Derren Brown Pushed to the Edge

General discussion about the Elder Race, Life, the Universe and Everything.
skyva
Discens
Discens

Derren Brown Pushed to the Edge

Post by skyva » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:23 pm

A very well designed experiment about human behaviour and obedience. Worth a watch!

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Re: Derren Brown Pushed to the Edge

Post by LoneBear » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Excellent film. I've always like Derren Brown, but he really outdid himself with this.
Keeper of the Troth of Ásgarðr, Moriar prius quam dedecorer.

Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Juanter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:22 pm

That was probably the scariest thing I have ever watched. Very thought provoking. The close handler is always the key to this manipulation.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 am

--- SPOILER WARNING --- WATCH BEFORE READING ---
Juanter wrote:That was probably the scariest thing I have ever watched. Very thought provoking. The close handler is always the key to this manipulation.
It is a very unsettling documentary, to think that an average muggle can be pushed to "murder 1" in just 72 minutes. My hat is off to Chris whom refused, when "push came to shove," so to speak.

It was kind of funny that the victim, Bernie, was probably based on an old film, "Weekend at Bernies."

Did you notice all the NLP he used, like the monitors in the background repeating their "PUSH - whatever it takes!" and the name, PUSH, is a subliminal, itself.

If you look around, you start to notice the same techniques used in marketing... here, try one bite of this free sample, then we'll guilt you into buying a package!

It was very well done. Though what really surprised me at the end was the other 75% that wasn't in the main part of the show.

skyva
Discens
Discens

Post by skyva » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:35 am

Everything was planned every word and all the surroundings. Derren Brown is a master with this kind of "stuff". I was also very shocked also about the end!

It was a very adjusted strategy all started with the small kind of favors (to mark the meat dish to vegetarian) and it was getting bigger and bigger. To the "push" which was the most used in the show, everywhere you look you see the word push. Really brilliant! Some of the guys went to auto pilot because of the intense emotions and followed orders blindly.

I like the analogy ( i dont know it it is true but sounds pretty reasonable) with the cooking a lobster alive. If you throw him into hot water he will jump, but if you increase the heat really slow, at some point the lobster will be cooked to death.

This process works really well. In german there is a saying for this "salami tactics" bit by bit. Lets take the banning of hardcash. I can only talk about Europe in some countries its there are limits for payments in hardcash (e.g. 5000€) As long the public doesnt go wild and will be getting more and more serious and will hard cash will be banned completely. Without hardcash you are handing your "money" = "power" to the banks and they can do everything with you like Negative nominal interest rates and close your account if they want to.

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:24 am

I watched it again, yesterday, so I was able to focus more on the background and other activities going on. Something that did catch my eye was that they picked 2 men and 2 women for the test. Chris, the one the show covered, refused to push Bernie off the building. The other guy hesitated twice, before the "coaxing" from the others won out. But the two women just shoved him right off, then felt bad about it later.

I remember from my corporate days that marketing targets women, primarily, because they are more socially compliant. They typically use the "testimonials" approach--"look, all these people are buying it and love it, so you should too!" To me, testimonials are a red flag, since it is basic human nature to be very vocal about something that is bad, yet be complete silent on things that are good. Testimonials are backwards from this. When I read reviews, I always go to the "1 star" reviews, first, because that is where you will get the real info.

I was wondering how they got the women to replace Bernie during the auction... caught it this time, "Bernie" was a nickname for Bernadette.

When they flashed back to the interview process, with the people standing and sitting each time a bell rang to find those that were socially compliant... I wouldn't have lasted two seconds. My rebellious Aquarian nature would have stood when they were sitting and sat when they were standing. I wonder what Derren would have done with that!

skyva
Discens
Discens

Post by skyva » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:15 am

They target woman because they are pushed more to look good and the bar is so high they never can reach it. If you watch TV or look on posters you see everywhere half naked but perfect looking woman, which are all photoshopped, but most women dont realize it and aspire to look like the models.
There are other things in education too, woman are more raised to comply and serve the man. Who is doing all the homework like cooking, washing, woman. Because they were raise to do so. The list is endless...

@Lonebear
Well Derren would kick you out of the process like the other guys who didnt complied this simple procedure of standing up and sitting down like a dog.

