as being invisible. In fact, he was so perfect that he needed mediators like angels between himself and the world. Ahura-Mazda struggled against "The Lie" which was not just words but actions represented by Ahriman and his devils. Zoroaster taught that when people died they crossed the Shivat bridge, a sifting bridge in which the bad people fell off into hell and where the good people crossed to find a golden maiden who lead them into the light of heaven where their primary purpose was singing. In contrast the Jews believed in Sheol, a pit beneath the earth where people went when they died. The major myth of the Zoroastrians was that a virgin would bear the Saoshant, a man who would save the world.

The Subversion of Judaism
In 539 B.C. the great Persian king Cyrus conquered Babylon. His government was a Zoroastrian theocracy. Cyrus had a history of pretending to adopt a religion and then subverting it. In Egypt he claimed to be a god on earth. In Babylon his first act was to worship Marduk, claiming Marduk had sought a righteous prince and Cyrus was he. Later Cyrus mocked Marduk and had his image carted off. Likewise he subverted Baal, worshipping him at first, then appointing Baal's priests and finally destroying Baal's monuments and temples. Cyrus repatriated certain grateful Jewish proteges in 532 B.C. The Persian Kings restored them to their land; and designed and helped them build a Zoroastrian-style temple which was completed 516 B.C. after prolonged resistance from native Jews. In 350 B.C. a large number of Jews were exiled from Judea because of opposition to the Persian theocracy. Here was the overwhelming influence of a mighty state religion in a great empire in which the Jews were subjects. Jews were commanded to obey Cyrus in Isaiah 44 and 45. Not only did the Persian kings select the Jewish high priests, Persian Magi even masqueraded as Jewish Priests (Isaiah 66:21). The Pharisees had all the positions of power, gave the law, and wrote the holy books. Some Jews like Ezra and Daniel (Daniel 6:1-2) were paid agents of the Persians. "It needed the subsequent missions of Nehemiah and Ezra backed by the Achaemenian Imperial Government's authority to make them ruefully conform to the new ideals of monotheism and nationalism that had been conceived in adversity by the diaspora in Babylonia."[5] This interest by the Persian kings in the religion of his subjects was not limited to Jews. They seemed to put great importance on all of his subjects conforming to their religion - perhaps they regarded it as a glue to empire, perhaps they were religious fanatics. The Persians subverted Jewish theology, history, law, and even their language.
http://www.iranchamber.com/religions/ar ... ianism.php
Interesting.... have you uncovered anything about Ahura Mazda? There is definitely an old testament feel to the things i've read about him:
At the age of 30, Zoroaster received a revelation. While Zoroaster was fetching water from dawn for a sacred ritual, he saw the shining figure of the yazata, Vohu Manah, who led Zoroaster to the presence of Ahura Mazda, where he was taught the cardinal principles of the Good Religion. As a result of this vision, Zoroaster felt that he was chosen to spread and preach the religion.[9] He stated that this source of all goodness was the only Ahura worthy of the highest worship. He further stated that Ahura Mazda created spirits known as yazatas to aid him, who also merited devotion. Zoroaster proclaimed that all of the Iranian daevas were bad spirits and deserved no worship. These "bad" spirits were created by Angra Mainyu, the hostile and evil spirit. The existence of Angra Mainyu was the source of all sin and misery in the universe. Zoroaster claimed that Ahura Mazda was not an omnipotent God, but used the aid of humans in the cosmic struggle against Angra Mainyu. Nonetheless, Ahura Mazda is Angra Mainyu's superior, not his equal. Angra Mainyu and his daevas (spirits) which attempt to afflict humans away from the path of righteousness (asha) would eventually be destroyed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahura_Mazda
And one last point, could this early dualistic system have been referring to space/time and the two opposing forces of gravity and radiation, and not just "good" and "evil" like we normally hear?
The early Zoroastrians had a dualistic system of belief in which two opposing and equal forces—good and evil—battled for control of the world. Ahura Mazda (originally called Spenta Mainyu) represented light, truth, and goodness
Read more: http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/A-Am/Ah ... z3AqHDXFWD
So it's all about the geometry and music then, perhaps explaining why I was fascinated with both Spirograph and playing with (i.e. scratching/ruining) my Mum's vinyl records (especially Beethoven) when I was very young!! :D
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:27 am

Djchrismac wrote:That's a fascinating connection you've discovered LoneBear, although I get the impression that it was in some way an extension of the old Egyptian Mystery Schools knowledge:
Just as all the religions have different names for the SAME set of gods, all the Mystery schools just have different names for the SAME set of mysteries...

In the series, Da Vinci's Demons (from where this thread started), Leonardo's body-snatching, con-man friend and associate's name is Zoroaster... one of those on the quest for the Book of Leaves hidden in the Vault of Heaven. I've been watching the first season again, as it is loaded with Masonic references.
Djchrismac wrote:Interesting.... have you uncovered anything about Ahura Mazda? There is definitely an old testament feel to the things i've read about him:
You've obviously done some research here... what have you uncovered about this god?
Djchrismac wrote:And one last point, could this early dualistic system have been referring to space/time and the two opposing forces of gravity and radiation, and not just "good" and "evil" like we normally hear?
To quote Kosh from Babylon 5, "Yes."

Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

LoneBear wrote:Just as all the religions have different names for the SAME set of gods, all the Mystery schools just have different names for the SAME set of mysteries...
LoneBear wrote:You've obviously done some research here... what have you uncovered about this god?
Not really just a quick online check and brief read on him but even the wiki is quite revealing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahura_Mazda
Zoroaster's revelation
At the age of 30, Zoroaster received a revelation. While Zoroaster was fetching water from dawn for a sacred ritual, he saw the shining figure of the yazata, Vohu Manah, who led Zoroaster to the presence of Ahura Mazda, where he was taught the cardinal principles of the Good Religion. As a result of this vision, Zoroaster felt that he was chosen to spread and preach the religion.[9] He stated that this source of all goodness was the only Ahura worthy of the highest worship. He further stated that Ahura Mazda created spirits known as yazatas to aid him, who also merited devotion. Zoroaster proclaimed that all of the Iranian daevas were bad spirits and deserved no worship. These "bad" spirits were created by Angra Mainyu, the hostile and evil spirit. The existence of Angra Mainyu was the source of all sin and misery in the universe. Zoroaster claimed that Ahura Mazda was not an omnipotent God, but used the aid of humans in the cosmic struggle against Angra Mainyu. Nonetheless, Ahura Mazda is Angra Mainyu's superior, not his equal. Angra Mainyu and his daevas (spirits) which attempt to afflict humans away from the path of righteousness (asha) would eventually be destroyed
Ahura Mazda = ENLIL
Angra Mainyu = ENKI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angra_Mainyu
Angra Mainyu[pronunciation?] (also: Aŋra Mainiiu) is the Avestan-language name of Zoroastrianism's hypostasis of the "destructive spirit" from which later conceptions of Satan derive.
Look familiar? :D
The Faravahar, believed to be a depiction of a fravashi
Stone carved Faravahar in Persepolis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faravahar

They really do enjoy twisting the tales of history....
LoneBear wrote:To quote Kosh from Babylon 5, "Yes."
To quote from South Park:
Father Maxi: It is sometimes hard, in times like these, to understand God's way. Why would he allow nine innocent people to be run down in the prime of their lives by a senior citizen who, perhaps, shouldn't be driving? It is then that we must understand, God's sense of humor is very different from our own. He does not laugh at the simple "man walks into a bar" joke. No, God needs complex irony and subtle farcical twists that seem macabre to you and me. All that we can hope for is that God got his good laugh and a tragedy such as this will never happen again.
Randy: [taken aback] That's God?
Jesus: Yea, 'tis my Father, the Creator. He is the Alpha and the Omega.
[A snake's tongue lashes out from God's mouth]
:lol:

pgolde
Centurio
Centurio

Post by pgolde » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:50 pm

Recent developments in my life have my wife and I on this very path. We have ordered a lot books on the subject and are diving in. I have been very interested in learning this since Bruce loosened frozen lug nuts on a tractor with his mind. I am interested in understanding the RS explanation of how magic works. This discussion seems very timely, looking forward to adding whatever I can.

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Djchrismac wrote: Ahura Mazda = ENLIL
Angra Mainyu = ENKI
Yes. Sounds right. I wonder though if Mithra, chief among the Spenta's and known also as Baal/Moloch/Adad/Hadad (and source of later Roman Mithras mystery school) is not Nergal, Enlil's son.

Also, look at who appeared to Muhammad circa 610? Tradition says Archangel Gabriel but it sure sounds alot like a minion of Enlil (Allah); Yazata/Utukku/Nephilim/Djinn. Or could Gabriel=Nergal?

Like they used to say in Vedic India: "Same same, but different". :)
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Keep up the research, folks! Good to see it. And don't be afraid to HAVE an opinion on things. One of the things I've noticed on all the sites I read is that people are always posting links ("what do you think of this?") or quoting other people--very, very few actually form ideas and opinions on their own. I guess it isn't "socially acceptable" these days, as truth is defined by popular consensus--not fact nor observation.

If you want to do links, that's fine--but also give your view on the topic. If you're posting it, then it must have had some kind of impact on your life or thought process, so describe it. If you're reading this, then you're obviously interested in how the Universe "fits together," and the easiest way to figure that out is to share the maps we've collected in our minds.

In mythology, you'll find that the ancient myths come down to the three, big players: Enlil (the Militant General), Enki (Scientist and Engineer) and Ninhursag (Chief Medical Officer, or "Mother Nature"). More recent events, past 500 AD or so, tends to fall to their kids, Nergal, Marduk, etc. Keep in mind the major, sibling rivalry and that the Annuna were a major Patriarchy--women (like Ninhursag) had no place as rulers.

