Shinto

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Shinto

Post by LoneBear » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:32 am

I had a rather fascinating (and lengthy) discussion with an old Shinto priest over the last couple of days, about life, the Universe and everything. He is one who teaches from the heart, not the book. I was quite amazed to learn that the core concepts of Shinto (the underlying philosophy of the Japanese people) are almost identical to my own, which are based in the records of the L-race.

Unlike most theologies, Shinto recognizes that they are extra-terrestrial in nature--the Japanese people are not native to Earth, but were transported here by their gods. Indeed, their temples mark the original landing places of the "flying boats from the Universe" that brought them here.

The Shinto core concepts of the structure of the universe are very similar to those taught by the Inner Planes; that the Universe is a giant sphere with "god" at the center. The system is polarized into good in evil. The good energy comes from god at the center; the evil from "outside" the sphere. I find this a very interesting point, given what we know about "counterspace" -- evil originating at the counterspace origin. Two views of the same thing.

Their views on healing are a bit different. They attribute "dis-ease" to negative entities. These entities are not evil, nor do they have a plan. They are basically lazy, and attach themselves to a person on the astral plane to consume your energy, bit by bit. This causes the cells, blood, and organs to have their normal operation interrupted, resulting in the various physical diseases we treat with drugs.

Another interesting point is that these negative entities do not attack you and attach themselves -- you invite them in to feast on your energy thru negative thought and action. In the metaphysical realm, like attracts like. Feeling hate or fear is the dinner bell to invite them into your lives.

The methods they use to heal is to detach these negative entities from your astral body, then allow your physical body to heal normally thru a diet with the proper nutrition to do the repairs effectively. This includes healing of the spirit -- why you rang the dinner bell and invited them in, in the first place -- so they don't come back.

He was agreeable to returning to lecture on Shinto to the Rangers, should the Rangers be interested in learning of this philosophy.

cointreau
Cognitor
Cognitor

I'm interested

Post by cointreau » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:10 am

Anything that will enhance my understanding of the way the universe works is welcomed by me. I've been looking at the world through the eyes of the Christian Patriarchs of the Catholic Church who distorted the original teachings to their convenience. I'm sure a lot can be learned by looking at the universe from a different perspective such as the Shinto one.

Alluvion
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Shinto

Post by Alluvion » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:53 am

Shinto information would definately be of benefit. Perhaps his information can be catalogued in virtual documents on this site?
_adam

dbeaman1
Centurio
Centurio

Re: Shinto

Post by dbeaman1 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:22 am

I'm definitely interested in learning anything :D
oma