There is also another experiment like this one but with monkeys. http://johnstepper.com/2013/10/26/the-f ... ew-lesson/

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:09 pm

If I ever found myself in that situation, unlikely as that may be, I'd probably play along just to see where it went. I'm the type of person that would throw off the results because I have a tendency to appear compliant in the early stages of something to slip into the cracks so to speak and then slowly (sometimes not so much) turn and force the crack open.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Juanter
Indagator
Indagator

Post by Juanter » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 am

When I was watching it one of the things that always got me was when the handler was always promoting the muggle to do an act, why didn't they say, "Hey dude, why don't YOU do that." If I was in that deep I am certain that would be my response. "If you want bruises on that dead guy so bad, I suggest you kick him. If you want him dead, you should push him." Unless that was edited, it doesn't even seem that the subjects even considered that option.

So yes, these test subjects were chosen for their "susceptibility to manipulation," so I gives us as a society some hope I guess. As a side note if this TV series can create such a convincing corpse that a person can't tell it a fake even when inches away, and continually moving it; just think about what our uber funded government agencies are doing in that regard. Scary thought.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:44 am

Jaunter wrote:As a side note if this TV series can create such a convincing corpse that a person can't tell it a fake even when inches away, and continually moving it; just think about what our uber funded government agencies are doing in that regard. Scary thought.
I thought about that too. When they mentioned that it was the first dummy like that if its kind I couldn't help but laugh. And laugh and laugh and laugh.

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:44 pm

LoneBear wrote:I
To me, testimonials are a red flag, since it is basic human nature to be very vocal about something that is bad, yet be complete silent on things that are good. Testimonials are backwards from this. When I read reviews, I always go to the "1 star" reviews, first, because that is where you will get the real info.
Never thought about it that way before. Right, we are vocal about products or services that aren't reliable, and no one likes to admit they have been influenced by advertising which is why we don't see ads anymore that say "...and tell 'em you heard about it from me, Crazy Al, to get an extra 20% off." You still see online ordering which allows you enter a password to get the discount, which is more discrete, in the buyer's own perception anyway.

I have mentioned to some people that commercial testimonials are all delivered by professional actors, even the one's who know how to look like the average kind of guy. People not experienced in front of the camera look all nervous and sweaty. Does the average viewer stop to think that all these testimonials are given by good looking folks with magnetic personalities? If a company assembled real customers to do those ads, the production of the commercial would take many costly extra hours and the people wouldn't all be so good looking. Unfortunately, I haven't been very successful getting that point across but I'm getting better at leaving an idea for someone to think about and then just dropping the subject.

Then I started noticing all the actors on local newscasts, really sick stuff, like fake crying mothers who supposedly just had their child shot and killed. You can so easily see that the crying is fake and the person is looking off camera to be coached. I always wondered, why would a grieving mother want to be interviewed by the news just after her child was taken from her? The most probable answer is she wouldn't. She'd be too stricken with grief to speak. It also occurred to me that the typical person feels bad for someone who is crying for real and wants to reach out and say something reassuring. But you don't get that human feeling of wanting to reach out when you see these actors pretending to be suffering on TV. Even if time is taken to add the artificial tears and some redness around the eyes for the Hollywood effect, the ultimate test is asking your own anima -- is this person really suffering or is someone trying to trick me? In the movies, the sad music comes in during the crying scenes which automatically produces an emotive effect, but I wonder if the actor is good enough to make the audience feel something without that? Many of them probably are, like the ones who do stage work.
LoneBear wrote:
When they flashed back to the interview process, with the people standing and sitting each time a bell rang to find those that were socially compliant... I wouldn't have lasted two seconds. My rebellious Aquarian nature would have stood when they were sitting and sat when they were standing. I wonder what Derren would have done with that!
He would have sent you over to Ripley's "Believe it or Not" and I think I'd pay to see you do that. Never mind, I just imagined it and I can't stop smiling.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:04 pm

I just watched this again and another thing I noticed was the physical reaction to energy centers knotting up during the progression of events.

The most noticeable one was the placing of hands on the face and mouth. Being in the vicinity of the throat chakra that deals with inner truth, it's as though there is an attempt to manipulate (with the tools for physical manipulation - the hands) the truth. The mind is saying "This isn't real. This isn't happening." but being on the receiving end of a situation with a muggle type of mindset means that there is a great deal of energy that goes into lying to the self in any given situation because illusion is preferable to reality. The other reaction I noticed was the hands to the forehead being an attempt to work on the knot forming in the anja energy center. The anima knows that what is being seen isn't the totality of situation.

Rather than seeing something from the ethical perspective of the animus, most people will choose to accept the subjective ego driven perspective, the situation will be experienced as negatively charged and shocking, the hands go to the face, and the knot is worked on.

DSKlausler
Centurio
Centurio

Post by DSKlausler » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:06 am

Good morning all,

I have two college student children. Both were high school athletes. I interacted, reluctantly, with team members, students, and their parents. Check my profile location to get an idea where I am... it probably is called upper-middle-class - but I assure that I am not. The high school course curriculum was as good as this country offers, and the teachers were not bad - our reason for being here. The vast majority are uninformed ignoramuses... stupid even - pseudo-wealthy and athlete wanna-bees.