I always loved that bit on 3rd Rock from the Sun, after the aliens took human form and landed on Earth:

High Commander: Sally, I want you to observe her. Find out what women on this planet DO.
Sally: Well, why can't Harry do it?
High Commander: Because you're the woman.
Sally: That brings up a very good question; why am I the woman?
High Commander: Because you lost.

Most of the major religions don't allow women to be Priests (like the Catholics), because they are following the Annunaki pattern. But once these goddesses got established on Earth, you'll see a "god" version of woman's liberation, where the female Annunaki got a lot of "power from the people" and got a bit upset with the domineering of the male gods, and kicked some butt. When you read about these "gods," just interpret it in human terms--humans just followed the patterns the gods placed before them, so their behaviors are actually very easy to understand.

Now, back to magick... in reading some of these old, Greek translations, I've noticed that the deities fall into two, different categories.

First, you have what Stargate refers to as the Goa'uld, the "false gods" that were the S-Ms (Saurian ETs) that colonized this world, thousands of years ago. They did, indeed, create mankind and a lot of other life forms, but are a militant lot out to plunder the riches of a newly developing planet. You can distinguish these deities by their behaviors; they're always fighting about something.

Second, you have Nature anthropomorphized as "gods". These deities are not associated with the Titans or Annuna, though I have indications that some refer to the Cyclopeans. I was just reading Gottfried Leibniz's book on Monadology, and after some fascinating introductory material, he goes all "god-like" in praise and worship. Now considering he was living in the 17th century, I suspect he made this "deifying" of his scientific work to keep from being put to death by the churches of the time. Can't blame him for that. Once you read past the "Praise Be To God!" stuff, the point that he is trying to make is that there exists a reciprocal relation between this realm and another (which I've referred to as the "Other Realm", as compared to the "Mortal Realm", on this site). The Monad for any life form must therefore consist of both a body and soul (material and cosmic aspect, just like Larson states in Beyond Space and Time). Spirits are considered life forms, so they, too, must have a link between body and soul, to have a complete "Monadic existence." My understanding of this (as of the moment--no guarantees it won't change later), is that it is our consciousness that biases us to an existence in either this realm (material) or the other (cosmic)--not an actual "fact of Nature" because we must exist in both realms, simultaneously, to qualify as a life form.

Using the concept of the atomic "time region," as Larson describes, we find that inanimate matter tends to exist at a LOCATION in space and a STRUCTURE in time. Therefore, the atom "sees" spatial information because it is linearly distributed, but because its structure is YIN (enclosed or self-contained within the time region), the structural side of the atom never "sees" the temporal information (locations in time)--but occasionally can "feel" it, when another atom comes close enough in time to interact (such as quantum entanglement).

Life forms, being aggregates of material and cosmic atoms, appear to operate under the same conditions. Our material existence allows us to easily perceive locations in space, because that is what our physical senses in the body were designed to do. But there is an entire realm on the cosmic side, locations in time, that some people CAN perceive, using their "soul senses," namely intuition.

So what we end up with is TWO, populated realms, each not able to easily perceive the other (but there are exceptions--witches, wizards and such, in BOTH realms). But one must consider the bias of material society--we consider "yang" (space) to be the norm on which we base our values. Anything "yin" would be opposed to our material values (regardless of true values) and appear as demonic. I believe that these "demons" that get summoned in the old rituals are cosmic life forms that are not particularly intelligent, but somewhere along the line of a trained animal that is taught, though generations of sorcery, to do the bidding of its material Masters. This would explain why some of these unethical sorcerers have that ability to summon demons--they're just calling for their "cosmic dog" with a c-biscuit and telling them to go out and bite someone. This also explains why you can summon them by name--dogs know their names!

In Larson's physics, he identified this factor called the "inter-regional ratio" which mathematically describes the effect of one region on another. It has a value of 156.44, meaning that from one side, the other appears 156 time "bigger," even though it isn't. Applying this to the spirit concept, it may explain why these other realm demons, doing the bidding of evil sorcerers, appear so powerful--156x as powerful--even though they actually aren't. It may also explain the old, magical adage that to have power over something, you need to know it's name. Dogs don't respond well to "hey you!"

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:52 am

LoneBear wrote:This would explain why some of these unethical sorcerers have that ability to summon demons--they're just calling for their "cosmic dog" with a c-biscuit and telling them to go out and bite someone. This also explains why you can summon them by name--dogs know their names!
Could these "cosmic dogs" have been actual animals and upon their death, their souls had been "trapped" or "harnessed" by the previous owner. Somehow I think this is possible, so that the sorcerer doesnt need to tame the "cosmic dog" in its cosmic form, but in its material form. Maybe some of those cosmic dogs are actually done like this and others some different entities.
Enjoy the Silence

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Ilkka wrote:Could these "cosmic dogs" have been actual animals and upon their death, their souls had been "trapped" or "harnessed" by the previous owner. Somehow I think this is possible, so that the sorcerer doesnt need to tame the "cosmic dog" in its cosmic form, but in its material form. Maybe some of those cosmic dogs are actually done like this and others some different entities.
That is definitely a possibility. Why don't you do some research on the concept of the "familiar spirit" and see if there is any correlation?