Childbirth

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

Childbirth

Post by DSKlausler » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 am

I can come up with only one reason why the designers would make human childbirth so painful: as a disincentive.

Is this so?
Anything is possible with the proper training.

Arcelius
Atriensis
Atriensis

Re: Childbirth

Post by Arcelius » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:53 pm

I have not heard that. I have heard or read that it was a side-effect of the original "dumbing down" of man genetically. Originally, humans weren't supposed to reproduce by themselves so I doubt that was a deliberate disincentive.

daniel
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by daniel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Arcelius wrote:I have not heard that. I have heard or read that it was a side-effect of the original "dumbing down" of man genetically. Originally, humans weren't supposed to reproduce by themselves so I doubt that was a deliberate disincentive.
I would agree with this; it's more of an engineering side-effect, like many things are. Remember that mankind was created as a slave--no intent there for creating a viable species.
Don't ever trust the people that claim the right to rule you. --Larken Rose
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.phoenixiii

maeghan
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by maeghan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:38 pm

Childbirth is not pleasant. I was planning on not getting an epidural, but I'm so glad I did. If I hadn't of, I would have ended up having a c-section.

I don't think our state of being is a result of the natural order of things. The prime directive was broken on us and I think childbirth is painful because the god of the OT cursed us.

PeacefulMe
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by PeacefulMe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:45 am

I guess it depends on the person giving birth. Everyone has their own unique threshold for pain. I for one was more afraid of the pain from receiving an epidural and the use of 'drugs' in general. And after 9 months of worrying about that, I ended up arriving at the hospital fully dilated and ready to give birth after just a day of uncomfortable cramps. Honestly, I didn't even think I was in labor. If it weren't for my husband urging us to go to the hospital, I probably would have given birth at home! I think the human body is an amazing thing. And the human mind is equally amazing. I believe that if you think it's going to hurt, then more than likely, it will. I wasn't at all worried or thinking about the 'pain' of childbirth and I can't say that I really experienced 'pain'. But maybe I'm an exception to the 'rule' :wink: Giving birth was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade that in for anything. And giving birth naturally was even more rewarding. Look at all the creatures in Nature that have live births…it's not just us humans :)

mongo
Centurio
Centurio

Post by mongo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

This post definitely needed a female perspective. Thanks PeacefulMe & Meaghan!

DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

Post by DSKlausler » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 am

I had no dispute with the pain.

Half-assed human design. It may not be too constructive - but I am often furious at this grand plan.
Anything is possible with the proper training.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:15 pm

DSKlausler wrote:I can come up with only one reason why the designers would make human childbirth so painful: as a disincentive.
Maybe they wanted it to look so painful for it to be traumatic experince, or memorable for to have only one child, because the pain is too great for going through it again. It is also right after(or in the middle of it) being picted as the most beautiful experience of a lifetime, for to have it again might not be so special/pleasurable event, of course I can't say for all, not even for me because I am a man, like I knew a thing about having babies etc. :D
I'm just memorizing the countless times I've seen the childbirth scenes from countless of movies and series, nearly or in every single popular series have atleast one childbirth episode in it. Maybe not all, but so many at least.

Anyways that might be one plausable explanation for that thing.
Enjoy the Silence

Billy
Centurio
Centurio

Post by Billy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 pm

Has anyone here ever seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_P9KZrLYII

I have a friend who heads an organization of women who profess the beauty of water birthing. At one time, there was a young couple who were my neighbors just to the left, and the young woman gave birth at home with the assistance of a midwife. It was quite interesting to speak with them about the experience, both during the time leading up to the birth as well as in the aftermath of the baby having been born.

There are many different ways of viewing this subject, but I am bothered by the constant stream of media images showing a woman with her legs wide open in a hospital bed, screaming, swearing up a storm, and spewing pea soup, as if some demon had taken possession of her. Any attempts in the past at broaching this subject, even in a calm and mild way, have always been met with ridicule. Most often I have heard, "You're not a woman, so just keep out of things that you don't understand." Thus, I shut my mouth. It's amazing how quick people are to anger, as they perceive you somehow challenging the all-mighty God of allopathic medicine.

As a director of an organization which caters to the needs of developmentally disabled adults, I have seen first hand just how fallible is the process of childbirth in hospitals: Two of my clients were yanked at birth using metal clamps, leading to cognitive delay (autism as well as pervasive developmental disorder). And I ask: Was their not a better way to assist the birth? Is our only option here a cold metal clamp that looks like some medieval torture device?