Any way, these people would have paid to let them push - seriously. Seldom have I witnessed a thought or comment that was not hive-minded.

It has been a challenge to relocate - still in the process.
Anything is possible with the proper training.

netRa
Gregralis
Gregralis

Post by netRa » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 am

I didn’t know about Derren Brown but I bookmarked it since most of the references I find here are really worthwhile to look at. I eventually watched it yesterday and was shocked to say the least. The first thing I wondered was: “What? A mass media product is recommended in AI forum? You must be kidding me, but ok, let’s get rid of any prejudice and give it a try”. Right from the beginning it didn’t feel right: the manipulative guy, the expensive production, the collaboration of so many stars (system agents), the script and obviously the unsettling topic itself. I was always asking myself: "what are they really trying to expose and achieve with this? Is it just to make us aware of how compliant we may become so that we don’t get fooled by the system so easily? The system itself trying to help us? Really?! Isn’t there a deeper intention?"

While watching the movie I felt that, like the guys on the show, they were trying to program me as well and I was de facto another guinea pig in the experiment. It’s not easy to express in words my emotions and reactions but to me it looks like they address such a controversial topic in order to trivialize it and make us eventually even more compliant.

On a side note, the 3 people that did push Bernie didn’t seem natural to me. While Chris ended up doing the “right thing” the audience was expecting, they needed the bad guys to counter it and had 3 actors playing their role. They didn’t show much hesitation or remorse. I don’t know… too much to be naturally human.

joeyv23
Atriensis
Atriensis

Post by joeyv23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:40 am

netRa wrote:I didn’t know about Derren Brown but I bookmarked it since most of the references I find here are really worthwhile to look at. I eventually watched it yesterday and was shocked to say the least. The first thing I wondered was: “What? A mass media product is recommended in AI forum? You must be kidding me, but ok, let’s get rid of any prejudice and give it a try”.
I recommend his older work from the show 'Mind Control with Derren Brown'. Its a good bit less sinister than this experiment was and you can get an idea of some of the things he's done that led him to the point of this social compliance test. My personal favorite bit that he did was paying for things with blank slips of white paper. It really opened my mind up to how easy it is to get one off on someone and was very valuable for my growing sense of ethics.
Right from the beginning it didn’t feel right: the manipulative guy, the expensive production, the collaboration of so many stars (system agents), the script and obviously the unsettling topic itself. I was always asking myself: "what are they really trying to expose and achieve with this? Is it just to make us aware of how compliant we may become so that we don’t get fooled by the system so easily? The system itself trying to help us? Really?! Isn’t there a deeper intention?"

While watching the movie I felt that, like the guys on the show, they were trying to program me as well and I was de facto another guinea pig in the experiment. It’s not easy to express in words my emotions and reactions but to me it looks like they address such a controversial topic in order to trivialize it and make us eventually even more compliant.
This is an interesting point worth exploring. I think what we have is a case of shedding a bright light on social compliance which will cause many people who would otherwise be socially compliant themselves to feel dissatisfaction with this state of affairs. They would then begin to 'buck the system' as a natural response. In response to their pushing back against the psychological barriers and chains, the collective agenda would make itself known to those persons, and they might start to feel expelled from the group mind / matrix or, more often, there is the attempt to assimilate the now uncompliant party back into the flow of the collective with coercion and there are plenty of drones that are happy to provide this service for the 'greater good' of the whole. This act of trying to break out and then moving back in, could serve as a way to fortify the collective self. A product of the collective's overinflated ego performing it's reverse oriented function of destruction in the guise of it's original function, survival.

What's fun is the few that will slip through the cracks and dont let expulsion influence them to reassimilate and dont assimilate back into the collective matrix as a result of giving in to the drones trying to coerce them back into the fold. These few will then really start thinking and acting according to their own ethical compass. Thus from a muggle, a wizard is born.
Last edited by joeyv23 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ilkka
Praefectus
Praefectus

Post by Ilkka » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:38 pm

netRa wrote:I don’t know… too much to be naturally human.
That depends on how you define naturally "human", there is not much natural in this race other than the "spirit" which was given to us by our creator. I dont think that this kind of hybridization occurs naturally, I mean that how our race was created of course.
netRa wrote:I was always asking myself: "what are they really trying to expose and achieve with this? Is it just to make us aware of how compliant we may become so that we don’t get fooled by the system so easily? The system itself trying to help us? Really?! Isn’t there a deeper intention?"
I think they are trying to see how far we can go when pushed enough, everyone has their limits. I dont think that the "elite" approves this sort of experiments, unless it is for their amusement to see how compliant people really are. Not the guy Chris (was it?) though since he didn't push Bernie in the end.

