Liberland

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Liberland

Post by Lozion » Mon May 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Well, a new attempt at a micro-nation along the Danube. Lets watch where this goes..

Deepfsh, you may have more info on this then wiki?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberland
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Re: Liberland

Post by deepfsh » Sun May 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Lozion wrote:Deepfsh, you may have more info on this then wiki?
I overlooked this post. I saw this charade on the news passing by the livingroom a few days ago. Ten days after Liberland, the Kingdom of Enklava was established on the other side of Croatia. I'm not willing to investigate it further, the only thing I know is that it received quite a lot of media coverage (it's also a useful distraction, a lot is going on in the region lately).
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Lozion
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Lozion » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:19 am

Mmm.. Not exactly rapport based is what you mean I suppose?
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

deepfsh
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by deepfsh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:31 am

Lozion wrote:Mmm.. Not exactly rapport based is what you mean I suppose?
What I meant with "charade" is that if other states don't recognize you, it means nothing, as far as I know, but maybe there are some advantages after all.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Things to Come

Post by LoneBear » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:23 pm

The folks that try to create a "free land" are just looking for a better master to serve. It is like the patriot community here... they want political sovereignty to have the freedom to serve God...?

Last night I watched H. G. Wells' Things to Come (1936). And now that we know more of the ambitions of Wells, that story line says a lot... worth watching, IMHO. It actually gives you a lot to think about, as they go from a 30-year war in the future (1966) and a group of people (airmen) managed to survive with a better vision of the future, which they set out to implement and create a utopia.

Needless to say, slaves given their freedom spend most of their free time trying to find ways to be slaves again--looking for someone to follow. What you are left pondering in the film is that man has learned to change his external environment, but can he ever learn to change his internal one?

The normal battle is usually between political and religious "freedom," and as Gopi was telling me today, China is an excellent example--they've just outlawed a particular form of meditation, because the number of people meditating is now exceeding the number of political supporters! China has a long history of the flip-flop between political and religious factions (see Eva Wong's book, Tales of the Dancing Dragon). And it looks like they are getting ready to "flip" again--which may explain the Dragon Family stuff with Wilcock and ilk; the new Saviors that will again come into power, things will be good for a generation, then they'll become just as corrupt as their predecessors, whom will overthrow them with the same way they got overthrown.

So it always comes down to: can man learn to take responsibility for himself? And that includes the 3D spatial realm of nature, the 3D temporal realm of the heart/soul and the realms that exist beyond space and time...
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

tymeflyz
Discens
Discens

Re: Things to Come

Post by tymeflyz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:58 am

LoneBear wrote:The folks that try to create a "free land" are just looking for a better master to serve. It is like the patriot community here... they want political sovereignty to have the freedom to serve God...?

Needless to say, slaves given their freedom spend most of their free time trying to find ways to be slaves again--looking for someone to follow. What you are left pondering in the film is that man has learned to change his external environment, but can he ever learn to change his internal one?

So it always comes down to: can man learn to take responsibility for himself?
i have to wonder if humanoid slave dna controls the need to be controlled ?
or from the "twilight zone " to serve man ... is a cook book. Were we just created [manufactured]as a food stuff waiting to happen??
I make the leap that I'm so far outside the box because my indoctrination was incomplete, i wasn't paying attention in school and or life when those lessons were taught.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Things to Come

Post by LoneBear » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 am

tymeflyz wrote:i have to wonder if humanoid slave dna controls the need to be controlled ?
Who controls your DNA... you, or your creator? Of course that begs the question, "who owns your body... the State, the Church, or YOU?"
tymeflyz wrote:I make the leap that I'm so far outside the box because my indoctrination was incomplete, i wasn't paying attention in school and or life when those lessons were taught.
I am, for the most part, self-educated by my own curiosity about life, the Universe and everything. By the time schools got around to teaching things, I already knew more than the teachers did (whom are seldom experts; just "doing their job.")

If people want to grow internally, in mind, body and spirit, they need to take responsibility for their own evolution. If you wait for the State or Church to do it... all you will learn is now to say, "do you want fries with that?"
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.