South Park season 18 episode 6

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Post Reply
Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am

South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by Ilkka » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:04 am

Latest South Park episode (S 18 Ep 6) was simply hilariously educational, this episode is very different than every episode before from this season, I mean episode 5 was good as well, but this weeks was so "mad" that my stomach hurts a bit from laughing so hard.

I very much liked the fake add where Trey Parker advertises alcohol etc.(dont want to reveal too much about the episode so good that it was).
Enjoy the Silence

User avatar
Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Hahahaa Beelzeboot!! That was brilliant, very enjoyable especially Trey's advert.

Definitely the best of the series so far.

"Use lots of flashing cha-chings and compliments to make the player feel good about themselves."

"Come back friend, you've got new buddies guy."

:lol:

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3858
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by LoneBear » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

Ilkka wrote:Latest South Park episode (S 18 Ep 6) was simply hilariously educational, this episode is very different than every episode before from this season, I mean episode 5 was good as well, but this weeks was so "mad" that my stomach hurts a bit from laughing so hard.

I very much liked the fake add where Trey Parker advertises alcohol etc.(dont want to reveal too much about the episode so good that it was).
Finally, an episode worth watching! Twice!

I was watching on the DVR and fast-forwarded past the alcohol commercial, because it looked exactly like an alcohol commercial. Then when the cartoon started up again too soon, I backed up and realized it was part of the show.

The devil sitting on the bed explaining addiction to Stan was classic.

Also that subtle little commentary about overpaid entertainers after Stan went and spent $26000 on the Terrance & Phillips Freemium game...

Randy: Do you know how many songs I have to write to pay for this?!?!?!
Stan: One?

Kewl.
Djchrismac wrote:Hahahaa Beelzeboot!! That was brilliant, very enjoyable especially Trey's advert.
It is interesting that Canada seems to have a "reputation" across Europe as well, eh?
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

User avatar
Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by Lozion » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:10 pm

LoneBear wrote: It is interesting that Canada seems to have a "reputation" across Europe as well, eh?
Curious about what you mean, can I stream this somewhere?
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

User avatar
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis
Posts: 3858
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:38 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by LoneBear » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Lozion wrote:Curious about what you mean, can I stream this somewhere?
Yes, here: http://southpark.cc.com/
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

User avatar
Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by Lozion » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

I'm not too familiar with SP so may have missed some inside jokes but yeah that was funny alright. As for the Canadian parody, substitute the Ministry of Gaming for Mining and its spot on. We sure have a "reputation" in West Africa in that regard... :(
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

User avatar
Djchrismac
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:43 pm

LoneBear wrote:Finally, an episode worth watching! Twice!

I was watching on the DVR and fast-forwarded past the alcohol commercial, because it looked exactly like an alcohol commercial. Then when the cartoon started up again too soon, I backed up and realized it was part of the show.
Yep, I have series 2 from a DVD and at the start of every episode Matt and Trey do a fake cooking show intro and they are hilarious. If you've not seen the documentary on them making an episode, 6 Days to Air, you can watch it at http://old.stream.cz/uservideo/621380-6-days-to-air
LoneBear wrote:The devil sitting on the bed explaining addiction to Stan was classic.
I've noticed in South Park that Satan is often pretty clued up and even portrayed as the good guy. It's been quite a while since God made an appearance...

Image

:D
LoneBear wrote:
Djchrismac wrote:Hahahaa Beelzeboot!! That was brilliant, very enjoyable especially Trey's advert.
It is interesting that Canada seems to have a "reputation" across Europe as well, eh?
Nah buddy, I love Canadians and not only have friends and relatives there but also recently found out that some of my ancestors went from Arran to New Brunswick during the highland clearances. Lots of Scots emigrated to Canada back then, I just find the way "aboot" is said absolutely hilarious. Like their old PM Steven Abootman! :lol:

Image
Lozion wrote:I'm not too familiar with SP so may have missed some inside jokes but yeah that was funny alright. As for the Canadian parody, substitute the Ministry of Gaming for Mining and its spot on. We sure have a "reputation" in West Africa in that regard... :(
Canada on Strike is a great parody of the Hollywood writers strike a few years back.... buddy!!! :wink: :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_on_Strike

Plot

Mr. Mackey informs the students that it is Canada Appreciation Day. He plays a video in which Steven Abootman, President of the World Canadian Bureau (initialism: WGA),[1] asks the students to remember all of Canada's contributions to the world. When he asks, "When you think of Canada, what's the one thing that comes to mind?", Cartman responds "Gayness!" Abootman also asks, "What is it that makes Canada so important?" and Craig replies "Nothing!" All the other students laugh and ridicule the Canadians (except for Ike, who is the only South Park Elementary student of Canadian descent).
Watch this if you haven't seen the South Park versions of all the internet sensations over the last few years, so funny! Come on now Lozion, time for an Ike avatar surely or at least another Canadian character! 8)

User avatar
Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:55 pm
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by Lozion » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Djchrismac wrote:
LoneBear wrote:Finally, an episode worth watching! Twice!

I was watching on the DVR and fast-forwarded past the alcohol commercial, because it looked exactly like an alcohol commercial. Then when the cartoon started up again too soon, I backed up and realized it was part of the show.
Yep, I have series 2 from a DVD and at the start of every episode Matt and Trey do a fake cooking show intro and they are hilarious. If you've not seen the documentary on them making an episode, 6 Days to Air, you can watch it at http://old.stream.cz/uservideo/621380-6-days-to-air
LoneBear wrote:The devil sitting on the bed explaining addiction to Stan was classic.
I've noticed in South Park that Satan is often pretty clued up and even portrayed as the good guy. It's been quite a while since God made an appearance...

Image

:D
LoneBear wrote:
Djchrismac wrote:Hahahaa Beelzeboot!! That was brilliant, very enjoyable especially Trey's advert.
It is interesting that Canada seems to have a "reputation" across Europe as well, eh?
Nah buddy, I love Canadians and not only have friends and relatives there but also recently found out that some of my ancestors went from Arran to New Brunswick during the highland clearances. Lots of Scots emigrated to Canada back then, I just find the way "aboot" is said absolutely hilarious. Like their old PM Steven Abootman! :lol:

Image
Lozion wrote:I'm not too familiar with SP so may have missed some inside jokes but yeah that was funny alright. As for the Canadian parody, substitute the Ministry of Gaming for Mining and its spot on. We sure have a "reputation" in West Africa in that regard... :(
Canada on Strike is a great parody of the Hollywood writers strike a few years back.... buddy!!! :wink: :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_on_Strike

Plot

Mr. Mackey informs the students that it is Canada Appreciation Day. He plays a video in which Steven Abootman, President of the World Canadian Bureau (initialism: WGA),[1] asks the students to remember all of Canada's contributions to the world. When he asks, "When you think of Canada, what's the one thing that comes to mind?", Cartman responds "Gayness!" Abootman also asks, "What is it that makes Canada so important?" and Craig replies "Nothing!" All the other students laugh and ridicule the Canadians (except for Ike, who is the only South Park Elementary student of Canadian descent).
Watch this if you haven't seen the South Park versions of all the internet sensations over the last few years, so funny! Come on now Lozion, time for an Ike avatar surely or at least another Canadian character! 8)

Oh, I didnt know there was a running gag about Canucks :) Being from Quebec, I suppose we are less clued in to the SP parodies, different history, different culture, different country really, but thats another story...
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

User avatar
daniel
Centurio
Centurio
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: P3X-774

Re: South Park season 18 episode 6

Post by daniel » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Careful, or I'll turn on the front water hose, and create the Second Deluge!! (Though it might take a little longer).

Professor Chaos
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose

Post Reply