I would've not made the thing with the foods. It just goes against my nature, also I think I could've spotted the fake corpse. Polymers have their smells don't know about high tech polymers, they might have little to no odour. I have good sense of smell at least better than my brothers and father, mother might have as good as mine. She reacts very "violently"(gagging and even vomiting) to strong smells like I do, she even more than I sometimes. Also I pay attention to details very much so. When they showed the celebs repeating their lines on the screens the first time I just instantly knew that it was part of their programming for the "guinea pig" of theirs. The ringing and standing up, would've annoyed me alot so I dont know maybe I would've done what LB said about it too. :D
Enjoy the Silence

Kent
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Kent » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:24 pm

One item that stood out to me is the second male participant's reaction after the reveal (at 1:07:23); he said something to the effect of "yeah, I nearly did it", and then Darren pauses himself and clarifies the guy's statement by pointing out that he did hesitate before he finally pushed Bernie off.

I realize there's always editing that takes place to produce a television show, but if that was his first reaction (that he "nearly did it") it's interesting to note how quickly people will refute reality to maintain their sense of the world. He did push the guy off the roof, but after finding out that he hadn't actually killed anyone he reinterpreted the events to believe that he hadn't pushed him. I'm sure he believes himself to be a good person, and instead of accept the fact that he was able to be manipulated to commit a horrific act he latched on to the memory of his hesitation and remembers "nearly doing it".

LoneBear
Legatus Legionis
Legatus Legionis

Post by LoneBear » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:20 am

Kent wrote:He did push the guy off the roof, but after finding out that he hadn't actually killed anyone he reinterpreted the events to believe that he hadn't pushed him.
It is often referred to as "selective memory," where you choose which bits of an event you will remember, then infer the connectivity between them--which can lead to very different conclusions, such as "not pushing him off the roof."

The current discussion on the Mandela Effect falls into this category, where memory is being altered--but people believe it is "reality" that is changing.

Probably the biggest memory event of this kind was the 9/11 incident, where no plane actually hit the towers--and through psychological programming and some good media graphics, TPTB convinced millions of people that they actually SAW a plane hit the tower--and everyone believed it. What they saw was a plane-shaped explosion--not an aircraft. But since everyone around said they saw a plane, and the TV showed it... well, that's "social programming."

I've dealt a lot with the metaphysical in my day and one of the first things you notice is that people do not normally believe what their own senses tell them--the "common sense" is gone. And the departure of common sense often takes ethical sense with it, because nothing (or anyone) is actually real, so it doesn't matter what happens.

animus
Centurio
Centurio

Post by animus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:58 am

"A new bidder in the back, the Gentleman in the wheelchair." Brilliant! :lol: And that awful banana anecdote of the other guy. No wits left in that situation.

What I found to be most interesting in this episode was that the viewers are practically told how easy it is to set up a fake auction event. The average viewer might not realize that there are big scams happening under the disguise of charity. Be it family members of alleged victims, which you see almost regularly on the news these days, that happily take your donations as solace for their "suffering":
A GoFundMe page has raised millions for the Orlando shooting victims and families affected by the tragedy, becoming the most successful ever on the site. Almost $3 million (£2.1m) was donated within 48 hours of the page being created by civil rights organisation Equality Florida. (telegraph.co.uk)
Or other shams:
In a rare joint action with attorneys general for each of the 50 states, the Federal Trade Commission says four cancer charities run by extended members of the same family conned donors out of $187 million from 2008 through 2012 and spent almost nothing to help actual cancer patients. (cnn.com)
In charity events like the one in this episode you would have at least gotten something solid in return, though I bet that through various NLP tactics you could end up paying 10k for something worth 10,-. Miles Mathis' paper about money laundering through art is quite eye-opening in this regard.

dave432 wrote:Then I started noticing all the actors on local newscasts, really sick stuff, like fake crying mothers who supposedly just had their child shot and killed.
Jaunter wrote:As a side note if this TV series can create such a convincing corpse that a person can't tell it a fake even when inches away, and continually moving it; just think about what our uber funded government agencies are doing in that regard. Scary thought.
It's funny how unaffected today's news leaves you after you are aware of the use of crisis actors et al. (among the other lies). Dead bodies and open wounds of victims might look very real but often they are not.
Using state-of-the-art “Hollywood” special effects, wound makeup artists create scores of extremely realistic wounds and simulations that give military medical personnel trauma care training under realistic combat operations in the field and at the fully-furnished field medical facilities. This medical simulation capability is unique in the training world and goes well beyond moulage and typical make up techniques. Truly “next generation” in detail, realism, dynamics, and scope; Strategic Operations Inc. (STOPS) calls it Hyper-Realistic™. (strategic-operations.com)
To understand the term"Hyper-Realistic" take a look at the pictures in the link above or better yet watch their video business card.

Did anybody notice the use of greenscreen when they introduced the participants? Very obvious at 08:55 into the episode. You should watch out for that one in the news as well when they claim to be "on site" but are actually just "on set".

dave432
Centurio
Centurio

Post by dave432 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:46 pm

animus wrote: It's funny how unaffected today's news leaves you after you are aware of the use of crisis actors et al. (among the other lies). Dead bodies and open wounds of victims might look very real but often they are not.
Right. The problem I've been facing is people seeing me react that way and either thinking I am heartless or seriously out of touch with "the real world." I guess you have to realize that this "Miles Mathian" way of looking at the world is immensely threatening to someone fully entrenched in the matrix artificial reality, and by affirming your position you may be creating suffering for that person, which isn't good. So, there are times I don't mention anything and just play along, or I just go ahead and make an observation and hold my ground even though there's resistance, or there's a third option of dropping a hint or posing a question for someone to consider and leaving it at that. The third option is the one I'm trying to learn to respond with more often, the "I am grey" Minbari approach. It's definitely practice dealing with many different levels of awareness all occupying the same planet.

If someone thinks I'm off my rocker for thinking a mass event is staged and acted out like a Hollywood film shoot, I might react defensively, and when I do that I'm trying to see that there is still a part of me who agrees with that person's assessment of me, and I see my own resistance to believing that people on TV and in print are deliberately partaking in deception. At that moment I'm feeling afraid and vulnerable that I am not part of the collective, separated from the pack as the hungry tiger is in fast pursuit. I try to honor that fear in me and then apply logic, such as remembering how many fake witnesses are paraded out in front of us. It's the logic, the thinking function, that has been getting me back on track and my own observations of geoengineering and also the media silence about the intense uV from the sun. I also remind myself the sun used to be yellow and is now white, but nary a mention from the "news." When I work my way back, I remember my goal of being an individuated peaceful explorer of the Universe.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle. We'll have some toast.

Andrew
Cellarius
Cellarius

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:25 pm

skyva wrote:Everything was planned every word and all the surroundings. Derren Brown is a master with this kind of "stuff". I was also very shocked also about the end!

It was a very adjusted strategy all started with the small kind of favors (to mark the meat dish to vegetarian) and it was getting bigger and bigger. To the "push" which was the most used in the show, everywhere you look you see the word push. Really brilliant! Some of the guys went to auto pilot because of the intense emotions and followed orders blindly.

I like the analogy ( i dont know it it is true but sounds pretty reasonable) with the cooking a lobster alive. If you throw him into hot water he will jump, but if you increase the heat really slow, at some point the lobster will be cooked to death.

This process works really well. In german there is a saying for this "salami tactics" bit by bit. Lets take the banning of hardcash. I can only talk about Europe in some countries its there are limits for payments in hardcash (e.g. 5000€) As long the public doesnt go wild and will be getting more and more serious and will hard cash will be banned completely. Without hardcash you are handing your "money" = "power" to the banks and they can do everything with you like Negative nominal interest rates and close your account if they want to.
Marxist Incrementalism
After World War I, two leading Marxist intellectuals, Antonio Gramsci in Italy and Georg Lukacs in Hungary, both concluded, independently of one another, that Western culture and the Christian religion had so blinded the working class to its true, Marxist class interests, that a Communist revolution would be impossible to carry out in the West without first destroying both of those institutions. Gramsci laid out a strategy for destroying Christianity and Western culture by conducting, in an orderly fashion, a "long march through the institutions" – where Marxists would infiltrate the schools, the media, the churches, the labor unions, the major political parties – i.e., every institution that could influence the culture. This process would sabotage American society from the inside, and would require decades to fully unfold. Lukacs, for his part, proposed the use of "cultural terrorism" to destroy his own country's traditional sexual morals – and thereby contribute mightily to the downfall of its traditional culture and Christian faith.
The Ideological Disease known as 'Cultural Marxism' Exposed in 7 Minutes
"Classical historians traditionally dismiss tales of magic as unworthy of scholarly attention, but to us any mention of a witch's broomstick or wizard's wand evokes the smell of a scientist's laboratory." The Sphinx and the Megaliths